PDA

View Full Version : A Random Organization of Thoughts.

sodapop
02-05-09, 1:37 pm
Nothing crushes you like the iron does. Lying up under that bar, you can feel the pressure, hear the mocking, taste the sweat. Standing in the pit with the world on your shoulders, collapsing under the weight. But you dig deep and you find the will to stand up like a fuckin' man.

Life in itself is intimidating. The pressures of society are ever-present; your parents, your friends, your boss, whatever. The pressure to pay the bills. But when you step into the gym - your arena, your hell, and your haven - they all disappear, only to be replaced by the taunting of the iron. The iron is always waiting for you when you arrive, already laughing, trying to bring you down. So, you do what has to be done, and show the iron what a man is made of. You pay your fuckin' dues, and walk away - limping. But you walk away.

C.Coronato
02-05-09, 3:50 pm
AMEN

sodapop
02-05-09, 9:51 pm
The world will do it's best to drag you away from your goals, kicking and screaming. Or, maybe you'll go willingly. Or, maybe you'll realize what it means to sacrifice - your time, your body, your mind.

Maybe you'll fight back the world and chase what's yours. You'll get up every morning, joints aching, muscles burning, and choke back those eggs. You'll go to work all day, only to come home and prepare to put in a whole different kind of work. You'll walk into the pit, overwhelmed by that pressure. You'll pay your fucking dues.

Or will you? Will you... Stay Gold?

sodapop
02-08-09, 11:31 pm
Working out is hard, sure. But the kitchen is where the real work comes in. All day, every day, shoveling food 'till you can no longer. It's a well-known fact in this game; if you ain't eating big, you ain't gettin' big.

It really is amazing how much eating right helps you. After kicking the eating up a notch, I've noticed how much faster I make strength gains in the gym (as well as size gains, of course).

You know what they say; no one grows in the gym.

Meister
02-09-09, 12:09 am
Struggles happen to us each and every day, it is how we deal with them, and continue to push our limits, that is what brings us closer together. Sometimes all we have is our brothers on this site, even at our worst we pick our bothers up and help them shine. For it is this rare breed of individual who puts their body through this what others call hell, but as for me gentlemen i love it. I love the pain, as i am sure all of my brothers do. I cant stop, I wont stop, for no man or no women, it is in my heart...embedded in my soul....I even transcribed it into my DNA. Brothers enjoy every moment

wordsstartwars
02-09-09, 12:20 am
I have STRUGGLE and OVERCOME tattooed down my left and right rib cages collectively to remind myself everyday that life is an eternal struggle and if you stop fighting, you'll die. Never quit struggling brother.

BB
02-09-09, 3:48 pm
wel said :)