PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice - Questions and Contemplation

xMATT182x
02-06-09, 3:23 am
Everyday I wake up, roll my ass outta bed and prep my mind and body for the day. If you guys are anything like me your rushin and managing your time just to get ample amounts of shit done. I always end up feeling bad because I put lifting and nutrition as numero uno in my book becuase just like everything this shit takes serious dedication. I told my girl from the get go that this is part of who I am and this is part of me and my life. I tell myself that I can't let myself get down if I don't always spend time with her but that shit sneaks up on ya. Then it comes back to me that life isn't fuckin easy and nothing worth while comes in shiny gift wrapped box. So let me ask you this, what sacrifices do you make daily? Do your girls, wives and family accept them or put them on you? I know what I want in life and I know it takes work, dedication and most of all sacrifice. That much I've learned and will continue to do so. I know also that I won't live a life where people put more stress on me for following my goals. Do you guys out there deal with this shit everday just as I do?

tec9
02-06-09, 3:42 am
I deal with my family n friends 24/7 365 ...they all think im crazy cus i still consider myself small not big they all think im crazy cus i eat like a pig even when im not hungry ...all the time yo man u crazy... y u doing this..girls dont like huge peeps this n that fuck all that at the end of the day when the guy in the mirror looking at me he looking at someone who deal with pain who dont take easy shi who rather walk da walk than talk da talk who wanna make something outta nothing im 21 yr bro got in bodybuilding 8mnths ago i was 160 n today im 192 i need all this ppl to look at me like ima maniac i need this ppl so they could give me extra push keep doing what you doing bro if ppl dont understand fuk it if they do understand fuk it u came alone u wil go alone so before you do leave a mark..
pz

xMATT182x
02-06-09, 4:09 am
I deal with my family n friends 24/7 365 ...they all think im crazy cus i still consider myself small not big they all think im crazy cus i eat like a pig even when im not hungry ...all the time yo man u crazy... y u doing this..girls dont like huge peeps this n that fuck all that at the end of the day when the guy in the mirror looking at me he looking at someone who deal with pain who dont take easy shi who rather walk da walk than talk da talk who wanna make something outta nothing im 21 yr bro got in bodybuilding 8mnths ago i was 160 n today im 192 i need all this ppl to look at me like ima maniac i need this ppl so they could give me extra push keep doing what you doing bro if ppl dont understand fuk it if they do understand fuk it u came alone u wil go alone so before you do leave a mark..
pz

Thats true man, maybe I just need to use all the shit as fuel for the fire to push me harder.

gtice
02-06-09, 11:36 pm
Understand that many people don't "get" what you are doing, they are un-informed, have jaded opinions, or just plainly can't see the pleasure we get from going to the gym and transforming ourselves into something great. I was a chef once, told the girl the same thing, this is my life, and you are second nature, it really didn't work out for the better. If I was you, learn to live and safisfy your own needs and ambitions first before others. There are plenty of women out there who appreciate the dedication and sacrifices your making, I just wish i could find one for myself. Mainly be what you are, hungry, and realize that secretly many are jealous of what you are doing. As long as you are happy with the results what more can you ask for.

xMATT182x
02-07-09, 2:07 am
Understand that many people don't "get" what you are doing, they are un-informed, have jaded opinions, or just plainly can't see the pleasure we get from going to the gym and transforming ourselves into something great. I was a chef once, told the girl the same thing, this is my life, and you are second nature, it really didn't work out for the better. If I was you, learn to live and safisfy your own needs and ambitions first before others. There are plenty of women out there who appreciate the dedication and sacrifices your making, I just wish i could find one for myself. Mainly be what you are, hungry, and realize that secretly many are jealous of what you are doing. As long as you are happy with the results what more can you ask for.

Thanks man, I'll keep bustin my ass and you do the same.

dannynb
02-07-09, 1:25 pm
I might get roasted for this but I have to say guys...life is more than lifting weights. I mean yeah we are passionate about what we do but it's about balance. I used to be like that, throw friends aside and family alike so nothing would get in the way of my lifting and ya know where it got me....alone. Everyone disliking me and when i needed them...they turned away because of how i treated them. I am glad to say I have finally found a balance between my training and competing and my family life. Honesty I love bodybuilding but my family comes first. I am lucky that my kids understand it if I'm not always there for them because I am training or out of town for a show. My fiance...she's understanding that when I'm dieting down for a show, odds are we aren't going out to eat or going to to many parties. Also that when necessary after we put the kids to bed I'm heading of to the gym till midnight sometimes to get my workout in but at the same time I make sure that I make time for my family and friends, even if that means I don't hit the gym until 10 o'clock at nite so be it. Sacrifices are a part of this lifestyle guys...but you have to also realize that there is more to life than bodybuilding. Don't let this lifestyle control you, you control it. Find a happy medium where you can still stay dedicated to this game but at the same time be able to live a life. Yes I am working to one day go pro...but if going pro means losing the ones I love...than to hell with it.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-07-09, 1:35 pm
I might get roasted for this but I have to say guys...life is more than lifting weights. I mean yeah we are passionate about what we do but it's about balance. I used to be like that, throw friends aside and family alike so nothing would get in the way of my lifting and ya know where it got me....alone. Everyone disliking me and when i needed them...they turned away because of how i treated them. I am glad to say I have finally found a balance between my training and competing and my family life. Honesty I love bodybuilding but my family comes first. I am lucky that my kids understand it if I'm not always there for them because I am training or out of town for a show. My fiance...she's understanding that when I'm dieting down for a show, odds are we aren't going out to eat or going to to many parties. Also that when necessary after we put the kids to bed I'm heading of to the gym till midnight sometimes to get my workout in but at the same time I make sure that I make time for my family and friends, even if that means I don't hit the gym until 10 o'clock at nite so be it. Sacrifices are a part of this lifestyle guys...but you have to also realize that there is more to life than bodybuilding. Don't let this lifestyle control you, you control it. Find a happy medium where you can still stay dedicated to this game but at the same time be able to live a life. Yes I am working to one day go pro...but if going pro means losing the ones I love...than to hell with it.
Well said Danny, I still may be youing in this lifestyle, but I've found the most important thing is to keep the love and support from family and friends around you. That's what keeps us grounded, sane, or what have you. Having that support keeps me driven, keeps me honest with myself. My support groupd around me generally know when it's time for me to train, it's time for me to train, plain and simple. They are always there through the rough days and the good days.

Just remember guys, yes we may be hardcore and dedicated to achieve our goals, but don't lose track of what's really important in your life. Family is utmost to me.

Just remember, without love and support, where does that leave us?

xMATT182x
02-11-09, 2:06 am

Well said man and I agree with ya. I've always remember what matters most to me and that is family. At the end of the day I always make time for them because they're what keeps me going.

xMATT182x
02-13-09, 2:52 am
Recently since I posted this thread my life has basicly turned upside down. My girlfriend was ectopicly pregnant (life threatening) which within hours killing her. She had surgery, pulled through but now due to some serious influence of her family, she has decided that she does not know what she wants and has basicly cut me from her life. Talk about a shit storm, could'nt eat, couldn't sleep and that my friends is tough. I preached in ignorance of how I put lifting first in my book. I realize now that It was first when it came to my goals and I now realize which aspects of my life I loved more. Iron is a great deal of my life and it always will be, but sometimes life has to kick you in the balls to make you realize how bad you've really fucked up. I'll pull through and get my shit together because hey, no one said life was fuckin easy. right?

xMindgamex
02-13-09, 7:30 am
thats sucks bro sorry to hear. Im with you about the Iron being in your life,

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

machineman
02-13-09, 7:47 am
I am not young, but am young at this game......I know all to well the juggleing act of getting workouts in and tending to a family....with a wife and 3 kids, I usually don't get to train until after 8pm.....doesn't sound so bad.....but when you get up at 2:30 am, it makes for LONG days and SHORT nights.....but like others have said, and you found out, there MUST be a balance of the iron and the other parts of your life....my wife knows that I am going to workout 3 nights a week.....but I also know that while working 11 or 12 hour shifts, I need to be flexible about when I train.....I may get home and want to go train, but if she needs to run errands and go to the store, I let her.....she makes sacrifices for me and I MUST be willing to do the same.....so I don't workout on Wednesday but I get in and get the work done on Thursday....no biggie.....like I always tell my wife...

Life is what happens when you have other plans.

Hope everything starts looking up for you, bro.....just try to keep a good balance in your life and all will be right with the world.....

xMATT182x
02-13-09, 8:00 am
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.

tatersalad
02-13-09, 8:12 am
Matt, in 43 years I've learned this if nothing else. Life is going to kick you in the balls. period

just remember how you respond when things are great isn't the measure of a man, how you respond when life sucks, is.

You might not be able to change what happens between you and the girl friend, but either way learn from the experience. A lot of shit has happened in my life, and I'm sure more will. The shit that has happened before now, helped make me who I am now and helped prepare me for the shit to come. So think of the shit you go through like you do lifting. You will adapt to it, get stronger, and be ready for more.

The gym is my time, and the iron is my friend. I'm lucky in that my wife is supportive, and has just a busy a schedule as I do, so working out doesn't cause friction.

Stay strong bro,

xMATT182x
02-13-09, 8:48 am
Matt, in 43 years I've learned this if nothing else. Life is going to kick you in the balls. period

just remember how you respond when things are great isn't the measure of a man, how you respond when life sucks, is.

You might not be able to change what happens between you and the girl friend, but either way learn from the experience. A lot of shit has happened in my life, and I'm sure more will. The shit that has happened before now, helped make me who I am now and helped prepare me for the shit to come. So think of the shit you go through like you do lifting. You will adapt to it, get stronger, and be ready for more.

The gym is my time, and the iron is my friend. I'm lucky in that my wife is supportive, and has just a busy a schedule as I do, so working out doesn't cause friction.

Stay strong bro,

Thanks man, I'll keep all this is mind. I appreciate the advice. Take care.

Bristoe
02-16-09, 1:07 pm
1.) Family
2.) Army
3.) Lifting

My wife understands that I have to lift or I am likely to flip nuts over little frustrating shit. But that doesn't mean I am going to push them to the way side just so I can lift. I have a supportive wife, which helps a shit-ton.
A lot of times my soldiers and my job requires my attention more so than "the iron". So I have to take care of that.
About the only thing I can say I really sacrifice so I can work out is sleep. I am dedicated don't get me wrong, it's just like has been said life is about more than just lifting weight. If ya ain't got nobody to share it with (life that is) whats the point? *shrug* Just my 2 cents.

GettinBigInFl
02-16-09, 3:20 pm
Most of my friends understand what im trying to do so they dont say to much. They will sometimes give me crap because i dont drink anytime even during bulking. My fiance supports me she helps make all my meals for the day make sure my paks are in my gym bag, and all the other little things. So I can put all my efforts into being huge.. My family has all been in the sport one way another powerlifting strongman so they support me as well.

tec9
02-16-09, 3:32 pm

True bro theres gotta be balance in everything even if its bodybuilding life is like a rope we walking on if we put pressure on one side we fall gotta stay in middle lol even sex man you fuck too much you loss energy n not to mention thats what we need the most