PDA

View Full Version : A cut diet for a 16 year old?

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 2:44 am
Hey guys, im not really heavy but im been packin on some fat lately. Im trying to bulk up, but all my recent bulks have done nothing but added fat. So im trying to cut so then i can go on a clean bulk next. Any tips or suggestions guys? I would really appriciate it.

tec9
02-06-09, 2:49 am
check out diet forum u will get all your answers

SQUAT or DIE!
02-06-09, 3:23 am
well someones gotta have to ask, whats your diet like, post it up... and add in at least an hr of cardio a week...

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 4:12 am
well someones gotta have to ask, whats your diet like, post it up... and add in at least an hr of cardio a week...

my diet is:
Meal 1
6 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
A banana

Meal 2
Can of tuna
Brown rice
Green peas

Meal 3
2 pieces of chicken
Cup brown rice
Broccoli

Meal 4
Whey/casein protein and oats

Meal 5
Ground beef
Yam

Meal 6
Whey shake with yogurt

I'm taking GNC mens sport pack
And two scoops of creatine a day

Should I change my diet or take more/diff sups?

DreamZero
02-06-09, 4:59 am
screw the cutting supps at 16 bro. just increase your calorie output until you start losing weight... so more cardio, walk/bike to school, etc.

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 5:17 am
screw the cutting supps at 16 bro. just increase your calorie output until you start losing weight... so more cardio, walk/bike to school, etc.

ya I wouldn't take cut supps at my age. I was wondering more along the lines of am I missing any important supps that I would benefit from at my age?

Big Wides
02-06-09, 6:19 am
ya I wouldn't take cut supps at my age. I was wondering more along the lines of am I missing any important supps that I would benefit from at my age?

Your 16, the only thing you should on if anything is a multi and protein. Screw the cutting, keep eating the way you are but throw in cardio PWO. do 25-30 minutes after each weight session, or clean up the calories. But supp wise you dont need anything else and anything more than a multi and protein in my mind is a waste of money

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 7:08 am
Your 16, the only thing you should on if anything is a multi and protein. Screw the cutting, keep eating the way you are but throw in cardio PWO. do 25-30 minutes after each weight session, or clean up the calories. But supp wise you dont need anything else and anything more than a multi and protein in my mind is a waste of money

alright thanks bro.
Any tips on the diet?

Elite
02-06-09, 7:16 am
Diet looks ok bro.
It looks like you need to just focus on burning through the fat, as opposed to starving it off. What's your water intake like? This has a big impact on amongst other things, metabolism. Also, are you reg munching on sweets or any other stuff? Because this is a clean diet. Coupled with a guy your age hitting the gym, I'm lost as to where the excess fat gain has come?

NJC_Manhattan
02-06-09, 11:31 am
That diet looks pretty solid to me. At 16 you shouldnt be worried about a cut. Just up your cardio time. Keep your heart rate at about 127-130 for 45 mins after you lift. That should show some results.

C.Coronato
02-06-09, 11:34 am
Ya diet looks good brotha. Just keep pushing thru. A bulk diet like that shouldnt put fat on you.

fenix237
02-06-09, 12:01 pm
hey bro, how heavy are you? how many pounds overweight? how many calories are you taking in? bodyfat%? the answers to these questions will help a lot

you have to remember, even if you're eating clean, too many clories will be stored as bodyfat. maybe cut down on the whole eggs, and make sure your chicken and beef are lean cuts, especially the ground beef

CyberTech
02-06-09, 12:08 pm

I don't see the diet as being the problem. Along with the diet is "The Work Out". Perhaps that is where the adjustments need to be made?

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 2:36 pm
Diet looks ok bro.
It looks like you need to just focus on burning through the fat, as opposed to starving it off. What's your water intake like? This has a big impact on amongst other things, metabolism. Also, are you reg munching on sweets or any other stuff? Because this is a clean diet. Coupled with a guy your age hitting the gym, I'm lost as to where the excess fat gain has come?

well I usually drink about a gallon and a half every day
Well the diet I put up is one I started about a week ago
Before I never stuck with 6 meals it would change daily, so I think that may have been my problem.

Should I eat cheat meals or just clean?

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 2:40 pm
hey bro, how heavy are you? how many pounds overweight? how many calories are you taking in? bodyfat%? the answers to these questions will help a lot

you have to remember, even if you're eating clean, too many clories will be stored as bodyfat. maybe cut down on the whole eggs, and make sure your chicken and beef are lean cuts, especially the ground beef

well weight wise I'm not over weight, I'm on the skinny side but it's like a skinny fat( imagine lean but with a gut) I don't wanna be anorexic or anything screw that. I just wanna lose the fat so I can put on some good mass without worrying about it later.

I'm at 14% bodyfat

DanTheMan
02-06-09, 2:44 pm
no need for cheat meals if you're already worried that your gaining fat with your diet already

hawaiiboy
02-06-09, 2:46 pm
no need for cheat meals if you're already worried that your gaining fat with your diet already

thanks guys for all the feedback. It really helps

fenix237
02-06-09, 3:21 pm
stick to the diet you posted, or something similar, drink your water, bust your ass lifting and you're good to go! to repeat what was already said, don't go crazy with supplements. quality protein powder and a good multi (the Pak naturally!) are your staples. in time, as you progress, you can decide what too add

RastaBoy
02-07-09, 5:36 am
Don't neglect good healthy fat in your diet. I see so many people posting diets up and they have a solid foundation but lack good healthy fat. I don't wanna see anyone pissing in the wind with their diets. Drop some carbs and add in some healthy fats from almonds, olive oil, palm oil ect.

Take into account you might be one of many out there that is naturally more carb sensitve, I am one as well. I used to bulk with massive amounts of carbs and protein but no good fats. I got fat as fuck, granted I did put on muscle.

I now,even in the off-season follow a carb cycling diet, with high protein, moderate to high fat, low carbs. The gains are much cleaner and you don't have to diet down, when you could be progressively making gains. Fat will come when you eat excess, you job is to try and minimize it. I'm not saying this is the right way, just something that worked for me.

Also, I can't stress this enough man, Let your diet take the fat off you, only use cardio to compliment your diet in burning fat, Other wise your going to be staring Muscle loss in the fuckin face, And that IS scary.

Hope I helped, or at least made ya think. Peace

hawaiiboy
02-07-09, 6:49 am
Don't neglect good healthy fat in your diet. I see so many people posting diets up and they have a solid foundation but lack good healthy fat. I don't wanna see anyone pissing in the wind with their diets. Drop some carbs and add in some healthy fats from almonds, olive oil, palm oil ect.

Take into account you might be one of many out there that is naturally more carb sensitve, I am one as well. I used to bulk with massive amounts of carbs and protein but no good fats. I got fat as fuck, granted I did put on muscle.

I now,even in the off-season follow a carb cycling diet, with high protein, moderate to high fat, low carbs. The gains are much cleaner and you don't have to diet down, when you could be progressively making gains. Fat will come when you eat excess, you job is to try and minimize it. I'm not saying this is the right way, just something that worked for me.

Also, I can't stress this enough man, Let your diet take the fat off you, only use cardio to compliment your diet in burning fat, Other wise your going to be staring Muscle loss in the fuckin face, And that IS scary.

Hope I helped, or at least made ya think. Peace

ya thanks man
i try to get things like peanut butter in or almond butter and nuts and maybe an avocado every once and awhile
the reason i wasn't sure why i was gaining fat was because i always do cardio
i sprint ALOT and run fairly frequently
it may have something to do simply with genetics, because i noticed that i also have an abnormally large stomach even without the fat

RastaBoy
02-07-09, 10:31 am
Do you get protein in "every once in a while"? No, Don't minimize other macro nutrients use them all to their fullest. You said you sprint alot yet are still gaining fat, which means you are drastically overshooting your calorie needs. If you sprint as much as you say, you need alot less food. Let your diet do the work, to put it short, Less cardio needed the better.

hawaiiboy
02-11-09, 12:25 am
Do you get protein in "every once in a while"? No, Don't minimize other macro nutrients use them all to their fullest. You said you sprint alot yet are still gaining fat, which means you are drastically overshooting your calorie needs. If you sprint as much as you say, you need alot less food. Let your diet do the work, to put it short, Less cardio needed the better.

alright thanks man.
would an avocado be good fat? or would peanut butter be better?

C.Coronato
02-11-09, 10:14 am
Go with the Natural PB brother. Tastes better and is easier to add to things.

Brute Strength
02-11-09, 10:49 am
im turning 17 in march and i used to really care about where my abs are and what chicks will think,
we are in highschool, of course we want to look ripped
but put all that aside and just get big bro
pack on the size then when you hit senior year think about slicing a bit of the fat off
all their advice above me is perfect
and the supps just drop, eat good, up the cardio after workouts and play a sport(i suggest rugby) thats the sport i will always stick by, and later on down the road make the cutting decision
jus thought another guy around your age could throw in some input
later

hawaiiboy
02-11-09, 3:07 pm
im turning 17 in march and i used to really care about where my abs are and what chicks will think,
we are in highschool, of course we want to look ripped
but put all that aside and just get big bro
pack on the size then when you hit senior year think about slicing a bit of the fat off
all their advice above me is perfect
and the supps just drop, eat good, up the cardio after workouts and play a sport(i suggest rugby) thats the sport i will always stick by, and later on down the road make the cutting decision
jus thought another guy around your age could throw in some input
later

thanks man, that's funny you mentioned rugby cuz I'm probably gonna start playing in a few weeks