PDA

View Full Version : Delt Help....

EBO13
02-07-09, 4:37 pm
i cant seem to get my delts to grow like my other body parts. i started this routine about 4 weeks ago and i dont know if it is workin(im not seeing any change)... i have always had strong shoulders and i use strict form but i cant seem to get the cannon balls to stick out... this is my current shoulder routine...

military press(smith machine)-warmup set, 12,10,8,8, light burnout set
reverse peckdeck- 15,12,10,10
bent side raises-12,10,10,8
front raises-10,10,10

and on the smith machine the last burnout set i usually go behind the neck... but not going past the middle of my head(i heard it was bad for the joints) but the sets before that i go down just below my chin and i use a wide grip like on bench...ive been doing that for about 4 weeks and my previous workout was with dbs so i decided to change it... what else can i do to make them grow?

williams_888
02-07-09, 4:44 pm
try throwing in upright rows.. i would add something else aswell for post-delt. bent over reverse flys maybe. and i would do military press with BB instead of smith.

and i would suggest going to lower your reps, last set aim for 6/failure

AFTazz06
02-07-09, 6:04 pm
Dips always give my delts a good beating, do you have a sid lat machine? thats an awesome piece of equipment to really isolate the delts and do one arm at a time, always gives me a great pump.

Variable
02-07-09, 6:17 pm
I agree with the upright rows suggestion, i actually prefer dumbells using straps for better isolation. I find that the right does more work than the left if i use a barbell.

also you can barbell raises to the front, but postion your hands far enough apart so that your upper arms are at about 45 degrees. this will hit your side delts at a new angle. try starting using cables and a lat pulldown bar.

you can also do typical lateral raises but have your palms face front instead of down to work your front delts from a new angle.

here2learn
02-07-09, 6:37 pm
BB military works for me with BB upright rows it should hit them hard

shizz702
02-07-09, 7:05 pm
Work on the standing barbell press (with free weights, not the smith), get strong on that and your shoulder problems will be no more.

BryanSmash!
02-07-09, 7:48 pm
Work on the standing barbell press (with free weights, not the smith), get strong on that and your shoulder problems will be no more.

x2

trainer89
02-07-09, 8:26 pm
If you havent done these in a while then maybe you should try some cable side,front, and rear raises.