PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dream or a fantasy?

wordsstartwars
02-07-09, 8:44 pm
I was the kid in High School that was picked on, yeah...I was the fat kid, the one that everyone hated but nobody knew why. Kids on a daily basis told me to kill myself and that I would never amount to anything. The girls wouldn't give me the time of day to say hi. Many days I dragged my ass home from school and just wanted to lay in my bed until my body ate itself away; And then I was introduced to the world of Iron. I can honestly say that the guys who write the articles here at Animal probably saved my life. I couldn't get enough of reading the articles here, everyday I learned more and more about what I should and shouldn't be doing in my daily life. I quickly learned to say fuck the haters. I lifted hard and dieted harder and pretty soon I saw results. But I wasn't content with just that. Once I saw the first shread of fat fall of my body, I wanted more and more. I couldn't fucking get enough. Pretty soon I learned to stand up for myself and to fight back. I learned that nobody in this world except the man who stares back at you in the mirror and the guy upstairs has the right to judge you. Pretty soon my drive in the weight room carried over into my drive in the octagon and I started fighting. I found my passion, and to feed it I mopped mats and cleaned bathrooms because I couldn't afford gym dues. Everyday I came home more hurt and sore than the day before but I fucking loved it. And then one day I read the article about scratching your itch and I realized, that thanks to you guys I'd found my fucking itch and I was damn sure gonna scratch it until it was red, bloody and raw. I owe alot to you guys, and here is where I'm gonna start documenting my progress so I can keep track of it all.

wordsstartwars
02-07-09, 8:55 pm
-Started the day at 5:30AM with a nice 4 mile run with a 20 lb vest, followed by a protein shake and the rest of my post workout supplements.

-Went and did that whole girlfriend thing and listened to her bitching about whatever it is she felt like bitching about.

-6:00PM: Back to the gym

Today was leg day, who doesn't love that shit?

Started out with some simple leg presses (5 sets), then moved into isolated leg presses (3 sets), then moved over to do some leg curls (3 sets) and finished up with 3 sets of calf raises.

Weight: 245.3

freak-a-boo!!
02-08-09, 8:03 am
Hey bro u didn't mention free barbell squats !! Did u forget to mention them or u don't Do them ? If u don't do them then u r missing out on something very beneficial like indirectly training ur abs. Just make sure u learn the exercise correctly before attempting it

wordsstartwars
02-08-09, 12:45 pm
Great point man, I'll throw them into my next workout.

wordsstartwars
02-08-09, 4:19 pm
2/8/08 - Part One

Sundays are particularly hard for me. For normal people they are a day of rest, for me they are hell. The alarm goes off at 4:00, god damn do I hate that alarm. I roll out of bed and get dressed, shorts, long johns and my animal beanie. I start sundays with a 5K snorkle run. The snorkle simulates what it's like to have to breathe during a fight due to the mouth peice. I embrass the cold as I walk out the door and begin my jog. I get about 1.5 miles into my jog and it starts to hurt real bad. I realize that I'd just crushed my legs yesterday and think to myself "maybe I should walk a little bit" and then I realize that I've got a fight in less than a month and still have about 30 lbs to cut. I push hard and get myself through the hill, down the slope and jog for a little bit longer and then I run into the familiar embrass of the hill I have so intimately nicknamed Agony. I push even harder than before, Slipknot blaring in my ears. I finish the hill and make my way back home. I make my shake, check my weight and make my shake. Chug it down, take some more supplements and lay on the couch for a little while before it's time to go do some ju-jitsu. There's that alarm again, I always leave about an hour early for my ju-jitsu workouts because they're an hour away from where I live and I'm never sure if my car's gonna start. Old faithful gets me there, just like she always does (knock on wood). I struggle through my workout, taking some knees to the ribs and a couple brutal elbows to the face (one that cought just below the eye and busted it open to the point I couldn't see).

Time for the AM weight check:

Fantastic, right on target. I need to be 240.0 by the end of the night to be on pace with my strength and conditioning coaches goals (and in order for me to make weight).

I'll post the results of my chest workout and PM cardio workout as well as my weight and if I made it or not, later tonight.

REVENGEISEASY
02-08-09, 5:52 pm
subbed dude i like it already

wordsstartwars
02-08-09, 8:18 pm
2/8/08 - Part Two

Remember how I told you how much I hated that alarm? Well, it came back and BOOM! Ground and Pound and striking time. I go through the first 5 minutes just punches, second 5 minutes just kicks and knees and the final 5 minutes on my feet a combination of both. Take a 2 minute breather and clean the blood off of my knuckles, gloves back on, now it's ground and pound time. I drop the heavy bag down to the ground and get into full mount, first 5 minutes just punches and elbows, second 5 minutes I get into the side mount and drop elbows, and hammer punches, 3rd 5 minutes is simply right knees to the ribs and abdominals, 4th is with the left and the 5th is what we call the bronco buster for 10 minutes where I start in the full mount and reign down on the bag with lefts and rights and elbows while my coach pulls at me to simuate the guy on the bottom moving, then he yells "JUMP!" and I jump to a right side mount and reign down with knees and elbows and hammers, JUMP! same thing on the other side. This continues for 10 minutes. After this I'm completely drenched in sweat and my knuckles are so bloodied that its running over the gloves. I get a 5 minute break after this before I start the 3rd and final circuit. I lay on the ground while the heavy bag is placed on top of me. I then posture up and punch the bag as if I were punching someone on top of me, then on my coaches whistle for me to explode and flip the bag over so I'm on top and reign down with whatever I feel until they say to stop. I finish the drill after running through 10 reps of this.

Now it's time for the gym. I get in my car and change my shirt and drive to the local REC center, feeling that everyone is watching me, but who gives a fuck. Let them watch. I start my chest day with some nice laying dumbell presses (80, 85, 90) then move over to the lateral incline machine and do three more sets, over to the cable machine for some cable cross overs (3 sets) and then finally over to the flat bench to finish up with some nice heavy bench sets (280, 300 and max out with a set of 320). The pump in my chest was fantastic.

Now onto the final part of the workout, I quickly change out of my gym shorts and into my swim trunks and go to the pool. Going down the stairs was a BITCH! Gotta love leg day. I swim 10 laps and then Sauna for 10 minutes.

And then finally, the moment we've all been waiting for:

Did I meet my goal?

Yes I did. 240.0

BB
02-09-09, 9:13 pm
thats one hell of a hard schedule your working there bro, keep up the great work and you will see the rewards im sure.

Psycho77
02-09-09, 9:22 pm
Holy hell. Liking the intensity in your journey bro. Subbed for sure!

wordsstartwars
04-16-09, 1:25 am
Its been a long time since I've posted in the suck and heres the reason I feel I owe you all:

A day after my last training log I was jumped while leaving a bar downtown because I defended a young woman fighting with her boyfriend (i'm guessing). As he went to hit her I shoved him into the brick exterior of the bar. His friends then jumped in when he couldnt take me alone, landing several cheap shots to my ribs when I was down. The carnage was as follows: I cracked 3 ribs and severely sprained my ankle making training impossible. I laid in bed waiting for the ankle and ribs to heal as well.

Monday my teams trainer cleared me and today was my first official day back. I still have a fight May 21st but I have ALOT of training to do.

Because I was laid up, no matter how hard i dieted I still gained a good amount of weight back. At the start of my Journey (again) I was 260, at present I am currently 248.2, I need to be 220 by May 15th, and 215 or less by May 20th.

AM Weight: 251.3

AM Workout:

4:00AM the alarm went off. This time around I don't dread it as much because I missed the iron. I missed the mats. Believe it or not I missed the fight I committed myself to so long ago. I jog my way to the gym dressed in 3 layers of clothing, with little strain on any of the injuries, thank god. Back day. Not such an easy workout. I start with 4 sets of light bent over barbell rows. Then to the pullup bar for 4 sets of 10. Next up was dumbell rows, 4x10. Finished up with 3 sets of lat pulldowns and some nice heavy shrugs.

Mid-Day workout:

I get off of work, god damn do I hate that job. It's ju-jitsu time. The real test of how well I've healed. Some light boxing and a little grappling end and all is well. Sparring time. I square up with my opponent and catch him in the side of the head with a kick and he falls. Wow, I'm healed well I'm thinking. Next round I go for a punch, exposing my damaged ribs (which are taped, mind you) and catch a nice firm snap kick directly to them. I go down like a sack of mother fucking potatoes. I push through and finish the rest of the session.

PM workout:

Cardio. God how I hate cardio. I head over to the track in my sauna suit with 2 layers of clothes on top to meet my conditioning coach and he's waiting for me. We start with a 1 mile warmup. Not so bad. Next is 400M sprints x 8 reps. I'm feeling the burn. Another 1 mile jog and I'm drenched in sweat. 200M sprints are next. 4 reps later we're back to the 1 mile jog. Breathing gets hard as I near the end. 1 more mile jog and we're down to our last set of sprints. 100Mx4 reps. These burn an intense amount, both in the ribs and in the legs.
We then jog over to the local rec center and it's sauna time. 25 minutes later I immerge from the sauna looking like I just came out of the shower.

Time to get on the scale.

248.1, not bad, not bad at all.

More to come tomo. God it feels good to be back in the suck. For those out there who hate it, try being laid up for months then if you still don't miss it...take up bowling.

machineman
04-16-09, 5:08 am
good luck on your fight and your quest to cut weight.....subbed for sure!

BryanSmash!
04-16-09, 1:12 pm
subbed as well.