PDA

View Full Version : Meet Nerves

Little Houghton
02-08-09, 1:30 pm
So yesterday for the second meet in a row, i spent the majority of my time in the shitter because my nerves were shot, and i couldn't eat anything or else it was comin right out. Does anybody else have this problem, and if so, what should I do?

IRBS
02-08-09, 1:52 pm
I dont eat much meet day. I drink a big shake in the morning and just try to get a PB&J or 2 down, but for the most part I dont eat much and it doesnt give me much trouble. Focus on eating the day before.

Other than that, you just need to not get so nervous...its just lifting weights!

MonTanaMusCle
02-08-09, 4:17 pm
How many meets have you been in ??? I had the same problem for the first few meets, but then after I was in a couple the nervousness went away. You could always try some pepto or tums to help settle your stomach. As mentioned before try eating light the day of the meet. Hope this helps

Little Houghton
02-08-09, 4:28 pm
This was my 5th meet, but its only happened the last 2...and yea i wasn't trying to eat super heavy or anything, just chicken breasts i had cooked and peanut butter and stuff, but i was running to the bathroom by the time i had the last bite down yesterday, and the last time i would just throw it up about 5 minutes later.

eric downey
02-08-09, 4:31 pm
it happens to alot of guys bro just try and relax. its just a meet.