PDA

View Full Version : gettin fat?

andrewT
02-09-09, 5:29 pm
whats up guys

Just wondering if you guys ever get the comments during a bulk that "your getting fat"

This morning my mom told me all my clothes look like they don't fit me anymore, and how I should get a second job to pay for all the food I eat. I know I have gained a little fat, but only in my gut. I gotta work on it though. My mother is also overweight and she says that she doesn't want me to gain weight and bulk up because it will be hard to lose it. my waist is like a 36 inch waist sometims 38 depending on how bloated I am ( i know its pretty big)

I tried to explain it to her, if it was someone else I wouldn't care but its my mom and I don't want her thinking I am unhealthy when I am probably the healthiest in my family! My twin brother (who is a twig) and my dad also always tease me saying I have a spare tire.

I better start the morning cardio...any you guys get the same thing

C.Coronato
02-09-09, 5:31 pm
A bulk diet should never get a comment of being fat. Yes of course you gain weight, but only in your stomach is not exactly what your looking for. What does your diet look like now?

BubbyLight
02-09-09, 5:33 pm
i got the same thing from my mom...what i told her....this isnt the final product. yea im a lil bigger in the waist. but my abs are much stronger...and once summer comes and everyone has to lose their gut for the pool or the beach. if u dont like u gut. just put the shirt on that says "tickets to the gun show". bc hopefully you whole body is growing mass not just there

andrewT
02-09-09, 5:36 pm
Yes my whole body is growing. she does not say I am fat, but she says "your stomach is growing with everything else!"

I told her its mainly carb bloat and water and she says "you sound like a girl now talking about carbs" lol. I have never seen my abs once in my life, I have never been that cut. Is that a bad thing?

also, if you guys don't mind what are your waist sizes and do you guys do cardio on a bulk and how often?

sodapop
02-09-09, 5:43 pm
Yes my whole body is growing. she does not say I am fat, but she says "your stomach is growing with everything else!"

I told her its mainly carb bloat and water and she says "you sound like a girl now talking about carbs" lol. I have never seen my abs once in my life, I have never been that cut. Is that a bad thing?

also, if you guys don't mind what are your waist sizes and do you guys do cardio on a bulk and how often?

I come from the opposite end of the spectrum man. I'm a skinny bastard, and have always had visible abs. At the beginning of my bulk, I was sitting at about 108 pounds at 5'7''. I'm now weighing in at about 121-122, and my abs are getting more faint. They'll probably be gone soon enough. BUT, I won't let that get me down, as long as I'm gaining mass. And you shouldn't either!

As long as you're gaining mass all over, don't worry about the fat 'till it comes time to cut (assuming it's not out of control, which it doesn't sound like it is). People will say what they will, but YOU know what's what.

andrewT
02-09-09, 5:49 pm
Good luck on your bulk sodapop, it must be harder for thinner guys like you to bulk up!

I don't mind the fact that I don't have abs, never have really. But I always see these signs in my kinesiology classes that say " your wasitline is a visible measurement of your cardiovascular health". My mom doesn't want me to become overweight like her and some of her family (health problems, another story..)

This is my first time really doin this, so I know it ain't out of control, or even bad, I just gotta keep following my path and see what happens!

AFTazz06
02-09-09, 5:51 pm
whats up guys

Just wondering if you guys ever get the comments during a bulk that "your getting fat"

This morning my mom told me all my clothes look like they don't fit me anymore, and how I should get a second job to pay for all the food I eat. I know I have gained a little fat, but only in my gut. I gotta work on it though. My mother is also overweight and she says that she doesn't want me to gain weight and bulk up because it will be hard to lose it. my waist is like a 36 inch waist sometims 38 depending on how bloated I am ( i know its pretty big)

I tried to explain it to her, if it was someone else I wouldn't care but its my mom and I don't want her thinking I am unhealthy when I am probably the healthiest in my family! My twin brother (who is a twig) and my dad also always tease me saying I have a spare tire.

I better start the morning cardio...any you guys get the same thing

Post your diet so we can see what needs to be changed. Alot of people confuse "Bulk" with eat everything in site, yes its true that when on a "Bulk" you are suppose to eat more food then on a cut, but you should be overeating clean foods. Perhaps your having too many cheat meals, or your too carb sensitive. I know about being carb sensitive because bread (no matter what kind, wheat, white, light wheat, etc) goes right to my gut. I can honestly see my gut bloat the next day after eating bread the previous day. So what i did is completely get rid of it on my diet and replaced it with Brown rice, and pasta, and it took care of my bloated look. Now i'm gaining size where i want it, yes your waist will grow when your eating more food its just the way the body works, but maybe you need to tweak your diet a bit and cut back on something thats obviously only getting you fat.

andrewT
02-09-09, 5:57 pm
dont want to get too into detail since this aint the diet section

5 whole eggs omelette with green peppers, tomatoes, real cheddar, mushrooms and 1 1/2 cups plain oats (they are soooo blah!), 2-3 cups skim milk

NPB and J sandwich on whole wheat, 2 cups skim milk

Usually for lunch a meat dish, roast or some chicken with sweet potatoes or white rice. My mom buys the rice and noone will eat brown!

maybe some mixed nuts, a chicken salad depending on hunger levels

dinner will usually be like lunch or sometimes pasta

Before bed I eat as much cottage cheese as I can stomach (usually about 6-7 heaping tbsp) 1tbsp NPB and 3 cups milk with 35g whey.

It varies slightly on most days. I know carbs bloat me, but water does a good job of that as well. I also take 4 unilivers with each meal and pak at bfast and omega 3s too! I try to eat every 2-3 hours, but some days I gotta force it down, and others I wanna eat every 1 hour. What should I do on those days where I wanna eat every hour? eat or wait till my next meal?

sodapop
02-09-09, 7:32 pm
dont want to get too into detail since this aint the diet section

5 whole eggs omelette with green peppers, tomatoes, real cheddar, mushrooms and 1 1/2 cups plain oats (they are soooo blah!), 2-3 cups skim milk

NPB and J sandwich on whole wheat, 2 cups skim milk

Usually for lunch a meat dish, roast or some chicken with sweet potatoes or white rice. My mom buys the rice and noone will eat brown!

maybe some mixed nuts, a chicken salad depending on hunger levels

dinner will usually be like lunch or sometimes pasta

Before bed I eat as much cottage cheese as I can stomach (usually about 6-7 heaping tbsp) 1tbsp NPB and 3 cups milk with 35g whey.

It varies slightly on most days. I know carbs bloat me, but water does a good job of that as well. I also take 4 unilivers with each meal and pak at bfast and omega 3s too! I try to eat every 2-3 hours, but some days I gotta force it down, and others I wanna eat every 1 hour. What should I do on those days where I wanna eat every hour? eat or wait till my next meal?

Your diet looks good, man. To answer your question, if you're hungry, eat, in my opinion. Just keep it clean to keep your BF low, and you'll be fine.

andrewT
02-09-09, 9:27 pm
Today I been starving

tommorow, who knows...maybe I wont want to eat a fucking thing!

btw how many of you guys do cardio on a bulk?

sodapop
02-09-09, 9:56 pm
Today I been starving

I, personally, do not, because I'm too much of a hardgainer to do so. But, in terms of health, it would be a good idea to get some cardio in, especially if you want to minimalize fat gain. Just my 2 cents.

MELTDOWN
02-09-09, 10:05 pm
Today I been starving

i cardio every other day on a bulking food and training schedule. my thought is that i need my heart and system to grow stronger and be able to adapt and support the added pounds i'm gaining , plus help move the extra weight needed to grow in the gym.

stumblin54
02-09-09, 10:34 pm

When I'm lean my waist is a 30, offseason the most it ever gets to is a 33, and that's probably weighing in at a bit more than you do. If you're gaining a lot of fat in your waist chances are you're doing something wrong. At the same time though, if the rest of you is growing as well then you're fine, just up your cardio. Three times per week with moderate intensity at 30 minute intervals should do the trick.

Stumblin

DreamZero
02-10-09, 12:26 pm
at the end of my last bulk, around 210lbs, i had comments about skinfolds behind my skull and on my neck.. and 4 monthes later, stage condition at 183lbs, it was all gone. gaining a some fat during a bulk is normal, don't freak out about it.. just keep your eyes on the prize and stay away from the trash food that can pack you bad quality weight. eat big, eat clean, eat often.

RastaBoy
02-10-09, 12:47 pm
I'm dieted down pretty lean for me at least. I weigh 171 pounds my waist is around 29-30" Depending on time of day, water,bloat ect.

I hear ya on the comments though, when your dieting, girls are the best for just murdering yourself esteem "heehehe OMG are you losing weight?!" or the famed "Wow your getting skinnier!"

Everytime I hear that I swear to god I wanna eat 10 fuckin steaks and 15 sweet potatoes. But you gotta understand, Clothes hide ALOT you can be 15% look like your in good shape or be 3% contest condition and you look like a fit but slimmer person. But the bullshit stops when the clothes come off.

I always use the general rule of not getting uncomfortable with myself. Theres off-season and then theres fat. And depending on the person they are one in the same.

Fuck what the world thinks, and fuck what people on a forum say (no offense guys). You gotta do you bro. If your comfortable where your at or would be comfortable gaining a little more, keep it clean but do it up bro.

Do it now while its cold out. Then when spring summer rolls around, diet down and knock them hunnies out cold haha.

Peace bro.