PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so even though you are a beast

B-rad89
02-10-09, 9:00 pm
and can bench 400+ or squat 500+ with ease... what are some things life that you still actually have trouble with. (i.e. opening a jar) (not necessarily things that small) you get the idea.

never_2_big
02-10-09, 9:55 pm
scratching my back... hahaha

Gambit
02-10-09, 10:06 pm
Sleeping on my side. I wake up in the middle of the night with my whole arm (either one) numb from the shoulder down. It's a bitch.

Big3
02-10-09, 10:40 pm
I can't fall asleep wihout my red pillow right by my side.

sodapop
02-10-09, 11:00 pm
I have a terrible short-term memory. Though, I think it's really only with things I don't want to remember, cause I mainly forget to do my homework. :(

MELTDOWN
02-10-09, 11:12 pm
Sleeping on my side. I wake up in the middle of the night with my whole arm (either one) numb from the shoulder down. It's a bitch.

too true. tried pillows and such, but to no remedy. just flip and flop all night.

rocky36
02-10-09, 11:44 pm
not only do i have trouble sleeping on my side but i cant sleep on my stomach at all my arms can never get in a comfortable postion, i still sleep on my side i just deal with the numbness when i wake up lol

Psycho77
02-10-09, 11:52 pm
scratching my back.

sleeping on my side = numb arms

finding clothes that fit

getting my blood pressure checked

fixing my car, can't seem to get into those tight places in the engine bay anymore

B-rad89
02-10-09, 11:56 pm
fixing my car, can't seem to get into those tight places in the engine bay anymore

thats what i am most afraid of. haha

Cstlfx
02-11-09, 1:11 am

I hear ya on that one. I tried to change my oil the other day and realized I could no longer get under my vehicle.

Leroy0053
02-11-09, 5:45 am
sleeping without a cold pillow.....also i saw someone post about having numb arms...i have woken up numerous times and have been asleep on my arms, you know my head on them..and couldnt feel them at all....usually just one of em...some scary shit when you cant feel your whole arm from your elbow down....this is a pretty funny thread though.....

xMATT182x
02-11-09, 5:56 am
I wouldn't classify myself as a beast yet but its a bitch to put on any type of pullover sweat shirt thats not 2 sizes to big and i've ended cutting half my shirts into v-necks because my neck keeps getting bigger.

McFly
02-11-09, 8:41 am
Putting shoes and socks on!

IRBS
02-11-09, 8:47 am
scratching my back... hahaha

Yup

Yup

Yup...my wife comes and pushes me over when I am trying to put my socks on....I just roll back like a turtle...

BamBam
02-11-09, 9:08 am
You guys basically covered them all but sleeping on my side is the main one..

McFly
02-11-09, 9:16 am
hmmm I guess I'm not big enought yet...I don't have any problems sleeping other then snoring a bit any time i'm over 250.....

LMAO

BamBam
02-11-09, 9:25 am
I dunno if it has to do with size ( I would say so in SOME cases ) but I have always either slept on my stomach or back... I have trouble sleping in any other position...gets me outta my groove.

arsilva
02-11-09, 11:26 am
i forget peoples' names the moment after they're introduced to me. literally.

i'm not freakishly huge yet so i don't have any of the physical issues yet..besides not fitting into Hollister shirts because they're made for narrow ass shoulders.

Aggression
02-11-09, 11:32 am
i forget peoples' names the moment after they're introduced to me. literally.

i'm not freakishly huge yet so i don't have any of the physical issues yet..besides not fitting into Hollister shirts because they're made for narrow ass shoulders.

Agreed with the first one. I always think about what I'll say next instead of listening to them say their name. It's awful.

GODSEY
02-11-09, 11:58 am
Im no where close to a beast...but sleepin on my side is starting to be a bitch, I cant figure out what to do with my arms and then they go numb, sucks. Plus my wife likes to sleep on my chest and my arm goes numb there to...lol. Kinda getting tired of my thighs rubbing together, it can suck sometimes.
I cant check my vmail...it makes me stressed. I make my wife do it...

Universal Rep
02-11-09, 11:59 am

Yeah, I got this as well. When I'm at my biggest, this problem is the worst.

Mr. Dead
02-11-09, 12:03 pm

sleeping on my side = numb arms

Yeah, I got this as well. When I'm at my biggest, this problem is the worst.

Looks like I'm in good company... Just started happening, recently...

Brick By Brick
02-11-09, 1:49 pm
I can sleep on my side, but my snoring is worse than ever, according to my husband.

Cellerator65
02-11-09, 2:31 pm
sleeping on my stomach hurts my lower back.

i have a hard time putting my seat belt on, stretching my arm across my whole body is just way uncomfortable.

playing soccer now is very hard

prowrestler
02-11-09, 2:31 pm
simple math

brandonA
02-11-09, 2:44 pm
having to turn sideways to walk thru some narrow doors...like the one going in to my bathroom....Thankfully my front to back width is less than my side to side width...

finding pants that fit right...

putting on my socks and shoes...crossing my legs at all pretty much...

my favorite is getting anything out of the back of the cabinet under the sink...I have to get on my hands and knees....

-B

B-rad89
02-11-09, 8:28 pm
So many of us with this numbness problem when sleeping. I did some research on it, idk if you guys have but;

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome could be the case
Nerve compression from the way our neck is when we sleep or how we/where we sleep on our arms
Cervical... so maybe get an x-ray to see if thats it.
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome... its like stress from hyperextrension of the neck, so stretch the neck

this is what i have found.

Carpe Diem P.T
02-12-09, 4:40 am
putting my seat belt on in the car. cant reach across myself.

I have weak fingers. i struggle to loosen screws and shit like that.

Thrawn
02-12-09, 5:06 am
Yup...my wife comes and pushes me over when I am trying to put my socks on....I just roll back like a turtle...

ROFL @ that one =))

I suffer from all the things mentioned: cant sleep on side, snore more, cant put my shoes and socks on anymore.

I also have very small, kinda weak hands. I have no trouble handling 175kg deads or 200kg rackpulls bare handed, but in 'every day life' my hands do not appear to handle much.

Psycho77
02-12-09, 6:02 am
i have a hard time putting my seat belt on, stretching my arm across my whole body is just way uncomfortable.

finding pants that fit right...

putting on my socks and shoes...crossing my legs at all pretty much...

my favorite is getting anything out of the back of the cabinet under the sink...I have to get on my hands and knees....
-B

Have these as well. Have to add, buying watches, was told they have to special order extensions for the strap to make it fit.

So many of us with this numbness problem when sleeping. I did some research on it, idk if you guys have but;

Nerve compression from the way our neck is when we sleep or how we/where we sleep on our arms
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome... its like stress from hyperextrension of the neck, so stretch the neck

mine is more like lack of blood flow from the crush, nice info tho, thanks for sharing.

smith06
02-12-09, 11:04 am
Running.

Scratching my back.

Walking and whistling with my hands behind my back.

Fury317
02-12-09, 11:31 am
scratching my back. I was at work the other day, eating a meal, and all the sudden I turn to one of our PT's and shouted "give me that pen, hurry up!" he tossed it over and I went to town on the middle of my back haha

I gave it back to him, while he was laughing he managed to get out "Jesus you're like a bear, do you usually scratch your back on trees"

dannynb
02-12-09, 7:56 pm

Also putting on pants, shorts, underwear...etc. THe beniding over and getting my feet in and than pulling them up...couple of times I have damn near fell over but other than that the putting the shoes on takes the cake for me.

Big C
02-12-09, 8:00 pm
Bending over to tie my shoes and shaving the hair off my back. That is almost impossible so I lather it up and have someone else do it for me....what else am I supposed to do, lol?

Giant Killer
02-12-09, 8:07 pm
The arms going numb thing is the worst.

Some great inventor or engineer needs to figure that out for us.

Gambit
02-12-09, 8:10 pm
Oh yeah, I almost forgot one.

Your massive caloric intake has turned your body into a toxic gas factory. Shit can get pretty nasty.

B-rad89
02-12-09, 9:37 pm
The arms going numb thing is the worst.

Some great inventor or engineer needs to figure that out for us.

below

Oh yeah, I almost forgot one.

Your massive caloric intake has turned your body into a toxic gas factory. Shit can get pretty nasty.

Na that is a great thing in my opinion. People that stand to close in the gym get away. Was in there the other day and while doing skull crushers some guy was standing almost directly in front of me... like no more than a foot away. I ripped a silent one and he moved a few feet. All he was doing was db curls in front of where he picked them up. lol

Young&Hungry
02-12-09, 10:35 pm
Breaking stuff all the time without meaning to. Yesterday I was walking up a flight of stairs and felt myself slipping for a sec and I was texting, so reflexively I clenched my fist a little and BAM, phone's broken and I'm $250 in the hole. I'm notorious for breaking plastic forks and knives on a daily basis cutting chicken breast at lunch.

Psycho77
02-12-09, 11:09 pm
Breaking stuff all the time without meaning to. Yesterday I was walking up a flight of stairs and felt myself slipping for a sec and I was texting, so reflexively I clenched my fist a little and BAM, phone's broken and I'm $250 in the hole. I'm notorious for breaking plastic forks and knives on a daily basis cutting chicken breast at lunch.

haha, on the subject of breaking things.

how about breaking bolts on cars and trucks. you keep turning the wrench more and more thinking its still not tight enough and then, bam!, bolt sheers in two or the thread is gone.

smith06
02-13-09, 1:38 am

how about breaking bolts on cars and trucks. you keep turning the wrench more and more thinking its still not tight enough and then, bam!, bolt sheers in two or the thread is gone.

Hah...I did this one before i ever lifted....its MUCH worse now.

Dingo
02-13-09, 1:43 am

2 words - torque wrench

as far as everything else, its the absolute worst when you sleep on both arms, crossed underneath your chest, then wake up with both of them numb from the shoulder down and you cant get rolled over, like a turtle on his back, cept your laying face down in the pillow.

my weakest thing, not lifting wise, but still gets laughs, NEEDLES - i cant go to the hospital without getting achey in the arms and ass like i just had been given a shot. God help me when it comes time to get bloodwork, i turn whiter than casper.

also, tender girlie hands, even though they are calloused, they wont turn screws very easily.

rev8ball
02-13-09, 1:59 am
As I've mentioned before, having to replace my toilet seat several times a year because they keep breaking when I sit down to take a king-shit.....

kp3131
02-16-09, 2:02 pm
my arms go numb as well, but also talking on the cell phone has become more and more bothersome. i have to constantly switch hands during a conversation so that the arm holding the phone will stop aching from being flexed.

Cellerator65
02-16-09, 2:08 pm
putting a backpack on

IcedAbz
02-17-09, 3:35 am
As I've mentioned before, having to replace my toilet seat several times a year because they keep breaking when I sit down to take a king-shit.....

I've broke mine twice..... The third one is close, one bolt left =/ I've blew $150+ on toilet covers :|

arsilva
02-17-09, 9:13 am

i can only imagine...i'm 6 foot 1, 195lbs, and even i've managed to break a toilet seat already

dyskee
02-17-09, 11:45 am
ok iam not that huge but i have some problems like buying pants that fit both my waist and my quads.

Psycho77
02-17-09, 7:43 pm
2 words - torque wrench

already broke that

Psycho77
02-17-09, 7:44 pm
putting a backpack on

x2 on this, and trying to put on or take off a tight shirt

ok iam not that huge but i have some problems like buying pants that fit both my waist and my quads.

x2 on this as well.

Big3
02-17-09, 9:08 pm
x2 on this, and trying to put on or take off a tight shirt

x2 on this as well.

Hell yeah.. hate wearing dress shirts.... the buttons always pop off, especially on hot, humid days.....

the pants, man, I gotta buy size 44 jeans and my waist is only a size 34.... I was at a spa, er I mean "gym" with my friend (24 hour fitness) and I almost fell off the bench doing incline pullovers... fuck.

B-rad89
02-17-09, 11:05 pm
Hell yeah.. hate wearing dress shirts.... the buttons always pop off, especially on hot, humid days.....

the pants, man, I gotta buy size 44 jeans and my waist is only a size 34.... I was at a spa, er I mean "gym" with my friend (24 hour fitness) and I almost fell off the bench doing incline pullovers... fuck.

hahaha

Little Houghton
02-17-09, 11:08 pm
washing my back! anyone else have trouble with that? the last time my back felt really clean was when i showered with my girl haha

Pizzalamp
02-17-09, 11:14 pm
washing my back! anyone else have trouble with that? the last time my back felt really clean was when i showered with my girl haha

how about scratching ya back?

i can never get that little itch thats right on the pipelike vein that runs on my back

MetalAsh12
02-17-09, 11:19 pm

that's why you never take a shower w/o the women

NJC_Manhattan
02-17-09, 11:20 pm
I'm no beast, but I'd say I have trouble keepin my cell phone close to my ear for a long time because my bicep starts to tighten up like crazy and/or rubs against my forearm. I switch hands like every 5 mins.

MetalAsh12
02-17-09, 11:22 pm
I'm no beast, but I'd say I have trouble keepin my cell phone close to my ear for a long time because my bicep starts to tighten up like crazy and/or rubs against my forearm. I switch hands like every 5 mins.

haha right on with the phone issue, I have the same problem

MELTDOWN
02-17-09, 11:27 pm
wife inc. threatens to film me getting into and out of my CRX and put in on youtube. like the world hasn't seen a 240 lb, 5'-12" 40 year old get into a car?? or as my 2 sons say.."dad wears his car" LOL

TigerAce01
02-17-09, 11:32 pm
When trying to open a bag of chips, no matter how careful I am, I seem to always make a huge ass rip down the side...

Pisses me right off...

-Ace

Little Houghton
02-17-09, 11:38 pm
that's why you never take a shower w/o the women

Oh believe me, if i had my way...hahaha

Also ive found that i can no longer throw a football more than 15 yards without thinking my shoulder is gonna need surgery,or hold my hand up in class without a debilitating shoulder pump hahaha

prowrestler
02-18-09, 12:14 am
putting a backpack on

holly fuck you got no idea how much i relate lol

SQUAT or DIE!
02-18-09, 12:38 am
putting a backpack on

yeah pretty much

finding clothes to fit decently is challenging too..

walking up stairs= out of breath

arsilva
02-18-09, 1:07 am
wife inc. threatens to film me getting into and out of my CRX and put in on youtube. like the world hasn't seen a 240 lb, 5'-12" 40 year old get into a car?? or as my 2 sons say.."dad wears his car" LOL

may have been easier to say 6 foot rather than 5'12"

haha jk bro jk

smith06
02-18-09, 1:11 am
I actually tried to buy a dress shirt on V-day...lol...I wear large tshirts....I forgot that dress shirts dont stretch....I thought for sure I was gonna have Chris Farley moment.

So add that to the list...wear "normal" clothes

Psycho77
02-18-09, 6:43 am
how about scratching ya back?

i can never get that little itch thats right on the pipelike vein that runs on my back

I'm jealous of that vein Pizza.

Big3
02-18-09, 3:35 pm
walking up stairs= out of breath

^^^= unhealthy.

MELTDOWN
02-18-09, 5:55 pm
may have been easier to say 6 foot rather than 5'12"

haha jk bro jk

nope, i did my job and made ya think about it !

Bartles
02-18-09, 6:45 pm
Agreed with the first one. I always think about what I'll say next instead of listening to them say their name. It's awful.

And putting on / off a backpack,

taking off my school shirts as well.

Not that big YET though : \. But I'm gettin there.

Anyone else notice that after you started lifting, you get a pump from even doing small things.

Like when I take out the trash, I dumbell press the trashcan on the way to the street lol, I do stuff like that when I'm bord and working.

BamBam
02-18-09, 7:05 pm
Washing and or scratching my back...anything on my backside is a damn chore for me

Firefist
02-18-09, 7:14 pm
scratching my damn back, just like everyone else says.

haha its funny when it itches at the gym, i get up to a smith machine and scratch it out on the teeth, people look at me like im nuts.

Psycho77
02-18-09, 7:22 pm
scratching my damn back, just like everyone else says.

haha its funny when it itches at the gym, i get up to a smith machine and scratch it out on the teeth, people look at me like im nuts.

I hear ya. I back up against whatever machine there is or even against a rough wall or door jam to get that nasty itch. but usually, I let my training partner take care of it.

Brutus_515
02-19-09, 11:06 am
I work for a clothing company. I cant wear most of the clothes...it kinda sucks

Big Wides
02-19-09, 11:16 am
Looks like I need to start eating more.....

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 2:11 pm
^^^= unhealthy.

dont need no stinkin cardio to lift..

IronWilson
02-19-09, 2:19 pm
I always rip my t-shirts near the armpit.

Big3
02-19-09, 3:34 pm
dont need no stinkin cardio to lift..

But you do need general heart health to live and breathe.... besides, being strong is great, but if you're out of breath from the stairs, you have to reevaluate your game, but to each his own... I speak from an athletic perspective so... yeah.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 4:16 pm
But you do need general heart health to live and breathe.... besides, being strong is great, but if you're out of breath from the stairs, you have to reevaluate your game, but to each his own... I speak from an athletic perspective so... yeah.

i can make it up my stairs at home, but at the library its a challenge.. 3 stories worth of stairs... i realize i need to have a strong heart to keep on living, its just not something i choose to do often..

Achilles
02-20-09, 6:52 am
Definitely sleeping on my side, its always seemed to be an issue with girlfriends because I cant "spoon" lol. So I buy extra pillows so my neck doesn't bend

Finding clothes that fit right, I admit I like to look good when I go out. I cant wear Holister/Abercrombie or American Eagle because the sleeves and chest are too tight and if I get a bigger size the shirt fits in the chest but hangs to the knee. So Affliction is my new choice, fits the best. I have to buy jeans bigger now and wear a belt because ones that fit in the waist don't fit in the ass or legs, so I just wear bigger, boot cut jeans

Tuxedo renting has become the next obstacle (I get invited to be in alot of weddings) the women on the phone always have trouble fitting someone with 52" shoulders, 46" Chest & a 32" waist, Its funny the jackets have padded shoulders to make the normal folk look broader across the top and tighter at the hip, damn me for accomplishing that daily with all this weight lifting business, lol

Achilles
02-20-09, 6:56 am
Washing and or scratching my back...anything on my backside is a damn chore for me

I forgot this, I had an ole beagle dog who would rub his on the top of the hole in his box. I adapted his idea and started using doorways

B-rad89
04-10-09, 10:12 pm
Lets hear some more.

Alk
04-11-09, 1:22 am
I can't remember people's names, even if I've known them for awhile.

There's people at my gym that I'm really really cool with and known for years, but I address them by "man" or "dude" because I don't remember their names and get too embarrassed to ask =/.

Psycho77
04-11-09, 2:30 am
Not really a problem, but noticed my hand barely fits the 44 cans anymore, have to just up end the can to get the last few paks in there.

Buying shoes that fit and bending over to put it on. Rubber shoes not much of a problem but dress shoes are just a pain.

Big hands, small compact laptop = damn hard typing

Mizzarler
04-11-09, 5:59 pm

LOL thats what I was gonna say, i look like an idiot trying to put my socks on, and i need new clothes BADLY, need to start buying xl and xxl and for scratching my back i just take my shirt off and scratch it on a pillar in my house

WeeMan
04-12-09, 12:21 pm
getting up in the morning, im really bad at it!

and i cant drive without music playing, it stresses me out.

MetalAsh12
04-12-09, 12:38 pm
Don't really have this problem anymore since I cut down a bit, but anyone who has a low sports car can relate...rocking yourself out of the driver's seat.

PrometheusCon
04-13-09, 7:53 pm
Speaking in public. Man I don't fear too many things, but that kills me.

StockRock
04-13-09, 8:36 pm
Sleeping on my side alone numbs my arm, but waking up to the beautiful woman lying on your numb arms is the worst.

especially because they look more comfortable than you ever could be... but then again I'm comfortable staying uncomfortable.

and putting on my deadlift/squating (wrestling) shoes is another fun obstacle.

StockRock
04-13-09, 8:38 pm

a lufa on a stick is wondeful for this.

Big3
04-13-09, 9:39 pm
Custom fitted dress shirts and pants.. normally, I just wear t shirts and shorts, but special occasions call for a trip to the tailor.