PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

Mickey
02-12-07, 12:51 am
The words "satisfied" and "content" are no longer part of my vocabulary. Words such as "drive", "desire", and "determination" dominate my vocabulary as well as my daily thought. To become satisfied or content is to become weak, for the moment that I become satisfied with my size or content with the weight I'm moving I become just like the rest of 'em, blending into the ever widening pool of normality. I will be unable to achieve greatness for I will lack the drive, desire, and determination necessary for success. All my life I've always wanted to be the best; it didn't matter what I was doing, I wanted to be at the top. Sometimes I was, most of the time I wasn't, but I didn't dwell on my failures and shortcoming, I learned from my mistakes so that the next time I was bigger, faster, strong. Don't let anything or anyone come in the way between you and your goals. Don't settle for good, strive for greatness and live life to the fullest, cuz we've only got one chance to do it brothers. Dream it and you will achieve it. Never be satisfied, never be content.

Angst
02-12-07, 2:45 pm
Well said bro

Shark
02-12-07, 3:57 pm
Amen brother

firsthorseman97
02-15-07, 2:44 pm
I would love to hear from some people talk about their stories on reaching their goals. Nothing gets me more jacked than hearing a good max out story. It makes me push forward, striving to be bigger and stronger. Maybe this will motivate others as well!

I guess I could get this rollin' with the story of my latest accomplishment. Not only did I break into the 300's with my flat bench but moved up to the world of 3 plates. I sat at the end of the bench with "Animal I have Become" cranked up on my ipod. My head was down and my feet were rocking. I kept telling myself that I've come too far in the past couple of months to be denied this. When I found my focus, I dropped back on the bench and found my spot. I dug my back in and planted my feet hard into the floor. I gave my spotter the nod, took a deep breath, and up. Down came the bar, slow, till I touched, then started pressing for the fuckin' moon. I started to stick about five inches up. I dug deep, failure was not an option at this point, I was too damn close! I found the extra strength somewhere in my chest, or maybe it was in my head. Either way the weight started moving again. Before I knew it I had it locked. I racked it and jumped to my feet. My eyes bugging and my chest pumping. I just looked at the rack for a second to take it all in. 315, finally. I dropped my belt to the floor and stripped the weight. It was nice to have to take off that extra plate.

This isn't about bragging, its about MOTIVATION. Add to it!

k1usa
02-15-07, 2:54 pm
Im the 53 year old...back after 23 years of not lifting...raising family....work....the whole bit....now Im back...motivated to do something different with my life....got lots of reasons to do this..but Im back in the gym now for 8 months...training better than ever....my body looks 100% better...feel great...and stronger than I was back in my 20's. Here is what happened the other day...in San Ramon California...at the Fit 19...good guys...dont mind me grunting....walked into the gym...changed...put on my hooded sweat shirt....looked at the ground....got focused on my game....tuned in on what I wanted to do...and it hit me....it was time to bend the bar...pull some fucking huge weight...and make something happen...so....warmed up on the rack...with 3/4 deads....started at 305...400....450...then desided to hit my all time best...565...and yanked it 3 times...nice and smooth...no problem.....felt great....almost passed out...got really dizzy but came back to earth and now 2 days later feeling like I was hit by a truck....that was one day I did just one workout...usualy do my split day...2 times in the gym...but this day...it was just meant for one shot...one hit....and I hit it good. I love what Im feeling now...and crazy thing...Im putting on good size...but im now at 184....Im 5'6"...not a huge guy...but have the inner power to pull it off. Its so much in our mind what we do in the gym...suppliments...eating....good form are all important...but the mind....when its clicken....and things are good....it happens...and we hit a goal...a new high...and the other day...I hit it big. Im not a powerlifter...just building the bod..but...the big weight...the big hit...it puts on the size...and it sticks.....so...thats if from the old guy.....keep the faith....feel the pain....

firsthorseman97
02-15-07, 2:56 pm
I have to tell this story because it motivated the hell outta me. It was on a Saturday morning. I was doing some shoulders. I really didn't feel like being there. The gym doors open and in comes a guy (probably in his late 30's) in a wheelchair being pushed by a lady. She gets out his walker and puts it in front of him. He grabs ahold and pulls himself to his feet. He practically drags his way to the leg curling machine. He gets himself seated with no help. He sets the weight to about 20 lbs and starts repping. He did at least four sets of high reps. Every rep for this man was a struggle and you could tell he fuckin' loved it! He continued to leg extensions then calves. He worked his legs for about an hour and had the sweat-soaked shirt to prove it. He dragged himself back across the room, dropped into his wheelchair and left. I was going to half ass my workout till he came in. I thought to myself, if I can't get motivated after that, I have no business in a gym. I found my fuckin' motivation and blew out one helluva workout!

firsthorseman97
02-15-07, 2:59 pm
Great add k1usa. I felt myself getting pumped just by reading! Thanks!

k1usa
02-15-07, 3:07 pm
hay firsthorseman97...thanks for starting this thread...its a pleasure to share with the gang here...I get lots of power from everyone here..and god knows...I really need it. At this age....its all about the motivation...and it comes in many forms.....I find thid forum to be a great form of motivation...its a great place for us all to put in out on the line and help each other. Im a sore fucker today...but loving it. There is that special something that happens to us when we hit a new mark...a new high and its a pleasure to share my brother....

live2lift
02-15-07, 3:53 pm
Wussup bro. There is nothing more fulfilling than accomplishing a goal. I first started lifting in high school and from the first day I touched a weight I set a goal to compete in a show. It took me 11 years to do it but I finally did. I never stopped until I reached my goal. I competed in the Las Vegas Natural in 2005 and placed 4th...not bad for my first show. I plan on competing in one or two shows this year. Bodybuilding is such a great sport to be a part of. There was of course roadblocks, but I did my best to not let it discourage me.

darkside64
02-15-07, 4:20 pm
Well this has been my accomplishment as bodybuilder. I started lifting when I was a freshman in highschool I was 6'4 and weighed a buck sixty. People always told me how lanky I looked. How skinny I looked, and that I had too much acne. I day I stepped into the weight room, and benched 95lbs for 6 reps. I started getting so motivated that I started eating 3lbs of meat a day, had the most hardcore of workouts. Four years later I weighed 250 with 9% bodyfat. I benched 295 for reps. I squatted 405 ass to calves. All the people that once hated on me where now coming to me for advices on how to get big. They always said I would never be shit, but look at me now.

kylejones45
02-15-07, 4:24 pm
Entering High School I wanted to start at linebacker for the high school football team but no one in the previous five years had done so. I hit the weight room. The weights were rusted over, concrete floors cracked and darkened with dust with one small mirror hanging sideways on the wall with a giant crack thru the middle. I live in Oklahoma and the weight room was in a tin building with no A/C where the heat was on average of 100 degrees! With Pantera, Metallica, AC/DC, and others screaming in the background, I began training Five days a week. I began at 158 lbs! I pounded away, staring at myself in the broken mirror, screaming out every rep! Squats, Front Squats, Power Cleans, Bench Press, Alt. Dumbbell Curls, Barbell Curls, Military Press, Barbell Lundges, running the bleachers, 2 miles after each workout! I got into the zone! Pouring sweat, I left the weight room each day blowing out black snot from the dust filled room! To me this was an amazing summer and very intense. Everything was hardcore, my work ethic, the condition of the weight room and weather beating down on me! I battled through it, I came into football my freshman year at around 170 lbs and earned a starting position at Safety! An amazing accomplishment! I continued to train this way each summer and earned several awards througout my high school football career ending with Defensive MVP, All-County Linebacker, All-District Linebacker, and Team Captain. With this hardcore training technique, I finished my football career at 210 lbs and starting linebacker for three years!

Tom
02-15-07, 6:05 pm
I won't dwell too much on the poisons but everything crashed in 2000. 6' 260+ BW 40% BF and telling myself all was lost. 2001 I walked away from everything. I realized I needed to show my body some respect, my heart for working night and day never taking a break, my lungs for always being there for me every breath, my muscles I had treated so poorly picking me up to go earn another ducket, enabling me to turn standing trees into heat for my family year after year, my eyes for allowing me to see my way through it all. I Lost 40lbs in 2 months found a program and here I am, I wake up thinking about the sacrifices that take and have taken place for me to have the freedom to own a home and land. Somehow, getting up at 3AM to work out in a gym that sometimes is less than 20deg, surrounded by horse stench, steel and cobwebs is something I look forward to. This all helped me earn the greatest gift to achieve my goal of a 300lb flat bench press from a 160lb max in a little over one year. Now I have that Freight Train mental momentum and all the negativity, lack of recognition and set backs won't stop me because it's all about PERSEVERENCE!

firsthorseman97
02-16-07, 8:23 am
Great posts everyone. i can picture everyone of these stories. 100% motivation.

CelticWarrior
02-16-07, 11:30 am
Wazzup Brothers!! I would like to share my recent goal breakin' event with You all. This past Saturday, I competed in a APA sponsered powerlifting event in DE. I'm 35yrs old (which qualifies me as a sub-master, but there's much better comp. in the open class!!)so... I registered in the 220lb open class for push/ pull. I had been training my ass off for months w/ one goal in mind!!! "Break the Open State Records!!" In my last competition I managed to tie the open bench record w/ 450lbs (I already hold the sub-masters bench record w/ 415 & set the sub-masters dead lift record w/ 500lbs.) & ended up falling short of the open D.L. record of 550lbs w/ 500lbs.!! That's all good n shit, but I could do better!!! I just needed to dig deeper & unleash the BEAST!! Sooo.... I trained harder than I HAVE EVER TRAINED BEFORE!!! & I pushed myself to my very limit!! It all payed off!! I ended up breaking the bench record w/ 455lbs (attempted 475, but fell short!!) & also broke the D.L. record w/ 555lbs. & could have went a little heavier (next time!!)!! It was a great day for me & I hope this story helps inspire some of my fellow Brothers to dig deep within yourselves & unleash your Beast that is waiting to emerge and show no mercy concurring your Goals!!!! My New goal is to hit 500lbs on bench & 600lbs. for D.L. by year end!!! So, it's back to the F'n trenches for Me!!! I turn to this site & all of You to stay motivated & to reassure myself that I'm not the only IRON OBSESSED FREAK out there!!!
Keep Bangin' That SHIT OUT!!!
PEACE OUT BROS!!!

Tom
02-16-07, 12:06 pm
CelticWarrior! Those are some Awesome numbers and obviously your hard work paid off!

speedster00
02-16-07, 12:59 pm
Celtic- I know you can can do it bro. My best friend it 5'6, competed at 220lbs, and hold the state record in the police category with a 640lb DL all natural. He's your age. Good Luck!!

dragondad
02-16-07, 1:46 pm
2 years ago I was 36years old, 240lbs, 6' tall and 28% bf. I hated what I saw in the mirror. I was pushing 155 on bench, 225 on squats and 285 on deads. I had a bad physical and decided if I wanted to live longer that 45 I better do something about it. Then my wife showed me a picture. The 240lb me. How disgusting. I put the picture on my bedroom mirror and vowed,"I' will never look like that again." A friend turned me on to the Animal web-site about a year and a half ago. Talk about MOTIVATION! The life style, the mentality. WOW! When I get down, I would sign on and read, A journey, a diet, a routine. Something would fire me up again. Espicially that picture on the mirror. I very rarely miss a day or pack or supplement. When I do, I'm pissed and I make it up. In the last 2 years I probably have only missed 5 workouts that I haven't made up. Now when I walk in to a room, people stare, they talk. I look in the mirror and like what I see..........I LOVE it. My wife's diggin it too. I'm pushing 220lbs, still 6' tall (LOL) and apx 14% bf. My bench is at 275, squats at 385 and deads at 405. 16" arms, 34" waist. I know its not huge weight just huge improvements. Being an ANIMAL has become a way of life. People ask, "Why do you want to look like that?" I ask, "Why do you want to look like that?" (They normally look like I used to.) I have never gotton a reply to this day. LOL,LOL,LOL Hopefully my health will continue, so that I can continue my Journey.

Peace

Joe D'Amato
02-18-07, 8:36 pm
i am starting to loose interest in working out, but i dont want to, any advise to keep me motovated?

mattpatt
02-18-07, 8:38 pm
Keep reading this forum and I recommend finding the Animal Arm and Chest DVDs .........

Maybe some quiet time to clear your mind ........ set some goals ....... and find out what's truly important to you .......

focused
02-18-07, 8:45 pm
Hell, man, tell you the truth, i'm entirely motivated by this website and FORVM. Between all the articles and pictures, and The Journey with Wrath. I'm in heaven here, and i just received my owners manual, more articles you dont see here on the site. What keeps me going is the simple fact you only get what you put into it, you put in a day of "rest" will then turn into a few days of "rest" then soon you will be goin to lift maybe once a week. you'll see your hard earned gains and muscle just go straight down the shitter.

Pain, another motivation. Don't get me wrong this isn't the bad pain, this is the aching sore of my muscles, especially after leg day. That reminds me of the effort and hard work i put in.

But all in all, don't just say you don't want to go to the gym, force yourself to go, inhale that lovely smell of iron n sweat, hell to everyone else thats not a good smelling, but we are all sick fucks and love it, maybe i'm the only one? Not to mention the feeling of you pushing up weight and gettin that pump.

grab some Pak, Pump or anything else ANIMAL/Universal has to offer and fuckin get in the gym and remember the one bodybuilder you idolize....THATS what will keep you goin'. No one is forcing you to do this, it's just a lifestyle.

Animal: it takes a sick fuck to be one, while others cannot understand

Joe D'Amato
02-18-07, 8:56 pm
Hell, man, tell you the truth, i'm entirely motivated by this website and FORVM. Between all the articles and pictures, and The Journey with Wrath. I'm in heaven here, and i just received my owners manual, more articles you dont see here on the site. What keeps me going is the simple fact you only get what you put into it, you put in a day of "rest" will then turn into a few days of "rest" then soon you will be goin to lift maybe once a week. you'll see your hard earned gains and muscle just go straight down the shitter.

Pain, another motivation. Don't get me wrong this isn't the bad pain, this is the aching sore of my muscles, especially after leg day. That reminds me of the effort and hard work i put in.

But all in all, don't just say you don't want to go to the gym, force yourself to go, inhale that lovely smell of iron n sweat, hell to everyone else thats not a good smelling, but we are all sick fucks and love it, maybe i'm the only one? Not to mention the feeling of you pushing up weight and gettin that pump.

grab some Pak, Pump or anything else ANIMAL/Universal has to offer and fuckin get in the gym and remember the one bodybuilder you idolize....THATS what will keep you goin'. No one is forcing you to do this, it's just a lifestyle.

Animal: it takes a sick fuck to be one, while others cannot understand

holy shit dude that right there is what i need, i feel like working out right now!

karmazon
02-18-07, 8:58 pm
If you like something, you don't need motivation to do it.

focused
02-18-07, 9:02 pm
If you like something, you don't need motivation to do it.

man of few words....DEFINATELY more effective my long little rant. haha

good words though, and couldn't agree more

IronLeague
02-18-07, 9:08 pm
It's either in your blood or it's not.... "working out" is one thing...the life style is something different.

Respect,
IronLeague

darkside64
02-18-07, 10:33 pm
well you could always go back to being a pussy. Listen it's simple you either want it or you dont. However dont be one of those guys that start something and stop it again after 2 weeks. Get the movie Pumping Iron. Read all the "livin" articles on here. Maybe take a little break, you might be getting burned out cuz your body(and mind) need rest. Either way find that spark and start a fucking fire

focused
02-18-07, 10:37 pm
Darkside....i hate you. now i'mma go watch pumping iron again. haha i'm kidding, but....seriously i'm gonna watch that movie. if that isnt motivation all by itself right bro?

doomsdaylover
02-18-07, 10:40 pm
You could go back to eating anything at the mall food court, drinking beer, growing a hairy pot belly, looking like any other dude at a party with bad skin and a flacid physique. Should be fun.

k1usa
02-18-07, 10:47 pm
I believe this is truly a lifestyle...we can train....hit the gym...do a half ass workout like most around us...but something drives us differently than most others...its the animal thing...and like it did this morning...hits me hard all the time......I woke up thismorning...my 3 year old was sleeping across my chest...looked at the time..it was 7am...sunday morning....got up....got my head ready for the gym...fresh...with no stress from the day....just got to the gym and desided to do something different for a sunday morning...I made a shit load of noise...and pulled 600lbs 2 times for 3/4 deads....I was just about all alone....no on lookers...just me and the iron. I just felt it again...its just me....nothing selfish....just me and the challenge. I finished my shoulders up....and now home at 7pm and just now getting the begining of what will be a painful evening and sleep from killing my body.....why do we do this?...its our path...its our life....its my fucking turn to do for myself. Everyone will be there when I return after my friggen 2 hours to myself...so.....the world is turning....and all is good...all I need it my 2 workouts a day....and Im happy. Guess my long version here is this......if its in the hart....then do it...if its not...find a reason...and if there is no reason....do something diffferent..but healthy...like a fun hobby...or perhaps help others. Im 53....a returning B Builder and have no time to think...I just do....I just want to feel the rush...feel the success and.....feel the pain. Its hard bro sometimes..but if its not in your hart...its ok...we are still here for you..but....when its time to do business....in the gym...thats where Ill be.....killing it

Joe D'Amato
02-19-07, 12:08 am
keep this shit up!!! hell yea animals i dont know what i was thinking

TheNaturalG
02-19-07, 2:08 am
i am starting to loose interest in working out, but i dont want to, any advise to keep me motovated?

Bodybuilding is all about definition. Not only the definition of your muscles, but the definition of the life that comes with it. I love being able to say I am a bodybuilder. It shows strength, dedication, character, being a fucking animal, and other things to be proud of.

It is your choice. I know what mine is.

never_2_big
02-19-07, 5:21 am
winners make changes.... losers make excuses
which one are you?
wayne bennett Austrlian Rugby League coach

find something new that inspires, use this website and forvm, the atmosphere in this place is electric... then take that feeling, use it to light a new fire, dont ever let it go out, this is a choice youre either an animal or your not, so what's it goona be?

Machine
02-19-07, 6:42 am
I suppose I could give you some poetry class bullshit answer to this...but I wont I am too tired from the 40 sets of hamstrings and calves I just did. Dont make me angry...You have motivation...the fact that you are here seperates you from the rest of the zombies out there. Dont fall back in line with them now...Not now...Not ever. Do what you know you have to do and this shit will pass...it always does. Think about how you would feel if your membership card was pulled...you dont want that now ... do you? Get the fuck up and make war...Right fucking now...You will do it for yourself and for those who came before who had no such place to draw inspiration from...you will do it for yourself...and you will do it because its what I expect from you...now go and be angry...and productive.

MACHINE

Korg
02-19-07, 7:08 am
Jo bros

I live in South Africa, and let me tell you, just looking around at people walking down the street motivates the shit out of. They are like a bunch a fat zombies, mulling around aimlessly, living for weekends of booze and junk food. When I go to the gym, I see people who 'want to get fit' or 'loose weight'. They all have these gay personal trainers, but after a month most just stop coming. Fuck, we have people who smoke before and after trainng. What the fuck is up with that? Whats the point? And they call me the crazy one!!! People like that really get my bloodpressure up.

When people say to me, "how can you eat two cans of tuna, chicken, and brown basmati rice everyday?", I just shake my head and ignore them. They dont understand. I live for the pain of the pump, the feeling you get after a killer leg workout, the joy of attaining your goal of deadlifting 200kgs. They live for feelings of instant gratification. All they want to do is feel good about themselves and be happy. Well fuck that. I never feel good and am never happy, excpet when im in the gym. If i dont eat every al least every 3hours I start to freak out. I need my protein and carbs, and I need them now. Hell im busy eating some brown basmati as I type this.

Keep on trainin dudes, and fuck all the normals who envy and resent us.

cuts280
02-19-07, 7:15 am
First of all analyze the situation and try to find out the actual cause of the fact that you ain't so motivated anymore. .
1) Maybe you have been busting your balls in the gym pushing the envelope everytime you step in the gym for a long time hence maybe you are both mentally & physically tired. Trust me, this can happen.....in such situation take a layoff for a week or so. Get mentally refreshed and comeback with a bang to hit the weights.
2) Maybe you are badly overtrained and not been making the progress you should be making. In such a situation analyze your program, diet & supplementation. Make a solid new plan, make necessary changes and be prepared to wage war with the weights.
3) Sometimes it can be psychological too. Perhaps, everything what you do is fine but maybe you are comparing yourself to one of those big guys which you see in the mags or your favorite animalpak ads and maybe he makes you feel inferior with his level of development. Bro, I have seen this happen a lot of times. Your biggest competitor is YOU. Use them as inspiration/motivation and strive on making constant improvements in your own body rather than the comparison.
4) Now comes the harsh reality, the truth. Not all are meant to train balls to walls in the gym and eat six to eight solid meals every single day 24/7 as if you are life depends on it. So decide which category you fall in. It is very easy to term yourself as HARDCORE, but hey action speaks louder than words my friend. If you have the blue collar work ethic, a goal then no one can keep you out of your gym for long.
5) Last but not least there are thousands of different ways to get motivated. It could be anything from meeting your fav pro, watching a DVD like Ronnie Coleman's Unbelievable, going through a hardcore mag like MD etc, hitting up with couple of good guy's on this forum, going & watching a bodybuilding contest like Arnold Classic, listening to your fav music etc etc.....like I said the list is endless. By the end of the day only you know what is keeping you away from the gym if you really look for answers. Once you sort it out workout and eat like there is no tomorrow. Good luck.

Joe D'Amato
02-19-07, 12:05 pm
cuts 280
"3) Sometimes it can be psychological too. Perhaps, everything what you do is fine but maybe you are comparing yourself to one of those big guys which you see in the mags or your favorite animalpak ads and maybe he makes you feel inferior with his level of development. Bro, I have seen this happen a lot of times. Your biggest competitor is YOU. Use them as inspiration/motivation and strive on making constant improvements in your own body rather than the comparison."

i think thats it right there! also thank you everyone one else im so motovated im going to workout right now. keep up those posts for others who start to loose interest.

deadnight_warrior
02-19-07, 5:24 pm
Entering to gym and dying to hit the weights; having trouble going to sleep because you're so pumped to hit the gym the next day; slapping on an extra plate to you're max weight; hearing you're spotter scream his fucking lungs out to squeeze out you're last rep; feeling like you're skin is going to literaly rip open after a double drop or a superset; enjoying you're post-workout shake; devouring a bloody steak with yams on the side; choking down another can of tuna;getting a headrush after a heavy set; browsing through this website; outgrowing a t-shirt or a pair of pants; trying out a new gym; going back to you're good old home gym; seeying the scale move up another notch; having trouble to concentrate at work because you're thinking of a new exercice; planning out a new routine; feeling like you're going to throw up you're pre-workout meal.. throwing it up; loving the feel the cold, solid & raw iron in you're fucking hands... ... Sharing the collective addiction

dbbeast
02-19-07, 5:35 pm
listen...motivation for this lifestyle has to come from inside...you can't do it for anybody else or for any reason other than to better yourself. you have to love this sport to be motivated. but maybe taking some time away and thinking why you got into it in the first place will help. good luck

BOO-YAH-KAH
02-19-07, 6:14 pm
with a recent cold (Seemed like 10 days)... After reading the above replies I've picked up the dumbells I keep at my desk to get a lil pump and will be hitting the gym tonight for sure.

Thanks brothers!!!

eblnyc
02-20-07, 12:14 am
I have thought the same shit as you in the past! then i realize that if i give up now that will make me weak! no way in hell! If i wasnt beating the shit out of myself what else would i be doing?drinking and fucking up! No way lifting is therapy for me! the more pissed off iam the more i lift! machine and the rest of the people here just add fuel to my fire to be stronger and better! i say dont ever fuckin give up!

P_Venkman
02-20-07, 1:36 am
The biggest motivator for me is my personal goals. Be honest with yourself and your goals. Pick something specific that you want, and write it down. Then say it aloud. Say it to yourself, to your friends, family, wife, whoever is around. Because if you feel goofy or foolish saying it aloud to yourself, and to others, then how are you gonna truly believe that you can achieve it? Its all about goals my man. And personally, I hate letting others down, but I can't live with letting myself down......

Bigarexic
02-20-07, 3:06 am
I know I sound like a pussy but I need some motivation. I have been working 55 hour weeks and going to college and dealing witha very time consuming fiancee. Its hard to keep on track sometimes which really sucks but I was wondering what kind of shit you guys have to deal with daily and how you keep bein an animal?

Arbalest
02-20-07, 3:08 am
I know I sound like a pussy but I need some motivation. I have been working 55 hour weeks and going to college and dealing witha very time consuming fiancee. Its hard to keep on track sometimes which really sucks but I was wondering what kind of shit you guys have to deal with daily and how you keep bein an animal?

Check my log in my signature...

k1usa
02-20-07, 3:16 am
Agree..its a real hard thing to spread the time line out for everything....but its all about how much you are wanting to dedicate yourself to the gym...and to your body and health.....having a time consuming fiancee can put the damper on training...but if you guys are fixen to marry...she should already know you want to train...and....she should be understanding of your needs....and if not....its time to figure out how to be happy with giving up what you desire. Im very lucky...my girl knows I train...and started while she was away for a 4 week vacation in Singapor...I got back to the gym when she left...and I was 52 and was not in the gym for over 23 years...so this was my return....so...she came back...and I never told her that I got back to the gym...and in 4 weeks...I changed...a lot...she loved it...and since then...over 8 months of solid training...she loves my body and health even more....not that sometimes she wants me to go shopping...and playing around with her...but...she knows that my trianing comes first...I hit it twice a day...and when Im with her....its all bout us...she trains with me sometimes...and I punich her when she is done with cardio....I have fun with that..but she knows where I stand. When she complaines about me spending so much time in the gym....I usualy take that day to have a day off..and show her she is important to me...and share some good time...but she knows that to maintain this body.....its time...its dedication...its painful...but its a ballance of love....life and time......good luck bro....dont give in or up....

darkside64
02-20-07, 5:45 am
first off your not a pussy for admitting that you are lacking proper motivation. Bro make time to train. I'm writing this to you at 4:40AM I have been up for an hour cuz this is the only time I can train. Shit this morning was especially hard cuz I could not get even 4 hours of sleep. Did I turn off the alarm and roll over. No. I sure as fuck wanted to though. Make a schedule and set priorities. It is hard living this life in your situation, so you have to have a game plan. When to train and when to eat. Keep in mind that the fewest people that bodybuild just it and train all day cuz their finances are taken care of. Now make some goals and dont fucking let go until you have reached them.

Enforcer25
02-20-07, 8:22 am
I agree with darkside, it's a little after 6:00am and I', writing this because my wife is off today and she wants to go do some stuff today, so I'm working out now. I'm married, two kids, full-time job, etc. There is nothing wrong with admitting to needing some motivation. There are plenty of people who need it and just don't say it. They read the forvm, they read a magazine, look at a poster, any number of things, in fact I do all the above. My wife also likes the way I'm changing so that motivates me. People count on me to take care of business at work and if I'm out of shape I can't do my job effectively, that motivates me. So read some posts, get fired up and post how your training went. Stay strong

Nas
02-20-07, 8:55 am
Sup man? I don't believe you have no motivation or you wouldn't be here sharing your thoughts with us. So that's a good point already. Maybe you feel down, or tired or need to do something different for a while. Your CNS needs to rest too. (Schak wrote something about why taking a break is benefit)
Sometimes all you need is just writing down a new routine, reading some Animal logs, etc.
What you need is a short term target. Something you'll focus on from the time you wake up to the time you fall asleep. Take your time. Think about it. Let it become your secret fire, the thing that'll motivate you and that'll make you different. Want a bigger bench? Better calves? Wanna loose 10lbs of fat?

As for your fiancee, be honnest with her and tell her how bad you need to train. Don't bitch about her and don't let her bitch about your WO. Talk to each other. You'll find a way. It took 7 years for my wife to understand and now she's my biggest fan. Believe me she too can be your motivation.

Peace

Hollow
02-20-07, 10:24 am
Sup man? I don't believe you have no motivation or you wouldn't be here sharing your thoughts with us. So that's a good point already. Maybe you feel down, or tired or need to do something different for a while. Your CNS needs to rest too. (Schak wrote something about why taking a break is benefit)
Sometimes all you need is just writing down a new routine, reading some Animal logs, etc.
What you need is a short term target. Something you'll focus on from the time you wake up to the time you fall asleep. Take your time. Think about it. Let it become your secret fire, the thing that'll motivate you and that'll make you different. Want a bigger bench? Better calves? Wanna loose 10lbs of fat?

As for your fiancee, be honnest with her and tell her how bad you need to train. Don't bitch about her and don't let her bitch about your WO. Talk to each other. You'll find a way. It took 7 years for my wife to understand and now she's my biggest fan. Believe me she too can be your motivation.

Peace

I agree with Nas 100%. You definitely need to talk to your fiancee. It makes a huge difference. Good one Nas.

OsoBlanco
02-20-07, 7:12 pm
hey guys. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get motivated in the gym and sometimes I can't even get motivated to actually go to the gym. Most of the time I will be all pumped and ready to go, but as soon as I hit the weights, all that goes away. I don't get it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to get over it. Thanks in advance.

Oso

Enforcer25
02-20-07, 7:17 pm
How long have you been lifting? Do you need to take a rest from the weights to recharge? I have had days like that and found that I felt better if I worked out. I look back on it and was glad I did it. Hard to figure out the problem without more info. Read the posts on here and try to carry that intensity to the gym.

focused
02-20-07, 7:20 pm
hey please use the search function, there are two other threads on the SAME topic, put in a search read some stuff in there, it's all motivation you ned.

OsoBlanco
02-20-07, 7:23 pm
hey please use the search function, there are two other threads on the SAME topic, put in a search read some stuff in there, it's all motivation you ned.

Sorry to waste 10 seconds of your life. I will use the search next time.

HAWK
02-20-07, 7:23 pm
You just got me fucking PISSED. Let me enlighten you. Everything you can find and read on this site is motivating. Also, if for some reason, that doesn't work????

Take a trip to the hospital, or a school for the mentally challenged or retarted. Go to a school for the blind. Look in the eyes of someone that can't walk, can't see, or doesn't have a clue what time of the day it is, and try to tell them to their face that you just can't seem to muster the energy to go to the gym and lift. These people would give their lives for ONE FUCKING DAY of being able to do what we do daily. You can't IMAGINE the fucking pain they endure, the challenges they face, the mental drag and depression some of them slip into. If not being "motivated" to go to the gym is a challenge you can't overcome, go pick up ping-pong or fucking ballet. Drop it all now, walk away, and stop insulting the fucking people that physically cannot do what we do. GODDAMNIT, I CAN'T STAND HEARING THAT PEOPLE CAN'T GET MOTIVATED TO DO SOMETHING!! FUCK!! I put those individuals that can't think, walk, talk, see, hear, have no legs, no arms, are in wheelchairs on my fucking back and CRUSH STEEL and everything else in my way. If you can't lift and do shit for yourself, then do it for those that would trade their lives for one walk down the street as a healthy, "normal" human.

OsoBlanco
02-20-07, 7:24 pm
How long have you been lifting? Do you need to take a rest from the weights to recharge? I have had days like that and found that I felt better if I worked out. I look back on it and was glad I did it. Hard to figure out the problem without more info. Read the posts on here and try to carry that intensity to the gym.

Thanks for the reply Enforcer. I have been lifting for about 3 years now. I take breaks every once in a while, but mostly because I get in slumps like the one I am in now. I don't know why it happens, it just does.

Oso

OsoBlanco
02-20-07, 7:28 pm
You just got me fucking PISSED. Let me enlighten you. Everything you can find and read on this site is motivating. Also, if for some reason, that doesn't work????

Take a trip to the hospital, or a school for the mentally challenged or retarted. Go to a school for the blind. Look in the eyes of someone that can't walk, can't see, or doesn't have a clue what time of the day it is, and try to tell them to their face that you just can't seem to muster the energy to go to the gym and lift. These people would give their lives for ONE FUCKING DAY of being able to do what we do daily. You can't IMAGINE the fucking pain they endure, the challenges they face, the mental drag and depression some of them slip into. If not being "motivated" to go to the gym is a challenge you can't overcome, go pick up ping-pong or fucking ballet. Drop it all now, walk away, and stop insulting the fucking people that physically cannot do what we do. GODDAMNIT, I CAN'T STAND HEARING THAT PEOPLE CAN'T GET MOTIVATED TO DO SOMETHING!! FUCK!! I put those individuals that can't think, walk, talk, see, hear, have no legs, no arms, are in wheelchairs on my fucking back and CRUSH STEEL and everything else in my way. If you can't lift and do shit for yourself, then do it for those that would trade their lives for one walk down the street as a healthy, "normal" human.

Hey Hawk
Thanks to you, I think I found out what it means to be an Animal. Using FUCK after every other word and getting pissed off when someone asks for some tips on getting out of a slump. Thanks anyway.

focused
02-20-07, 7:31 pm
hey bro, c'mon you don't need to be a dick. if you are then the FORVM aint a place for you. watchmen shut down threads that have multiples all the time, i mean you say you wasted 10 seconds of my life. it'd take MAYBE 10 seconds to put in a search and save yourself time.

i mean this is a place where you can come to ask questions and shit, you gotta take constructive criticism, i mean don't feel to cool that you don't need anyones help alright?

peace

Jeff the Repper
02-20-07, 7:32 pm
Well, I have to say motivation is like a bath, it does wear off. I think the first thing you have to do is know if living this lifestyle is not easy, I mean if it were everybody would look as like fitness models ( or bigger and better ) Take a good hard look at what you are doing and why. If you realise there is no place you would rather be right now than in the gym that should do it for you, if not take up knitting and make me a nice pair of socks !

OsoBlanco
02-20-07, 7:35 pm
hey bro, c'mon you don't need to be a dick. if you are then the FORVM aint a place for you. watchmen shut down threads that have multiples all the time, i mean you say you wasted 10 seconds of my life. it'd take MAYBE 10 seconds to put in a search and save yourself time.

i mean this is a place where you can come to ask questions and shit, you gotta take constructive criticism, i mean don't feel to cool that you don't need anyones help alright?

peace

I have no problems with criticism, I didn't use the search because I wanted answers that could be directed more toward my problem. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but everyone else gives smart ass answers, so I figured why don't I.

focused
02-20-07, 7:39 pm
I have no problems with criticism, I didn't use the search because I wanted answers that could be directed more toward my problem. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but everyone else gives smart ass answers, so I figured why don't I.

Okay, i hear what you're saying bro. but i'm only telling you what the Watchmen would tell you if they came across this. Next, if you did search and read, people have the same problem that you're having, read, learn to read bro, thats what knowledge is about. And finally, you don't need to stoop down to the level of makin smart ass comments, they'll kick your ass out for that. Just take it in, if you got a problem PM that person and work it out, the FORVM isn't for the bullshit. Aight, just as long as you hear what we got to say as well?

peace

HAWK
02-20-07, 7:41 pm

Man, no one is giving you smart ass answers. When someone tells you to search because there are another 2 or 3 threads about this problem you have, then you say "ok, I'll search". You hit a real sore spot on me with your comment about no motivation, I see kids that would give their lives to do what we do daily...that shit hits home. We try to keep things organized and don't need 5 threads on the same topic.

hjayss
02-21-07, 5:28 am
Man, no one is giving you smart ass answers. When someone tells you to search because there are another 2 or 3 threads about this problem you have, then you say "ok, I'll search". You hit a real sore spot on me with your comment about no motivation, I see kids that would give their lives to do what we do daily...that shit hits home. We try to keep things organized and don't need 5 threads on the same topic.

Youo have tons of motivation here and just on this thread alone read what hawk said bro put these people who do not have a chance to hit the gym on your back find a thing that pisses yoou off no need to sit back and life crush you bro. Stand up be a man and cruch everything in yoour way eat every thing in your path load up on the shit that gives you the energy you need sit or stand what you gonna do. If you are sitting to long somebody will step on youo bro . Hope that helps cause that is all of our intent to light that fire bro.

OsoBlanco
02-21-07, 3:31 pm
Look guys. I really do appreciate your advice. I also apologize for some of my comments. Yesterday was a rough day for me and I just had to let out a little steam and I shouldn't have taken it out on you all.

Oso

darkside64
02-21-07, 3:50 pm
Every time I want to give up thats what I think about. I mean lets not kid ourselves we all come to the point where we say "why am I doing this shit" "for what greater purpose" it always easy to be mediorcre like the rest of the world. It take pride and honor to keep fighting when everything; and if nothing else think of the people that never had a chance to make something out of themselves. Think of people that put their life on the line just so you can have the freedom to walk out your dreams. Dont waste their time.
Efficient

ldskenpo
02-22-07, 3:29 pm
some people just cant do for themselves, go to this thread
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=816
scan down to post #10

goody19
02-24-07, 7:52 pm
you gotta figure out what is "in" and what is "in the way". if its in the way, kick it to the fucking curb.

goody19
02-24-07, 8:48 pm
or try this

www.animalpak.com

haha

mikejones1
02-24-07, 10:06 pm
copying the title of the Animal poster hanging on my wall...

Be Selfish

BigAnt
03-08-07, 10:27 pm
I am seeing some questions on staying motivated....

It happens to is all, a lull in training, slight injury, hectic work schedule, family life...sometimes we NEED that extra push to re-light the fire.

I like to check this board, read muscle magazines, think about my bodybuilding competitors and also watching movies - DVD's

Movies that motivate me...

All of the Rocky's
Vision Quest
Replacements
Any Given Sunday
And any DVD-movie about bodybuilding...

Next...

TufffGuY
03-08-07, 10:31 pm
hell ya I love Rocky

So why do you fight?

Cause I can't sing or dance

karmazon
03-08-07, 11:10 pm
Pumping Iron
300 trailer

LuvsThePain
03-08-07, 11:20 pm
The Punisher
Unbreakable
Terminator - 2 (gets me going every time)

My all time favorites (the Rocky series)

futilekyle
03-08-07, 11:33 pm
Marcus Ruhl " Made in Germany" one of the best bodybuilding dvds I've ever seen. Hes huge, strong, and not in contest prep so he doesn't keep saying how he can't go all out because he'll overtrain. You watch him when he trains- you see how he got that big

jac71
03-08-07, 11:35 pm
Animalpak.com
the Forvm
the Rocky song "eye of the tiger" lol guess this one is a favorite!!

Seriously, reading some of the articles by the animal pak crew...there is motivation there for everything from gettin my ass to the gym to when I feel like cheating on my diet or skippin a meal cus i am just not hungry. They aweken the Animal when "the Animal" feels like being normal

Krieg
03-08-07, 11:47 pm
Machine's articles are always very motivating, and Wrath's training videos are probably the thing that motivates me the most to kick the shit out of whatever I'm training that day so that I can one day lift that much.

NickSP
03-08-07, 11:52 pm
Movies that motivate me...

Vision Quest

Holy crap, I can't believe you just said that!

Maccabee
03-08-07, 11:53 pm
What motivates me most are the articles here at the site and I just do a lot of thinking. I am just the type of guy when he warms up and stretches for my workouts I just do a lot of visualization of myself picking up 1000lb dead and so on. Nuthing else motivates but my mind. I just think of how big and strong I can become that alone makes me go crazy and want to hit the weights. Honestly if there was no such thing as over training and the more you did the more you would grow I would just workout hours and hours until someone throws me out the gym.

born0withno0soul
03-08-07, 11:59 pm
What motivates me most are the articles here at the site and I just do a lot of thinking. I am just the type of guy when he warms up and stretches for my workouts I just do a lot of visualization of myself picking up 1000lb dead and so on. Nuthing else motivates but my mind. I just think of how big and strong I can become that alone makes me go crazy and want to hit the weights. Honestly if there was no such thing as over training and the more you did the more you would grow I would just workout hours and hours until someone throws me out the gym.

i hear you brother. i feel the same way. i use to try this but i would end up hurting myself and be bed ridded for a while. so now i do it right.

Kathy Fields
03-09-07, 12:35 am
I know this may sound funny coming from a chick, but since I was a little girl, I had a crush on Arnold Schwarzenegger. Kind of ironic, he walks by the Animal Cage looking in as we were there on Saturday and that was the only time in my life I came that close to him.

Anyways, I wanted to mention that one of the most motivational movies for me is Conan the Barbarian. Other than that, it would be videos we take of our workouts and many of the Underground Strength videos.

Watching UFC helps since Bobby used to be an MMA fighter. And watching any war movies regardless of the campaign, battle, or wars.

One movie I haven't watched is Blackhawk Down. I have yet to rent that movie, but have heard many things about it. Many of my close friends and family have asked me to in the past, but I always refused to because of my involvement back then. Perhaps it down the road it will be added to my list of "motivational" movies.

Hikeon3
03-09-07, 1:34 am
Reading Wrath's "The Journey."

Dedication and passion.

GRUNT
03-09-07, 4:49 am
My Fellow Servicemembers Alongside Of Me Motivate Me To Better Myself Everyday....

hjayss
03-09-07, 8:22 am
IN.....Heartbreak ridge love that movie ..."we aint doing nothing we got the sweet ...sweet ,sweet,sweet ha ha ha. I like the replacement, and any football movie too.

HAWK
03-09-07, 8:44 am
Besides the cut and dry motivational factors, like movies (favorite is GLADIATOR)...I have been known to sit and talk with disabled children, mentally challenged individuals, people who have lost their sight, etc. Man, a few minutes with one of these people and you will be charged up like never before. These are the people I lift for when I don't want to lift for myself. I put them on my back, and they push me to new heights, carry me to new levels. We talk about the challenges we face in training and life, but compared to the battles these warriors face daily, we have yet to be truely challenged, and for that we are fortunate.

Gambit
03-09-07, 9:19 am
There's this guy who lifts at my gym, Colt Wynn, if any of you've ever heard of him that gets me more motivated than anything else. The thing about Colt is...he's in a wheelchair. But boy, he's frickin' huge. You'll never hear him complain or bitch about what happened to him, just see him pumping away at the iron.

THAT is Animal.

Jaymafin
03-09-07, 9:56 am
Besides the cut and dry motivational factors, like movies (favorite is GLADIATOR)...I have been known to sit and talk with disabled children, mentally challenged individuals, people who have lost their sight, etc. Man, a few minutes with one of these people and you will be charged up like never before. These are the people I lift for when I don't want to lift for myself. I put them on my back, and they push me to new heights, carry me to new levels. We talk about the challenges we face in training and life, but compared to the battles these warriors face daily, we have yet to be truely challenged, and for that we are fortunate.

Cant be said better than this bro. this goes to the heart of the matter. I was watching dateline or one of those tv magazine shows and it was about the tramatic brain injuries that soldiers are getting in the wars we are fighting. They showed a picture of this one black dude that could have been any one of us, normal guy. Then they showed him now, and he is fucking stuck in a bed in his mothers apartment paralyzed. He can barely talk and he is clearly mentally retarded now. Seeing that made me fucking cry and chokes me up anytime i think about him. He cant train ever fuck he cant even talk to his mother in a normal sentence. Now i am gonna bitch about being tired or rather sit on my ass and watch tv, or any number of BS excuses we have all made. Give thanks for the fact you can train, and imagine for a second that you CANT as opposed to wont.

Jaymafin
03-09-07, 9:58 am
There's this guy who lifts at my gym, Colt Wynn, if any of you've ever heard of him that gets me more motivated than anything else. The thing about Colt is...he's in a wheelchair. But boy, he's frickin' huge. You'll never hear him complain or bitch about what happened to him, just see him pumping away at the iron.

THAT is Animal.

I saw him in MNF, good size, give him some props for me. Very inspirational.

Hollow
03-09-07, 10:16 am
Might sound corny but my 3 yr old. When he grows up he doesn't want to be big and strong like superman, he wants to be big and strong like dad!

Dingo
03-09-07, 11:10 am
Troy - Achilles: [to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Batman Begins - Thomas Wayne: And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

The last game in Friday Night Lights.

Rudy
Gladiator
Braveheart
Walking Tall

and tonight, hopefully the movie 300!!!

Hauss
03-09-07, 12:51 pm
Memories give me motivation. I was a short fat kid. when I need motivation i think of every mother fucker who picked on me. every girlfriend who cheated everyone who told me i can't and won't and turn it into inner stength. keeps me running like a blown big block. Emmotions are more powerful than any drug. If some day in the gym you run into a stocky fucker with big side burns, born to lose tattoo on is forearm and tears are running down his face. He's not crying cause he's a bitch or sore and doesn't want to do that last rep.

gnoll5
03-09-07, 1:05 pm
if i need motivation, i look long and hard in the mirror. then i shake my head, and know i gotta keep going. wraths journey helps sometimes too.

Maccabee
03-09-07, 1:17 pm
I saw him in MNF, good size, give him some props for me. Very inspirational.

Ya i saw him in there also. That guy is a pure Animal and really huge. When I read that article it motivated me so much to work harder. That guy is a pure Animal, no doubt about it.

Secur1ty
03-09-07, 4:38 pm
Ive lost my will to lift. Really im starting to dread going 2 weight lifting. Ive got no more passion or will anymore. Like im a strong kid, but for some reason my bench has fallen from 205 to 170... and i can barely curl 135 anymore. Everyone's tellin me that im gonna get injured for lifting too heavy, and whenever i try to lift light, i find out that i have pisspoor form and other shit.

Anyways, what do you guys do whenever you lose all motivation? I dont mean to sound like a bitch, but i lack motivation and want it back.

BigAnt
03-09-07, 4:43 pm

Very cool!

Hercules
03-09-07, 4:46 pm
Sorry to hear about your lack of motivation. I've been through it. Now, I don't want to leave the gym. We all have something different that motivates us. You have to look within and dig deep. Sometimes a week off will help. You start to miss it and hit it hard when you return. You set goals - I see that in your signature. Maybe you need to change your routine. Read these:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=167&section=

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=270&section=

Hope they help....

Maharg
03-09-07, 4:53 pm
since your lifts are going down im gonna ask how much and often do you train it might be possible you are over training.

Fury317
03-09-07, 4:58 pm
hey man im with Hercules on this one. everyone gets to that point at some time. the key is to fucking overcome it-its the animal way. taking a week off would be a good idea. id also say maybe check your diet and make sure youre getting proper nutrition to help you build up what you tear down while training. Hang in there bro and keep workin hard.

Machine
03-09-07, 5:08 pm
Good...Good...go home...quit...stop wasting oxygen for everyone else in the weight room. Your very prescence should be motivation enough...no one here has any time for that shit. If you have read the words in the articles and on this forum...and you still need a kick in the ass...then you dont have what it takes son. Maybe its better this way...stop now before you get hurt or something. Maybe you should go to the park and play frisbee or some shit...walk your dog. I am besieged at every moment with questions from people all over the world about how to gain size or get stronger...so you see I am less than impressed with your little situation. I wish I was there right now to smack the shit out of you...or drag your ass up and down the weight room until you learned what motivation is. Now get off this board and make room for some real motherfuckers...if this hurts your feelings your a bitch...if it makes you mad...you have hope.

MACHINE

Jaymafin
03-09-07, 5:12 pm
Good...Good...go home...quit...stop wasting oxygen for everyone else in the weight room. Your very prescence should be motivation enough...no one here has any time for that shit. If you have read the words in the articles and on this forum...and you still need a kick in the ass...then you dont have what it takes son. Maybe its better this way...stop now before you get hurt or something. Maybe you should go to the park and play frisbee or some shit...walk your dog. I am besieged at every moment with questions from people all over the world about how to gain size or get stronger...so you see I am less than impressed with your little situation. I wish I was there right now to smack the shit out of you...or drag your ass up and down the weight room until you learned what motivation is. Now get off this board and make room for some real motherfuckers...if this hurts your feelings your a bitch...if it makes you mad...you have hope.

MACHINE

WOW-thats a kick in the ass.

brandonA
03-09-07, 5:21 pm

MACHINE

Fucking brutal...love every word....

you know he has a point.....dont come at us with i cant do it....if you are thinking that then it is true...if you are willing to kill your self every day in the gym...to put in the work....then we WILL help....kid you are only what 16? way to early to give up on your self bro.....if you truly want it you will take it....

-B

P.S. i think you might have pissed off Machine.....

Maharg
03-09-07, 5:22 pm
DAMN you know its bad when Machine comes in and threatens to whip your ass.

focused
03-09-07, 5:24 pm
Dear Animal/Universal:

Please create hundreds of clones of machine so everybody can buy one and when we aren't motivated he can beat the living shit out of me, or drag my ass to the gym, and say all this motivational shit he says everytime he opens his mouth. I know i'd buy one....

thank you,
-focused

**i couldn't agree more with machines fuckin harsh but true to the fuckin core words...god this why i love animal...THANK YOU!

and please use the search function, there are multiple threads on this already.

Far Beyond Driven
03-09-07, 5:25 pm
If you would have used the search feature on this topic, you would have known what Machine would say. And for the record, I quit wrestling when I was 15. Didn't even last 3 weeks. I liked it, but the workouts were too hard. So I gave a bullshit reason, and quit. I got ragged on until the day I graduated, and I've regretted it ever since. Don't go down that road, man. Self loathing is a bitch.

brandonA
03-09-07, 5:29 pm
they should post Machine's comment as a desclaimer when you try to sign up for the forum...weed out the sissys....if you can take that then you can take anything.....i am scared not to go to the gym and give my all...i dont want Machine to kick my ass...i weigh 300 lbs and he can military press my ass....no thanks....
-B

Big Al
03-09-07, 5:44 pm
I just think about how hard the guy I have to stand next to on stage is training and I want to train harder.

Powerfreak
03-09-07, 5:46 pm

MACHINE

Hey Brother that was fuckin' great, could not have said it better myself.
Now...Get your skinny ass down here to the Naz and get some real training done! lol

Machine
03-09-07, 5:54 pm
It will be my honor and pleasure to get down to the Naz and bring my own shit to the mix...I cant fucking wait...we will have to kill something or some shit...I am going crazy...

MACHINE

G Diesel
03-09-07, 5:56 pm
It will be my honor and pleasure to get down to the Naz and bring my own shit to the mix...I cant fucking wait...we will have to kill something or some shit...I am going crazy...

MACHINE

Awww shit... Fuckin PA road trip. Peace, G

coolbrez4u
03-09-07, 5:57 pm
Machine is right!!! after a post like that who would dare argue. It wasn't even my thread and he has me more then motivated to get my ass in the gym tonight.

No more will... Dude assuming your nutrition is right, and you are getting enough sleep you shouldn't be having motivation problems. Someone else suggested your work out routine maybe getting stagnant. I'd suggest you take a week off, reevaluate your goals, your diet and routine. After a week, if you aren't ready to bust the locks off the doors to get in the gym then this game aint for you. Nothing wrong with that you're young you can find a new game something not as hard as the animal life. Perhaps sitting on the couch with a bag of chips, a soda and x-box is more for you. You're at the cross roads. Man up make a choice.

Ratch
03-09-07, 6:01 pm
Good post, Machine...motivated me a little!

What really motivates me? Watching other people give up. Watching other people quit. People that find out that the easy road has a dead end. The way I see it, the more people that quit, the more equipment is open for me to use and the smaller chance my supps might get back ordered online.

Maybe you should ask yourself "Why am I not getting stronger?" instead of "Why do I bother struggling?" It's going to be a struggle... weight=resistance, right? So, you can either suck it up and figure out what you need to change and get back to work, or fuck off and let someone else get a few more sets in while you're sittin' on the couch.

It's YOUR sweat, YOUR free time, YOUR energy...but above all, it's YOUR choice.

Mr.Totality
03-09-07, 7:05 pm
I already lifted today, and machine just motivated me. Hell I might have to head back

Hollow
03-09-07, 9:22 pm
bang on the nose! Less bitching, more lifting!

Hollow
03-09-07, 9:26 pm
Read Machine's answer to the following thread
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3890
Now that's motivation!

jeff00z28
03-09-07, 10:18 pm
the people i see everyday motivate me to lift because i dont want to be like them

peterpyper
03-09-07, 11:02 pm
o shit just got ur asshole tored up rofl

Secur1ty
03-10-07, 1:35 am

MACHINE

Fuck no it didnt "hurt my feelings"! You said what needed to be said. I read that and just smiled.... i think that alone remotivated me to to not give up hope. I never was gonna quit lifting, i was thinking of stoping for a week to figure out what i need to do to start gaining again... but never quit!

Im gonna go read some articles, and the animal training manual. That always motivates me to lift. Come monday, im gonna tear that weight room apart!

Thanx for the help everyone.

kyderz
03-10-07, 1:52 am
Fuck no it didnt "hurt my feelings"! You said what needed to be said. I read that and just smiled.... i think that alone remotivated me to to not give up hope. I never was gonna quit lifting, i was thinking of stoping for a week to figure out what i need to do to start gaining again... but never quit!

Im gonna go read some articles, and the animal training manual. That always motivates me to lift. Come monday, im gonna tear that weight room apart!

Thanx for the help everyone.

i still have a feeling you're putting on some sort of an act. you are trying to back yourself up cuz you've gone and said the wrong thing.

dont try to fool us, you're trying to fool yourself.

prove me wrong.

i have gone through a shitload of workout buddies cuz "it was too hard". THAT is what makes me wanna bust my ass.

OMEGA
03-10-07, 1:55 am
Thats why I call this place home. No where else on the net can you get your ass handed to you by so many passionate people, I love it . . .

Strongarm
03-10-07, 2:06 am
i still have a feeling you're putting on some sort of an act. you are trying to back yourself up cuz you've gone and said the wrong thing.

dont try to fool us, you're trying to fool yourself.

prove me wrong.

i have gone through a shitload of workout buddies cuz "it was too hard". THAT is what makes me wanna bust my ass.

i get the same feeling. bro, this is a solitary lifestyle. you have people to help you on the way, friends, family and such, but this aint no team effort. you wake up and you either eat those plain ass eggs and get your ass in the fuckin gym or you stuff your fat ass with those donuts and whine about how your life aint what you wanted. if you want it, take it. if you dont, this forum aint short on bros who do, we aint gonna miss ya.

get the fuck to work.

sjchris408
03-10-07, 2:07 am
Haha Machines so cool man. If thats not animal I dont know what the fuck is. Security: Wether you are serious or not is not my business, but don't worry about trying to prove anything to us, the one you need to prove it to is the man in the mirror. You only have one life to live, ONE, think about this. Are you going to live a life full of regrets or are you going to be the animal you are meant to be.

kyderz
03-10-07, 3:38 am
Haha Machines so cool man. If thats not animal I dont know what the fuck is. Security: Wether you are serious or not is not my business, but don't worry about trying to prove anything to us, the one you need to prove it to is the man in the mirror. You only have one life to live, ONE, think about this. Are you going to live a life full of regrets or are you going to be the animal you are meant to be.

i am definately agreeing with you chris.

now for my own comment.if you ask me, everyone is meant to be an animal. not necessarily all of the same type, but if you take the animal mentality and apply it to everything you do, you will no doubt excel. if you dont want to lift, dont fucking lift. if you do want to lift, then bust your fucking ass. i mean if i quit lifting and wanted to be a fucking matador or something, then id take the animal mentality with me. id wanna do my very best, and id want people to know that that job that was just done, it was done by me. because in me, there is no half-assing. you know. just a thought.

gnoll5
03-10-07, 9:14 am
o shit just got ur asshole tored up rofl

lol...oh man....lmao....

Secur1ty
03-10-07, 10:11 am
Security: Wether you are serious or not is not my business, but don't worry about trying to prove anything to us, the one you need to prove it to is the man in the mirror. You only have one life to live, ONE, think about this. Are you going to live a life full of regrets or are you going to be the animal you are meant to be.

I didnt think you guys would believe me... but your right, it dont matter if u do or not. All i kno is that come monday (when i have access to weights) im gonna turn up the Disturbed on my Ipod, tell my conditioning teacher to fuck off and that im gonna lift my way (not his way), and start working on my bench first... get that back up to a higher level than what it is now.

I'll give them ppl who doubt me in the wieght room something to think about. Give me one month, i'll post again showing everyone that what i said is what im gonna stick to. If proving people wrong isnt a good form of motivation, then idk wut is. But proving people wrong always motivates me to do good...

You guys still wanna bitch me out, thats fine with me... but all i gotta say is Thanks for doing it. Especially you Machine. You were so harsh that it really made me think of what i could do to fix this "problem" (if you wanna call it that anymore)

darkside64
03-10-07, 2:38 pm
if you guys are comin to PA please hit me up. I feel like Lou Ferrigno in Pumping Iron. There are no big guys in my gym at all.

Awww shit... Fuckin PA road trip. Peace, G

Rampage
03-10-07, 10:14 pm
bro go on youtube and search BB vidz.. theres some crazy mixs out there set to heavy tunes.. always does the trick... try it

eblnyc
03-11-07, 3:08 am
nobody on this forum wants to hear about you wanting to quit! just do it! you will never get anywhere in life with that attitude! machine should find you and smack you!

Secur1ty
03-11-07, 9:28 am
nobody on this forum wants to hear about you wanting to quit! just do it! you will never get anywhere in life with that attitude! machine should find you and smack you!

Whoa.... theres a common misconception here lol

I never said i was gonna quit, i just said that i had no motivation anymore and that i was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before and what did they do to gain that motivation back. I never planned on quitting in the first place, nor did i say i was gonna. If i gave you all that idea, then my bad...

But it should be ok.. i think as soon as i get my bench and shit back up to their normal levels and start seeing gains... then i'll be alright. I read some animal training articles for the first time yesterday, good stuff...

Mr.Totality
03-11-07, 9:30 am
Whoa.... theres a common misconception here lol

I never said i was gonna quit, i just said that i had no motivation anymore and that i was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before and what did they do to gain that motivation back. I never planned on quitting in the first place, nor did i say i was gonna. If i gave you all that idea, then my bad...

But it should be ok.. i think as soon as i get my bench and shit back up to their normal levels and start seeing gains... then i'll be alright. I read some animal training articles for the first time yesterday, good stuff...

ok a whole thread and people are still talking to you? You are 16 friggin years old, and you are talking about no motivation? What have you been doing lifting for all of 1 year? Stop the bull shit, stop being an attention whore, and either shutup and lift, or just get the fuck out of here. No reason to bitch and complain. If it isnt in you thats fine, stop wasting our time and space.

ghost
03-11-07, 12:01 pm
Ive lost my will to lift. Really im starting to dread going 2 weight lifting. Ive got no more passion or will anymore. Like im a strong kid, but for some reason my bench has fallen from 205 to 170... and i can barely curl 135 anymore. Everyone's tellin me that im gonna get injured for lifting too heavy, and whenever i try to lift light, i find out that i have pisspoor form and other shit.

Anyways, what do you guys do whenever you lose all motivation? I dont mean to sound like a bitch, but i lack motivation and want it back.

Dude, if you are lacking the will to lift...get the fuck outta my way and the way of every other member of this forvm. we know what we have to do every day. and we fucking do it.

stop searching for pity from your fellow lifters. not gonna fuckin get it here. if need be..go get another tampon from mommy.

to all the SERIOUS lifters out there...

Strength and Honor.

PJC
03-11-07, 12:25 pm
If looking in the mirror isn't motivation enough, shut the fuck up.

bovat
03-11-07, 1:14 pm
well for me i look at some other bodybuilders and say "i want to look like that" and that makes me want to lift. or look at some really hot girls and do it for them. music helps too. make sure that you get pumped and wanting to lift before you start, otherwise you just have a shitty workout. sometimes i spend like 20 minutes listening to music, or just thinking, then i am ready and have a pretty decent workout.

focused
03-11-07, 2:19 pm
well for me i look at some other bodybuilders and say "i want to look like that" and that makes me want to lift. or look at some really hot girls and do it for them. music helps too. make sure that you get pumped and wanting to lift before you start, otherwise you just have a shitty workout. sometimes i spend like 20 minutes listening to music, or just thinking, then i am ready and have a pretty decent workout.

k bro, hate to break this...but if you're doing this for girls....to get more attention from them or whatever it may be, you don't have the right mind set for this honestly. i think if if you're doing it for girls honestly this IS NOT the place for you.

stumblin54
03-11-07, 2:43 pm
It's true, this is definitely not about girls, and if it is then you need to reevaluate your shit. But on that note, does it piss anyone off as much as me when you see some hot girl (outside of the gym of course, I could give a less fuck what girls are doin' inside) with some skinny punk bitch guy? Maybe it's just me, but I hate that shit. Just thought I'd get that off my chest. Peace.

Stumblin

bovat
03-11-07, 2:48 pm
k bro, hate to break this...but if you're doing this for girls....to get more attention from them or whatever it may be, you don't have the right mind set for this honestly. i think if if you're doing it for girls honestly this IS NOT the place for you.

no its not like that, but come on, like it doesn't help you lift more, just a littler extra motivation.

bovat
03-11-07, 2:51 pm
Dude, if you are lacking the will to lift...get the fuck outta my way and the way of every other member of this forvm. we know what we have to do every day. and we fucking do it.

stop searching for pity from your fellow lifters. not gonna fuckin get it here. if need be..go get another tampon from mommy.

to all the SERIOUS lifters out there...

Strength and Honor.

whoa dude....don't make the kid cry. your right, but DAMN

focused
03-11-07, 2:58 pm
no its not like that, but come on, like it doesn't help you lift more, just a littler extra motivation.

It really doesn't, the girl i was dating just didnt get it. and you know all them "fine ass" girls are to high maintance. and will only bitch and complain about you not buying them shit, or giving them all the attention and time in the world. i mean, my goals are more important that some girl that doesnt understand what i love. you'll learn that soon enough

ghost
03-11-07, 3:52 pm
whoa dude....don't make the kid cry. your right, but DAMN

if i made him cry..then good..he needs a good hard kick in the ass.

Jaymafin
03-12-07, 9:16 am
I find it hard to believe that someone who can put up weight at 16 yo like the ones in mr secur1tys sig is having a hard time with motivation. lets be fucking realistic here and start looking at ourselves for what we really are. man the fuck up and shut up.

Far Beyond Driven
03-12-07, 3:44 pm
This thread is like a shark feeding frenzy you see on discovery channel. Kick ass.

bovat
03-12-07, 4:17 pm
It really doesn't, the girl i was dating just didnt get it. and you know all them "fine ass" girls are to high maintance. and will only bitch and complain about you not buying them shit, or giving them all the attention and time in the world. i mean, my goals are more important that some girl that doesnt understand what i love. you'll learn that soon enough

alright dude you win....whatever, helps me sometime.

Hauss
03-12-07, 4:41 pm
just do it for yourself man. get in there and make it hurt. PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY. and i truly belive that. Lift to better yourself, in this game of life you gotta be strong or you'll be kick around stepped on and shit on with your with your attitude and weak mind. you just need to grow up alittle.

Gas Can
03-12-07, 4:46 pm
rcrott1 you better shut your punk ass up i know sure as fuck if a regular forum member said go get a tampon that shit would be banned believe me rccott1 check yourself dont be an asshole the kid is fucking sixteen do you have anything better to do afterall your part of the special "legion" so brother you are the one who should go get a tampon because your acting like a women

ghost
03-12-07, 5:19 pm

MACHINE

rcrott1 you better shut your punk ass up i know sure as fuck if a regular forum member said go get a tampon that shit would be banned believe me rccott1 check yourself dont be an asshole the kid is fucking sixteen do you have anything better to do afterall your part of the special "legion" so brother you are the one who should go get a tampon because your acting like a women

Gas Can...maybe you havent read all of the other responses...because if you would, you would not be sittin here trying to single me out. I am not the only one that told that kid to get out if he has lost it....If you have a problem with me, PM me, dont try to call me out. Maybe you need to read the Forvm Rules kid.

Strength and Honor.

G Diesel
03-12-07, 5:29 pm

You're right, he is 16 and he needs guidance and a swift kick in the ass like we all did at that age for one reason or another. It is called "tough love" and has been administered here properly. Don't go calling anyone out or resort to that name calling shit, your words and opinion were valid but needed to be better focused... Going after a member of the legion is not a good way to hold down your spot. Peace, G

D-Bomb
03-12-07, 5:33 pm
what is all this bitchin an moaning? in the ANIMAL forum of all places? my god send me a plane ticket ill come train and motivate the livin hell outta anyone even if im not as strong or as huge. just dont give up lifting its the most powerful of tools for everything in your life, mentally,physically,emotionally. the thread starter should have thought more of his questions etc, because there is a difference between a "break" and giving up.

just re-evaluate, take a step back and think of your goals. Gunter Schlierkamp of all people is doing that right now, did poorly in the Mr.Olympia, has not reached his final goals and is re-evaluating but he is still going to be lifting. just understand lifting is a very demanding sport. if your not pushing out the same reps/weights you either not eating enough or not training " how you should for you"

ok i see in the thread starter's signature he has "goals" ok NOW find a WAY a fool proof WAY to get to those goals!

k1usa
03-12-07, 5:35 pm
At 16..well..what can ya say. When my son was 17...I took him to Zagrab Crotia...he trained with Jerome Le Banner...and went to Croatia to be in a K1 fighting event..and faught a 27 year old pro...and dam near knocked him out...at 17 to be on EuroSport TV...120 million watched...and over 18,000 at the event center...he was on fire....when he was asked at the press conference with Mike Bernardo...Stefon Leko...Dewey Cooper...."what its like to be with all these pro's...what can you do to keep up to them in the ring" his answer....at just 17...." Im here to fight...sure Im scared a bit...but the guy from Rome Im fighting...well....he will feel the pain...this I can tell you...anything can happen...but Ill do my best not to get pounded and to hand out some pain...we'll see" At just 17 he was ready to take on the world....funny thing...back stage...he did reem me one for not finding him a younger fighter...but as I told him at the last minutes before he took the stage....I told him it was my call...I got him the older guy and ..there is no friendly fight here...you are 225 lbs...hit like a fucking animal...just get in there and give the fucker a piece of you mind...and let him know...its all about the pain."...he did...and tore him up pretty good until he dislocated his shoulder...he was kicking his ass pretty good. Point is...at just 17 dude....was training in martial arts since he was 5 1/2......so...when you loose your motivation...look in the mirror....grab your fucking work out bag and get to the gym...like your fucking life depended on it. If it were a some young cookie...some piece of ass...you would be there in a heart beat...so...even if its not the gym...just get your ass out of the house...do something good for yourself...and if not...for someone elce.......dont give up buddy...shit...Im fucking 53 and from the sounds of it could punish your ass in the gym...dont be outdone by the old guy here....get going...quite belly acheing....and fucking hit the gym.......

D-Bomb
03-12-07, 5:40 pm
^^ woah im proud of your son and safely say he could probably whip my ass :D i would be proud to be his father.
he has that animal instinct clearly with NO FEAR...i found my animal mentality again by understanding why im in this game, now im in it and in it for life. and shit hearing MACHINE's words there, they ring damn true, id rather be the only one in the whole damn gym working my ass off than having to share a movable bench with some person who does not lift correctly or with a fire in their eyes.

anyway i dont succumb to the typical lifestyle of others i find it putrid to be brutally honest. you must have some kind of DRIVE from within, dont you want to be huge? ripped? bleedin out an excess of perfection and oozing out a mentality of pure "fuck you" attitude while being humble in person? jees ill subscribe to that.

k1usa
03-12-07, 5:45 pm
Good to hear from you my brother from the other down under....Machine hit it good....love that thread..makes me want to get back to the gym right now...but just did my 10 am...and will hit it again tonight at 7pm.....My son is taking some time off...to party...play and find himself after all he has done in his young life. I have traveled with him for almost 14 years...watched him every step of the way...and miss thoes days for sure bro...but its all good....life moves on...and now...its my turn....Im the one lookin in the mirror and saying...I M..

good th hear from you...be well my good brother in iron....you are a good friend

Cheko
03-12-07, 5:58 pm
Def: "a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire"

Did the orignal post "Anger" you... You bet it Angered me...

ghost
03-12-07, 8:02 pm
You're right, he is 16 and he needs guidance and a swift kick in the ass like we all did at that age for one reason or another. It is called "tough love" and has been administered here properly. Don't go calling anyone out or resort to that name calling shit, your words and opinion were valid but needed to be better focused... Going after a member of the legion is not a good way to hold down your spot. Peace, G

Thanks for the support G and D....much appreciated. Tough love is what kept my ass in the life...and it is what we all need at times.

Preston
03-13-07, 6:51 am
if i made him cry..then good..he needs a good hard kick in the ass.

hahaha fuck ya rcrott1, FUCK YA! Too many of these wanna be's around here who won't put in the fucking effort that we do day in day out. They won't eat the amount of eggs they're supposed to be, they won't do 500 situps with a 25 above your head, they won't WANT to squat. Yeah, well fuck them and they're brainwashed ways of life. Get the fuck outta my way dawg, plus, you'd take up too much room in my gym, my home.

-Preston.

dtrain
03-13-07, 7:27 am
H ha ha ha ha good shit bro ha ha ha . I needed that laughg so much. Tell him dog I hate to see people unmotivated. There is so much here about motivation. Bro you are goig to heree this about 5000 times once from every member here. MAchine said it best bro do something else. I think I will quote HAWK who said it real good what about the people who can not lift who are in a hospiteal be for the rest of the life they live. they wish they could lift bro you gotta make a choice right now and do not bullshit a bullshitter bro we all can tell where you stand. prove us wrong.... prove us wrong.

hjayss
03-13-07, 7:55 am
You get board nothing to dod so you post crap like this I am not mad at you for one reason because machine, and rcott posted some stuff that made me laugh revoke his gym pass... How in the hell do you get off first of all not using the search option......then posting a waste of time like this..Youo got guys here who serve our country still get in the gym, construction workers who lift after work, policeman, firefighter, garbage men the there is the lovely ladies who bust there ass in the gym like our lovely ladies here at the forum, wink..wink...toni...mitssie...bombshell etc.. come on put take your pamper off suck it up or go play red light green light or something. TOUGH LOVE OR NO LOVE YOU DECIDE....

tekky
04-17-07, 11:58 pm
hey brothers, i'm just getting back from the gym now and i got a great motivating story. While working out at my gym, just getting done with my workout i'm getting ready to leave, sweat soaking my shirt, that look of accomplishment in my eyes and i overhear some other guys working out and mumbling to each other. Do any of you other brothers ever get the feeling like they are setting goals and accomplishing them but you're the only one who sees them? well today as i was leaving the gym i thought today was just another one of those days, but to my surprise what the other guy said was, shit, someone was working out hard today, i wish i had that intensity. thats when i realized i wasn't the only one who was noticing my hard work, intensity and accomplishments. brothers stay strong, keep on the right path with intensity and motivation and you will accomplish your goals. peace

-tekky

dIdDy
04-18-07, 5:08 am
hey brothers, i'm just getting back from the gym now and i got a great motivating story. While working out at my gym, just getting done with my workout i'm getting ready to leave, sweat soaking my shirt, that look of accomplishment in my eyes and i overhear some other guys working out and mumbling to each other. Do any of you other brothers ever get the feeling like they are setting goals and accomplishing them but you're the only one who sees them? well today as i was leaving the gym i thought today was just another one of those days, but to my surprise what the other guy said was, shit, someone was working out hard today, i wish i had that intensity. thats when i realized i wasn't the only one who was noticing my hard work, intensity and accomplishments. brothers stay strong, keep on the right path with intensity and motivation and you will accomplish your goals. peace

-tekky

congrats bro. just 3 days ago i was in the gym doing my squats and there were just 2 other dudes in there bs'n and i was going ATG as usual. I will admit, I take ATG to a whole new level, and the one guy was like "man, he get'n low as hell on dem squats" the other dude was like "yeah, he is"

while it felt good to be noticed or whatever, it was sort of distracting so I threw on my noise proof headphones and busted out my widow maker set (20reps) ATG....I could feel their eyes on me every rep...

Diesel454
04-20-07, 12:09 pm
congrats bro. just 3 days ago i was in the gym doing my squats and there were just 2 other dudes in there bs'n and i was going ATG as usual. I will admit, I take ATG to a whole new level, and the one guy was like "man, he get'n low as hell on dem squats" the other dude was like "yeah, he is"

while it felt good to be noticed or whatever, it was sort of distracting so I threw on my noise proof headphones and busted out my widow maker set (20reps) ATG....I could feel their eyes on me every rep...

I know what you mean with the eyes on you every rep. When I squat at my college's weight room I can too feel the eyes on me each rep. It's like no one has ever seen anyone squat to parallel before, especially not for 10 reps

Hauss
04-20-07, 1:00 pm
HAWK you speak great advice it's to bad people can't look passed the point of someone telling them what to do. I mean isn't that why this post was started anyways?

Ricky P
04-21-07, 11:50 pm
The words "satisfied" and "content" are no longer part of my vocabulary. Words such as "drive", "desire", and "determination" dominate my vocabulary as well as my daily thought. To become satisfied or content is to become weak, for the moment that I become satisfied with my size or content with the weight I'm moving I become just like the rest of 'em, blending into the ever widening pool of normality. I will be unable to achieve greatness for I will lack the drive, desire, and determination necessary for success. All my life I've always wanted to be the best; it didn't matter what I was doing, I wanted to be at the top. Sometimes I was, most of the time I wasn't, but I didn't dwell on my failures and shortcoming, I learned from my mistakes so that the next time I was bigger, faster, strong. Don't let anything or anyone come in the way between you and your goals. Don't settle for good, strive for greatness and live life to the fullest, cuz we've only got one chance to do it brothers. Dream it and you will achieve it. Never be satisfied, never be content.

Pretty serious post. I love it. I can't agree with you more pretty much on every single word that you said. I feel the same way and I love where your head's at. Keep that attitude goin' brother, as I will do the same.

Great White
08-31-07, 4:12 pm
Before i get into the gym and start my workout for the day i need to get some motivation in me. Ya know a little extra fire to keep wanting more. The things that get me jacked up are hardcore/hard rock/heavy metal music, coming on this website and knowing im not the only one out there, and watching some inspirational movies like "the program". But i can only fool my mind for so long that it starts to realize what im doing, and just like when i plateau with my lifts and i have to go from another angle; i have to do the same with my mind. So i want to know what you guys do to get yourself jacked up and really motivated for a lift

ShaqFu
08-31-07, 4:23 pm
First thing for me is the fucking music. Metallica (for whom the bell tolls), and hey what the fuck, maybe even a little techno, some energy to get my adrenaline flowing.

But for me, every day before I lift, I think about what I used to be. A little fat kid who got shit on by his peers, and then I look at what I have become, a man who challenges fear, seeks out adversity, and grows through pain and suffering. This is not arrogance, but confidence and assertivness; I marvel at what I have become and what I am still attempting to become, and I feel sorry for those who don't see the world the way I do and think the way I think because the life we live is as rewarding as it is challenging. My motivation? My motivation is the self-realiztion that I have what it takes to challenge the high road and push my self harder than the day before.

k1usa
08-31-07, 5:24 pm
for me...music..well....I dont have an ipod....but listen to the shit at the gym...its all shit..but in side my hart...in my soul..its my fucken beast....all the pain....the beast holds all the bad memories..the sadness...the pain in my life...so in the gym...when I get jacked...I go to war with my beast...I fucken brutalize him...I hate him...I feed him pain...and murder his will to take me for granted....he is my other side..my dark soul and house of pain...I ream his ass every day in the gym...thats what I do.......to stay jacked up.....and its also the image in the mirror...

Shark
08-31-07, 10:16 pm
I don't know if this video has been posted on this site yet. I looked but couldn't find it. In a sea of bodybuilding clips online this is one insanly motivating clip. It has Wrath in it so I can only assume the editor is a member here. In which case this video may have been posted in here, so yeah, sorry in advance if it is.

I checked this video out before my back workout today. I haven't hit the gym in a few weeks because of moving and school so I have been feeling weak. Needless to say this vid got me pumped. I downloaded the song from it and hit the gym and tore that shit up. One of the best back days yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8I7h52ySqc

The song is: Red- Breathe into me.

Maccabee
09-01-07, 8:14 pm
Nice...good stuff brother.

bakedkevin
09-01-07, 8:22 pm
Tomorrow is back and biceps - I'm psyched now, I can't wait!

Far Beyond Driven
09-02-07, 8:59 am
That's a good one

darkside64
09-02-07, 10:41 am
arnold in that last scene with that funny lookin cig in his had. LOL. Jay Cutler looks like a pocket hercules. I swear you can get much more muscle at that height. Judas.

simpleguy
09-02-07, 2:50 pm
can't wait for next workout, I got my mind on this one now

Toni69
09-02-07, 3:43 pm
Excellent Vid..I love this! Im dying to train..like right now!

LUCEE
10-17-07, 1:34 pm
I gotta admit that this weekend i slacked a bit and went out and had some drinks with some buddies i have not seen in a while. I honestly have lost some focus. I do enjoy going out...i guess i am trying to find a balance with things....or something. F me man. I just don't wanna become a hermit. This is harder than i thought. I need some advice...

brandonA
10-17-07, 1:43 pm
I gotta admit that this weekend i slacked a bit and went out and had some drinks with some buddies i have not seen in a while. I honestly have lost some focus. I do enjoy going out...i guess i am trying to find a balance with things....or something. F me man. I just don't wanna become a hermit. This is harder than i thought. I need some advice...

Dont be so damn hard on yourself...just find the balance that you need, write down your goals and decide what is most important for YOU...As long as you are not getting sloppy, fall odwn drunk every night, then a few wont kill you..Write down your goals, tape them to your mirror, get it done....

-B

LUCEE
10-17-07, 1:48 pm
yeah...i have always been hard on myself....thanx

ghost
10-17-07, 1:50 pm
look dude, shit happens. we all make mistakes. you own up to it, and you recognize the mistake, and you move on with your life. fix the issue...isnt that hard,

Hoffdogg
10-17-07, 5:16 pm
My brothers nailed it, move on man. We all are going to succomb to those temptations there are just so many out there. Just don't make it a regular habit. Enjoy it, then take care of business the next day. Picture what you want, write down your goals...stay strong.

Chin
10-17-07, 5:52 pm
This too happened to me just yesterday... Its not about how bad the slip up is... its how you react to it afterwards...

After I got up... the first thing I heard was this song... and it hit me... like a train... I need to get back into the gym...

The song was Disturbed - I'm Alive

The lyrics go something like....

The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away
There will never be a reason why I will surrender to your advice
To change myself, I'd rather die
Though they will not understand
I will make the greatest sacrifice
You can't predict where the outcome lies
You'll never take me alive

I couldn't get it out of my head I took the words so literally... I was so focused... blasting through my sets in the gym... people were actually concerned for my health because I was so pumped I had veins coming out of everywhere...

Chin

loiacanoa
10-17-07, 5:52 pm

Gotta work hard to be able to play. Dont be so hard on yourself man. If your working hard during the week, you could reward yourself on the weekend. I think it can help from getting burnt from the everyday ordeal.

Riesjs
10-17-07, 6:09 pm
man, its like your diet, sometimes its a quick binge, just make sure that that is all it is...you will bounce back, just gotta keep your head right

Maccabee
10-17-07, 6:23 pm
You just got to have self control. Just say NO. I am going to a party this saturday, and I am gonna be offered loads of shots. I aint having nuthing but whey and water lol. I am gonna even bring a meal with me...fuckin chicken cutlets lol. Dont think about this to much. Just start fresh again. Fight back always.

Sir J-Werk
10-17-07, 6:48 pm
There is nothing wrong with having a social life and going out with friends. There is nothing wrong with having a drink or two every great once in a while either (if you are of age and be responsible about it, please.). It's not a mistake, it's being human. I sure the hell don't want to turn into a troll and do nothing but waste away in my house, but I don't need to be a social whore either and surround myself with big talkers and bullshit walkers.

BE STRONG IN THE MIND. Only you know what YOU need to get done from sun up to sundown. Only you know how YOU are going to deal with the freaks when they come out at night and YOU are the only one that has to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning.

I know that's a lot of presure but you should be able to deal with that kind of weight on your shoulders by now, right Animal?

Stay Strong, stay Focused, stay Animal!
Respect.

Cstlfx
10-17-07, 7:03 pm
Dude, thats not slipping, thats just giving some ease. Once in a great while its perfectly fine. Theres no harm in that. Slipping is when you start to do it more and more, but I doubt you'd let that happen. Have fun every now and then, but know the next day you still have to go and hit the iron.

billmd1334
10-17-07, 7:04 pm
There is nothing wrong with having a social life and going out with friends. There is nothing wrong with having a drink or two every great once in a while either (if you are of age and be responsible about it, please.). It's not a mistake, it's being human. I sure the hell don't want to turn into a troll and do nothing but waste away in my house, but I don't need to be a social whore either and surround myself with big talkers and bullshit walkers.

BE STRONG IN THE MIND. Only you know what YOU need to get done from sun up to sundown. Only you know how YOU are going to deal with the freaks when they come out at night and YOU are the only one that has to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning.

I know that's a lot of presure but you should be able to deal with that kind of weight on your shoulders by now, right Animal?

Stay Strong, stay Focused, stay Animal!
Respect.

Couldn't have put that any better myself... you can go out and enjoy life and keep in shape at the same time. You don't have to drink like a fish to have a good time. I go out with my friends from time to time, just to hang out, watch football at a sports bar or whatever, they don't push me to drink because they understand what I'm doing... if you're going out with real friends, they will let you do your thing... no questions asked.

Merouria
10-18-07, 9:21 am
Ok guy's so here it is. I have been lucky enough to have what i consider the best possible training partner for helping me and pushing me for approaching one year now and we have move mountains together. In our workout yesterday the whining was unreal, 'my hands hurt' 'i don't feel right' etc ... nothing i could say would lift his spirits and get him going. A nice big slap in the face you say? I hear ya but to be honest he might have took it the wrong way. Point being even on the shittest day i have i always find fuel in my mind to throw that iron around. Whether it be thinking of the many people less fortunate or keeping in mind the long term goal (which is to compete) ... lifting those plates seems so easy. Thanks brothers.

ghost
10-18-07, 11:39 am
Ok guy's so here it is. I have been lucky enough to have what i consider the best possible training partner for helping me and pushing me for approaching one year now and we have move mountains together. In our workout yesterday the whining was unreal, 'my hands hurt' 'i don't feel right' etc ... nothing i could say would lift his spirits and get him going. A nice big slap in the face you say? I hear ya but to be honest he might have took it the wrong way. Point being even on the shittest day i have i always find fuel in my mind to throw that iron around. Whether it be thinking of the many people less fortunate or keeping in mind the long term goal (which is to compete) ... lifting those plates seems so easy. Thanks brothers.

be honest with him.

tell him that you arent going to lift with him anymore. tell him that if he doesnt get his head out of his ass and fucking move, then he should Give up.

the bitching about his hand hurting.................i was lifting after my 4 hand surgeries...and after they REMOVED 2 FINGERS, i was still lifting...and pressing harder than ever before.

tell him to stop being a bitch.

Pizzalamp
10-18-07, 4:17 pm
i guess we all have bad days
hope the next workout goes better

Tron
10-18-07, 9:54 pm
Is it an every workout occurrence that he complains? If so, why not get a new partner or do what I do.... Hit the road alone...

bigrhino
10-19-07, 1:12 am
cut the guy a break. he was probably having a shitty day. only he knows what is going on in his head. you have a much better idea than any of us.

have you ever had a day when you just aren't feeling like a freight train? just sit down with him next time if it happens again. talk it out. not a guy you want to lose.

spanish.iron
10-19-07, 2:38 am
there's times when something's definitely up... but then there's days where a partner can indeed be a bitch! One day my training partner was fuckin around so much on lunges... horrible form. He looked like the laziest fat ass in the joint. I went over and told him straight up, "if you aren't gunna lift it like you mean it then don't bother. Just sit there because otherwise your wasting your fucking time." The look on his face was like I smashed the windshield on his car. But, after that and a moment of him sittin on the bench thinking to himself, I saw him pump out the most solid sets of the whole workout. Exactly the ass kicking he needed. I expect my partner to do the same when he knows I'm not giving 100%

IRN-NML
10-19-07, 6:33 am

If he's been that much help for you don't write him off; especially if he's still showing up. How long since either of you last took a break from lifting. He could have a low grade bug or some other crap he doesn't care to go into. Ask him what's wrong with the hand.

If he can't get into his own training session even if you've tried to get him fired up but he's spotting you etc., take it & thank him. Could be a slump he needs to dig out on his own but as long as he's in your corner, that's good.

eblnyc
10-19-07, 7:38 am
i personally train alone so i don't have to deal with those problems...but give him a chance for now if his shit continues find someone else or do the solo thing...

Mr. Thursday Night
10-19-07, 9:57 am
Everyone hits a wall from time to time; don't give up on your partner.

DreamZero
10-19-07, 6:15 pm
Everyone hits a wall from time to time; don't give up on your partner.

I agree.. but some people just can't stand this life, and sometimes we have to let them go.. Give him a couple of weeks and if after that he can't get a fucking grip on his life.. do what you have to.

jeff00z28
10-19-07, 9:01 pm
when I go to the gym i just tell them im going and its a come if u want kind of things. If some1 is supposed to show up at the gym and they decide to go out for pizza or sit in a bar then its their loss. I train equally hard alone, or with other people so i just think if it as a show up if u want kind of thing

WeeMan
12-12-07, 3:33 pm
One of the guys at my work is a professional soccer coach! i told him i had been missing a couple of days training and that i just coulden't be arsed but really needed to stay regular, he gave me this advice: "note all your training days on ur calendar, and if you miss one write in the space for that day 'i am a failure' ".

i havent done it yet bcos basicly i dnt have a calendar. what a piece of advice tho eh!

k1usa
12-12-07, 3:35 pm
funny enough bro....but lets face it...sometimes things happen and we miss a day or two....its live...all part of the balance......but this is a funny way of noting a missed day....

Young&Hungry
01-15-08, 6:44 pm
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/notarabian/Lowering_the_flag_on_Zuikaku.jpg

In October 1944 [the Zuikaku] was the flagship of Admiral Jisaburo Ozawa's decoy Northern Force in Operation Shō-1. On 24 October 1944 she took part in the battle off Cape Engaño. She launched her remaining aircraft in an ineffective strike against the U.S. Third Fleet: most were shot down by the American covering patrols, but a few stragglers made it safely to Luzon. Then she came under heavy air attack and was hit by seven torpedoes and nine bombs. With Zuikaku listing heavily to port, Ozawa shifted his flag to Ōyodo. The order to abandon ship was issued at 13:58 and the flag was struck. The crew reported to the deck under heavy enemy fire and saluted the Imperial Japanese flag for a final time, as the Zuikaku rolled over and sank at 14:14, taking Rear Admiral Kaizuka Takeo and 842 men with her.

k1usa
01-15-08, 7:14 pm
what an amazing photo..and amazing men that went down with the ship...I think that war was what determined what this world is now..consider the two stronges allies we have we were at war with...crazy shit...but this photo left me humbel...and honoring these brave sailors....this is as brave as one can be.....amazing stuff

Freakshow
01-15-08, 7:19 pm
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/notarabian/Lowering_the_flag_on_Zuikaku.jpg

Wow, that is truly and inspirational photo and quote.

Smitty578
02-12-08, 9:59 pm
I screwed up my shoulder and couldnt do any upperbody lifting for about a month. Now that I'm healthy, I need some motivation to get back into lifting hardcore. I don't want yall to think I'm a pussy, but after a month of only two leg workout days a weeks with cardio every other day, its real hard getting back into 5 days a week. Anyone got any suggestions for motivation?
And please don't come in here calling me a pussy or not a true animal, because it's harder than u think breaking a schedule, forming a new one, then trying to get back into the old one.

Lowdown5
02-12-08, 10:05 pm
I know you are looking for someone to come in here and light a fire under your ass and get you back into the gym. And we can say alot of things but the true fire you need is inside you. Just have to find it, motivate yourself and get back in there and fall in love with it all over again. You can do it Bro, but you have to do it.

Smitty578
02-12-08, 10:11 pm
thx bro i think thats exactly wut i needed, i just needed to hear it from someone else besides that little voice in my head

Lowdown5
02-12-08, 10:15 pm
thx bro i think thats exactly wut i needed, i just needed to hear it from someone else besides that little voice in my head

Bro, you can do this, I have 100% faith in that. Motivation comes from within. If you need any help you let me know, PM me or whatever. Just get your ass back in the gym, you can do it!

Polish Prince
02-12-08, 11:57 pm
just go to livin and read some of the articles man, if that shit doesnt inspire you i dont know what will

Pizzalamp
02-13-08, 12:01 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7C2z2RZgzw

Battle for the Olympia 2005-this always pumps me up

Chin
02-13-08, 1:21 am
I screwed up my shoulder and couldnt do any upperbody lifting for about a month. Now that I'm healthy, I need some motivation to get back into lifting hardcore. I don't want yall to think I'm a pussy, but after a month of only two leg workout days a weeks with cardio every other day, its real hard getting back into 5 days a week. Anyone got any suggestions for motivation?
And please don't come in here calling me a pussy or not a true animal, because it's harder than u think breaking a schedule, forming a new one, then trying to get back into the old one.

Honestly, its up to you.. I broke my collarbone and I was stuck doing leg work outs for 1.5 years... I never lost my game... I just read articles from Schlak, Machine and G Diesel. It put me in the right mind set... the minute I got my AOM.. the hobby turned into the game.

Chin

SQUAT or DIE!
02-13-08, 1:37 am
motivation... well i dunno if i can help you there you gotta motivate yourself...

BUT i will say that i had surgery almost 15 weeks ago, and im having another in a month, and i haven't done a chest day since september! and yet today i was there in the gym and i decided i wanted to do a bit of DB bench, nothing special just some 45's, and some flat bench @110 after all i am still recovering and not supposed to do any "heavy" lifting til august.. to get back to a chest day was a great feeling, chest burning cause it seems like forever since ive done one and it will be forever til i do another, but for like 10 min i was on top of the world.. and it gave me motivation to get ready for my surgery and know that when i come out of it ill have almost a year of mental prep to back me when i rebuild.. still debating on a bench shirt after all is said and done..

ghost
02-13-08, 7:56 am
Dude, i will not hold your hand, nor will i tell you everything is going to be alright. because quite frankly, it isnt. this life is hard, we have our ups and downs. people on here know how i feel when it comes to motivation... if you are on this site and are still not motivated, then you need to open your eyes and read.

Testpolska
02-13-08, 8:13 am
Make sure the choice you make is being made for the right reasons. If your not in 100 percent then back out now and don't waste your time. But if your willing to bleed, Then join the ranks.

BB
12-04-08, 4:28 pm
Normally i dont seem to have any trouble waking up in the morning but recently with finals and studying at night i find myslef hitting that "snooze" button wya to much...how do you guys keep yourself motivated to wake up in the morning.

Rida4life
12-04-08, 7:44 pm
I'm lovin this thread!... I guess i can throw my story in now.

Throughout my years I've tried many of things from skateboarding, BMXing, and I thought i finally found my passion on the football field. After 2yrs of college ball I realized that it wasn't wat i wanted for my life, so i joined the military... Picking up weight lifting from high school and college brought me to where i am today. Now that I look back i have been doing wat i loved for years and it was right under my noise. Bodybuilding then became my all time high above any and everything. I even leave the squadron early because of this non-stop clinging in my head from the IRON calling my name! The sweat, the pain, the feeling of my body about to explode is one that can never be replaced. If your a real ANIMAL you will know it because everyday every second you are reminded what you love and wat your bussing your ass for. From waking up and that fresh protein shake with a side of 6 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal to jus plain chicken breast, Animal pak, and the non-stop water in your hands...

I'm motivated from jus waking up into this lifestyle and knowing the day will bring PAIN and GAINS!!

stay up bros!

Firedrake
12-04-08, 7:46 pm
I'm lovin this thread!... I guess i can throw my story in now.

Throughout my years I've tried many of things from skateboarding, BMXing, and I thought i finally found my passion on the football field. After 2yrs of college ball I realized that it wasn't wat i wanted for my life, so i joined the military... Picking up weight lifting from high school and college brought me to where i am today. Now that I look back i have been doing wat i loved for years and it was right under my noise. Bodybuilding then became my all time high above any and everything. I even leave the squadron early because of this non-stop clinging in my head from the IRON calling my name! The sweat, the pain, the feeling of my body about to explode is one that can never be replaced. If your a real ANIMAL you will know it because everyday every second you are reminded what you love and wat your bussing your ass for. From waking up and that fresh protein shake with a side of 6 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal to jus plain chicken breast, Animal pak, and the non-stop water in your hands...

I'm motivated from jus waking up into this lifestyle and knowing the day will bring PAIN and GAINS!!

stay up bros!

Very nicely said, bro! People who don't have the iron bug don't get it. I nearly went bugf*ck crazy in the two years I had to be out of the gym due to a back injury and major surgery. I've been back in the gym a little over 3 months now, and it feels SO damn good!

Rida4life
12-04-08, 7:54 pm
Normally i dont seem to have any trouble waking up in the morning but recently with finals and studying at night i find myslef hitting that "snooze" button wya to much...how do you guys keep yourself motivated to wake up in the morning.

Bro beleave I hit the snooze every once in awhile too just to get that extra 15min of sleep, but during those 15mins I'm really not sleep and start to think about how I need to get that shake in my system before all of my hard work goes to shit!...

Thats wat motivates me to get the fuck up!......LOL

Rida4life
12-04-08, 7:56 pm
Very nicely said, bro! People who don't have the iron bug don't get it. I nearly went bugf*ck crazy in the two years I had to be out of the gym due to a back injury and major surgery. I've been back in the gym a little over 3 months now, and it feels SO damn good!

Thx bro! yea i know that feeling.. I got in a bad motorcycle accident and was out of the game for 7 months recovering..

I don't even want to think about 2yrs...

Glad your back in it tho.

Cellerator65
12-04-08, 8:01 pm
sacrifice, if you want it bad enough... you'll do whatever it takes.

TheDukeUSMC
12-05-08, 11:49 am
When you're not training your competition is.

"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
-- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

Muhammad Ali

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.

Muhammad Ali

"Whatever luck I had, I made. I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues in sweat and concentration and took the time necessary to learn karate and become world champion."

Chuck Norris

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

-Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Machine
12-05-08, 12:11 pm
I am going to get in your heads for a minute, forgive me if I am blunt. Motivation...what does that mean to you? Is it inspiration...or direction that people seek when they speak of motivation? You ever hear someone drone on about a particular problem they were having at some point? Or maybe you noticed that some people, when pressed about their course of action, they say " I don't know what I'm going to do?"

BULLSHIT!!!

Everone knows exactly what they are going to do. Think about it the next time you are about to say that when someone asks you, " well, what are you going to do?" You know exactly what you are going to do...because you know who you are! You know whether you are going to fight...fuck...or hit the fence! I'm not talking about the mask you put on for everybody else to see...no...I'm talking about that voice in your head. The voice that says, " fuck it...I'll train calves tomorrow." Or, " I'm good...I don't need another set." You know exactly what you are going to do well before you actually arrive at decision making time. Let's not fucking bullshit eachother here. My point is simply this: motivation must be, on some level, a question. And if it is a question...I submit that all of you motherfuckers already know the answer. You know if your a soft hearted pussy, you know if your afraid...if you've bitten off more than you can chew, and you know whether or not you will turn into a track star when the shit gets thick. So, again, If motivation is the question...you already know the answer...It's not something you derive from outside sources...your very existance should be motivation enough for you to acheive an acceptable outcome.

simpleguy
12-05-08, 12:39 pm
I am going to get in your heads for a minute, forgive me if I am blunt. Motivation...what does that mean to you? Is it inspiration...or direction that people seek when they speak of motivation? You ever hear someone drone on about a particular problem they were having at some point? Or maybe you noticed that some people, when pressed about their course of action, they say " I don't know what I'm going to do?"

BULLSHIT!!!

Everone knows exactly what they are going to do. Think about it the next time you are about to say that when someone asks you, " well, what are you going to do?" You know exactly what you are going to do...because you know who you are! You know whether you are going to fight...fuck...or hit the fence! I'm not talking about the mask you put on for everybody else to see...no...I'm talking about that voice in your head. The voice that says, " fuck it...I'll train calves tomorrow." Or, " I'm good...I don't need another set." You know exactly what you are going to do well before you actually arrive at decision making time. Let's not fucking bullshit eachother here. My point is simply this: motivation must be, on some level, a question. And if it is a question...I submit that all of you motherfuckers already know the answer. You know if your a soft hearted pussy, you know if your afraid...if you've bitten off more than you can chew, and you know whether or not you will turn into a track star when the shit gets thick. So, again, If motivation is the question...you already know the answer...It's not something you derive from outside sources...your very existance should be motivation enough for you to acheive an acceptable outcome.

good post machine... your last 2 entries in your diary life is a freakshow have meant so much to me, I mean it's exactly as you say it... we do think to ourselves about desire, perseverence, but at times that's not enough...

today for instance I was doing legs and on the lest set of squats even the first ones were tedious but I just repeated to myself 'execution'... that moment is worth more then all the money in the world... what I felt is something like 'your opinion doesn't matter, you just do this'... the next squats - I couldn't even tell whether they were hard or not... I wasn't even thinking of that... I only cared about doing them... at that time, failure doesn't even pass your mind... your only mission is to execute the task at hand

so Machine thanks a ton for lighting my fire to stay on track with training and diet

Fury317
12-07-08, 10:59 am

BULLSHIT!!!

Amen brother.

Those voices rang in my head yesterday morning. After getting 3 hours of sleep Friday night (insomnia coupled with obnoxious drunks outside coupled with aching quads from the day before...) I dragged my ass out of bed at 8am to eat my eggs and oats, the whole time thinking "shit I could hit arms tomorrow and just go back to bed for 2 hours", that thought was in my head the whole time I was eating. That noisy little mother fucker telling me to quit, telling me to get a couple more hours before my 8 hour workshift at 1pm....Fuck that! I threw on some clothes, packed my bag and was off to the gym at 9am. Ended up getting a great workout, pushed myself even harder because I know what I want. Walking home in a sweaty t shirt with a hoody on in the snow, I thought to myself, damn Im glad I did this. Call me crazy, go ahead and question my sanity, but dont ever question my commitment.

What Im trying pointing out is that what Machine is saying, and what Wrath says in his Journey entries isn't bullshit. Struggles arent something that only pro's have to deal with or whatever. Everyone has shitty times. You're not always going to get dealt the cards you want. Obstacles are going to get in your way. Some of these will be out of your control. You have to deteremine what kind of man you are, adn what kind of man you want to be. What it comes down to is, how bad do you want it? In my case, I wanted to be a big mother fucker more than I wanted those extra hours of sleep. Ive determined who I am and who I want to be, have you?

Danb21
12-19-08, 6:08 am
A couple years ago I was depressed as shit about a whole lot of things. I never saw room for improvement, and was losing hope. Started lifting weights, but really didn't see much out of it but it gave me something to do. I was around 160-170 lbs when I started this training with a close buddy of mine. When I looked around at all the people around me and saw how much stronger they were then me even if they never really lifted and I did, it made me think how the f*ck am I so weak??

Time went by, and the scale hardly moved. My strength moved up a little bit, but I was still extremely weak for my weight at the time. I'm not sure if it effects my workouts, but I was born with something called pectus excavatum, which basically is an indentation in the chest which can be pretty deep, in my case it is pretty evident. That got to my head a lot, especially when striving to look like the guys in the magazines I saw and just anyone with a decent physique in genereal. I was constantly contemplating surgery for years, but never thought it was the sure fire thing to do. I just lived with it.

Over the time spent working out in my buddys basement I didn't make the gains I really wished for. I took the next step and signed up at a gym about 15 minutes from my place. Intimidation came over me when I first walked in those doors. Although I felt like a total pussy at first, being around all these guys who were bigger and stronger was motivating. I finally started moving some weight, and was seeing some increases in size. I was busting my ass more then any of my friends at the time, but they were still stronger then me and that ate at me all the time. Some comments I remember is this one kid saying "Drinking those shakes are pointless", and a girl saying to me after I told her one day I will look like that (pointing to a bodybuilder in a magazine) saying " You have a long way to go". In my mind I knew I can do it, so the comments made me push harder.

I ignored the people who said it was pointless, my chest problem that made me insane to think about at times, the people who doubted me, and must of all I got rid of that depression that hit me hard for a while. When I started I was repping the bar, now my best is 250 x 3. When I started deadlifting I was doing 115, now I did 455 x 3 with no straps or anything, and for squats I went from doing shitty reps of 135 and stuff like that to ATG reps with 275 or a little more at 6'4. Also, I use to always think wow if I curled 100 lbs that would be nuts. I can get 135 for 6 now, and have done 145 x 4. Lifting basically saved my life, and my overall weight went from 170 to 230+ in these years. I am still striving for greatness, and will never fuckin stop.

strivin for more
12-19-08, 8:01 am
god this is exactly why i love this site. everytime im thinkin that one lil extra whatever wont hurt or just a taste, i think of here. i personally just hit my cristmas flat bench goal of 225, (im 5 foot 11 167 pounds, 15 years old) and im glad you all have got yours.

TheDukeUSMC
03-01-09, 5:44 pm
When you're not training

your competition is

Shut the F up and train!

GJN5002
10-15-09, 3:13 pm
Just read this an wanted to share from Dave Tate's book, "Gym Talk." It's a little long but well worth it especially if you ever question why we go through all this eveyrday.

We design our programs on torn off pieces of cardboard that we find in the back
of the gym. We know that the golden rule to success is busting our asses into the
ground. We make training such a high priority that life becomes scheduled
around it. We understand that weak points are developed from not doing what we
don’t like to do so we do it.
We love it when the set gets hard and the weight gets heavy. We don’t watch the
clock. We are done when we get done.
We understand that this is supposed to be hard, and the road will not be easy.
We figure so be it. We may read all the training science and logic, but we always
resort back to the same thing that has always worked—busting our asses. Pain is
measured by a lack of progress, not injuries.
We think about training when we get up in the morning and when we go to bed at
night. We love the sound of another plate being slapped on the bar or the thud of
dumbbells hitting the ground. The gym is our place to do what we do, not wish
about what we could be.
We know when to turn it on and when...to turn it off.
I’m in one of the “off” phases, and unless I’m going to go in the gym and bust my
ass 100 percent, I’m not going. To me, it’s pointless. I would rather give 100
percent to something else at this time than give 50 percent in the gym. I refuse to
give 50 percent in the gym because this is what “others” do, and I refuse to be
like the “others!”
I had to give up many things in my training over the years, but I won’t give up
busting my ass. I won’t be like every other lazy person who goes in the gym and
gives a half ass effort. Worse yet, because I’m in the industry and make my living
in the industry, I refuse to live a lie and train like a half piece of crap. You can
quote me on this one. The day that I can no longer “train” and give it my all in the
gym with passion will be the
same day that I’ll remove
myself from this industry.
Training to me deserves
respect, not half ass efforts. I
don’t train as much for the
process as I do for the result.
I’ll do what I have to do to get
the results I’m looking for. If it
means that I have to train
four hours a day, so be it. If it
means that I have to train
every day of the week, so be
it. If it means whatever, so be
it. I will do what I have to do
when I have to do it. This is
training to me.
Training is about busting your butt for something that others avoid because the
road is too hard. Working out is an activity, a verb. Training is more than a verb.
It’s a way of life.
To give my training the respect it deserves, I recharge. I’ll return when I feel
ready to go all out. To me, working out is not an option. This is what “others” do,
and I will resist this with all I have.
I train and train because this is what I do. This is the life that I chose and the
decision that I made. I’m not in this to be like the “others.” I’m in this to push
myself to places I’ve never been before, to push myself to the edge. I’ll never get
to see what is over the edge by “working out.” I’ll never find what I seek by the
number of “workouts” I get in or how long I can do cardio.
I’ll never be satisfied with the same results that anyone else can get. I’m not the
guy to show you how to “workout.” I’m not the one who can help you take the first
step. I’m not the one to motivate you to begin. I could care less about this.
I haven’t trained people in years. I’m writing this so that you can see what it takes
for me to get the results that I do (or not). I’m
writing this so that you know you’re not alone
in your passion. I know what it is like to be
surrounded by “others.” I know what it feels
like when everyone is on your butt about
“what you do.” I know what it feels like when
no one understands.
I know how it feels to think that life is what
happens in the gym and everything else is
just intermission. Trust me. I know. We’re not
alone in our passion even though it seems
so. So for the other two people out there—
know that I’m with you.
I train because it’s what keeps me from being like the rest. Training is my way to
not be like the “others.” I’m not writing this to try and change the world but so the
world doesn’t change me. It’s that simple.

GJN5002
10-15-09, 3:14 pm
sorry for the crappy paste job, I cut it from an ebook and it didnt like it.

msktyshha
10-28-09, 9:52 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KByl2cr5xqc

some people have been asking that they need to be motivated so they can get back in the game. well fellas i dont care how big of an injury u got , just be thankful that atleast u have all of ur body parts on you. be thankful for what u have, don't look at the ones better than u, look at the ones more unfortunate than u and be gratefull that u have what they don't and make the most out of what u guys already have. enjoy the video...stay up

YOU!!!! CAN DO IT

ironjim87
10-28-09, 10:32 pm
Thats insane, wow, now thats fuckin spirit. God bless him.

t_mh
10-28-09, 11:28 pm
wow that's crazy. I think he could use a spotter though...

msktyshha
10-29-09, 8:24 am
x2 the spotter.

ironshaolin
10-29-09, 8:46 am
looks like he's got some strong clips on that bar....

live2lift
10-29-09, 12:55 pm
that is an awesome video. Shit if he can do it with one arm, who the hell are we to make excuses to not go to the gym? God Bless him. Thanks for posting the vid.

prowrestler
10-31-09, 3:00 pm
that is an awesome video. Shit if he can do it with one arm, who the hell are we to make excuses to not go to the gym? God Bless him. Thanks for posting the vid.

its with 1 hand...not arm. not to sound like a jackass takin away from him or anything but ya. 1 arm would be incredibly harder

TheDukeUSMC
11-15-09, 11:14 am

BULLSHIT!!!

Everyone knows exactly what they are going to do. Think about it the next time you are about to say that when someone asks you, " well, what are you going to do?" You know exactly what you are going to do...because you know who you are! You know whether you are going to fight...fuck...or hit the fence! I'm not talking about the mask you put on for everybody else to see...no...I'm talking about that voice in your head. The voice that says, " fuck it...I'll train calves tomorrow." Or, " I'm good...I don't need another set." You know exactly what you are going to do well before you actually arrive at decision making time. Let's not fucking bullshit each other here. My point is simply this: motivation must be, on some level, a question. And if it is a question...I submit that all of you motherfuckers already know the answer. You know if your a soft hearted pussy, you know if your afraid...if you've bitten off more than you can chew, and you know whether or not you will turn into a track star when the shit gets thick. So, again, If motivation is the question...you already know the answer...It's not something you derive from outside sources...your very existence should be motivation enough for you to achieve an acceptable outcome.

Amen brother

I know that even though I fail I succeed by kicking my own ass into going anyway. By trial and error to become a champion in my chosen sport

N. Motta
06-04-12, 11:23 am
I usually am not too into following the latest motivational videos that float around on news channels and social media pages. I saw someone else posted this up on MD and thought it would be worth the 6 minutes it runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rGXSdYSho&feature=player_embedded

Carrnage
07-22-12, 12:38 am
What is yours? What is your daily motivation that instantly fires you up?

Mine is my daughter! (her first day of school is just around the corner!)

JSwick
07-22-12, 2:35 am
Just living the life God gave me brother... every day is a day to better myself

Carrnage
07-22-12, 5:37 pm
Just living the life God gave me brother... every day is a day to better myself

Yes sir! That is what I like to hear!