PDA

View Full Version : Tried a new protein shake recipe

BigAnt
02-11-09, 9:13 pm
Blueberries are on sale this week at my local supermarket, a treat for me at such a reasonable price in the late winter months....Blueberries are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and manganese. And also a great antioxident!

I mixed three scoops of Vanilla Ultra Iso Whey in a blender with one and one half cups of water, six ice cubes, two teaspoons of honey, four teaspoons of crunchy wheat germ and one cup of blueberries (half a pint)

I used the "grind" speed on my blender and about thirty seconds it was done!

Great tasting with complex and simple carbs, quality protein and an easy clean up!

Pizzalamp
02-11-09, 9:25 pm
sounds good Ant-i will try this-thanks

what i usually make is:

2 scoop iso whey
3/4 cup oats
crushed ice
water
half frozen blackberries/half frozen blueberries
1 tbsp mac nut oil

BigAnt
02-11-09, 9:40 pm
sounds good Ant-i will try this-thanks

what i usually make is:

2 scoop iso whey
3/4 cup oats
crushed ice
water
half frozen blackberries/half frozen blueberries
1 tbsp mac nut oil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a great mix....But when fresh berries or any tree ripe fruit are on sale, I always get them (if off-season)

Pizzalamp
02-11-09, 9:58 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a great mix....But when fresh berries or any tree ripe fruit are on sale, I always get them (if off-season)

hmmm ive never tried fresh fruit in my shake-will have to

shizz702
02-11-09, 11:03 pm
Mmmm sounds good!

MELTDOWN
02-11-09, 11:09 pm
hmmm ive never tried fresh fruit in my shake-will have to

wife inc just changed Big A's recipe a bit and added peaches instead of the berries. WOW. next she says is tangerines...

Fury317
02-11-09, 11:18 pm
Actually I just experimented myself recently...definitely try this one out

4-8oz water or milk
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 cup blended oats
half an apple, cubed
2 tsp cinnamon
3 ice cubes

blend it for 45 seconds adn enjoy. It tastes like apple jacks! its so good

NJC_Manhattan
02-11-09, 11:42 pm
Sounds good to me... I gave this a shot when I was bored, its a great weight building shake

2 scoops protein (I usually do one scoop whey, one casein)
Small handful walnuts/almond mix
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup smart balance milk (loaded with omega 3)
1 whole egg (that's right, I said 1 whole raw egg)
1/4 cup whole wheat pancake mix or 1/4 cup oats
Ice/water to preference on how thick you like it

Protein for days, great fats, lots of quality carbs, a post workout shake for the ages... Also helps that it tastes like cake batter.

BigAnt
02-12-09, 9:07 pm
wife inc just changed Big A's recipe a bit and added peaches instead of the berries. WOW. next she says is tangerines...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOUNDS GREAT!

When pineapple is on sale...I use 1/4 of a pineapple, 1 cup coconut milk with 3 scoops of vanilla Iso Whey, 10 ice cubes & 2 packs of apple-cinnamon oats
-off-season- of course...great great taste !!

Again, I try to take advantage off the fresh fruit when it is on sale! ! !

Big3
02-12-09, 9:37 pm
1 large banana
16oz milk
2 scoops chocolate whey
2tbsp PB
1 cup oatmeal
10 blue/black berries

and blend.. tasty!

mritter3
02-13-09, 8:16 am
gotta love the fresh fruit in the shakes, it just adds a new dimension

G Diesel
02-13-09, 9:29 am
Blueberries are on sale this week at my local supermarket, a treat for me at such a reasonable price in the late winter months....Blueberries are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and manganese. And also a great antioxident!

I mixed three scoops of Vanilla Ultra Iso Whey in a blender with one and one half cups of water, six ice cubes, two teaspoons of honey, four teaspoons of crunchy wheat germ and one cup of blueberries (half a pint)

I used the "grind" speed on my blender and about thirty seconds it was done!

Great tasting with complex and simple carbs, quality protein and an easy clean up!

Good shit, Big Ant... I have fresh blueberries and strawberries in my cottage cheese today. Those that miss out on the benefits of fresh fruit do so at their own peril.

Peace, G

BCSteel
02-16-09, 11:43 pm
Most of the time I just mix water with powder but after a workout I gotta agree, its all about the fruit. I love to use the fresh as well but usually just end up using a some frozen mixed berries or some frozen mixed fruit with a couple scoops of vanilla powder.

stolzenator
03-12-09, 10:29 pm
yo bigant, when you tried this, did the blueberries turn your whole shake a kinda funny purple color?? thats what always happens with mine!

also, whenever i make shakes with blueberries, if i let it sit for a minute it turns into more of a yogurtish consistency and doesnt really flow like a shake anymore lol. so i stick with strawberries

G Diesel
03-13-09, 11:11 am
Lately in the AM I've been mixing strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana with OJ, glutamine and strawberry Just WHEY. All in the Magic Bullet. It is a welcome departure from my usual chocolate or vanilla protein with milk, oats and natty PB.

Peace, G

McFly
03-13-09, 11:20 am
Lately in the AM I've been mixing strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana with OJ, glutamine and strawberry Just WHEY. All in the Magic Bullet. It is a welcome departure from my usual chocolate or vanilla protein with milk, oats and natty PB.

Peace, G

AND PROBABLY more carbs! I like it! I've been thinking of adding some fruit to my morning shake....not sure what kind though....