PDA

View Full Version : Questions on bulking..

PERSISTANCE
02-12-09, 11:08 pm
Anybody train abs while bulking? And I was also thinking of adding a little cardio to my split but my metabolism is super fast so would it be better to do abs or cardio instead of both? Sorry if these are dumb questions and thanks animals!

Pantera52
02-12-09, 11:19 pm
Anybody train abs while bulking? And I was also thinking of adding a little cardio to my split but my metabolism is super fast so would it be better to do abs or cardio instead of both? Sorry if these are dumb questions and thanks animals!

hey man when i was bulking i didnt do cardio at all, but i did do abs 2 times a week!. usually monday's and fridays after a nice lift. weighted ab work

TigerAce01
02-13-09, 12:44 am

I don't do cardio when bulking until my bf starts to get a little out of hand. While bulking, I also do abs 2 times a week. If your metabolism is fast, I definitely would not suggest cardio.

-Ace

mritter3
02-13-09, 8:14 am
the only cardio i did while bulking was 15 minutes easy on the bike, then about 10 minutes post workout on the treadmill, but i did do some ab work twice a week during this.

C.Coronato
02-13-09, 9:47 am
I personally did not do abs during my bulking. See how you feel and look during it.

calcaneous
02-13-09, 10:03 am
when you squat heavy, you work your abs (core)
when you dead heavy, you work your abs (core)
when you military(standing) heavy, you work your abs (core)

then throw in some nice iso-ab work and your set.

if your met. is fast, dont bother with cardio. If you want to make cardio fun, grab two db and do farmers walks with them, when you cant hold the weight anymore, drop them down rest like 15-20 seconds and then grab them up and continue walking.

prowrestler
02-13-09, 10:54 am
abs yes, heavy and hard

cardio=ROFL

shizz702
02-13-09, 10:54 am
I see no reason not to work your abs, whether bulking or cutting. Strong abs are essential for heavy compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts, and overhead pressing as already mentioned. You need a strong core to stablize your body under heavy loads, so think about training them for strength and not in terms of seeing them. Weighted situps, roman chairs, and leg raises get the job done for me.

calcaneous
02-13-09, 2:38 pm
abs yes, heavy and hard

cardio=ROFL

my friends laugh at me when i tell them my cardio is basicaly me doing sled pulls or farmers walks.

PERSISTANCE
02-13-09, 8:37 pm
Well by cardio I meant like running bleachers and choppin up wood and dragging a tire and stuff

Feel The Power
02-13-09, 9:24 pm
When I bulk I do abs like I normally do 3 times a week. I cut back cardio to 3 times a week for 20 minutes. I have a slower metabolism however and gain weight easily so I just do enough to keep it under control. When i am loosing like now I bump up cardio to 45 mins for 6 days a week or even an hour if needed.

sanga
02-14-09, 9:03 am
I`ve bulked with no ab work or cardio and I`ve bulked with cardio and ab work, without a doubt adding abs 2-3 times a week along with low level intensity cardio (walking on treadmill at moderate pace for 30 minutes) 3 times a week is in my experience far better as you gain a load of size but keep the fat off a lot more than no cardio, I must point out I`m 44 yrs old and maybe at 18 yrs of age it probably won`t matter too much but as you get older the metabolism slows and cardio is needed more IMO.

PERSISTANCE
02-15-09, 12:15 am
Hey thanks a lot fellas. I appreciate yalls help!

Jonisocool
02-15-09, 12:28 am
I`ve bulked with no ab work or cardio and I`ve bulked with cardio and ab work, without a doubt adding abs 2-3 times a week along with low level intensity cardio (walking on treadmill at moderate pace for 30 minutes) 3 times a week is in my experience far better as you gain a load of size but keep the fat off a lot more than no cardio, I must point out I`m 44 yrs old and maybe at 18 yrs of age it probably won`t matter too much but as you get older the metabolism slows and cardio is needed more IMO.

not just that, feels like it helps speed up my recovery a bit too. I only go for 8-15 minutes at a time though, high incline, powerwalking like.. 12 incline, 3.5 speed, or any sled work.