PDA

View Full Version : Bigger. Badder. Stronger. Journey to my first PL meet.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Psycho77
02-13-09, 6:58 pm
Its official. Time to start a new journey towards a new goal. When I started all I wanted to be was a BIG MOFO. Now I want to be a BIG MOFO that lifts HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS.

I got to watch my first PL comp a few weeks back and boy did it light a fire. God willing, I want to participate in my first meet before the year is out.

This is my journey to the dark side. Where reps are low and the weights are high. Where diets are huge and nose bleeds are common place.

So hold on to something. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

TIME TO GET SERIOUS!

prowrestler
02-13-09, 7:00 pm
u just had to make it an extra click to your journey.....ughhhhhh

Psycho77
02-13-09, 7:04 pm
u just had to make it an extra click to your journey.....ughhhhhh

didnt think you'd find this so fast. was just gonna post this on the other journey.

prowrestler
02-13-09, 7:09 pm
didnt think you'd find this so fast. was just gonna post this on the other journey.

i am that damn good

Psycho77
02-13-09, 7:13 pm
i am that damn good

That you are!

Psycho77
02-13-09, 7:15 pm
Gotta high tail and run for now. Going to workout at another gym today with a few PL friends. I'll post how it goes when I come back tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

prowrestler
02-13-09, 7:17 pm
Gotta high tail and run for now. Going to workout at another gym today with a few PL friends. I'll post how it goes when I come back tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

i new u loved me

have fun at the gym with your pl buds

shizz702
02-13-09, 7:22 pm
Aw fuck yea! You know I am in for this ride! Psycho you were born for this shit and are going to kill it!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-13-09, 8:18 pm
ooooo shiiitt! Time to do work my pinoy brotha!

The Sun
02-14-09, 4:27 am
Guess What Mike?

I
Am
Down
For This Ride.

machineman
02-14-09, 9:41 am
ooooo....got my seatbelt fastened....let the ride begin!!!

Psycho77
02-14-09, 10:01 am
Thanks for the support guys. Glad to have you on board.

Went to another gym today and worked out with PL friends. Did chest.

Stretches

Db flyes (6 count ascending, 6 count descending)
20x5
30x5
40x5
50x5
60x5

Db flat press
80x8 explosive speed
100x5 (5 count descending/ascending on sets below)
120x5
140x5
140x5
140x5

BB flat press
250x5 explosive
300x5 (5 count descending, 2 second pause, 5 second ascending on all sets below)
300x5
350x3
370x1
390x1/2 (sucks!)

Done.

Thoughts:
1. still getting used to the short reps per set. tho I don't feel as worn out after this workout as compared to my other hi rep workouts, I can say I'm as sore if not more sore. heavy weights with slow reps can kill!

2. ascent and descent were timed coz primary focus was on the the form and overall balance and control of the bar. they showed me this trick of sticking a magnetic bubble level on the bar and you try to keep it as horizontal as possible when you unrack it and maintain that balance all throughout the execution of the movement. Weight and completion of the reps/sets are secondary. I was told this is done so I develop muscle memory of keeping the bar balanced properly as judges will red flag a lifter if the bar comes up uneven. Still I am proud of the weight I was able to use. We'll bump up the weights next time.

3. friend let try his bench shirt and we spent like 15 minutes trying to put it on. can't even get the damn thing passed my forearms. oh well, would have been nice to try it tho.

4. can't wait to try squats and deads when I am able to.

Psycho77
02-14-09, 10:13 am
Forgot to mention.

Got my ANIMAL ICONIC shirts today. Ordered the 2xl ones. Haven't tried em on yet but i'm guessing a lot of growing will be required to fill them up. I'll snap some pics.

prowrestler
02-14-09, 10:32 am
sick tuff man, youll bench 400 in no time.

big shirts for inspiration!

The Sun
02-14-09, 1:19 pm
Mike why don't you give a chance to a PL routine?

you could go with the Texas Method or the Westside principals.

T o m m Y
02-14-09, 2:57 pm
wow,strong ass pressing right there...

405 in no time!

T o m m Y
02-14-09, 2:58 pm

x2

also,give 5/3/1 by jim wendler a look.

Psycho77
02-14-09, 3:26 pm

x2

also,give 5/3/1 by jim wendler a look.

Thats the plan boys. My formal PL training starts on Monday. Tho it will be a modified program as i have not been medically cleared for deadlift/squats as of yet.

As for the chest workout, i did that format to test how much I can do as I have not done anything that taxing since I fractured a rib last year.

Psycho77
02-15-09, 6:31 am
Sore as hell today, very happy about that.

Spent the morning doing some cardio and had 3 meals before lunch composed of potatoes, chicken, oats, fruits, pork chops, tilapia. Lunch was rice, german sausages, buttered veggies.

Went to the mall and paid some bills and bought some stuff for the house. Hit the supp and grocery store and stocked up on some low items:
2 cans of Pak
2 cans of Pump
3 buckets of Muscle Juice
1 creatine mono
1 glutamine
30 sachets of Dymatize Expand
15 1 liter cartons of milk
2 big nat pb bottles
1 big nutella (sorry have to have this)
2 boxes of pop tarts (spread some nutella on top, its the best!)
3 cartons of OJ

Gotta head on back to the market early tom morning to buy veggies, fish and meats while they are fresh.

The Sun
02-15-09, 8:41 am

Spent the morning doing some cardio and had 3 meals before lunch composed of potatoes, chicken, oats, fruits, pork chops, tilapia. Lunch was rice, german sausages, buttered veggies.

Went to the mall and paid some bills and bought some stuff for the house. Hit the supp and grocery store and stocked up on some low items:
2 cans of Pak
2 cans of Pump
1 creatine mono
1 glutamine
2 big nat pb bottles
3 cartons of OJ

Gotta head on back to the market early tom morning to buy veggies, fish and meats while they are fresh.
damn that's some POWERLIFTING STACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poptarts with Nuty & Nutella wow that's some PRs stuff.

J Wong
02-15-09, 10:40 am
I'm in. What federation do you plan on competing in?

Vaze_06
02-15-09, 11:51 am
sub and in for the ride, take good care of that toe!

prowrestler
02-15-09, 11:56 am
dude thats alot of cash!

Psycho77
02-15-09, 1:19 pm
I'm in. What federation do you plan on competing in?

Philippine Powerlifting Association sanctioned meet bro. Glad to have you on board.

sub and in for the ride, take good care of that toe!

Hi Vaze. Glad to have your support. Yup, the toe is being taken cared off to the best of my abilities and is healing nicely.

damn that's some POWERLIFTING STACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poptarts with Nuty & Nutella wow that's some PRs stuff.

Have to grow grow grow!

Psycho77
02-15-09, 1:24 pm
dude thats alot of cash!

Almost a whole months salary bro. Also some of the projects completed during the 4th quarter of 2008 finally got paid so have a little extra cash in my pocket. Have to forgo some luxuries as well like keeping in touch with the latest celfone and clothing trends to fund my needs for lifting.

Still looking at additional expenses for wrist wraps, knee wraps, and maybe some bench shirts etc.

prowrestler
02-15-09, 1:25 pm
Almost a whole months salary bro. Also some of the projects completed during the 4th quarter of 2008 finally got paid so have a little extra cash in my pocket. Have to forgo some luxuries as well like keeping in touch with the latest celfone and clothing trends to fund my needs for lifting.

Still looking at additional expenses for wrist wraps, knee wraps, and maybe some bench shirts etc.

eeek

id start ditching the supplements at this point. all you need is whey and that gainer. thats all.

Psycho77
02-15-09, 1:34 pm
eeek
id start ditching the supplements at this point. all you need is whey and that gainer. thats all.

Don't worry man. I'll systematically drop non essential ones if funds become tight.

prowrestler
02-15-09, 1:40 pm
Don't worry man. I'll systematically drop non essential ones if funds become tight.

good, food over supps all the time

J Wong
02-15-09, 3:00 pm
Ha, me, you, and king kong need to start an asian PL gang.

Psycho77
02-15-09, 9:29 pm
Ha, me, you, and king kong need to start an asian PL gang.

We should bro. We really should! Lets make waves.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-15-09, 9:30 pm
come on i was just getting used to the old one

Psycho77
02-15-09, 9:50 pm
come on i was just getting used to the old one

sorry bro.

rob_in_korea
02-15-09, 10:27 pm
I am sure you will do great in powerlifting Psycho. Awesome Chest workout.

-Rob

Psycho77
02-16-09, 5:55 am
Got to rep Animal in my gym!

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/psycho_77/IMG_5140.jpg
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu144/psycho_77/animalbak.jpg

Psycho77
02-16-09, 10:39 am
Standing Strict Military Press
barx15
130x5
150x3
185x5(75%)
200x5(80%)
215x5(85%)

-yeah, this is the first time I get to do any standing workout with decent weights. Had to lower the weight I was using a little coz I was putting most of the weight on my right leg and just using the injured left leg for balance. Will increase in the coming weeks as my foot gets better.

Side Lateral Raise
35x10
40x10
50x10

DB Shrugs
60x20
100x20
120x20

Thoughts:
Felt a little weird. I'm not used to short workouts, but still got pumped and got sore so its a good day.

Not really looking forward to deadlift day (wed) coz I still can't put much weight on my leg. Gonna do the best I can as long as I dont feel any pain on my foot. Lets see how it goes.

ForearmFreak
02-16-09, 10:43 am
just catching up on this new journey..you'll get use to the short workouts. the only thing is there short for a reason, you need to be going balls to the wall on every set so when your done with your session you feel like collapsing. I can't belive how much gas in the tank you had to pump out the 390 on the bench and that was at the end of your workout!

Psycho77
02-16-09, 10:48 am
just catching up on this new journey..you'll get use to the short workouts. the only thing is there short for a reason, you need to be going balls to the wall on every set so when your done with your session you feel like collapsing. I can't belive how much gas in the tank you had to pump out the 390 on the bench and that was at the end of your workout!

Gotcha. I can normally do more but had to limit a bit to nurse an injury. When i'm up 110%, rest assured, I'm going to be going balls to the wall. Still, for some reason, I did feel worn out after the session. Looking forward to some soreness tom.

Glad to have to on board ForearmFreak!

machineman
02-16-09, 10:57 am
nice job, Mike....this is gonna be a fun ride!!

C.Coronato
02-16-09, 10:59 am
Damn that must have been one huge bill! Good luck on the meet, and im sure youll do well with presses like that! Cant wait to watch it unfold

LittleMan55
02-16-09, 12:06 pm
No wonder I hadn't seen updates in the other journey. You know I'm in Mike. Keep moving heavy shit bro!

dominate77
02-16-09, 1:18 pm
strong fuckin pressing man! standings a bitch huh?

The Sun
02-16-09, 1:22 pm
Yeah Baby Lightweight
strong Press!

J Wong
02-16-09, 2:30 pm
Great strict pressing man!

pmug0000
02-16-09, 5:03 pm
In! I see the craziness continues...looking strong as always psycho

shizz702
02-16-09, 5:35 pm
Hell yea bro you are gonna get strong(er) as fuck on this! You'll get used to, and like the lower volume quick and will see it is all you need.

T o m m Y
02-16-09, 5:56 pm
awsome pressing brah!

Psycho77
02-16-09, 8:22 pm
nice job, Mike....this is gonna be a fun ride!!

Thanks Bob. Glad you dropped by!

Damn that must have been one huge bill! Good luck on the meet, and im sure youll do well with presses like that! Cant wait to watch it unfold

It was bro. But it will last me for a while so I can save up for when I need to go shopping again. Thanks, good to see you here bro.

No wonder I hadn't seen updates in the other journey. You know I'm in Mike. Keep moving heavy shit bro!

Thanks Broc. I'll do my best.

strong fuckin pressing man! standings a bitch huh?

Thanks D. To be honest, I love the standing strict presses. There is nothing like it for shoulder growth. Oh, and thanks again for the book bro.

Yeah Baby Lightweight
strong Press!

Lol, Thanks Sun. How are you feeling lately?

Great strict pressing man!

Thanks Boom. Time to get serious.

In! I see the craziness continues...looking strong as always psycho

Thanks Pmug. The craziness will never end.

Hell yea bro you are gonna get strong(er) as fuck on this! You'll get used to, and like the lower volume quick and will see it is all you need.

Thanks Shizz. Its different but I am gonna get used to it. It was short volume but I am feeling sore now. I love it. Can't wait to get really heavy on this program.

awsome pressing brah!

Thanks SMaLLnWeaK!

rob_in_korea
02-16-09, 8:24 pm
Great looking shoulder workout Psycho.

-Rob

Psycho77
02-16-09, 8:54 pm
I woke up early this morning and started to ponder on tomorrows deadlift day. I want to make the most of it and I don't want to be held back by my injury.

So as I am having my shake and staring at my ruined to. it dawned on me. My foot is pretty much usable, the problem is just the big toe. I can't put weight on that toe. When I walk around I do it by keeping my toe pointed up. That's until the muscles cramp up and I have to stop and take a breather.

This was the key, why not take the toe out of the equation. Tomorrow, I'm gonna deadlift barefooted and I'll stand on 2 50lbs plates, I'll place my toe in the hole at the center of the plate so I can't put pressure on it. If it works, I'm gonna have a wooden platform made with a cutout for my toe. Sure I can make that one myself but I think I'm going to stay away from power tools at the moment. Crossing my fingers.

prowrestler
02-17-09, 12:24 am
I woke up early this morning and started to ponder on tomorrows deadlift day. I want to make the most of it and I don't want to be held back by my injury.

So as I am having my shake and staring at my ruined to. it dawned on me. My foot is pretty much usable, the problem is just the big toe. I can't put weight on that toe. When I walk around I do it by keeping my toe pointed up. That's until the muscles cramp up and I have to stop and take a breather.

This was the key, why not take the toe out of the equation. Tomorrow, I'm gonna deadlift barefooted and I'll stand on 2 50lbs plates, I'll place my toe in the hole at the center of the plate so I can't put pressure on it. If it works, I'm gonna have a wooden platform made with a cutout for my toe. Sure I can make that one myself but I think I'm going to stay away from power tools at the moment. Crossing my fingers.

it just might work

prowrestler
02-17-09, 12:26 am
strong fuckin pressing

on 5 3 1 u can go for more reps on your last set, just rememer that

Psycho77
02-17-09, 1:00 am
strong fuckin pressing

on 5 3 1 u can go for more reps on your last set, just rememer that

awesome Pro.

Psycho77
02-17-09, 7:30 am
Not sure if I did right by going to the gym today and hitting abs. My program calls for workouts on Monday/Wednesday/Friday only. But most of the crew were at the gym so I went even tho it was supposed to be a rest day and hit abs.

stretches

cable crunches
100x20
150x20
200xfailure

cable side crunches
100x20
150x20
200xfailure

decline crunches w/ plate on chest
20lbx20
25lbx20
50lbx15

static hold on decline bench, 50lb on chest while twisting side to side
reps to failurex3

thoughts:
Abs gonna be sore tom.
Plan on doing this on every off day if that is allowed on the 5/3/1 program

LittleMan55
02-17-09, 7:54 am
Nice ab work Mike. New 3 day split and not being able to stay out of the gym. You sound like me when I cut back to 4 a few months back.

B Con
02-17-09, 7:54 am
SUBBED for the new journey best of luck big man!

Psycho77
02-17-09, 8:26 am
Nice ab work Mike. New 3 day split and not being able to stay out of the gym. You sound like me when I cut back to 4 a few months back.

Thanks Broc. Yeah I can't keep my butt out of the gym. No current projects at the moments so its mostly just staying at the house watching tv and eating. It can get very boring. Besides, I already paid for the monthly due so each day I don't go is a waste of money.

What can you expect from someone who lives on "Iron" road. Literally, thats my street name. Its kinda shallow but I thought it was cool.

Psycho77
02-17-09, 8:27 am
SUBBED for the new journey best of luck big man!

Glad to have you Burt.

diesel1976
02-17-09, 9:46 am

WESTSIDE baby. Found ya Mike.

Psycho77
02-17-09, 10:19 am
WESTSIDE baby. Found ya Mike.

started on 5/3/1 Matt. Westside after this!

Damn glad to have you here.

pmug0000
02-17-09, 10:54 am
Your abs must have been on fire by the end of that workout, good job!

Psycho77
02-17-09, 7:45 pm
Your abs must have been on fire by the end of that workout, good job!

It was and its so sore now.

Today is deadlift day, we'll see if that toe in the plate hole thing will work.

machineman
02-17-09, 7:59 pm
good luck with the workout today, Mike....crazy ab session, too!

Psycho77
02-17-09, 8:38 pm
good luck with the workout today, Mike....crazy ab session, too!

Thanks Bob. Gotta grow that power belly.

T o m m Y
02-17-09, 8:51 pm
Kill it brah

SQUAT or DIE!
02-17-09, 8:53 pm
Thanks Bob. Gotta grow that power belly.

thank god someone agrees with me.

Psycho77
02-17-09, 8:58 pm
thank god someone agrees with me.

No six packs for me..............power is where im at.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-17-09, 9:01 pm
No six packs for me..............power is where im at.

IM SOOO PROUD!! *sheds single tear of joy*

T o m m Y
02-17-09, 9:03 pm
haha you would

SQUAT or DIE!
02-17-09, 9:06 pm
haha you would

yes i would, i love it when people think like me.. makes me seem less insane.

T o m m Y
02-17-09, 9:11 pm
haha,yeah i bet it does lol.

prowrestler
02-17-09, 10:20 pm
yes i would, i love it when people think like me.. makes me seem less insane.

if it helps im probably the most insane hear and i can understand where your commin from.

Firedrake
02-17-09, 10:51 pm
Damn, Psycho -- you're gonna turn into a MONSTER! I love those slow-count flyes, and your supps and grocery run must've put quite a dent in your wallet.

Themostocles
02-18-09, 5:56 am
No wonder I hadn't gotten any updates from your other journey lol...

Psycho77
02-18-09, 7:29 am
Damn, Psycho -- you're gonna turn into a MONSTER! I love those slow-count flyes, and your supps and grocery run must've put quite a dent in your wallet.

I sure hope so Drake. Yeah the grocery run took a lot out of me but its not often that I do that and it'll last me a while. Glad to have you here!

Psycho77
02-18-09, 7:29 am
No wonder I hadn't gotten any updates from your other journey lol...

Welcome Seth!

Psycho77
02-18-09, 7:58 am
Deads
barx15
250x8
300x5
350x5(75%)
400x5(80%)
430x12 1/2(85%) repped the hell out of this fucker, did deads by holding my toe pointed up to keep from putting weight on it. I kept going till my shin muscles were screaming and started to let go.

felt so good to be back to doing deads, thought I'd test the water and find out how much my toe will let me lift
450x1
470x1
490x1 got some pain and some bleeding stopped there

leg curls
50x20
100x12
150x8
40x25

thoughts
-skipped the abs, did lots of abs yesterday, and boy, are they sore today
-operation toe-in-the-hole was a complete failure, seems my toe was bigger than the hole
-so damn happy that I was able to do deads again, all lifts were conventional, next time i'll try sumo. I wonder how that will go.
- all in all a good dead day and I am already starting to pay for it.

rob_in_korea
02-18-09, 8:11 am
Damn Psycho, that is a lot of deadlifting. Sorry Operation toe-in-the-hole failed but at least you were able to still do your workout.

-Rob

LittleMan55
02-18-09, 8:36 am
Not much to say about that one Mike... Just some damn strong pulls!!!

The Sun
02-18-09, 9:36 am
holy crap, that's lot of pulling bro.

ForearmFreak
02-18-09, 10:32 am
that is some sick pulling! your in for a rude awakening when you try sumo brotha, it's so much harder

Psycho77
02-18-09, 10:33 am
Not much to say about that one Mike... Just some damn strong pulls!!!

holy crap, that's lot of pulling bro.

thanks!!!

Psycho77
02-18-09, 10:37 am
that is some sick pulling! your in for a rude awakening when you try sumo brotha, it's so much harder

thanks FF!

Really. Now I can't wait. Bring on the pain!

Seriously, I wanna give it a try and see where I am more comfortable and stronger.

Psycho77
02-18-09, 10:37 am
Deads
barx15
250x8
300x5
350x5(75%)
400x5(80%)
430x12 1/2(85%) repped the hell out of this fucker, did deads by holding my toe pointed up to keep from putting weight on it. I kept going till my shin muscles were screaming and started to let go.

felt so good to be back to doing deads, thought I'd test the water and find out how much my toe will let me lift
450x1
470x1

leg curls
50x20
100x12
150x8
40x25

thoughts
-operation toe-in-the-hole was a complete failure, seems my toe was bigger than the hole
-so damn happy that I was able to do deads again, all lifts were conventional, next time i'll try sumo. I wonder how that will go.

page bump

shizz702
02-18-09, 10:42 am
Sick deadlifting psycho, glad to see you doing what you do best!

prowrestler
02-18-09, 10:59 am
fuckin hell thats sick deadlifting,

i dont reccomend sumo yet, i can see that hurting your toe way more, conv. atleast you can turn it up, sumo, you almost forcing it into the floor with your wider base

machineman
02-18-09, 11:48 am
crazy pulling session, Mike...

pmug0000
02-18-09, 12:34 pm
Great DL day psycho, 430 x12 is nuts

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 12:36 pm
wow awesome DL day. 490 with pain in the foot? Thats impressive!

T o m m Y
02-18-09, 3:37 pm
Deads
barx15
250x8
300x5
350x5(75%)
400x5(80%)

450x1
470x1

leg curls
50x20
100x12
150x8
40x25

thoughts

Strong Pulls!!

Psycho77
02-18-09, 7:55 pm
Sick deadlifting psycho, glad to see you doing what you do best!

Thanks Shizz. Everything was spot on yesterday. I was in the groove the entire time.

fuckin hell thats sick deadlifting, i dont reccomend sumo yet, i can see that hurting your toe way more, conv. atleast you can turn it up, sumo, you almost forcing it into the floor with your wider base

oh, ok. thanks Pro.

crazy pulling session, Mike...

Thanks Bob. Just happy to be able to pull again.

Great DL day psycho, 430 x12 is nuts

Thanks P. Pro said that I could rep out the last percentage set and I did. Was hoping to do more but I was hurtin so bad at this point.

wow awesome DL day. 490 with pain in the foot? Thats impressive!

Thanks treetrunklegs. I didn't realize until this morning how scratched up my shins were.

Strong Pulls!!

Thanks Small.

MojoMike36
02-19-09, 1:13 am

2 cans of Pak
2 cans of Pump
1 creatine mono
1 glutamine
2 big nat pb bottles
3 cartons of OJ

What are you tippin the scales at there Psycho? What weight division you think you'll be competing in? I can't wait to see this unfold bro!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 1:21 am
What are you tippin the scales at there Psycho? What weight division you think you'll be competing in? I can't wait to see this unfold bro!

hes gonna be up in the big boy weight 275s if i recall

Psycho77
02-19-09, 6:19 am

Im hovering at 265 bro.

Psycho77
02-19-09, 7:44 am
So busy with this project. Had enough time to run to my other gym and hit iron with my PL friends. My 5/3/1 program calls for squats.

First time to do squats in a very long time. Worried about a lot of things but had to make this work.

barx10 to par
200x10 to par
300x8 to par
350x5 to par
400x5 to par
425x3 very very bad news. read why below

leg extensions
200x20
300x20
250x25

hanging leg raises
bwxfailure
bwxfailure
bwxfailure

also did calves, pivoted from the center of my foot and not at the toes.
500x25
500x25
500x25
500x25

thoughts
1. love being able to squat again.
2. squats cut short, I was so focused in doing my reps, I forgot all about my damn toe and i put to much weight and movement on it and it ripped the wound a little bit. bled like hell. had to get it stitched up, just one fucking stitch. I didn't ask for anesthesia this time, the raw stitch hurt less than the anesthesia as I remember it.
3. gonna skip squats all together next time and just do century leg presses

I know this is not what you guys were expecting. It wasn't what I was expecting either, but that is how my workout turned out. Good or bad, a workout is a workout.

The almost one month of no leg work has hit me bad, that 425 felt so heavy. Have to do more leg extensions and calve work.

prowrestler
02-19-09, 4:33 pm
you do what you must. let it heal up then come back good and strong

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 4:34 pm
Im hovering at 265 bro.

still in the 275 class.... big boy weight like me!!

Vaze_06
02-19-09, 4:38 pm
heal up bro, and this time try not to screw up again!

J Wong
02-19-09, 5:21 pm
Damn, sucks about the toe. But good session besides the toe incident

Psycho77
02-19-09, 5:44 pm
you do what you must. let it heal up then come back good and strong

Thanks Pro. Next time I won't let this shit hinder me. Just gonna suck it up and not bitch about it so much.

still in the 275 class.... big boy weight like me!!

Nice. Which is why I have to get my 3 big lifts way up, the guys at that weight class would probably eat me alive.

heal up bro, and this time try not to screw up again!

Thanks Vaze. I'll try.

Psycho77
02-19-09, 5:44 pm
Damn, sucks about the toe. But good session besides the toe incident

Thanks Boom. Looking forward to the next one.

diesel1976
02-19-09, 6:28 pm
Tearing it up Big Mike!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 6:51 pm
Nice. Which is why I have to get my 3 big lifts way up, the guys at that weight class would probably eat me alive.

thats basically what happens to me.. at least when, i compete with a large number people...

Vaze_06
02-19-09, 7:14 pm
bro.. i just saw that u put a pic of your busted toe... and i just finish eating... What the hell bro!!! fuck... ''EWWW' was the first shit to come in my head...
oh well.. have a nice weekend!

Psycho77
02-19-09, 8:27 pm
Tearing it up Big Mike!!!

Thanks Matt. Looking forward to finishing 5/3/1 and moving to Westside.

thats basically what happens to me.. at least when, i compete with a large number people...

haha. Gotta get a lot stronger Squat. I was watching those guys last meet I went to and they were freaking huge.

bro.. i just saw that u put a pic of your busted toe... and i just finish eating... What the hell bro!!! fuck... ''EWWW' was the first shit to come in my head...
oh well.. have a nice weekend!

Hahahaha. Maybe I should take that one out. My friend wanted to take a look and so I placed it there. But that's how sick I am Vaze, the first thing I did when I limped into the house was to grap the camera.

shizz702
02-19-09, 8:41 pm
Hope the toe heals up soon and you can get back to squatting bro.

pmug0000
02-19-09, 10:44 pm
Sorry to hear about that toe issue, I hope you have a fast recovery

LittleMan55
02-19-09, 10:51 pm
Squats looked good. The news about the toes sucked!!!

265... Big Mike for sure!

The Sun
02-20-09, 3:53 am
impressive weights moving on the squat Mike!
Looking foreword to see you put the 500.

Psycho77
02-20-09, 10:41 am
impressive weights moving on the squat Mike!
Looking foreword to see you put the 500.

I was putting the big 5 before i got the rib and now the toe injuries. I miss that weight. I'll get it eventually.

Psycho77
02-20-09, 10:57 am
Hope the toe heals up soon and you can get back to squatting bro.

Thanks Shizz.

Sorry to hear about that toe issue, I hope you have a fast recovery

Thanks Pmug.

Squats looked good. The news about the toes sucked!!!
265... Big Mike for sure!

Thanks Broc. That means a lot coming from you. Means that my squat didn't suck as much as I thought it did.

Guys, gonna be absent for a while. Have a lot of things going on here. Project I've been handling has now gone full blast. Plus a very good friend of mine was taken very ill, might need an operation and is now confined in hospital. poor gal doesn't have any family anymore since they have migrated to Australia and she's the only one left here. so I'm the only one taking care of her (taking care of hospital bills, documents, talking to her family for consent...stuff like that)

Rest assured I'll still be doing work in whatever gym I might find myself in. I'll post those workouts when i get the chance. My apologies in advance that I won't be able to drop by your journeys for the time being. I'll catch up when things get back to normal.

MojoMike36
02-20-09, 11:29 am
So busy with this project. Had enough time to run to my other gym and hit iron with my PL friends. My 5/3/1 program calls for squats.

First time to do squats in a very long time. Worried about a lot of things but had to make this work.

barx10 to par
200x10 to par
300x8 to par
350x5 to par
400x5 to par
425x3 very very bad news. read why below

leg extensions
200x20
300x20
250x25

hanging leg raises
bwxfailure
bwxfailure
bwxfailure

also did calves, pivoted from the center of my foot and not at the toes.
500x25
500x25
500x25
500x25

thoughts
1. love being able to squat again.
2. squats cut short, I was so focused in doing my reps, I forgot all about my damn toe and i put to much weight and movement on it and it ripped the wound a little bit. bled like hell. had to get it stitched up, just one fucking stitch. I didn't ask for anesthesia this time, the raw stitch hurt less than the anesthesia as I remember it.
3. gonna skip squats all together next time and just do century leg presses

I know this is not what you guys were expecting. It wasn't what I was expecting either, but that is how my workout turned out. Good or bad, a workout is a workout.

The almost one month of no leg work has hit me bad, that 425 felt so heavy. Have to do more leg extensions and calve work.

Bummer. Can u you do lunges or will that make it worse?

Psycho77
02-20-09, 4:11 pm
Bummer. Can u you do lunges or will that make it worse?

can but light.

Firedrake
02-20-09, 5:23 pm
I sympathize about the toe -- I stubbed my right little toe over the weekend while camping, and even getting up and down hurts -- the way it bruised, I may have broken it.

rob_in_korea
02-21-09, 4:18 am
Awesome Leg workout Psycho. Sorry to hear about your friend but it sounds like you are really helping her out.

-Rob

Vaze_06
02-21-09, 8:22 am
indeeed bro, u're seriusly messed up!!!... hmm prolly would have done the same lol
good luck with evrything

Psycho77
02-23-09, 10:37 am
I sympathize about the toe -- I stubbed my right little toe over the weekend while camping, and even getting up and down hurts -- the way it bruised, I may have broken it.

ouchy!

Awesome Leg workout Psycho. Sorry to hear about your friend but it sounds like you are really helping her out.-Rob

Thanks Rob. Just filling the responsibilities of a friend bro.

indeeed bro, u're seriusly messed up!!!... hmm prolly would have done the same lol good luck with evrything

Thanks Vaze.

Psycho77
02-23-09, 11:08 am
Was at the hospital looking after my friend, just watching the tv, she said she'll take a nap so I turned it off and just read a book. When I heard her start to snore. I quietly walked out of the room and started high tailing it for the elevator to the parking lot, drive off and to the nearest gym I can find. Oh boy, it was one of the worst gyms I've ever been too. Typical beach boy gym, light weights, not enough plates, old machines, bars that bend at 200+lbs.

Might as well make the most of the it just workout.

Bench
200x15
250x10
300x8
300x8

CGBP
200x10
250x10
250x10

db flyes
30x10
50x10
60x10

strict mil press
250x12repx3

shrugs
db 60x40repsx2
bb 300x35repsx2

db side raise
40x10
50x10
60x10 (heaviest db they got)

db front raise
40x10
60x12

db curls
60x12x3

rev ez bar curls
80x12repsx2
100x10repsx2

dips
bw(265)xfailurex2 nice slow

tri cable pressdowns
150x20repsx3 - heaviest the machine has

Oh tri cable ext low pulley
150xfailurex3

leg ext ss calve raises
150x40x4 / 250x40x4 - max on the machines

leg curls ss front calf raises
100x15repsx4 / 250x40x4

did abs and forearms too

thoughts:
1. told you it was a sucky gym
2. all in all turned out ok, got my pumps, got some stares, answered a few questions then got right out of there.
3. you guys wouldn't believe how soft the bar was, after I was done with it, it was so bent that if you place it on the ground, there would be a 3-4 inch clearance in the center. must be made from modeling clay

Psycho77
02-23-09, 11:09 am
Did squats today and it was damn good. I'll post it tom morning. Its 12midnight here, time for some snack and hit the sack.

machineman
02-23-09, 11:24 am
good job getting the workout in, Mike....hope your friend gets well....she is lucky to have a friend like you....take care of yourself as well.....

Psycho77
02-23-09, 11:28 am
good job getting the workout in, Mike....hope your friend gets well....she is lucky to have a friend like you....take care of yourself as well.....

thanks Bob. She is doing better and is being released from hospital tomorrow.

C.Coronato
02-23-09, 11:40 am
Nice full body there brother. Gotta make due of whats around. Hope all is well with your friend my man.

machineman
02-23-09, 11:51 am
thanks Bob. She is doing better and is being released from hospital tomorrow.

awesome, bro.....you seem to have had a rough year so far....hope everything turns around for you and your friends.....be well...

prowrestler
02-23-09, 11:56 am
awsome, way to leave ur mark on their bar lol

pmug0000
02-23-09, 12:27 pm
Haha that's awesome you ducked out to lift when your friend fell asleep. Good workout psycho

ForearmFreak
02-23-09, 12:49 pm
300 for 2 sets of 8...your really are a psycho!!!

Psycho77
02-23-09, 7:32 pm
Nice full body there brother. Gotta make due of whats around. Hope all is well with your friend my man.

Thanks TTL. yeah we just have to adapt and get work done.

awesome, bro.....you seem to have had a rough year so far....hope everything turns around for you and your friends.....be well...

Thanks Bob. Yeah its been a rough start but its getting better. Life, just like a rolling wheel, sometimes your up and down. Never there for long.

awsome, way to leave ur mark on their bar lol

It was funny when your exploding up on the bench and lock out and you see the weights just jiggle up and down. Funny but down right dangerous. At least I'm not going back there again, my friend was released from hospital this morning and is now home. The world is back to normal again.

300 for 2 sets of 8...your really are a psycho!!!

Thanks FF.

Psycho77
02-23-09, 7:34 pm
Haha that's awesome you ducked out to lift when your friend fell asleep. Good workout psycho

Hahahaha, she was asleep anyways. Might as well the most of it. She was off IV fluids and drugs so she can walk around of she wanted to.

machineman
02-23-09, 7:36 pm
glad to hear your friend is home now.....even better that you will be able to get back into your gym...keep on killing it, Mike....

shizz702
02-23-09, 7:58 pm
Sick session there psycho! Glad to see you were able to put some work in. Time to get back to the 5 3 1 now brotha!

Psycho77
02-23-09, 8:24 pm
Monday - Feb 23, 09

Second week on 5/3/1, program calls for squats 80%, 85% and 90% of 1RM (3x3)

Used a standard BB stance for now. Going wide put stress on my toe. Weights are plates only, did not count the bar. Doc at the gym won't allow me to squat yet so we had a compromise agreement, I had to use the box to do this, still at parr tho.

200x20
250x10
300x8
350x3
400x3
450x6 (repped this out, damn feels heavy)
and just for kicks
470x1
490x1
510x1

accessories
leg curls - nice slow heavy

abs - alot of it

thoughts:
1. happy to do some decent weights again. can't wait to do it again box free.
2. strength is slowly coming back, soon will be doing 500 for reps
3. went to the mall after doing squats, sucks the escalators were under maintenance so had the walk up 4 flights of stairs, very nice.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-23-09, 8:28 pm
Monday - Feb 23, 09

Used a standard BB stance for now. Going wide put stress on my toe. Weights are plates only, did not count the bar. Doc at the gym won't allow me to squat yet so we had a compromise agreement, I had to use the box to do this, still at parr tho.

200x20
250x10
300x8
350x3
400x3
and just for kicks
470x1
490x1
510x1

accessories

abs - alot of it

thoughts:
3. went to the mall after doing squats, sucks the escalators were under maintenance so had the walk up 4 flights of stairs, very nice.

how high was this box, cause thats stroooong..

looks like a nice wo..

cardio after legs, is supposedly good for soreness, gets the blood flowing for revcery- you did yourself a favor, in the long term.. LOL

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-23-09, 8:30 pm
just for giggles lole...that some strong bix squatting man. praying that the toe heals up quick man.

rob_in_korea
02-23-09, 8:39 pm
Awesome workouts Psycho. That is some serious weight for box squats.

-Rob

SQUAT or DIE!
02-23-09, 8:40 pm

-Rob

yes, yes it is......

pmug0000
02-23-09, 10:53 pm
That is some huge weight for box squatting, once your foot is back to normal your numbers are gonna be insane

prowrestler
02-23-09, 11:21 pm
thats a damn good session

Psycho77
02-23-09, 11:24 pm
glad to hear your friend is home now.....even better that you will be able to get back into your gym...keep on killing it, Mike....

Thanks Bob. I am glad that she is ok now and that things are getting back to normal. Got work done in my usual gym. Still, am hoping my foot will get back to 100% soon so I can train at gym specifically geared for powerlifting.

Sick session there psycho! Glad to see you were able to put some work in. Time to get back to the 5 3 1 now brotha!

Thanks Shizz. Glad to be back on 5/3/1. Now the percentages are up....its getting interesting.

how high was this box, cause thats stroooong..
looks like a nice wo..
cardio after legs, is supposedly good for soreness, gets the blood flowing for revcery- you did yourself a favor, in the long term.. LOL

Thanks Squat. I don't know, didn't really measure the box out but its a semi low box about 10-12 inches, about the same height as my parr. I agree about the cardio after legs, I hardly have any soreness today. Guess that escalator breaking down at the mall was a blessing in disguise.

just for giggles lole...that some strong bix squatting man. praying that the toe heals up quick man.

Thanks King.

-Rob

THanks Rob. It was heavy. Hope to do those numbers box free.

That is some huge weight for box squatting, once your foot is back to normal your numbers are gonna be insane

Thanks Pmug. I have an inkling that my next issue will be my knees, they have been feeling a little weird doing the squats. I've been advised to use some wraps on the knees but still have to get them.

Psycho77
02-23-09, 11:25 pm
thats a damn good session

I know, I'm still psyched about it.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-23-09, 11:31 pm
if your taking 500+ to parallel that is truly beastly...

Themostocles
02-24-09, 1:50 am
if your taking 500+ to parallel that is truly beastly...

x2, ridiculous

machineman
02-24-09, 4:16 am
Monday - Feb 23, 09

200x20
250x10
300x8
350x3
400x3
and just for kicks
470x1
490x1
510x1

accessories

abs - alot of it

thoughts:

awesome session, Mike.....damn strong squats....looking forward to that toe being back to 100% so you can really let it fly.....

eric downey
02-24-09, 4:20 am
When is your meet?

The Sun
02-24-09, 6:00 am
nasty workout, going through all those injuries you had makes it even more impressive

Psycho77
02-24-09, 8:46 am
awesome session, Mike.....damn strong squats....looking forward to that toe being back to 100% so you can really let it fly.....

Thanks Bob. Can't wait for that day either.

nasty workout, going through all those injuries you had makes it even more impressive

Thanks Sun. I guess that which does not kill me, only makes me stronger hehehe. Its cool, the toe thing took me off lifting which gave my ribs some serious time to heal.

Psycho77
02-24-09, 8:46 am
When is your meet?

No date yet. I'm just starting on my PL training. Probably gonna hit one before the end of the year. Thanks for dropping by Eric.

Vaze_06
02-24-09, 10:09 am
Monday - Feb 23, 09

200x20
250x10
300x8
350x3
400x3
and just for kicks
470x1
490x1
510x1

accessories

abs - alot of it

thoughts:

well, u have to keep that butt in shape! :P
nice session u crazy guy!

Psycho77
02-24-09, 7:05 pm
well, u have to keep that butt in shape! :P
nice session u crazy guy!

I'm very proud of my butt. Thanks Vaze.

Psycho77
02-24-09, 7:06 pm
Supposed to post this last night but, for some reason, couldn't reach the site.

Met up with joms_phoenix over the weekend, nice to meet a fellow ANIMAL.

Did some bis, tris and forearms the other night. Just enough for a pump, not worth posting the details.

Off yesterday but got bored at home watching tv so headed to the gym and did traps.

db shrugs
60x30repsx2
100x20repsx2
140x15 repsx2

bb shrugs
300x15
400x15
500x10
540x5
540x5

cable upright rows
stack(200)x10repsx3

done.

deads later.

rob_in_korea
02-24-09, 8:03 pm
Crazy Trap work Psycho.

-Rob

B Con
02-24-09, 8:32 pm
Your traps are gonna be massive with all that heavy shrugging. Great work Psy.

shizz702
02-24-09, 8:56 pm
Fuck that was some heavy squatting! What would you estimate your 1RM is?

LittleMan55
02-24-09, 8:59 pm
That is a ton of shrugging there mike...

Psycho77
02-24-09, 9:10 pm
Your traps are gonna be massive with all that heavy shrugging. Great work Psy.

I sure hope so Burt. My traps just don't wanna grow. A bb friend of mine told me it might coz of how i'm built. My traps are set low on my neck so it doesn't grow up, it just keep getting thicker and thicker and is starting to bulge out from my back.

Psycho77
02-24-09, 9:11 pm
Crazy Trap work Psycho.
-Rob

That is a ton of shrugging there mike...

Thanks Rob and Broc. Off day workouts sometimes do turn out to be one of the best.

Psycho77
02-24-09, 9:14 pm
Fuck that was some heavy squatting! What would you estimate your 1RM is?

I can't say at this point. That 520 felt heavy but I knew I can do more, my back and legs were still ok at that point. I'm looking at 530.

prowrestler
02-24-09, 9:20 pm
Supposed to post this last night but, for some reason, couldn't reach the site.

Met up with joms_phoenix over the weekend, nice to meet a fellow ANIMAL.

Did some bis, tris and forearms the other night. Just enough for a pump, not worth posting the details.

Off yesterday but got bored at home watching tv so headed to the gym and did traps.

db shrugs
60x30repsx2
100x20repsx2
140x15 repsx2

bb shrugs
300x15
400x15
500x10
540x5
540x5

cable upright rows
stack(200)x10repsx3

done.

deads later.

SICK

shizz702
02-24-09, 9:24 pm
I can't say at this point. That 520 felt heavy but I knew I can do more, my back and legs were still ok at that point. I'm looking at 530.

FREAK!

You are going to dominate the PL game once you master your craft!

eric downey
02-25-09, 12:49 am
No date yet. I'm just starting on my PL training. Probably gonna hit one before the end of the year. Thanks for dropping by Eric.

anytime bro if i can help just let me know

Psycho77
02-25-09, 7:53 am
anytime bro if i can help just let me know

Thanks Eric. Appreciate the help.

Psycho77
02-25-09, 9:35 am
Wednesday Feb 25, 2009

Deads - wave 2, used conventional style except for a one warm up set where I tried sumo. had to use the "smooth" bar today (SUCKS!). By smooth, I mean the bar thats so old that the knurling so worn down to absolutely nothing and your just left with a very slippery chrome plated bar.

stretches
WU
100x15
200x10
300x10
350x5
WS
400x3
450x3
470x6
500x1
520x1
540x1/2 (grip failed) oh well.
wish we had those bad boy fat bars.

Accessory work:
Good mornings 250x10x2
Leg curls 130x10x2
Lots of abs

PWO Meals:
shake
fruits
2 huge servings of beef stew with potatoes and carrots with 2 bowls of rice

Thoughts:
1. gotta get moving to get my dead numbers up. I want 600 so bad.
2. gotta bring my own bar next time, at least mine still has some pretty sharp knurling on it. the bar i used was so bad it was murder on the grip and didn't scratch my shins one bit, just made it red. I want some blood.
3. despite the grip failing, it was a good dead day overall.

Tom: probably gonna do some cardio work and get some new body measurements.

The Sun
02-25-09, 9:41 am
holy shit, huge deadlift there.
like that workout, good mornings are hard especially done after deads. great work.

yummy -> pwo meals :D

C.Coronato
02-25-09, 10:17 am
Wednesday Feb 25, 2009

Deads - wave 2, used conventional style except for a one warm up set where I tried sumo. had to use the "smooth" bar today (SUCKS!). By smooth, I mean the bar thats so old that the knurling so worn down to absolutely nothing and your just left with a very slippery chrome plated bar.

stretches
WU
100x15
200x10
300x10
350x5
WS
400x3
450x3
470x6
500x1
520x1
540x1/2 (grip failed) oh well.
wish we had those bad boy fat bars.

Accessory work:
Good mornings 250x10x2
Leg curls 130x10x2
Lots of abs

PWO Meals:
shake
fruits
2 huge servings of beef stew with potatoes and carrots with 2 bowls of rice

Thoughts:
1. gotta get moving to get my dead numbers up. I want 600 so bad.
2. gotta bring my own bar next time, at least mine still has some pretty sharp knurling on it. the bar i used was so bad it was murder on the grip and didn't scratch my shins one bit, just made it red. I want some blood.
3. despite the grip failing, it was a good dead day overall.

Tom: probably gonna do some cardio work and get some new body measurements.

Nice man. Good Mornings are no fun, but u got them in there. Youll get your 600. Keep pushing man.

Psycho77
02-25-09, 1:29 pm
holy shit, huge deadlift there.
like that workout, good mornings are hard especially done after deads. great work.
yummy -> pwo meals :D

Thanks Sun. Yeah the meals were yummy. Its 0220 now and im still awake and very hungry.

Nice man. Good Mornings are no fun, but u got them in there. Youll get your 600. Keep pushing man.

Thanks TTL. Good morning are never fun but a necessity in my opinion.

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 1:43 pm
big dead Mad Mike!!! I hate the "slick" bars. I always seem to get stuck using them on dead day...

prowrestler
02-25-09, 2:09 pm
nice deads man

but on 5/3/1 you gotta follow the template, if you keep maxing out after your normal wave sets, your gonna burn out before its done with. your gonna make great progress in the 1 rep max zone come your 2nd-3rd cycle. you just gotta play the booring same old same game that is 5/3/1 but it pays off.

rob_in_korea
02-25-09, 7:33 pm
Wow. Awesome workout Psycho.

-Rob

Psycho77
02-25-09, 10:48 pm
big dead Mad Mike!!! I hate the "slick" bars. I always seem to get stuck using them on dead day...

thanks Broc. Yeah slicks bars should be banned.

nice deads man
but on 5/3/1 you gotta follow the template, if you keep maxing out after your normal wave sets, your gonna burn out before its done with. your gonna make great progress in the 1 rep max zone come your 2nd-3rd cycle. you just gotta play the booring same old same game that is 5/3/1 but it pays off.

Thanks Pro. Yeah I hear ya on doing the maxes but I just can't help it.I hate walking out of the gym knowing I still have something in the tank. And its been a long time since I have done singles and just wanted to see what numbers I can still do. But thanks for pointing that out. I'll be good from here on.

Wow. Awesome workout Psycho.
-Rob

thanks Rob.

pmug0000
02-25-09, 11:39 pm
Good job on the DL's. Do you use chalk?

Psycho77
02-26-09, 12:10 am
Good job on the DL's. Do you use chalk?

no I dont. local sports stores dont have em. THanks P.

Themostocles
02-26-09, 12:11 am
no I dont. local sports stores dont have em. THanks P.

You generally have to order it online. But its cheap and lasts for a long time.

machineman
02-26-09, 3:51 am
awesome dead session, Mike.....I know the one Y I go to, the bar is the same way....this other Y I have been hitting up has a nice new bar that is rougher than hell.....gotta like the new bar feeling!

Psycho77
02-26-09, 6:43 am
You generally have to order it online. But its cheap and lasts for a long time.

Gonna order some up soon. Thanks T.

awesome dead session, Mike.....I know the one Y I go to, the bar is the same way....this other Y I have been hitting up has a nice new bar that is rougher than hell.....gotta like the new bar feeling!

Couldn't agree more Bob.

Psycho77
02-26-09, 7:36 am
Off day today. Focused on rest, meals and a little gym time.

Meals.
1. left over beef stew
2. mashed potatoes
3. 2 roast chicken
4. fruits and oats
5. bbq ribs
6. MJ shakes (3) with lots of milk
7. tuna sashimi
8. 7 egg whites, 2 whole

spent most of the day working out my fingers on the tv remote and comp keyboard. Went to the gym and did calves.

Calves
200x25
400x25
600x25x2
800x25x2
600xfailure
400xfailure
200xfailure

Reverse calves
200x15
400x15
600x15
600xfailure
400xfailure
200xfailure

modified sled push. OK, I don't have a sled and even if I did, the gym is too small and crowded so decided to just push my van with the parking brake slightly engaged that it stops immediately once pushing force is removed. Did this for about half a kilometer. The sweat dripping off me was just insane. Spent and tired but felt good and very hungry.

Tom, strict presses.

LittleMan55
02-26-09, 10:20 am
Nice eating Mike! I cant wait to see the madness you do on strict presses.

C.Coronato
02-26-09, 10:21 am
damn. Now thats some good eats!

pmug0000
02-26-09, 3:50 pm
Man I thought I hit calves hard! Nice touch on pushing the car that's badass!

Pizzalamp
02-26-09, 11:22 pm
i keep having troube finding this journey lol

that stack looks impressive
mmmm nutella

Psycho77
02-27-09, 12:41 am
Nice eating Mike! I cant wait to see the madness you do on strict presses.

Thanks Broc. I love to eat, its probably the only thing I do best lol.

damn. Now thats some good eats!

Thanks TTL.

Man I thought I hit calves hard! Nice touch on pushing the car that's badass!

Thanks Pmug. I credit Pro for that. He put the idea of pushing/pulling a sled into my head, just had to improv a little.

Did Mil presses early this morning. It was ok, not as good as I would like coz I'm not really a morning person. i'll post the outcome later.

Psycho77
02-27-09, 11:11 am
Friday Feb 27, 2009

All done with a nice, slow and controlled.

WU
100x15 - rainbow style
130x10
160x8
180x5
WS
220x3
250x3
270x5 hurts!

Acc Work
Dips
BW(265)x12repsx3

Upright rows
stack(200)x10
240x8
150xfailure(28)

shrugs
150x20repsx3

db rear laterals - light weights, felt some discomfort doing these.
20x20
30x13x2

done. All in all, it was a good day. Didn't max out and tried my best to follow the program.

Psycho77
02-27-09, 11:11 am
i keep having troube finding this journey lol

that stack looks impressive
mmmm nutella

glad to have you here Pizza.

rob_in_korea
02-27-09, 11:22 am
Outstanding Shoulder work Psycho. That is some serious weight for standing military press.

-Rob

Psycho77
02-27-09, 11:36 am
Outstanding Shoulder work Psycho. That is some serious weight for standing military press.

-Rob

thanks Rob.

machineman
02-27-09, 12:27 pm
huge lift on that MP, Mike.....good looking workout.....

Themostocles
02-27-09, 12:37 pm
Strong MP, and you got love the rainbow press for the pump!

The Sun
02-27-09, 1:27 pm
damn you double my RM5 on those presses.
crazy job Psycho.

pmug0000
02-27-09, 2:35 pm
That is ridiculous weight for standing presses, great work

dominate77
02-27-09, 11:29 pm

x2

LittleMan55
02-28-09, 9:48 am
Ummm Mike 270 x 5 on Standing presses is going to hurt! Made me hurt reading it. Strong always.

prowrestler
02-28-09, 3:00 pm
yep 270x5 is retarded

T o m m Y
02-28-09, 6:49 pm
270x5
Holly Shit
Strong!

Psycho77
03-01-09, 7:26 am
huge lift on that MP, Mike.....good looking workout.....

Strong MP, and you got love the rainbow press for the pump!

damn you double my RM5 on those presses.
crazy job Psycho.

x2

Ummm Mike 270 x 5 on Standing presses is going to hurt! Made me hurt reading it. Strong always.

yep 270x5 is retarded

270x5
Holly Shit
Strong!

Thanks guys.

Been busy as fuck lately as we have a convention going on. Tho I have a room at the hotel/conv venue, I still like to drive the 2 hours home and sleep in my own bed. I guess Im just one of those guys that hates hotels. Plus I miss my dog too much.

I'll still be putting in work for the duration of the conv it just sucks that I have to do it at the hotel gym. Can't wait to get back to my old gym.

Psycho77
03-01-09, 8:22 am
Spent the entire Saturday preparing for the convention. Then got to watch my sister's school performance of AVENUE Q. Then spent the entire night till Sunday morning setting up the booth and computers/cabling/testing etc for the convention.

I haven't slept in two days, dead tired now and dizzy so I apologize if I suddenly blabber or drift from one thought to another.

So sleepy at the booth that I just spent time watching ANIMAL vids, the latest being OX doing legs. Got pumped from watching that I ran to the hotel gym and worked out to get some adrenaline flowing and perk me up. Had no particular program in mind so hit body parts that I need to improve on (almost everything lol!).

Bis - these need to catch up to my tris
Db alt curls
40x10, 50x10, 60x10

Rev ez curls
60x15, 80x10, 100x10, 120x8x2

Hammer cable curls with rope
150x20x4 ds 120xfailure ds 90xfailure ds 50xfailure ds 20xfailure, squeeze hard with have rep

traps - want them bigger, thicker and higher
db shrugs
100x20, 150x15, 170x15 (yup they have those bad boys) ds 100xfailurex3

tris - some more beef on arms
CGBP
100x20,150x15, 200x10, 250x8, 280x8

dips
BWx15x4

abs
-lot of abs, first time to use the ab machines so it was fun.

back
hypers
20x5

all in all, not bad for the lack of sleep. hitting the sack in a few minutes, 5/3/1 Bench tom. lets see how that goes.

Hit the hotel buffet several times, chowing down on a lot of fish, steak, turkey, lasagna and crabs.

pmug0000
03-01-09, 12:47 pm
What kind of a hotel has a gym with 170 lbs. dumbbells? I've got to find one of those! Good work psycho.

The Sun
03-01-09, 3:36 pm
nice work mike.

prowrestler
03-01-09, 3:39 pm
What kind of a hotel has a gym with 170 lbs. dumbbells? I've got to find one of those! Good work psycho.

i no wtf!

good stuff man

J Wong
03-01-09, 4:06 pm
Strong work on those arms bro

Psycho77
03-02-09, 7:31 am

i no wtf!
good stuff man

I was thinking the same thing and I was pleasantly surprised to see it. From the looks of it, its hardly been used to. If it would have fit in my bag, I would have taken it home with me lol.

nice work mike.

Strong work on those arms bro

thanks Sun and Boom. Yeah I know its not how powerlifters think but dammet, I want huge guns.

Psycho77
03-02-09, 8:22 am
Had enough time to run out of the convention and do some bench work.

WU
100x15
200x12
250x10
WS
300x5
340x3
375x4 - used smith for this (yup im a wuss) not comfy doing that weight alone in the gym, literally alone.

Dips
BWx10repsx5

bb upright rows
100x10, 150x10

bb bent over rows
200x10, 250x10, 280x10

cable low rows
200x15, 250(stack)x15, 350x10, 400x6

shower, dress, back to work.

done.

machineman
03-02-09, 8:30 am
smith or not....375 X 4 on the bench is fukin strong, Mike....Nice job on getting the work in....

pmug0000
03-02-09, 2:37 pm
Great benching, those cable rows are looking strong too. How do you add 150lbs. to the stack?

Psycho77
03-02-09, 4:35 pm
smith or not....375 X 4 on the bench is fukin strong, Mike....Nice job on getting the work in....

Thanks Bob.

Great benching, those cable rows are looking strong too. How do you add 150lbs. to the stack?

Thanks Pmug. Im my old gym, we have this fabricated piece of metal that we hang off the stack and has a short metal bar where you can put on the plates. In the hotel gym they didn't have that so I just took the rope I use to tie plates off me when I do dips and tied that to the cable on the stack and hung plates off it. Normally that wouldn't be allows but since I was the only person there, its game time.

Psycho77
03-02-09, 5:16 pm
Gave away most of my clothes yesterday. Gonna have to do some serious shopping once again. Moving up now from XXL shirts to XXXL shirts for a little looser feel.

shizz702
03-02-09, 5:22 pm
Gave away most of my clothes yesterday. Gonna have to do some serious shopping once again. Moving up now from XXL shirts to XXXL shirts for a little looser feel.

Lol that's a good thing, means you're growing!

Psycho77
03-02-09, 5:31 pm
Lol that's a good thing, means you're growing!

yup, its a very good thing. Felt real tight in the shoulders and chest area and im still loosing some gut. At least I know Im growing in the right places.

Psycho77
03-02-09, 5:31 pm
Had enough time to run out of the convention and do some bench work.

WU
100x15
200x12
250x10
WS
300x5
340x3
375x4 - used smith for this (yup im a wuss) not comfy doing that weight alone in the gym, literally alone.

Dips
BWx10repsx5

bb upright rows
100x10, 150x10

bb bent over rows
200x10, 250x10, 280x10

cable low rows
200x15, 250(stack)x15, 350x10, 400x6

shower, dress, back to work.

done.

next page bump.

see you guys later. gonna head on back to the hotel.

prowrestler
03-02-09, 5:42 pm
nice benchign man

Vaze_06
03-02-09, 9:00 pm
Psycho is a wusss!! Psycho is a wuss!!!
plz dont hurt me!! :P lol
j-k... sick session bro... 150 on upright row... huh?! crazy guy...

rob_in_korea
03-02-09, 11:22 pm
Awesome workouts Psycho. That sounds like a great Hotel gym.

-Rob

Themostocles
03-03-09, 1:51 am
Nothing wrong with using a smith machne if you don't have a spot. Its the hardest thing with trying to powerlifting by yourself, no spot. Great work

Psycho77
03-03-09, 8:45 am
nice benchign man

thanks Pro. I see you killing it at deads, nice job.

Psycho is a wusss!! Psycho is a wuss!!!
plz dont hurt me!! :P lol
j-k... sick session bro... 150 on upright row... huh?! crazy guy...

Sure Vaze, rub it in. Safety first from here on in tho. I hate getting injuries. Thanks for the kind words on my workout.

Awesome workouts Psycho. That sounds like a great Hotel gym.
-Rob

Thanks Rob. It was an awesome gym. It it wasnt a two hour drive one day, i'd go there often.

Nothing wrong with using a smith machne if you don't have a spot. Its the hardest thing with trying to powerlifting by yourself, no spot. Great work

Thanks Seth. Glad you saw it my way.

LittleMan55
03-03-09, 9:18 am
Just like every other day... STRONG on the bench my man.

Psycho77
03-03-09, 7:23 pm
Just like every other day... STRONG on the bench my man.

gotta think of something new to post to spice this thread up lol.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-03-09, 7:26 pm
gotta think of something new to post to spice this thread up lol.

do some sort of off the wall workout..

Psycho77
03-03-09, 8:10 pm
do some sort of off the wall workout..

was thinking of the same thing but won't that screw up my 5/3/1 program?

prowrestler
03-03-09, 9:35 pm
was thinking of the same thing but won't that screw up my 5/3/1 program?

5/3/1 is not ment to be spicey lol. dont over complicate man, keep it simple and follow it as planeed

Psycho77
03-04-09, 12:37 pm
Listened to Pro and stuck with the program.

Wednesday - Mar 4, 09

Third week on 5/3/1, program calls for squats 75%x5, 85%x3 and 95%x1

All reps to parr. no box.
WU
200x20
300x8
380x5
440x3
515x2

accessories

abs - alot of it

thoughts:
1. that was damn heavy
2. spent tho had to stay in the gym doing some cardio and helping spot friends doing heavy squats and bench.

T o m m Y
03-04-09, 5:43 pm
wow
great job dude
515 is no joke

shizz702
03-04-09, 5:50 pm
wow
great job dude
515 is no joke

x2!

prowrestler
03-04-09, 6:02 pm
very good work man, your gonna develop into a monster after like 2-3 more 5/3/1 cycles.

when you finished wave 3, pm me if you want me to set up your next cycle

pmug0000
03-04-09, 7:58 pm
thoughts:
1. that was damn heavy

I would say so!

rob_in_korea
03-04-09, 11:46 pm
Holy shit Psycho, that is some amazing squatting.

-Rob

Themostocles
03-05-09, 2:09 am
x2. Those are some heavy ass squats

machineman
03-05-09, 3:36 am
nice heavy squating, Mike....

The Sun
03-05-09, 3:49 am
move away, heavy weights moving...........
great work mike, that's some sick numbers on the bar.

J Wong
03-05-09, 10:22 pm
515 for a double!! DAMN

Psycho77
03-05-09, 11:21 pm
wow
great job dude
515 is no joke

x2!

Thanks Small and Shizz.

very good work man, your gonna develop into a monster after like 2-3 more 5/3/1 cycles.
when you finished wave 3, pm me if you want me to set up your next cycle

Thanks Pro!

I would say so!

Holy shit Psycho, that is some amazing squatting.

-Rob

x2. Those are some heavy ass squats

nice heavy squating, Mike....

Thanks guys!

move away, heavy weights moving...........
great work mike, that's some sick numbers on the bar.

Any idea where I can get that "beep beep" thing, the kind that sounds when forklifts are reversing. lol.

515 for a double!! DAMN

Thanks boom.

Psycho77
03-06-09, 7:15 pm
Friday March 7, 2009

75%, 85%, 95%

All done with a nice, slow and controlled.

WU
100x20 - rainbow style
130x10
160x8
180x5
WS
225x5
255x3
285x2 could have done a few more but I refused a spot on the elbow. third rep ended up as a static hold.

Acc Work
Dips
BW(266)x15, BWx12, BWx8, BWx5 (10-15sec rest between sets)

Upright rows
stack(200)x12
240x9
150xfailure(28)

shrugs
150x20repsx4

db rear laterals - light weights, got a pump
20x20
30x15x2

done.

Off today, gonna do some light legs for a good pump.

machineman
03-06-09, 7:34 pm
impressive as usual, Mike.....

prowrestler
03-06-09, 7:37 pm
awsome stuff man, big fuckin press

shizz702
03-06-09, 8:42 pm
Man fucking freaky bro! I don't know anyone else strict pressing that kind of weight while standing. Your shoulders must be made of steel!

dominate77
03-06-09, 9:20 pm
285 strict press..your a fuckin man bro

rob_in_korea
03-06-09, 10:10 pm
Outstanding workout Psycho, that is some crazy ass pressing.

-Rob

T o m m Y
03-06-09, 10:30 pm
Sick pressing right there!

pmug0000
03-06-09, 11:33 pm
Some very strong pressing psycho

Psycho77
03-07-09, 2:37 pm
impressive as usual, Mike.....

awsome stuff man, big fuckin press

Man fucking freaky bro! I don't know anyone else strict pressing that kind of weight while standing. Your shoulders must be made of steel!

285 strict press..your a fuckin man bro

Outstanding workout Psycho, that is some crazy ass pressing.

-Rob

Sick pressing right there!

Some very strong pressing psycho

Thanks guys!

Its 330am here. Just finished hosting a bbq/drinking party here at my place. The last of the guests have left and just finished tidying up.

Did legs this afternoon and it was damn good. Gonna post it when I wake up, but for now its bed time for me. So tired, sore and yet so happy.

G'nyt fellas.

Psycho77
03-08-09, 10:41 am
Saturday 3/8/09

Supposed to be a rest day but decided to hit legs with a little more volume. I feel like my legs are starting to shrink so my workout will focus on getting freaky pumps.

Stretches.

Leg extensions
wu-100x20
200x20, 250x20, 300x15, 350x10x2 (machine took it)

Leg curls
wu-50x20
70x15, 80x15, 100x10, 130x10x2

Romanian deads (first time)
200x8, 250x8, 350x8

SLDL
250x10, 300x10, 350x8, 400x8

Barbell step ups
100x10, 200x10, 300x10

calve raise ss reverse calf raise
300x20/300x20
400x20/400x20
600x20/500x20
800x20/500x20
900x20/500x20

Century legpress
100x10
200x20
300x30
400x40
500x50
600x43+17 (10 sec pause, burn was just too much)

Speed squats for the finish, lightweight. 15 second breather between sets
barx20
100xfailure(24)
100xfailure(14)
100xfailure(9)
50x30 (sucked it up and finished the set)

done.

thoughts:
best leg workout in a long time.
pump in quads and hams were awesome, made my shorts tighter.
pump in the calves made it so much harder to drive (i drive a manual).
happy that I got to finish 600 on the leg press with just one stop, next time, i'll put it all on the line and finish that bitch in one go.

tom, deload week. (yuck)

rob_in_korea
03-08-09, 11:43 am
Sick Leg workout Psycho. Those leg presses sound intense.

-Rob

prowrestler
03-08-09, 11:46 am
nice leg work man

deload weeks suck but hey? not often does takeing it easy give you results!

i would reccomend not going crazy on your deload..or else it simply is not a deload. cuz this new cycle of 5/3/1 is gonna start pickin up for you, each cycle's gonna get you further and further under bigger and bigger weights.

Psycho77
03-08-09, 12:26 pm
Sick Leg workout Psycho. Those leg presses sound intense.
-Rob

thanks Rob. How was your weekend?

nice leg work man

deload weeks suck but hey? not often does takeing it easy give you results!

i would reccomend not going crazy on your deload..or else it simply is not a deload. cuz this new cycle of 5/3/1 is gonna start pickin up for you, each cycle's gonna get you further and further under bigger and bigger weights.

Thanks Pro. Thanks for reminding me that its supposed to be a deload week. Lol. It was almost as if you knew how it would turn out in advance.

prowrestler
03-08-09, 12:34 pm
yep, im good like that, i can also tell when its goind to rain

J Wong
03-08-09, 1:41 pm
Crazy ass leg workout bro!!

Themostocles
03-08-09, 1:48 pm
Sick volume and weight! You, my friend, are truly a freak among men

shizz702
03-08-09, 7:52 pm
Lol it was supposed to be a rest day and you do legs?! So you still doing the 5 3 1?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-08-09, 8:46 pm
Damn psycho, that was an insane leg VOLUME day! lol, and very nice fucking squats bro.

pmug0000
03-08-09, 8:58 pm
Oooh pulling out the century sets... nice work.
What's the difference between a romanian d.l. and sldl, I thought both were the same?

T o m m Y
03-08-09, 9:02 pm
sick rdl and sldl!

dude,thats alot of volume for a deload lol

Psycho77
03-08-09, 9:18 pm
yep, im good like that, i can also tell when its goind to rain

You are the best Pro.

Crazy ass leg workout bro!!

Thanks Boom.

Sick volume and weight! You, my friend, are truly a freak among men

Thanks Seth.

Lol it was supposed to be a rest day and you do legs?! So you still doing the 5 3 1?

Lol. Yeah Shizz. A rest day that turned boring and headed to the gym for some action. Yes I am still on the 5/3/1. Today starts my deload.

Damn psycho, that was an insane leg VOLUME day! lol, and very nice fucking squats bro.

Thanks King. I missed doing that sort of stuff. Let me tell ya, doing low reps lately, that high volume session felt much tougher than remember it to be. How was the Arnold? Saw some of the pics and it must have been quite an experience. I'll do my best to hit it next year.

Oooh pulling out the century sets... nice work.
What's the difference between a romanian d.l. and sldl, I thought both were the same?

Thanks Pmug. I won't stop at the century till I can get 600 restfree. I thought so too but a workout bud coached me on it and turns out that at the RDL, your butt kicks back out when you lower the bar. I can't quite describe it. maybe this would help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZA_QDy9cY

Psycho77
03-08-09, 9:19 pm
sick rdl and sldl!

dude,thats alot of volume for a deload lol

Thanks Small. Deload starts today. Its gonna get boring. But with rest comes growth and I'm all for that.

rob_in_korea
03-08-09, 9:27 pm
thanks Rob. How was your weekend?

My weekend was pretty good Psycho, just busy preparing for our short trip back to the US.

-Rob

Pizzalamp
03-08-09, 11:28 pm
Insane!