PDA

View Full Version : Smashin Old Barriers

Pain Stricken
02-16-09, 6:26 am
No more excuses, no interruptions, but the beginning of new strength, and long-term consistency. I have built a killer gym at home, and will use this along with a decent gym at work to build one new PR after another. I am putting my progress out to the iron masses of this forum in order to feed off of the momentum that is built here daily. I will post my old school unorthodox training regiments here soon, all built around old school free weights, with a strong hint of powerlifting.

Crushed back today:

T-bar rows- barbell slid into sleeve, and pulled with V handle off of the floor
3/4 deadlifts-alternate next week with true deads
Pullups-someday hope to progress to weighted pull-ups
Finished with superset- bent BB rows, low cable rows.

Chest update tomorrow!

Rage
02-16-09, 9:29 am
Subed bro...what contest are you doing?

Pain Stricken
02-16-09, 8:04 pm
Gonna shoot for the Kalamazoo, Michigan Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure Championships. Although now living loud and proud in Cali, I was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and found this to be a great opportunity to participate in a contest with a couple of my high school buddies that are still in the game. We are all 40 yrs. old, and ready to go. Anyone who falls short and wants to quit is forced to join the Figure Division, HA. This contest is held in April, so it won't be til next year, and even then, I'll have to work my ass off.

Pain Stricken
02-17-09, 1:32 pm
Good morning so far. Knocked out a good chest workout, after a breakfast of 5 egg whites and 2 cups of oats. Drinkin a protein drink now, and will have tuna on whole wheat in 1 hour with some broccoli. No signs of slowing down.

Rage
02-17-09, 2:25 pm
Gonna shoot for the Kalamazoo, Michigan Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure Championships. Although now living loud and proud in Cali, I was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and found this to be a great opportunity to participate in a contest with a couple of my high school buddies that are still in the game. We are all 40 yrs. old, and ready to go. Anyone who falls short and wants to quit is forced to join the Figure Division, HA. This contest is held in April, so it won't be til next year, and even then, I'll have to work my ass off.

That is awesome bro! Whats the date. You should join us for our next SoCal training...

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 2:38 pm
Awesome brother. Very cool to see that you are so motivated to doing a show. I also have a show in April however mine is this year. Good luck and im subbed for the ride!

Pain Stricken
02-18-09, 11:20 am
Meeting for some training sounds great. I'll stay connected a little better here this time. I had the last of any more kids last year, just celebrated his 1st B-day yesterday, so things are a lot less hectic, allowing me to have a little me time, and that will be spent puttin on some size.

Beginning stats on me, soon to be changing with a 100% better diet. I am 6'0 tall, and 214 very average lbs. Definitely not putting up record breaking poundage, but am able to bring the pain none the less. Body fat % measured by using the old fashioned tape and calipers is roughly 20%. This is not good, but I will not worry about this for a while, so I can build strength and size. My diet will be fairly clean, so this should automatically drop a little bit very soon.

I will work shoulders and arms today. It is a day off for me, so I look forward to puttin down some clean calories, and taking a short jog on the treadmill to spark the metabolism, so I can eat a little more than usual. I try to eat every 3 hours, but would like to switch that up and eat every two when possible.

Pain Stricken
02-18-09, 11:22 am
Date for the contest is April 18 2010. Good luck on yours Tree! Time flies during this stage of prep. Stay focused, can't wait to hear the results.

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 12:22 pm
Date for the contest is April 18 2010. Good luck on yours Tree! Time flies during this stage of prep. Stay focused, can't wait to hear the results.

Nice brotha and same to you. I cant believe im 3 weeks in already. I cant wait to get back on stage.

Pain Stricken
02-21-09, 1:40 am
Took a short break from posting, but no rest from the gym. Put the first week of training behind me by putting the hurtin to my wheels. My co workers do not understand the agony after a good leg workout, most of them would call in sick for this kind of pain.

What do you call a guy that can almost bench more than he can squat? Besides a candy ass! An ex Marine who has spent a lot of time worrying about being too sore to run the day after a leg workout, so skipped it to be safe. Those days are over, I am obsessed to bring up my legs. I know what it takes, work!

Still eatin them calories, and keepin the diet clean.

Not quite ready to post my workout yet, but it's coming next week. Also, I will start to get an outline of my diet together, and would love to have it ripped to pieces. Always room for improvements.

Rage
02-25-09, 9:26 am
Took a short break from posting, but no rest from the gym. Put the first week of training behind me by putting the hurtin to my wheels. My co workers do not understand the agony after a good leg workout, most of them would call in sick for this kind of pain.

What do you call a guy that can almost bench more than he can squat? Besides a candy ass! An ex Marine who has spent a lot of time worrying about being too sore to run the day after a leg workout, so skipped it to be safe. Those days are over, I am obsessed to bring up my legs. I know what it takes, work!

Still eatin them calories, and keepin the diet clean.

Not quite ready to post my workout yet, but it's coming next week. Also, I will start to get an outline of my diet together, and would love to have it ripped to pieces. Always room for improvements.

We are here to help Pain..best of luck and stay after it..work those legs...You should check out tree's quads..he knows a thing or two..