PDA

View Full Version : Water before bed, interrupting sleep...

ANewBreed
02-16-09, 2:29 pm
Now I'd like to make it clear that Im not asking if its ok to drink a gallon of water before bed, however, up until I close my eyes, I sip on water as I normally would throughout the day. I usually wake up once a night to use the rest room and Ive been wondering if that has any detrimental effects on the level of recovery I get from sleep?

Aggression
02-16-09, 2:34 pm
Now I'd like to make it clear that Im not asking if its ok to drink a gallon of water before bed, however, up until I close my eyes, I sip on water as I normally would throughout the day. I usually wake up once a night to use the rest room and Ive been wondering if that has any detrimental effects on the level of recovery I get from sleep?

I wouldn't worry about it. We all awake mid-slumber to use the bathroom. Drinking a gallon of water will do that to you. Don't read too much into it. You're only up for about 1min anyway and its in a zombie-like state. I know once I'm finished, I get into bed and its back to dreamland in seconds.

tec9
02-16-09, 2:40 pm
naa man its all good it doesnt effect your recovery but personally i drink gallon of water between 9-11pm (ofcourse throughout all day too) so whatever rest room i use is between 9-12 after that once in a while.You dont have to drink water before bed cus you have to drink your protein shake n prbly drink an hour before you go to bed
pz

C.Coronato
02-16-09, 2:56 pm
haha. oh i know that one tooo well. I literally roll out of bed, bump into the door and walls, finally make it and open my eyes just enough to get a little big of light in. Im pretty sure i forget to flush half the time and that im pretty sure im still sleeping during half of it. lol.

Aggression
02-16-09, 3:07 pm
haha. oh i know that one tooo well. I literally roll out of bed, bump into the door and walls, finally make it and open my eyes just enough to get a little big of light in. Im pretty sure i forget to flush half the time and that im pretty sure im still sleeping during half of it. lol.

Exactly what happens to me. zombie-mode during the night time piss. I love it tho. I love getting back into bed at 3am, knowing I still have a few solid hours of sleep left.

C.Coronato
02-16-09, 3:34 pm
ya such a good feeling to get back in bed. look at that clock and smile and drift away haha. Good old Zombie Piss.

ANewBreed
02-16-09, 5:25 pm
lol ok thanks. I figured it couldnt be TOO bad, but hey every bit helps when youre not "enhanced"

theharjmann
02-16-09, 6:19 pm
the worst is when you need a shit in the middle of the night.....

i woke up at 7am once.....i'd been sat asleep on the shitter for 3 hours! Fuck knows how i didnt fall off!

Aggression
02-16-09, 10:49 pm

i woke up at 7am once.....i'd been sat asleep on the shitter for 3 hours! Fuck knows how i didnt fall off!

As amazing as it may sound, I don't think I EVER had to wake up to shit. Waking up to piss is a normal nightly occurrence though.

barischeg
02-16-09, 11:39 pm

lol that is just hilarious..

BB
02-17-09, 4:30 am

haha wow

Alk
02-17-09, 9:25 am

I hear yah.

That's pretty f!cking insane man, I'm wondering the same thing lol. I've woken up on my bathroom floor before myself, so I know how it feels.

Everyone talking about the "zombie-like state", I totally feel yah. Esp. after a leg day, my walk to the bathroom is incredibly slow and akwards lol

theharjmann
02-17-09, 9:39 am
Everyone talking about the "zombie-like state", I totally feel yah. Esp. after a leg day, my walk to the bathroom is incredibly slow and akwards lol

it is definitely awkward, but that the night that i have jsut done legs; if i wake up and go to the toilet and my legs hurt, i always give myself a little pat on the back even when im in the zombie liek state!

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 10:24 am
it is definitely awkward, but that the night that i have jsut done legs; if i wake up and go to the toilet and my legs hurt, i always give myself a little pat on the back even when im in the zombie liek state!

haha everyone deserves their own pat every now and again just to remind themselves that they made it thru another leg down, down another set of stairs and drove the car home. Gotta love leg day.

DreamZero
02-17-09, 12:14 pm
being awake for more than 3 seconds fucks up your melatonin levels. i'd avoid that as much as possible.

stumblin54
02-17-09, 1:40 pm
being awake for more than 3 seconds fucks up your melatonin levels. i'd avoid that as much as possible.

I'd say overall though, drinking water throughout the day (the culprit for having to wake up at night) is more important. It only takes about 30 minutes to fall back into REM and then you're good to go. Just don't make a habit of having to get up say three or four times a night, that wouldn't be so good.

Stumblin

violator
02-18-09, 5:49 am
make the most of the situation....mix a shake with xtra glutamine before u go to sleep, keep it in the fridge & bang it on ur way back from the zombie piss......

Big Wides
02-18-09, 7:38 am
You guys are thinking way to much/hard on this....wake up, take piss, then go back to sleep. Its that easy, its not like your taking a 3 hour piss

Elite
02-18-09, 9:17 am
You guys are thinking way to much/hard on this....wake up, take piss, then go back to sleep. Its that easy, its not like your taking a 3 hour piss

Yep.
Sleep goes in stages and cycles.
Stage 1 (Drowsiness)
Stage 2 (Light Sleep)
Stages 3 & 4 (Deep Sleep)
REM sleep (Dream Sleep)

and repeats a few times. Your most likely waking at the begining of your second or third light cycle, so just make sure you get straight back in bed after your piss.

I drink water all through the day, up until bed and yet no matter how much i drink, plus a protein shake, i have still never had to wake to piss, ever. Weird...

theharjmann
02-18-09, 9:21 am
Yep.
Sleep goes in stages and cycles.
Stage 1 (Drowsiness)
Stage 2 (Light Sleep)
Stages 3 & 4 (Deep Sleep)
REM sleep (Dream Sleep)

and repeats a few times. Your most likely waking at the begining of your second or third light cycle, so just make sure you get straight back in bed after your piss.

I drink water all through the day, up until bed and yet no matter how much i drink, plus a protein shake, i have still never had to wake to piss, ever. Weird...

wanna swap bladders?

TheRagingBoxer
02-18-09, 9:56 am
I agree I have also recently been waking up throughout the night because of all the water I drink throughout the day and my before bed protein shake. I have heard that taking saw palmetto helps with pissing less throughout the day as well as the night!