PDA

View Full Version : Tricep and overall arm

bighit17wolves
02-16-09, 5:26 pm
any tips or tricks to put some size on my arms, they dont respond to well liek the rest of me.... i seem to get good pumps off cables and supersets and negative

C.Coronato
02-16-09, 5:29 pm
Hey brother if you get good pumps off supersets and cables stick to that! Until you no longer get pumps, thats when you should change!

shizz702
02-16-09, 5:32 pm
If you want bigger arms your whole body has to get bigger. Put on about 10 lbs and you should see a nice increase in your arms. Focus on hitting your compound lifts (squats, presses, pulls) heavy, and get stronger on your basic arm builders. For your triceps hit up weighted dips, and skull crushers, for your biceps weighted chin ups, and barbell curls.

staudt
02-17-09, 2:53 pm
for every 10lbs of muscle you gain you gain about 1inch to your arms

mritter3
02-17-09, 6:13 pm
heavy compound movements, do some heavy dips and skulls....and heavy bb curls....make sure your eating like a madman, if your not feeding them they will not respond no matter how much you lift..

BaseballMonster
02-19-09, 8:16 am
Straight Bar Pushdowns

Rope Pushdowns

Dips (w/ 45 lb plates)

Kickbacks

Overhead Tricep Extensions (with db lying on the bench)

and then at the end try to do as many Pushups as you can (till failure) for three sets, shitt will stiffen up those arms......

Firefist
02-19-09, 8:49 am
for every 10lbs of muscle you gain you gain about 1inch to your arms

do you realize how much ten pounds of muscle is!?!?!? clearly you dont mean that...

perhaps your body is getting used to those excercises you like doing. in that case, switch it up! you dont have to completely change the exercise, you can just change angles and see a difference. Ex). I did skullcrushers for and after a while, they seemed to not contribute much to my growth, so i changed it to ez bar overhead extensions, the next day, i was sore as fuck. after a while, i knew i had to switch it up again, this time, decline skullcrushers. This way, the growth continues!

To pack some good size on those arms, you cant expect isolation excercises like tricep pulldowns to be the meat and potatoes of your workout. Large weight brings large arms, good form pending of course. Just like how a great chest isnt built with just flyes, same concept.

Warmup with 2 sets of pulldowns, 15 reps, just to warm up.
throw in some heavy closegrip (if you havent been doing them).
get in some good skullcrushers, going the full range of motion of course.
belt up and do some weighted dips.
THEN, finish off with the tricep extensions to end it.

hmm...i seem to remember a quote that i read on here....

"What works is what your not doing."