PDA

View Full Version : My Log...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ghost
01-09-07, 8:40 am
I am just kind of curious as to what kind of injuries most people have sustained and had to overcome for the life

I know for myself, back in 2004 i severed the tendons in my right hand pinky and ring finger...resulting in 4 surgeries and the 4th was where they ended up cutting the pinky off, and half of the ring finger...was tough to get back in to it. i was lifting in between my surgeries (barely any weight) to keep the arm used to the movement and not to let the muscles atrophe.
The last surgery was in March of 06, and i have had to COMPLETLEY redo my lifting styles. you would be amazed at what a difference those 2 fingers make in your lift. you have to change the way you grip the dumbells completely for that hand.

that and you get some weird looks. lol. i use those looks, and i look at my hand and remember the long hard recovery road..and use that energy and fuel my powerlifting sets, and push myself to grow in size and strength.

i feel that, with me, it is mind over matter...i can ignore the pain in my hand and force myself to push it even harder, and i feel like i am constantly having to strive to prove myself to, well...myself.
I have only done 2 powerlifting competitions in my time, placing top in my class for both. they were personal conquests for me. i needed to know that among the people i have been working out with through the years MY gains have pushed past theirs, even though my size has not.

powerlifting is a selfish lifestyle...and i LOVE IT.

Strength and Honor brothers...

strength and honor.

widdlewade44
01-09-07, 11:09 am
Damn dude. Inspirational. Way to stick with it through hard times. Takes a lot of brass to keep following your dreams. Awesome. Strength and honor.

Kevin
widdlewade44

ghost
01-09-07, 11:21 am
Thanks man, i really appreciate it. it gets tough, and i have to try and work on my hand a lot to fix it. but all i can ever remember are my tattoos.

Achieve anything without Fear
Neart (strength in gaelic)
Saraigh (overcome in gaelic)
and many other tattoos.

Freak
01-09-07, 4:27 pm
I am just kind of curious as to what kind of injuries most people have sustained and had to overcome for the life

I know for myself, back in 2004 i severed the tendons in my right hand pinky and ring finger...resulting in 4 surgeries and the 4th was where they ended up cutting the pinky off, and half of the ring finger...was tough to get back in to it. i was lifting in between my surgeries (barely any weight) to keep the arm used to the movement and not to let the muscles atrophe.
The last surgery was in March of 06, and i have had to COMPLETLEY redo my lifting styles. you would be amazed at what a difference those 2 fingers make in your lift. you have to change the way you grip the dumbells completely for that hand.

that and you get some weird looks. lol. i use those looks, and i look at my hand and remember the long hard recovery road..and use that energy and fuel my powerlifting sets, and push myself to grow in size and strength.

i feel that, with me, it is mind over matter...i can ignore the pain in my hand and force myself to push it even harder, and i feel like i am constantly having to strive to prove myself to, well...myself.
I have only done 2 powerlifting competitions in my time, placing top in my class for both. they were personal conquests for me. i needed to know that among the people i have been working out with through the years MY gains have pushed past theirs, even though my size has not.

strength and honor.

Cool thread brother... Looking forward to reading more of your insights.

ghost
01-09-07, 4:43 pm
Thank you brother

it has been a really hard road both physically and mentally...

the hardest part was the mental game. just reassuring myself that i CAN do that weight without those 2 fingers.. and that i CAN grow by leaps and bounds past those bigger guys in my gym if i push myself hard enough. and to know that no matter what i will always have my will and determination behind me pushing me to go higher in this lifestyle.

i just found out today that they may have to go back in on my hand and release some of the tension that is on my middle fingers tendon because it is screwed up...

so now i sit here thinking to myself, Why keep lifting if they are just going to cut me open again and again?

then i remember my Ranger Unit Motto...Achieve anything without fear.

i remember that no matter what i am always going to have my mind and my will....and that no matter what, i am a stubborn mother fucker and i will keep pushing myself til i hit my goals..and when i hit those goals, i will set higher ones after that and go from there.

i remember that no matter what, this is my lifestyle, and this was my CHOICE...i could have sat on the sidelines watching life go by. but i dont. I chose this lifestyle because i want to defy gravity with the weights. I want to scare the shit out of people when i am at the gym benching 300. i want to eat my stale ass fucking diets.

i WANT this life.

Strength and Honor.

Freak
01-09-07, 5:06 pm
Thank you brother

it has been a really hard road both physically and mentally...

the hardest part was the mental game. just reassuring myself that i CAN do that weight without those 2 fingers.. and that i CAN grow by leaps and bounds past those bigger guys in my gym if i push myself hard enough. and to know that no matter what i will always have my will and determination behind me pushing me to go higher in this lifestyle.

i just found out today that they may have to go back in on my hand and release some of the tension that is on my middle fingers tendon because it is screwed up...

so now i sit here thinking to myself, Why keep lifting if they are just going to cut me open again and again?

then i remember my Ranger Unit Motto...Achieve anything without fear.

i remember that no matter what i am always going to have my mind and my will....and that no matter what, i am a stubborn mother fucker and i will keep pushing myself til i hit my goals..and when i hit those goals, i will set higher ones after that and go from there.

i remember that no matter what, this is my lifestyle, and this was my CHOICE...i could have sat on the sidelines watching life go by. but i dont. I chose this lifestyle because i want to defy gravity with the weights. I want to scare the shit out of people when i am at the gym benching 300. i want to eat my stale ass fucking diets.

i WANT this life.

Strength and Honor.

Brother, you and I think alike... Most people think lifting takes place at the level of bone and muscle. Nah, serious lifting takes place between the ears. It takes place in the heart....

Big Jawn
01-09-07, 5:09 pm
Hey man, congrats on the winning struggle. Curious how you deadlift, hook grip I'm assuming?

ghost
01-09-07, 5:10 pm
if you dont have the heart to endure the hardships of this life...you will get no where.

JUGGERNAUT
01-09-07, 5:12 pm

strength and honor.

One of the elite, great post.

TheNaturalG
01-09-07, 6:28 pm
We all have certain aches and pains and body parts that always bother us so the I only thing for me that is worth saying is that I had a hernia operation 3 months ago.

naturalguy
01-09-07, 8:55 pm
I've had quite a few injuries through the years. Rotator cuff tears, elbow tendonitis amongst others. You gotta be smart about training and warming up. I no longer "push through the pain", if something hurts I now stop and evaluate it whereas when I was younger, I would try to tough it out.

Also Animal Flex is my new best friend :)

qbmurderer73
01-09-07, 9:29 pm
Ive also had a few in the past from previous sports (wrestling and football) torn lebrum in my shoulder, both acl's torn, as well as one of my pcl's. I still dont have an acl in my right knee which I should probably get fixed but the doc said my length strength has compensated for my loss. Theres nothing I hate more than hospitals let me tell you.

ransom.holland
01-10-07, 11:53 pm
1. fractured left colar bone doing a flip
2. fractured left colar bone, doing a "bike" flip
3. fractured right colar bone, ran into a hurricane prook fences post
4. cracked right kneecap, had knee sugery
5. broke right wrist 3 places, while jumping a ramp
6. broke left wrist on roller blades
7. fractured skull, flew off hood of car going 35mph
8. cracked neck (not that serious but had to wear a brace) in a fight
9. broke tail bone in a fight

now i walk with a little limp... I might be missing a few things.

Big Jawn
01-11-07, 12:20 am
1. fractured left colar bone doing a flip
2. fractured left colar bone, doing a "bike" flip
3. fractured right colar bone, ran into a hurricane prook fences post
4. cracked right kneecap, had knee sugery
5. broke right wrist 3 places, while jumping a ramp
6. broke left wrist on roller blades
7. fractured skull, flew off hood of car going 35mph
8. cracked neck (not that serious but had to wear a brace) in a fight
9. broke tail bone in a fight

now i walk with a little limp... I might be missing a few things.

haha and not a single lifting injury!?

RedIron 392
01-11-07, 7:38 am
1. Fused lower back
2. Broken ankle, 2 screws
3. Broken leg
4. Broken forearm, 7 screws, a rod and a plate
5. Broken hand
6. 3 knee operations, Left knee
7. 2 dislocated shoulders
8. Toren bicep tendons

That's it for now.

ironWarrior417
01-12-07, 4:38 pm
My last season of baseball before I decided to pursue lifting and bodybuilding seriously took a toll on my body, especially now as I go deep and deeper into lifting and the choices become obvious...suck it up or bite the bullet. Here's the laundry list of ways baseball screwed me up.

Nerve damage in my left hand, both elbows, and both shoulders
Seperated both shoulders
Three broken toes
Bad rotator cuffs (my own doing)
Fried trap
Ripped two toenails off
And tore both my ACL and meniscus on the same play (a whole 'nother story)

But the thing about tearing my ACL and meniscus...I didn't need surgery. The off-season work I did in the weight room building my legs and hammies (stiff-legged deads, especially) saved me from the knife. The doc looked at my xrays and told me to take it easy for a while. And I'm just about back, in leg development at least.

Arbalest
01-13-07, 10:11 pm
rcott1 -- you've got a huge heart bro!

Injuries:

Crushed both wrists in motorcycle wreck. Now i'm bionic. Plates and screws in my wrists from that one.

Broken Skull and Cracked Femur from Bike Riding. Drunk girl turned right into me! I screwed that truck up bad though! The bitch tried to drive away and got a couple blocks and must have thought better of it, so she came back. Told the cops she didn't realize she hit me! LMAO... You should have seen that truck! Big 4x4 Chevy. Broke the mirror off with my head, and caved in the WHOLE SIDE of the truck. I guess i hit it multiple times. She also ran over my arm in the process. I had tire tread marks on my arm for a month.

Torn Hamstring from DL'ing. Currently rehabbing.

Big Jawn
01-14-07, 1:15 am
Might as well throw mine in here, not that theres many.

I've never broken a bone, but have, patella tendonittis, two grade 2 ankle sprains, dislocated jaw two times, broken nose two times, severed nerves in left hand-can't feel two fingers...haha its pretty trippy sometimes and besides minor pulls and tear thats about it.

ghost
01-14-07, 6:33 pm
there are those days.....

those days where i sit here and wonder to myself, "why bother?"

then i remember my life choice....my determination..
i had a physical the other day...
I have reynauds...which is a blood circulation problem where the blood doesnt flow to my hands/feet in colder weather..sitting here in my 70 degree apartment, my hands and feet are freezing.

i have barrets esophagus, which is a tear in the lining of the esophagus leading to the early stages of cancer, i cough constantly from it..

and i found out that i have 2 cysts on my testicular sac that may be cancerous..so it has been a really rough month for me....all i can do to get by is remember the code....remember that we are elite...we are above everyone else in life. we are the ones that defy gravity, and if we can defy gravity we can do any-fucking-thing we want.

the doctor said to me, "other than those problems you are as healthy as a horse." so i guess i got that goin for me. lol

next week i have 5 days straight of Dr appointments, and i am not really looking forward to the results. worst case scenario....2 forms of cancer, and another hand surgery or two.

best case scenario....cancer isnt going to spread and only 1 hand surgery.

I feel like this lifestyle is pushing me to strengthen my will and determination. forcing me to become even stronger on a daily basis...it is really hard seeing my parents worry and my mom cry and me just sitting there..nothing i can really do about it.

i look at the Animal posters i have around my place every day and remember the will and determination of my fellow brothers of iron out there.....how we are all bound by blood to this lifestyle...

i remember that no matter what, this lifestyle and this mentality can get me through anything. and whatever doesnt kill me sure as fuck will make me stronger...and push me to test the boundaries of gravity even more on a daily basis...

not a day goes by where i just want to sit here and cry about it all...but fuck that. i am not going to let this get me down, to weaken my spirits...to change my mentality..

I will "achieve anything without fear". i have that tattoo'd on my right arm in japanese..as well as many other sayings that help push me in my daily struggle.

i asked what kind of treatments they have for the reynauds...their answer..."move where it is warm"

all i can do is live my life one day at a time i guess...remembering that my will and determination and lifestyle are never-changing...and they will never break.

Strength and Honor brothers.

always remember the code.

Strength and Honor.

spisco85
01-15-07, 5:59 pm
@rcott-you are the man brother. Keep it up brother more than half the battle is mental and you got that part conquered.

I fucked up my ankle pretty good walking back to our trucks after a mission in Iraq. The ground here sucks. I didn't want to be non-mission capable so i rested it for about 12 hours and then slowly started putting pressure on it. Six weeks later I can finally run on it.

ghost
01-15-07, 6:45 pm
figured i would start a thread just where i can spit some shit to everyone about my thoughts daily about our lifestyle

went to get the first part of the bloodwork started today...had to fast for 14 hrs for it..MAN did that suck.

i get to the hospital and they were asking me how i was doing...couldnt hear myself think over my stomach yelling at me....my mom took me to lunch...mistake for her..that cost her 35 bucks. i was hungry...

now i sit here and realize something else. im still hungry. i am hungry for our life. for our code..i am hungry in the sense that i cant get enough of this shit. i dont think ill ever be able to get enough of this...but i know that in order to grow your body needs rest as well...so i force myself to do just that...

they say that our life is a selfish one...i agree. this life is full of "i want's"...not the "need" but the want...the desire to be the baddest mother fucker on the block.

this place.....this is what i want. i love this life. Every day you have to remind yourself of the code....Strength and Honor....if you dont live your life by these 2 basic principles you can fail miserably....and you can fall flat on your ass.

i look at the weight sitting there on the bar....mocking me...trying to tell me that i cant do it..i dont have it in me...so i prove to it that i do in fact have it in me...and then some..

The weights are calling.....

time to answer

more to come.

Strength and Honor.

Hornets DT #69
01-15-07, 7:24 pm
Thats a great story man. Thats the kind of stuff that inspires me to go out and get after it. Intensity, you said you had elbow tendonitis? I am going through the same thing right now. Im on some anti-inflams and icing it but it couldn't have come at a worse time. With all these comps and football combines coming up in the spring all i think about is getting back to the weights. I got some of those straps for tennis elbow and its feeling a bit better so i'm gonna get after it first thing in the morning tommorrow. BTW the stories on here are awesome!

Achilles
01-16-07, 12:39 am
Elbow Tendonitis, comes and goes .. which basically means before I do anything involveing arm power I have to stretch out good. I also used to arm wrestle alot but last time put me outa the gym for 3 weeks so Ive gave it up entirely

Clydesdale
01-18-07, 8:18 pm
Damn I hate being injured. I currently am working on recovering from tron triangular fibro cartilage in my wrist, torn cartilage in my knee. Might need surgery gotta go see. But previously I have had, torn cartilage between my ribs, multiple fractures in the hand and fingers, also had my hip reset back into place a few dozen times while I was trying to rehab. I can do all of this because I have seen others I know come back from things that are so much harder.
My uncle is my inspiration, a few years ago he had gone into the hospital for major heart surgery, 4 way bypass. He wasn't healing well, they later amputated both legs. I helped him in the hospital everyday after college classes and work, I would spend my nights in the hospital caring for him. He was hooked up to everymachine they had. He is a fighter. 9 months later he came out of the hospital, eager to regain his independence. He finally got back some mobility after being fit for a prosthetic leg. Everyday he would work on standing on his one leg so that they would fit him for a second so that he could walk again. My HERO. He was at home practicing with his one leg, he fell, hit his head. He went to the hospital, was later released. He died at home that night, May 1st 2006.
Uncle Ken my HERO. If he can do all that, my knee and wrist surgery, my shit thats nothing.

bigmack712004
01-19-07, 1:25 am
The worst injury I have had that is lifting related was when I was maxing on squats at 465 lbs. I was about half way up and I heard a pop and I started sinking pretty fast. My training coach at the time said okay that's enough. I screamed, "no one touch the bar!" I later came to find out I instantaneously dislocated and relocated my hip. I tried going to one chiropractor for it because since then my foot on my right leg is pointed outwards at a 30 degree angle. The first one I went to tried to fix it, but it didn't help. I guess I will have to try another. Anyway my has a small pop to it with any motion past 90 degrees now.

Evaniel
01-19-07, 10:36 am
Cubital tunnel syndrome, which affects the elbows, mainly. That's the only persistant injury other than bone spurs in the ball of my heel (no loss there, I'm not a marathon runner anyway).

What was it in Batman Begins? "Why do we fall down? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up."

IronLeague
01-20-07, 5:21 am
I tore my left pec a month ago and had surgery.. I'm training again now hard and heavy except for chest... I had my first (LIGHT) chest day two days ago.. Couple more months and I should be under some plates on the bench again.

Respect,
IronLeague

ghost
01-25-07, 9:52 am
been a while since i have posted in this thread...my own fault...been too busy with the dr.s offices.

had my throat biopsy done yesterday. have to go to my urologyst today, then my hand surgeon....

sitting here in my office at work, staring at all the other employees....i sit and wonder what they are thinking...how they cant see the obvious truths to life..one of the employees brought in a cake...it isnt even 9am and it is already gone....i swear these fuckers are expecting our bldg to explode at any second..the minute someone brings in food here, it is like they are the starving children of africa.

then there are the people who eat and eat and eat, none of which is healthy food mind you, and then think that "walking at lunch" will help counter all that food...

my initial bloodwork came back, they said my cholesterol was high..220...then told me to "watch my diet and exercise" i couldnt stop laughing at that statement. all of this of course means MORE fucking bloodwork, and another 14 hr fasting period.

after my endoscopy yesterday, they told me that i wasnt supposed to lift for 2-3 days...so i went home and did shoulders. guess i am just stubborn like that. they also tried telling me that i wasnt allowed to eat 3-4 hrs before sleeping. they dont understand that we are currently in bulking season, and i eat more than normal???

one of the guys in the office just left...huffing and puffing, i asked what the emergency was...he was out of breath just from walking to my office..

i get so flabbergasted as to how people can get so fucking lazy, and NOT want to DO something about it...they just get fatter and fatter....we at least have a purpose in gaining weight..

wish i could get outta here to go hit the weights. i feel the need to blast the shit outta my arms.

ghost
01-25-07, 10:41 am
my little brother just called me...he is 24 and has spent the last year and a half sitting on his ass in bars...not lifting/working out at all....he had e-mailed me a while back asking me for a good work out routine, so i sent him an older one that i got off of here.

I warned him that legs take 2 days to feel the full effect of the workout, and that FORM is more important than how much weight he is pushing.

i also told him that i am gonna have to sit down with him and go over a good diet for him to get harder.

so he calls this morning and the first question he asks is, "are my tri's supposed to STILL be hurting from monday, and what it meant...

i told him that when just getting back in to working out after such a great period of time off, his body will be hurting longer and that Yeah, he is fine and better continue the routines. his next statement was great, "you werent kidding about the legs thing man, i got out of bed to shut off my alarm clock and fell down."
lmfao.

strength and honor

ps. always spread the word and lend a hand when you have someone that is actually willing to learn.

Freak
01-25-07, 10:49 am
Looking forward to your thoughts bro.

ghost
01-25-07, 1:18 pm
So i just got in from my urologyst appointment to find out about the cysts on my scrotum...yeah i know everyone wants to hear.. lol.
both are benign.....

on the way back to the office i was thinking to myself..."fucker, you should be ecstatic that they arent cancerous" ....but as i sat there...i came to the realisation that i didnt care either way. my only real question to the Dr was how it would affect my lifting..to which his answer was that it wouldnt and to "press on brother"

i have had a lot of shit happen to me, as have most of you i realise, and for the majority of it...my only question was, "how will this affect my lifting?"

i have to see my hand surgeon here in a little bit to find out when my next hand surgery is, and i already know that my only question is going to be, "how quick can i get back to the iron?"

the iron consumes us all....and i wouldnt have it any other way. today is cheat day for my lunch, so i got a large pizza...remembering how much i hate pizza half way through the thing, but i know that it is a lot of calories and fat and all that shit.

sitting here still...i can hear my weights at home screaming for me to hurry the fuck up so i can get to training. this paper-pushing bullshit is boring. i have spent the majority of my day here in the office....sitting on the forum reading and re-reading the thoughts of you..my fellow brothers of iron.

the calling is out there....are you strong enough to answer it? do you have the balls to do what it takes to accomplish your goals? do you have the determination to live our lifestyle? are going daring enough to actually sit down and take a REALISTIC look at your life, and accept what has to change for this lifestyle?

the answer for US is yes...the answer for the majority is No......

i am glad to be one of the few.

Strength and Honor.

ghost
01-25-07, 11:14 pm
so i have been kind of down in the dumps lately mentally...

got a lot of shit going on...work is hell. i hate my job, i hate michigan...i need to move to a warmer climate in order for my hands to be ok. but i cant find a fucking job down there for the life of me. i have exhausted every avenue i can think of. one of my buddies suggested going to some private company that does security...i know this guy..and i know this company..im no fuckin merc.

i served my country with great honor and integrity..i would never deface my own past with my present path..............no fucking way.

only good thing i honestly have going for me right now is my training...i have noticed some considerable gains in muscle size and weight.
other than that, life has pretty much sucked.

i live a very structured routine.....meals are at 12,3,6,9,12,3,6,9,12 repeat....day in and day out..get up at 4, work out..shit shower shave, work...eat...come home and play some video games for a little bit, then lift again, then sit around.

and i know we all get in these ruts at times...and i hate em. i fucking hate that bullshit.

i need a new job..i need to move..but more importantly, i need more weights here at home.

i just mainly have to get my head out of my ass and remember our code...keep reading it over and over and over...

remind myself what i am living this life for....i chose this life..

i need to sleep..

until next time.
Strength and Honor.

NZ Ironhead
01-26-07, 12:43 am
Great posts bro - I enjoy reading them. The call of the iron is strong. The more I come to this forum, the stronger the call. For the last two weeks its almost become an obsession and I'm fucking loving it - keep up the posts bro - I'll be waiting to read them.

Peace

ghost
01-26-07, 9:36 am
thanks brother..i appreciate the kind words.

today is a different day. i sat up last night taking a look at my life, and my mentality and was wondering why i was down...re-reading some of my own thoughts and shit strewn about my apartment, i remembered that life is hard. being an animal...is harder. i could have it easier if i wanted to and give up on the iron...but the iron has NEVER given up on me.

the iron has always been there when i needed it...it doesnt get upset when i am screaming in my sets at it...when i toss it to the ground, when i abuse the weights. and it never will

this lifestyle we have chosen, has chosen us in a way.....it has called us to a greater purpose in life. we are Animals, and we can't be fucked with.

strength and honor brothers.

ghost
01-26-07, 7:24 pm
even more shit to reaffirm my love for the iron

one of my friends at my office called me up yesterday and asked if i would go with to some bowling thing that she was being dragged in to...i said yeah, i have to lift after work though

so today i reminded her that i had to lift after work before we would go anywhere. she was gonna drive...my dumb ass has a suspended license.

we had to be at this place by 630 or some shit...i get home from work at 445, get my pills in me, get ready and started lifting around 515..only did chest and some tri's tonight, get done at 6. she calls asking if i was ready...i informed her that i just got done lifting.

she goes in to this long fucking complaint about my lifting and our lifestyle. i stopped her mid-sentence and said, "if you have a problem with my lifestyle...that sucks, i told you before-hand that i had to work out. if it bothers you that much, have fun bowling."
-click.

people need to realize that i am not going to change my life just to make someone happy, specially when they knew my priority listing....they know that my number 1 priority is lifting.

not like i can bowl anyways. i only have 2 and a half fingers on my right hand. lol.

Friends come and go, but 200 lbs is always going to be 200 lbs.

remember the code brothers,

Strength and Honor.

Enforcer25
01-27-07, 1:48 am
I like the Strength and Honor code. There aren't many people that live by that anymore. I like reading your posts Bro, and it made me think about what you said about the weights. They are always there, always ready, will never let you down, the weights keep me sane and focused. I love the way I feel after a hard workout. Keep the posts coming Bro.

ghost
01-27-07, 5:33 pm
thanks enforcer...

the code of strength and honor....we used it in my ranger unit before any op. dates back to the romans and possibly before them..

they really go hand in hand. and they also bring forth so many other attributes in all of us....honor brings out integrity, truth, justice, just to name a few.

strength drives our determination and inspirations...and our physical movements.

there are many others...

now...i got a call yesterday about a job i applied for down in houston.. im really hoping i get it. too early to say yet. thankfully the company focuses on health as well as everything else.
sitting here on the couch, it is rather difficult to type today...i did chest and tri's last night. really beat the shit outta myself too.

i really love having my equipment here in my apartment. i can blast my music as loud as i want w.out anyone bitching about it..that and all of my neighbors know that if they were to complain about my music, id just turn it up louder.

had to fast again yesterday for more fucking bloodwork that was done today...i really hate that shit. i HATE not being able to eat for 14 hours...all over a 3 minute ordeal in the hospital..got home and had a dozen egg whites and some oatmeal, felt like puking afterwards...no way was that coming back up though, i would have just had to have made it again and re-done that meal.

now im laying here on the couch...today is my rest day..i hate rest days..but i know that you have to rest to grow....i feel so damn lazy on rest days. i have nothing to do but sit around and play video games.

maybe if i fall asleep, tomorrow will come along quicker.

strength and honor brothers

ghost
01-28-07, 1:18 pm
i got a phone call yesterday that i had been expecting for the past few weeks. one of my staff members' brothers passed away..he had been battling cancer for a while, and near the end didnt even have the strength to get up and piss.

it really puts life in to perspective....
no matter how strong you may think you are...a virus can do that to you..can cripple you in every way.

for a split second, it kinda made me question the point of the weights......but then i remember. we arent here for a long time, we are here for a good time.

cancer runs deep in my family history....it'll probably catch up to me, this i know....but until then, im going to stare down the path of our lifestyle, and say 'bring it on mother fucker!"

i can sit here all day and spit some macho bullshit at you, but it isnt the truth....cancer scares the SHIT out of me.....it really does. but until i have to face that demon...i am going to do everything in my power to defy gravity even more....i will not fall victim to the weaker mentality that claws in the back of my mind....i am stronger than that...i know i am.

oddly enough, im listening to my mp3 player, and Metallica's Nothing Else Matters just came on....

ironic.

Dont ever give up brothers....dont ever let the weaker mentality that is clawing at the backs of our minds win. Strenght and Honor brothers...

strength is going to drive our minds further down our path...Honor will keep us true to our life.

never forget the code...live it on a daily basis...for you never know when your time has come....

Strength and Honor.

gnoll5
01-28-07, 2:07 pm
this is good shit man...keep fightin' the good fight, you'll come out on top.

ghost
01-28-07, 2:28 pm
Pearl Jam---I am Mine

greatest line from that song that rings SO FUCKING TRUE...

i only own my life.....i know i was born and i know that ill die..the in between is mine.

dont ever forget this brothers....the in between is ours. do what you want with this life, just remember that you OWN it...you can stay in the shadows or shine like a star..sounds gay but is true.

we have answered the call of the iron...the phone is ringing brothers...KEEP ANSWERING.

Buckeye
01-28-07, 5:18 pm
Hey bro, just keep your head and the weights up. The plates can do so much for one's mood. I was with you in the same boat. Growing up in Cleveland with the snow and rain man I just got sick of it one day and moved to phoenix. And ya know what bro? The weights followed me! When you put your head on the pillow at night you know you can effect peoples daily lives but the only person you can truly make happy is you! Keep trucking brother.

Freakshow
01-28-07, 6:14 pm
Keep it up bro, this is some good shit. FreakShow

BigWillay
01-28-07, 6:19 pm
Rc u hang in there brother cuz u know this is just our everyday struggle...the price we gotta pay for this taxing passion for the iron that we have and hold so dearly to our selves....i really like your thoughts brother you sure are real thats for sure...stay strong
strength and honor
amen

gijoe7.62
01-28-07, 9:26 pm
Just wanted to say, I like the posts, they bad ass. Just signed up under an 11x opt 4o (airborne ranger) army contract. Im inspired by your drive and code of honor, hope I learn it too.

ghost
01-29-07, 8:47 pm
chest and tris day...wasnt in the mood to lift today...was a really long day, but once i started up...i didnt want to stop.

i realized while i was lifting today that i still had a lot of bottled up anger from issues in the past...mainly my divorce and how she was cheating on me the entire time we were together....

i didnt even realize it while i was lifting, but i was screaming nearly at the top of my lungs when i was pushing....

it was definitely one of the best work outs i have had in a REALLY long time...i feel like i have a huge weight off of my chest after that one...even though i can barely move my arms...and my tri's are literally twitching while i sit here trying to type this post.

and i know we all have our shit from the past that drives us in our lifts...yeah i use my anger from my divorce in a lot of my lifts..but today was different.
today, i feel like i have no more use for that shit......i feel like i cant use my ex-wife and the divorce as a powerful motivator..

yeah, she cheated on me and treated me like shit. but Fuck her. i kicked her ass out for a fucking reason, and i didnt look back after i made that decision.

it is hard, but in the grand scheme of life, it was a very minor blip in the radar of life.

i can effectively look back at the situation and see that i am MUCH better off without her. all she ever did was bitch when i would work out...really made my work outs suck.

one of my tattoos i got because of my history with martial arts...in japanese it says Dragon Spirit.

we were in the dojo one day training, and our sensei started lecturing us about the unwielding strength and heart of the Dragon.
he explained to us that, "no matter what, the dragon was the most powerful creature ever...and the spirit of the dragon lives on in each of us....you just have to tap in to your inner dragon and unleash the animal inside of you."

i carry that message with me every day..i have it tattood on my back because the spirit of MY dragon is always watching my back...always there...

just like my weights. i know i post a lot about how the weights are always there for us...but it rings so true, that it bears repeating.
no matter what...our unwielding spirit of our inner dragon, our inner animal has been unleashed and is ready to raise some hell.

hit the iron brothers

Strength and Honor.

dIdDy
01-30-07, 1:36 pm
Great stuff. Imagine what you would be like if you didn't have the weights to lift. You would have all of that anger and rage with no outlet. I swear that if i didn't train I would be in the pen for murder. I think that's some people do the horrid things they do. they have no outlet. One day, they just snap. hell, even WITH training it's a challenge to stay sane. if I am sane...who knows...

ghost
01-30-07, 4:11 pm
diddy, i know for a fact i would have killed some one by now if i didnt have the weights.....and i agree, even with the weights it is hard to stay sane...but remember brother...we are ANIMALS...we are NOT sane. for the exact reason that makes us different in every other area of life, we are different than everyone around us, unless we surround ourselves with our fellow brothers in iron..

i am pretty stoked today...looking forward to Thursday....i had ordered a pull-up bar earlier this month online...and it had been on backorder...finally shipped yesterday..will be here thursday next thing i need to get myself is a belt w/chain for weighted pullups and dips.

one of my clients was complaining about people that work out today, and i kind of glared at her, and asked "what problem do you have with bodybuilders?"

her response was that, "they think they are hot shit and always want to show off.." she didnt know who she was talking to.
i sat real close to her and explained that we do not, in fact, feel the need to show off...we "bust our balls for what we have. if someone wants to appreciate how we look, then we are going to let them."

i also explained to her that she will never understand our mentality..just as i do NOT want to understand hers....she is fat, lazy, and useless......3 things i will NEVER become. we have answered to a greater call in life. we have been chosen to show the rest of the world the truth that they do not want to see.....if you work hard for what you want, you can achieve the desired result.

society is too scared to realize that if they were to actually take part in the change they are seeking, they would find that you can do what you want in life.

i am thrilled to be considered an ANIMAL...and part of this community...makes me smile on a daily basis knowing that i have something that they will never have.

so i woke up this morning and my chest and tris were on fucking FIRE. i LOVE that feeling....i love the aftermath..shows me i did it right. i could barely pick up any of the kids today at work...it was hell, and i loved every second of it.

there are days where i wake up, sweat dripping from my face...my pillow drenched..and i remember my dream as if it were still happening..i can wake up and will have that twitch in my muscles. that burning desire to show the weights what im made of, to show em they cant get the best of me...and never will.
im not really sure how many of you actually read this, but i know i read em over n over on a daily basis, and you guys have to remember the code....i know most of you do. dont EVER forget it though. just like i said before, without the code, you will fail in this life....

yeah i know i was jumping around in this post...too many thoughts in my head right now..they are all kind of jumbled together in to one big shit storm that i am going to take out on the weights tonight....lets see what kinda damage i can do to my shoulders tonight.

Strength and Honor brothers

RedLine
01-30-07, 8:58 pm
I love all of your posts. You speak the truth, you are one real motherfucker, and that is a rare thing in society today. I look forward to reading more...keep em coming bro.

tbone
01-31-07, 2:55 am
i'm locked on man. subscribed. keep it coming and showing just how raw life really is.

ghost
01-31-07, 11:09 am
thanks for the motivating posts brothers..

More and more these days things have really been coming in to perspective for me, and I couldn't be more driven. Sitting here I have come to the realisation that we truly are elite in this messed up crazy world that we live in. We are amongst the true believers, the few, the chosen.

We have been called to a true path in life...the iron and the bond of our brotherhood is so deep, words cannot even come close to describing it accurately.

The people that surround me on a daily basis here at work couldn't begin to comprehend our love of the iron if they tried. Most don't even want to try....for they know they would get scared out of their minds when they find out how hardcore we truly are.

They don't understand our seasons, bulking and cutting, they don't understand our drive and passion for this life. This is because they don't want to...Fear of the unknown.

Fear of the unknown shys them away from us...they call us freaks, outcasts, mongers....lots of things. Most importantly, they call us animals.

Whenever someone outside of our life refers to me as an Animal, I take it as a compliment. I look them in the eyes...smile and say, "Thanks."

Unless they were to completely rearrange their life and start from fresh and get in the game...they will never fully understand why we do what we do...

One of my bosses told me that my eating was taking up too much time at work and that eating was to be reserved for lunch time only. I looked at her and laughed...told her to show me where in the company SOP it stated that I couldnt eat during the day....then told her to leave me alone so I could finish my chicken.

They don't realize that I am not going to change for them, ever. I answer to one person and one person only, ME. anyone else can fuck right off..

You want to know why we do what we do....get your head outta your ass and get in the fucking game. Stop sitting on your lazy ass and pick up some dumbells, they are calling...are you strong enough...dedicated enough, to answer?

we have..and i will contine to answer for the rest of my life.

Keep hittin that iron brothers...yeah we have our down days just like everyone else...but remember that you are an ANIMAL and push past that shit.....release the beast inside of you and crush any form of opposition.

This life is full of opposition that lies in our paths. Friends, family, work, diets, weights, our minds....

just remember not to let anything get in your path..for if it does, it had better fear the results of fucking with an animal.

Don't let anything get you down brothers....keep your heads high and remember our code...

Strength and Honor.

RedLine
01-31-07, 7:15 pm
My friend asked me the other day why I wasn't going to play baseball this season. And I told him that it would affect my lifting schedule. He laughed and asked what's the point of lifting if you're not training for a sport. And I answered back with this is my sport, my way of life, and nothing will interfere with it if I can help it. He didn't quite understand the concept of lifting as a sport, as most of my weak ignorant friends are the same way. Some have seen the light, and we will stand together strongly on top of the world and laugh at the puny ones who take double looks at us when we pass by...

ghost
02-02-07, 9:29 pm
redline, anyone that isnt with you in this fight for our life, is against you...

good choice brother

meanwhile, i havent been around for a few days..sorry..kinda got food poisoning wednesday, had to take thursday off of everything...and again today. still no where near 100%..i hate that. couldnt hold anything down, and barely can now..my normal calorie intake has been shot to shit.....and i puked and shit about 5 lbs out...not happy.

im leaving for vegas on monday..cant wait for that..hoping this place has a gym..or i may just take the week off and get more rest so i can come back at a full 200%.

i really hate getting food poisoning...i really do. i gotta yack...ill post more when i get back from vegas..

ShaqFu
02-03-07, 7:00 pm
I gotta tell you man this has been really inspiring. I wanna share something and I think you can relate and appreciate this.
People ask me why I am the way I am. 'Yo Shaq, why the fuck do you lift so much? Why don't come party with us on the weekend?' 'It's ok to get drunk sometimes dude, stop being a pussy,' Blah Blah Blah.

They don't understand my goals, they don't understand that these goals go beyond my needs. I want to excel, to surpass, to overcome, and stand out as a man a discipline, and like you always say, Strength and Honor. While my friends get shitfaced 4 nights a week at college, I'm eating my ass off, and lifting harder than the day before. Every day at the gym is harder than the previous.

This is how I advance myself, through work, discipline and reminders from guys like you that there is more to life than getting fucked up every weekend like my classmates. Furthermore, as I see the strength gains, the weight gains, and my veins bulging from arms and shoulders, those around me struggle just to get the fuck outta bed, and yet the question the very manner in which I live my life. You know what I say to them, fuck them! They cannot possibly understand what drives us to do what we do. They havn't the slightest fucking clue why we strive for our goals. That is why, as they say, the cream always rises to the top. We are well on our way to the top brotha, keep writing man. We are not alone in our quest.
Strength and Honor

ghost
02-09-07, 12:57 am
alrighty guys....sorry it has been a while since i last posted...ive been in vegas. havent lifted, no supps, nothing..i hated it.

it was interesting though, seeing the reactions certain people give us lifters when we are walking by..i love that look, i feed on it. someone wants to stare at my arms because they are big and veiny...go ahead...

sorry to make it short, im sitting in the airport waiting for my flight and just wanted to drop a quick note..

keep it real brothers..

strength and honor.

ghost
02-12-07, 8:16 pm
So.....these past 2 weeks have literally changed my life..and put me on an even stronger course than ever before, reaffirming my love of our life....

i started seeing this girl..she is absolutely amazing. completely supportive of our lifestyle, and helps with lots of stuff. just amazing...really knows how to make me happy.

on another note...i finally got to start lifting again..not sure how long for though..i have a torn miniscus *sp?* on my right knee, and my left ankle is shot to shit..really upsetting.

did chest and tris today...first time in about 2 weeks...and FUCK. i missed it so much.

i still was doing my pushups when i was on vacation..but couldnt bring my supplements on the plane with me..so i was hit for a week. and for 3 days before i even left i was sick as a dog. and lost almost 10 lbs because of puking and diahrea....really screwed me up.

living our lifestyle has led me to seeing things a lot more clearly in everyday life....for a long time i had easily considered the fact that this was going to be a lonely journey....this forvm has shown me that we have eachother...and now i have my girlfriend...and i can easily see myself spending the rest of my life with her.

our lifestyle has us think with a clear head constantly...we realise the severity of a miscalculation in our weights.....our technique..
sitting here in my apartment, i have come to the conclusion time and time again that if i had to choose between this life and any other..i would take our lifestyle time and time again.
Yeah it is expensive..but that means giving up other things...Sacrificing for the love of the life...compromising on certain issues and forcing ourselves to eat an unGodly amount of food on a daily basis.

in the end..it all comes down to commitment. you have to be committed to this life or you will fall flat on your ass. you wont go very far at all.....you have to stay the course....

dont ever fail this life...or eachother brothers

strength and honor.

k1usa
02-12-07, 8:56 pm
really enjoy your thoughts....we all need to inspire each other to never give up what we all seek...what drives us....why we do what we do. I see my training like getting into the ring..its my time...its my challenge...its my life. I get some shit from bystanders...but at my age...not many get away with it to be honest.....Im polite...but direct and let them know right up front....I like what I do...and stay away from me with the shit food and snacks. When I was at a reception yesterdays for a friend..at David and Busters...the food was great...had 4 chicken breast...and rice with vegies....some people that did not know me stopped by our table...and just before some made comments....my friends that know me said to them..."dont even comment bro.....dont start".....we eat...train and do our best...thats all we can do....

keep sharing bro...its all good

ghost
02-12-07, 9:48 pm
really enjoy your thoughts....we all need to inspire each other to never give up what we all seek...what drives us....why we do what we do. I see my training like getting into the ring..its my time...its my challenge...its my life. I get some shit from bystanders...but at my age...not many get away with it to be honest.....Im polite...but direct and let them know right up front....I like what I do...and stay away from me with the shit food and snacks. When I was at a reception yesterdays for a friend..at David and Busters...the food was great...had 4 chicken breast...and rice with vegies....some people that did not know me stopped by our table...and just before some made comments....my friends that know me said to them..."dont even comment bro.....dont start".....we eat...train and do our best...thats all we can do....

keep sharing bro...its all good

Thanks brother...glad to hear that there are others out there who share my views. i know that just about everyone on here does..

i do love getting to eat as much as i can.....

i feel like hittin the iron again...

strength and honor.

ghost
02-13-07, 2:37 pm
Here i am...sitting at my desk, wanting....fuck that..needing to get out of here. I have been trying to find a better paying job for a while now...never really hear anything. It is really frustrating. I have a college degree, am a director, and make shit for pay. Yeah, i have my resume on monster and careerbuilder and other places, I never hear anything from anywhere though.....

just gets really frustrating thinking i am going to be stuck here in this shit-hole of a job.

normally i go and take out my anger and frustrations on the weights...which i will be doing tonight. now i am finding that i feel that i need more.

i hate this feeling. i have 2 great things going for me in life right now...the iron, and my girlfriend.

shit, i am even trying to find a job out by her bc we want to move in together, she has a nice 4 bedroom house and wants me there...so why not...still get to lift, and have my gf make great food for me. i see no downside to it.

applying for 10-20 jobs per day...never hearing anything back, following up on all of them...shit it sucks. i am so tired of having to re-train the staff i have on a near daily basis on their own jobs....i just want to throw them through the window.

Preston
02-13-07, 2:52 pm
Here i am...sitting at my desk, wanting....fuck that..needing to get out of here. I have been trying to find a better paying job for a while now...never really hear anything. It is really frustrating. I have a college degree, am a director, and make shit for pay. Yeah, i have my resume on monster and careerbuilder and other places, I never hear anything from anywhere though.....

just gets really frustrating thinking i am going to be stuck here in this shit-hole of a job.

normally i go and take out my anger and frustrations on the weights...which i will be doing tonight. now i am finding that i feel that i need more.

i hate this feeling. i have 2 great things going for me in life right now...the iron, and my girlfriend.

shit, i am even trying to find a job out by her bc we want to move in together, she has a nice 4 bedroom house and wants me there...so why not...still get to lift, and have my gf make great food for me. i see no downside to it.

applying for 10-20 jobs per day...never hearing anything back, following up on all of them...shit it sucks. i am so tired of having to re-train the staff i have on a near daily basis on their own jobs....i just want to throw them through the window.

Yo brother, I hear ya on this. I'm stuck here in my house right now because of this fucking snow storm, and can't go anywhere close to lift. I know what you mean on constantly having to train people to do their own jobs, I have to do that where I work, and hell, I work at a fuckin' grocery store.

Glad to hear things are going well for you man, I remember reading your first couple of entries, not too good on the emotional side. Things happen to be on the up n up for you, enjoy it man, not many people have what you have with your girl wanting you to move in and everything.

In my opinion, everyone loves a home cooked meal. Take that shit as it comes brother, right now, you sound quite blessed.

Peace easy broseph.
-Preston

ghost
02-13-07, 2:59 pm
Yo brother, I hear ya on this. I'm stuck here in my house right now because of this fucking snow storm, and can't go anywhere close to lift. I know what you mean on constantly having to train people to do their own jobs, I have to do that where I work, and hell, I work at a fuckin' grocery store.

Glad to hear things are going well for you man, I remember reading your first couple of entries, not too good on the emotional side. Things happen to be on the up n up for you, enjoy it man, not many people have what you have with your girl wanting you to move in and everything.

In my opinion, everyone loves a home cooked meal. Take that shit as it comes brother, right now, you sound quite blessed.

Peace easy broseph.
-Preston

Thanks for the kind words brother...definitely appreciated.

i dont mind when i get snowed in and have to stay home...my 2nd bedroom in my apartment is my gym...thankfully. things were pretty shitty in my first few posts...still kind of are in certain areas of life, but i am focusing on the good for now. i know i will have to handle the negative eventually...and i am, just not in high volume...

until then ill just keep on smiling.

strength and honor.

Preston
02-13-07, 3:10 pm
Thanks for the kind words brother...definitely appreciated.

i dont mind when i get snowed in and have to stay home...my 2nd bedroom in my apartment is my gym...thankfully. things were pretty shitty in my first few posts...still kind of are in certain areas of life, but i am focusing on the good for now. i know i will have to handle the negative eventually...and i am, just not in high volume...

until then ill just keep on smiling.

strength and honor.

Hell yeah bro, hell yeah! You're doing a fine job at handling life and what shit it throws in your face. When it comes to juggling things, you have your head on straight. Oh and I'm pretty jealous of you having your gym in your second bedroom, wtf man?! I gotta drive 15 minutes to my gym. Lucky man, lucky man.

[ btw ] Your girl seems like one hell of a catch, a lot like mine. They're one in a million brah.

Peace easy Broseph
-Preston

ghost
02-13-07, 3:15 pm
my girlfriend is one helluva catch....she is amazing. she knows that when i am lifting, i am not to be bothered unless she is bringing me more water, or there for a spot. she realises that after my work out i need my shake....and food. and is more than willing to have it all ready for me when i get done lifting.

i really dont plan on letting her get away from me...lol.

as far as my 2nd bedroom gym...yeah, i love it! pull up bar above the door....adjustable bench with 300 lbs of weights...i need more though, and dumbells from 5-40 in 5 lb incriments...and i am getting from 45-150 in dumbells soon.

Preston
02-13-07, 3:24 pm
My God rcrott1, you have everything in line don't you?

Ok, well my girl isn't at the gym with me every time I lift, but I'm gonna give you props somewhere else.
You have some serious balls on trusting your lady to spot you, I don't know about you, but I don't trust mine with 20lbs.
Man, mine understands my lifting and why I do what I do, but she still doesn't have my protein shake when I get done, or have something cooked.

Do you train better when she's not around, I mean, for focusing and all?

ghost
02-13-07, 3:30 pm
she is actually really great for a spot...she will yell at me to push harder....although, i do focus more when she isnt there, bc when she is i just kind of want to jump her...hehe.

for her spotting....she is great..she is the head coach of her girls swim team at the school she teaches at, and has asked me to train the girls with her so they can get stronger.

Preston
02-13-07, 3:43 pm
Amazing man, she seems like an amazing lifting partner, and maybe an even greater partner later in life eh? Jumping her after, yes. During a set, I'm thinkin that'd be a bad idea.

Congrats on the offer to train those girls man, that'd be so awesome to help people do something that you know no much about.

.............Just had to make this clear, I ment 42 dress PANT....not dress.

Seriously.

Peace easy broseph
-Preston

ghost
02-13-07, 3:45 pm
.............Just had to make this clear, I ment 42 dress PANT....not dress.

Seriously.

we have already spoken about getting married n all that jazz...we are both in agreement on the issue too.....

that statement..HILARIOUS.

Preston
02-13-07, 3:48 pm
we have already spoken about getting married n all that jazz...we are both in agreement on the issue too.....

that statement..HILARIOUS.

Yeah, so now you think I'm a crossdressing bodybuilder.

so, I guess thad make my girlfriend a cover up [ if i was gay, which I'm not. ]

.....Thats nice. lol

Since I'm diggin a hole. . .

Peace easy broseph
-Preston

ghost
02-13-07, 3:48 pm
do you need a shovel brother?

Preston
02-13-07, 3:50 pm
How about a backhoe man, got one?

ghost
02-13-07, 3:51 pm
yeah really. hahahahaha.

Preston
02-13-07, 3:53 pm
Thanks brother, always trust you for some backup. :]

Now you have some amazing black-mail on me.

ghost
02-13-07, 3:55 pm
hahaha. yes, you must buy me more Real Gains...or i shall expose you to the world...i have pictures to back it up!!!!!!

Preston
02-13-07, 3:59 pm
Hahahahahahahahaha. I would for one know you do not have a single photo of me in a dress, nore do I HAVE ANY PHOTO'S.

Disclaimer: Preston is incredibly straight and loves woman and only woman and does not dress up in any form of female attire at any time during the day or night, and does not find it fun to wear makeup either. Nore does he have any photo's expliciting himself in such items theren.

Good luck with that exposure. :D
lol

-Preston

ghost
02-13-07, 4:00 pm
lmfao.

this conversation was what i needed for my day..thanks brother.

i cant wait to get home and hit back tonight.

Preston
02-13-07, 4:03 pm
Anytime broseph, everyone deserves something good in a day, even if it is socially threatening, and could ruin me as a person!

On that note, have a good day!

Hope you enjoy your night and what-not.

Peace easy brother
-Preston

ghost
02-14-07, 1:23 pm
couldnt sleep this morning...been up since around 3. needed to get up then and eat anyways...so i guess it was a blessing in disguise. my gf couldnt sleep and called me around 5..so i was up anyways....

so there i was wide awake around 315 and figured...screw it. ill lift n go running, took one look outside, saw all the snow and said..."so i guess ill just lift then."

great shoulder work out though...started out with shrugs, then front raises, side raises, and topped it off with military presses.

now here i am sitting at work and damn...i feel great.

one of the girls in the office is training for a triathalon, and she is a good friend of mine..she made cupcakes for the office, but knows my diet regimen and made me Protien cupcakes instead of the regular ones..WOW....amazing taste to em.

Preston was talking about symbols that define us in life....my symbol is the same as many of the other members of this forum....it stares at me most of the day in the upper left hand corner of these pages...that staticy black and white A..

it serves as a reminder that we are Alpha males and females..we are Animals. no one can take that from us. our will and determination is too strong...we are dedicated. i know im in it for the long haul....are you?

i have often asked myself that same question in the past....feeling that my determination may have been wavering during those trying times. i would remind myself that the iron is always going to show me that life is hard and to get through it you need to have the strength to overcome.

we overcome a lot in our lives...we are different, and people WILL continue to talk about us both behind our backs, and to our faces. truth be told, let em talk. they are scared of us, and i LOVE it. let them comment on other lifters that are huge.."oh my god...did you see that guy..disgusting." i hear it a lot when im out with friends. im not the biggest guy on the block, but i know how to handle myself when the shit hits the fan..

my usual response to someone that thinks we are sick looking..."Thanks :)"

Fear.....fear runs rampant in the minds of people in society..mainly Fear of the Unknown. they dont know us because they dont want to know us...i really dont care if people dont want to get to know me, or get an insight on our lifestyle. fukem. they arent worth my time. my exwife once told me that Body builders and Powerlifters are all meatheads and would never amount to anything. i then asked her what she was doing with her life sitting there on the couch with her ice cream in hand, the remote in the other. i also explained to her that Jay Cutler has, for a single competition, won more money than she makes in 5 years combined....

notice..this is my exwife. that marriage lasted 5 and a half months for a reason..lol.

so i say...let em fear us. we are the elite in our society..let em talk. they talk because they dont understand, nor will they ever understand, our lifestyle.

Keep hitting the iron brothers and sisters....when you forget reality..the iron will hit back.

Strength and Honor.

Preston
02-14-07, 3:06 pm
On hell of a post Rob, nothing but the fuckin truth. I agree that people don't want to know the truth about the way we live or what comes in the package that you get when you deal with one of us.

Everyone comes with that little package, I like to call 'em " the extra's "

Me and you? We got some big packages [ stop laughing. ] that are filled with lots of things that the "casual" person can't comprehend. We all live seperate and different lives, even if involved in the same things. Those other people that dont' understand what you do, simply hit em back with a big "...fuck you "

It works in many situations, copyright that shit.

Oh yeah man, glad you're having one awesome day man. By the way, that card turned out great. :]

Peace easy broseph
-Preston

ghost
02-15-07, 3:53 pm
Preston, glad the card turned out great man....thanks for the motivation to keep drivin on.

5am came around all too quickly this morning..i am trying a new routine...am/pm split for certain days. yesterday and today i did am training. and i gotta say...the effects were nearly immediate. i think im gonna stick to this for a little bit........

Needs/Wants.

everyone has needs and wants in this life...i was reading a note my secretary left me telling me she NEEDS one of the clinics schedules..im sitting here thinking, she doesnt NEED it yet. she just wants it early. everyone always says they "need" something immediately. isnt true. most of those "needs" are actually wants.

people Need you to do this NOW..no..you want me to do it now..the real answer is that it isnt going to happen. so deal with it.

i know on a daily basis i NEED to eat to grow. i NEED my rest, i NEED my training, i NEED this forum.

i also know on a daily basis my wants...i want to see my gf daily, i want a better paying job. there are others. but those are the two that are in the front daily.

people need to distinguish their own wants from their needs. if you cant do this, then you are going to realise that someone like me already has, and your NEED, is my want...and i will take my fuckin time with it.

reality is a bitch, and she hits hard..

dont ever let your wants outweight your needs. our needs are very basic. Eat, rest, train.

Keep yourself in check.

strength and honor.

Preston
02-15-07, 4:10 pm
Prioritize !!!!!

As long as you keep everything in line, all your goals, and your necessities, you'll go so far.

I think you've got this down broseph, and everythings goin' really well for you, so just keep it up. I think if you do this, then you won't have a problem and you won't have to HAVE this or HAVE that. The world is full of wants, it's the things that you NEED that are necessary.

We have our needs man lift/eat/sleep.

Bam, we're set. Simplistic, to some.

Peace easy broseph
-Preston

ghost
02-15-07, 4:12 pm
i love my simple life....complications irritate me..

3 needs a day...everyday. eat, rest, train.

ghost
02-18-07, 1:28 pm
3 things per day...

that is all that we require.

Eat....we have to eat properly in order to grow.....i have been eating a lot of the recipes off of here lately...and the ones i get out of muscle and fitness magazine. my favorite being the garlic maple chicken.mmmmmmm.

Rest....another necessity for growth. you have to let your muscles rest in order for new growth to be stimulated. if you dont get enough rest..you arent going to see the maximum allowable results from your training.

Train..BALLS TO THE FUCKING WALL TRAINING. get your fucking ass off the god damn couch and hit the fucking weights. we are ANIMALS. we dont train like everyone else..pain is not an option..nor is failure. "im tired," Fuck you. get your fucking ass up and train bitch.

if you do not adhere to these 3 things, you will not succeed.

always remember the code

Strength and Honor.

Preston
02-18-07, 1:33 pm
I live for this shit. Hell yeah bro.

Live strong [ LIFT ] stronger.
-Preston.

ghost
02-18-07, 1:41 pm
in order to lift stronger you have to live your life like you do your lifts...INTENSE. ..If you do not have the intensity of the animal in your everyday life, your lifts will not be nearly as powerful as they can be.

the animal isnt just a mindset...it is LIFE. this life is intense for a good reason.

Preston
02-19-07, 2:42 pm
Living intense is the only way to live life. You're given this body as a blessing, and a sould that is contained in it, like a wild spirit. Not many people take full advantage of the body that they are given. Every day, we punish ourselves, leaving the iron [ sometimes ] without the ability to walk. We tear our bodies apart, leaving our muscles molested and torn. Then we eat, we eat like kings, and we eat to feed our muscles and our body to grow. We grow because of the imense diet that we have. We then sleep, we sleep, and we rest to grow as much as we can. This is how we live our lives. Intense, no slips, nothing but perfection.

Not many people can do this, but we do this, 365 days, for years on end.

:]

gijoe7.62
02-19-07, 8:45 pm
Just checkin in. Keep up the posts, there motivating and remind me to keep it up.

ghost
02-21-07, 10:46 am
This is how we live our lives. Intense, no slips, nothing but perfection.

this line alone rings so much truth brother. no slips...nothing but perfection. we live our lives to a tee. we train our asses off...balls to the wall. we dont take it easy on ourselves.

i wish other people in our society took on our mentality when it comes to lifting in their every day lives. our work schedule is from 8-4...pretty easy shit. i get in the office daily around 730 and usually leave around 5. i work more than everyone else because i have more shit to do....my boss has such a cake job. she strolls in around 10am everyday and leaves around 2. talking about how she has to go get lunch n blah blah blah..meanwhile ive already had 3 meals and taken care of the reports i needed for the week. i am weeks ahead of schedule, but i still sit here daily and work on this shit, i dont like falling behind. i dont like being lazy. i dont like people that are late. it really pisses me off.

if you know you have a job to do, fucking do it.

i get a call this morning from our HR dept, my time card hadnt been signed, and pay day is in 2 days. i spoke with my bosses about it, none of them knew anything about it. so i now have to go over there and do THEIR jobs for them, same as everyday...i need a new job.

dont ever slip brothers...just like preston says, Nothing but perfection.

Strength and Honor.

Preston
02-21-07, 7:58 pm
Fuckin right man. No matter what level you're at in life. If you aren't at the top, you're still gonna have to cover some other dumbasses slips. This worlds full of those fuckups bro, people that don't do shit, and couldn't give a shit less if they DON'T do anything. They aren't worth the life they're given broseph, hell, I'm startin to think right now that we're doin the best and makin the most with what we got.

Nothing but perfection.
-Preston

Damn close bro.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/Two_Hearts_Blended_Into_1/DSC00604.jpg

ghost
02-22-07, 4:58 pm
hmm.

started the Oak's pre-contest arm routine today. felt like dying half way through it...Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

in life, what else are we here for?

every person in society plays their own role. housewives, parents, lazy, fat, useless, and then there is us...the Animals. we know how to play more than one role and still live our Animal lives...we have no need to fuck around in life. we know what we want, and we take it. we do whatever it takes to get what we know we have to accomplish. my goal is to hit in between 185-200 lbs. yeah i know it is a nice little 15 lb cushion. but it is my goal. and i am more than willing to do what i can to hit it.

on the front of my lifting journal, i have written in white out, "defy."

i defy every day. shit, we all do here. i defy the laws of gravity. i do what i can to defy my genetic makeup to grow beyond what my body wants to do. i defy my mind when it tells me that i am tired and should probably stop and rest in between sets, and i hit the fucking weights some more.

gravity is what i love to defy the most. im not a big guy by any means, but i do what i can.

this forvm, and the members, give me the inspiration to hit it harder than i have ever done before. our Animal mentality is what i had been looking for all my life. Animal is my life, and i am proud to call myself a member of this forvm.

another thing i have written on the front of my log is "Rise Against"

we have to rise against what society has deemed the standard for us.......i am a 5'9, 162 lb 26 yr old white male, with a college degree. most guys my age go to the bars and pick up chicks when they can.
i havent drank in damn near 9 months...i rarely go to the bars. and i have a PHENOMENAL girlfriend.

i push myself to Rise Against what society has deemed acceptable for me. i love the looks on ppls faces when i can move a 6 shelf high cabinet that is full of client files. they are scared out of their minds...

let em fear me.

strength and honor.

ghost
02-26-07, 8:48 pm
Home.

everyone has a home...or a place that feels like home to you..i have come to the realisation that i have 2 homes. my gym....and my gfs house..i have been at her house for pretty much the entire last week, and i tell ya, it feels like i have lived there for 20 years.

my gym is the 2nd bedroom of my apartment. the walls are covered in posters from here...speakers for my music, and the weights. nothin fancy..basic necessities only.

life comes at you fast, and if you aren't prepared for it, you will be fighting a losing battle. and that is NOT what we are all about.

we are all about being prepared for the war that must ensue for our overall progress in our lives...

to be prepared for this battle, you must prepare yourself for the unthinkable..and in that preparation we have trained ourselves for whatever is thrown our way.

i have gone through a LOT of shit in my life...as have we all...and i know that no matter what is thrown at me, i am prepared for it and will do whatever it takes to make sure the outcome is of my liking.

we all have our chosen path in life...Make sure you are prepared for the inevitable battle that will ensue..

Strength and Honor.

Preston
02-26-07, 9:08 pm
I'm a whole new breed mother fucker, prepared for war since birth. I'm ready to raise some hell, take names, and shed some blood. This life we've chosen is a path unpaved waiting to be chisled away at our expense of pain and torture. We go through this shit day in, day out, but fuck it, we chose this life, and we do it because we want more.

Yeah, bring your shit.

I want more.

-Preston[Animal]™

ghost
02-26-07, 9:12 pm
this quote rings so true..

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." H.L. Menken

ghost
02-27-07, 4:22 pm
k, today is going to be an angry post.

yesterday at my office and one of the women was walking in after having her cigarette, being 8 months pregnant, and one of my staff asked her how the cigarette was...and i added "yeah ya murderer"

she was "offended" and because we work for the state, she called the state to report me and blah blah fucking blah.

everyone at my office is trying to tell me that i have to apologize to her...which will not happen. if she has a problem with what i said, tough shit. she can go fuck herself. if the truth hurts..then im a fucking sledge hammer. and i WILL crush stupid fuckers with the truth.

my boss tried yelling at me that i have to be nice to people in that office because they already dont want us in that bldg. and people are scared of the directors for the county...which is RIDICULOUS.

"you hurt her feelings" that sucks for her. smoking while pregnant can kill your baby. deal with it...quit smoking and you wont have to listen to me anymore dumbass.

people nowadays are too sensitive. get some tough skin you little pussies. shit. grow a set of balls and talk to ME if you have a problem with what i fucking say.

people tell me that i swear too much. 1st ammendment. FREEDOM of SPEECH. you dont like what i am saying, go fuck yourself...cram your head up your ass and listen to another asshole.

now that i feel a little bit better..

strength and honor.
STAY TOUGH BROTHERS.

Preston
02-28-07, 2:58 pm
Woah fuck.

I'm forecasting some new names in the obituaries in Michigan...

( Not implying anything. )

Ya dawg, I totally agree with you. People can't deal with the truth, and they don't know how to prioritize and deal with everything going on in their life ( which doesn't usually consist of much )

People are soft these days, due to everyone cushoning them through life, always helping them get up, or stopping them from doing something if they know there is a chance they will fail. Certain people are babied man, makin' them pussies dawg, and getting through them aint easy.

Stay strong broseph, and spread the truth, (and take some names)

-Preston

ghost
02-28-07, 3:04 pm
My gf and i have talked about having kids, and different parenting styles....she knows i am a realist, and a disciplairy. you get outta line, you will suffer the consequences. you fuck up in school...you will be doing pushups. you piss daddy off....you will be doing suicide sprints with 45s in each hand.. i have my nice side, dont get me wrong. most of the time i can be all mushy w.my gf. when it comes down to business....im all fuckin business.

Kids today are sheltered...and that will get them KILLED. when they get in to the real world, the real world will kill them. they will come to encounter someone like me...and be crushed

as far as the obituary...hm...........lol.

strength and honor.

ghost
03-01-07, 9:27 am
responsibility.

we all have certain responsibilities throughout our days. as students, we have the responsibility of attending class and getting our work done. as employees, we have the responsibility of coming to work on time and getting your work done. as parents we have the responsibility of taking care of our children, providing for them a safe environment and structured upbringing. as Animals we have the responsibility to pay our dues every day, no matter the circumstances.

Now, i carry over my responsibilities of being an Animal in to just about everything i do. I pay my dues at work showing up, busting my ass and getting my shit done. i am usually here 20-30 minutes early, and stay late just about every day.

how is it that certain people dont get the Responsibility aspect of life? It isnt that difficult to show up to work, and get your shit done. my boss doesnt know REAL responsibility. she has been handed just about everything throughout her entire life. she is usually 2-3 hours late for work, and leaves at least an hour or two early EVERY DAY. today she calls me telling me that she has a pounding headache and that she "may be in sometime today"

well, im sore from busting my balls working out, can i have the day off???? no. because if I took a day off, nothing here would get accomplished. not only that, i HATE taking time off of work. I went to vegas a few weeks ago...spent the entire week on the phone with my office. i have the work mentality of my parents, who are both workaholics..they work 60-80 hrs a week. my dad works from 7-5 m-f.....even though his work hours are from 8-4. same with my mom and i.(we work in the same office).

came in to work today and made my list...same as i do every day. the list of shit that absolutely HAS to get done. Top of my list was have a meeting with my boss about the BS that went down yesterday....cant do that when she NEVER FUCKING SHOWS UP FOR WORK.

Bottom line people: if you dont pay your dues everyday to whatever it is you are doing, your lifting will be hurting as well...because you will become lacksadasial (sp?) in that as well.

Keep the Animal mentality and carry it over in everything you do in this life.

Strength and Honor.

Gambit
03-01-07, 9:34 am
Hard-hitting words, bro. Just keep pounding away, giving it everything you got. Even if we're not in the same office as you are, us Animals respect you for putting your time in and knowing your responsibilities.

ghost
03-01-07, 9:49 am
Gambit,

I appreciate the kind words brother.

I am sitting here in my office, it is almost 9...people are still deciding that they should probably show up for work today. im like the fucking postman, Rain, Snow, Shine..ill be at work. i dont take many sick days..actually the last one i took was forced bc my Dr put me in the hospital bc i was coughing up blood. meh....i could have worked that day.

after all 4 of my hand surgeries..including the one where they took my fingers OFF, i was back to work the following day. my office tried forcing me to take a day off after one of em, i was called in to work anyways bc no one knows how to operate a friggin computer here...
Keep pluggin away brothers

Strength and Honor.

focused
03-01-07, 12:08 pm
rcrott, thats why you're a fuckin boss bro

ghost
03-01-07, 12:11 pm
it is really funny at times, because people forget that while my office is near the door. i am the one that signs time cards. if they arent here on time paying their dues..i will dock em.

Preston
03-03-07, 6:00 pm
hey dawg, how many people have you killed now?

ghost
03-04-07, 3:03 pm
Oddly enough, i went to a flogging molly concert on friday with my gf. ...GREAT show. Street Dogs...one of the opening bands, was amazing..and flogging molly KICKED ASS!!!! i had promised my gf that i wouldnt fight anyone...but had to break that promise when some cock-knocker tried grabbing her...so after i choked him out and beat his face in...i got in to another one right away..after that i was good though. i played the role of protective bf, like i do everyday...and the role of Animal. this big dude sure as shit wasnt expecting me to knock him to the ground and start choking him, lol.

ghost
03-06-07, 5:11 pm
Popcorn.....I can smell it from my office. Jesus I hate that smell. Smells like lazy to me. Further reminds me that the people in my office truly are lazy. If you were to come in here and force everyone to do pushups...I honestly could not say many of them would be able to do 5. It would not suprise me one bit.

my job is stressing me out beyond belief....i really need a vacation. i am going a little insane. definitely not good.

There are things that I have to deal with on a normal basis here at my job. I get my shit squared away...and I have made things for my clinics a LOT easier with some of the strategies I have implimented. Main problem is, no one follows through, and then I get shit on...but I am not allowed to "discipline the staff" because "someones feelings may get hurt."

Fuck that shit. you have to be held accountable for your actions. You fucked up, take ownership of it...admit it, fix it...dont fuckin do it again.

My boss tells me that I cannot rule by means of Fear. Yes I can. My staff, that know me really well, know NOT to get on my bad side, because then my typical IRISH temper will come out, and someone will get fired.

I have no problem with training a new set of staff, none whatsoever. Actually, the biggest problem is my boss.....if she knew her own fuckin job, I wouldnt have as many problems as I do. also, if she were to actually back us up in certain things, I wouldnt have to go to extreme measures with threatening to fire people. Also, the last time that I checked, the staff that know me, know to get the shit squared away when I ask to, not tomorrow, of the next day...but when I ask.

Accountability is the biggest issue in the modern workplace. "i didnt do it, nor was i told about it." I hear that shit all the time. Bullshit. Anytime someone starts saying that sentence to me, I completely tune them out. Ill start staring in to space...making it obvious that I am ignoring them, or I will just walk away from them.

I respect someone a LOT more when they tell me, "Rob, I screwed up and forgot 'X' at home, or blah blah blah." As long as they tell me.

It is the same way in the life of Iron. "Damn, i didnt get that last rep in." Fucker...try harder. get that shit up!

Until next time..

Strength and Honor.

focused
03-06-07, 5:40 pm
YES, i got my fix from rcrott1's thought of the day. irish temper? oh i got one of them too. haha hold it down at the office though bro. did you answer that phone yet?.....LMFAO

Preston
03-07-07, 2:21 pm
Great, I'm sensing some more bloodshed.

Oh, and answering your phone during work is a bad idea! BAD IDEA!

ghost
03-07-07, 2:37 pm
oh., ill have some more to post tonight. and hell yeah ill answer my phone at work...and to answer your question on my voicemail preston....you can do LIGHT cardio on your off day...NOT a lot.

Preston
03-07-07, 2:43 pm
But...[ you'll only hear this from me ] I love cardio though.

Oh yeah, haven't gained a lb yet! I'm thinkin that's because my metabolism is still high. Dude, just get on Y!IM, so much faster.

ghost
03-07-07, 3:08 pm
cant at this office...definitely busy today. still gotta call you back though.

Preston
03-07-07, 3:11 pm
Yeah, about that, hahaha, sorry about missing your call bro, i started in on my slave work at 4. Whenever though, I'll be in the gym again after school today. :]]]] So stoked dude, no fucking idea.

ghost
03-07-07, 3:24 pm
my phone never even rang last night when you called...or i was in the shower.....

Preston
03-07-07, 3:25 pm
Mine was about to die, so I'm kind of glad it didn't, or else it would've just died half way through my fucking question, like always.

Seriously, my phones a piece of shit, and I need a new one.

ghost
03-07-07, 3:26 pm
same here. ....actually, my office has to get me a new phone..and soon.

Preston
03-07-07, 9:29 pm
Man today was awesome, did some low intensity cardio for 30 minutes, then did an amazing ab/oblique workout. It hurts to move. :]

ghost
03-08-07, 9:29 am
i told you that shit works better for you.

has anyone heard of a band called Street Dogs? if not...go fuckin get their album...download it, anything.
find the song Not Without a Purpose

Preston
03-08-07, 2:23 pm
Ya ya, you're right. Tonight I'm going grocery shopping....give me a list man.

ghost
03-09-07, 6:59 am
done and done.

Preston
03-09-07, 7:07 am
Just wanted to glorify that shake you had me make the other night. Holy fuck was that good....my God that was awesome!

ghost
03-11-07, 11:12 am
fuckin told ya man.

ghost
03-12-07, 4:04 pm
yes, it has been a while since i have spit some shit at you all....things have been going wonderfully...lifting is awesome. my gf is perfect..work sucks, nothin i can really do about that .. ill throw some shit on here tomorrow or tonight.

strength and honor.

ghost
03-13-07, 9:30 am
So,

one of my buddies has been wanting to get back in to training, so he asked if i could show him a thing or two...so i said yeah and showed him some of the ropes....smoked the shit out of him with the arnold precontest arm routine....called him yesterday to see if he was gonna come lift tonight....his reply was, "cant man im up north til wednesday..." he was slurring his speech pretty badly, and i asked if he was drinking..."well we are only on our first case for today." i smoked him on the phone.

dont waste my time if you arent going to take this shit seriously. If you ask me for help, and you dont listen to what i have to say, and take this life seriously, dont waste my fucking time..

Hauss
03-13-07, 9:40 am
man i know just how you feel. i had a buddy ask me for some advise, so i had him start workin out with me. took him once and everytime i called to go he was to busy rolling another joint. Some people are not ment for our lifestyle.

ghost
03-13-07, 9:43 am
Fukem. all i can do is take this life one meal at a time, one rep at a time, and one day at a time.

Preston
03-13-07, 10:45 am
fuck em all rob. Literally, fuck him up, see what happends, maybe ( if he can still move, or breathe ) that'll change his mind?

lol, man don't surround yourself with quitters like that bro, you need to surround yourself with some real badass animals man, that know what's goin on. Hence, The FORVM. :]

ghost
03-13-07, 11:54 am
oh, i told him i am going to smoke him. he is a little scared right now, because he knows how i feel about that shit.

Preston
03-13-07, 2:16 pm
Get it done man, don't talk shit, play it out.

ghost
03-13-07, 2:18 pm
so apparently he really is scared of how mad i am at him...he is on his way back from up north...and according to him they dumped the rest of the beer....he wants to get his National Guard ass the fuck back in shape.

Preston
03-13-07, 2:20 pm
Hahahahaha so I just realized what you ment by "smoke" him. That's a basic saying right? "getting smoked" That's doing PT right?

ghost
03-13-07, 2:27 pm
and LOTS of it. we did pushups last week. he admitted to me that he has not done ANY pushups since basic.

so i made him do a quick set of 265...he couldnt drive home.

Preston
03-13-07, 2:32 pm
hahaha il bitch. I just noticed something, not to complain but I'm the 1600'th person to view this! Oh, and one more thing, a shit load of these are from me. lol

ghost
03-13-07, 2:32 pm
me 2. lol.

i just noticed that i hit 700 posts...sweet

Preston
03-13-07, 2:39 pm
i just noticed that i hit 700 posts...sweet

Oh SHUT UP. You spend way too much time on here. lol

....hahahahahahah how hypocritical is that?

ghost
03-13-07, 2:42 pm
not like i want to work while im in my office. I would much rather be outside in the 70 degree weather. i love it.

Preston
03-13-07, 2:45 pm
so dude, today on the way back from the gym, I ran over an ALREADY dead deer, going 70. I'm fine, no damage to my car, but dude.....talk about a fucking rush.

and a nasty ass smell for the entire way home.

ghost
03-13-07, 2:46 pm
you should have cut that bitch up....venicen(sp?) is nice.

Preston
03-13-07, 2:51 pm
oh, ok Rambo. Let me get my huge fuckin knife I got in my passenger seat, right? lol

Nah dude, it was a tiny doe, not cool, but you're right, it is good meat. :-P

ghost
03-13-07, 2:56 pm
i carry a rather large knife in my pocket at all times,....and if it isnt there, it is in my car.....

Preston
03-13-07, 3:01 pm
Reminder : don't piss off rob at ANYTIME.

Ever.

ghost
03-13-07, 3:04 pm
HAHAHAH. no need for that.lol.

i fucking hate stupid people.

if you have an appointment for YOUR CHILD...why would you NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO THE FUCKIN APPOINTMENT. morons.

Preston
03-13-07, 3:13 pm
Because they have to go for a "cruze" or get some more crack dawg. lol shit happends?

ghost
03-13-07, 3:23 pm
lmfao@get some more crack. wouldnt suprize me a bit,.

Preston
03-13-07, 3:26 pm
i know bro, that's what happends when you work for the state :\

ghost
03-13-07, 3:26 pm
This i know ALL too well. i cant wait to get home and lift.

IRON_ITALIAN
03-13-07, 10:38 pm
8 broken ribs,punctured lung, broken shin,kneecap,torn ACL in left leg,broken left wrist.

Preston
03-14-07, 12:57 am
wtf? lol I'm so lost.

Praetor
03-14-07, 1:58 am
I read your post rob and you've been through alot of shit. I know what your talking about. At sometimes its overwhelming but you always have your sanctuary, a tiny room in a old rundown building where you can go and forget your burdens with each pound of weight you throw up. I would be dead right now if it wasnt for that refuge.. I knew killing myself was the easy way out,
...I live knowing that life is tough and to get over it. The word of wraith "overcome" really hits close to home. To me the weight room is where I face redemption, it is where I make my stand. I am beside you in this struggle brother

Strength and Honor

ghost
03-14-07, 9:11 am
I read your post rob and you've been through alot of shit. I know what your talking about. At sometimes its overwhelming but you always have your sanctuary, a tiny room in a old rundown building where you can go and forget your burdens with each pound of weight you throw up. I would be dead right now if it wasnt for that refuge.. I knew killing myself was the easy way out,
...I live knowing that life is tough and to get over it. The word of wraith "overcome" really hits close to home. To me the weight room is where I face redemption, it is where I make my stand. I am beside you in this struggle brother

Strength and Honor

Hell yeah brother. life throws a lot of shit at us constantly...the only thing we can do is Rise Against. Together we make our stand against the inequities of life, and the struggles it brings to us...

Together we will Rise Against and win in this battle.

Strength and Honor.

ghost
03-16-07, 10:59 pm
Friday night....another night at home.

tonight im watching a PERFECT movie to get in the spirit to do oh, 300 pushups..hehe.

things could be better, i could be laying here on the couch with my girlfriend..but she is on the road. i could be training, but tonight is my off night. i hate off days. but i know they are necessary for growth.

So many threads around are all about bitching....why doesnt anyone write about what is good in life?

too many people focus on just the negatives...

I have a PHENOMINAL girlfriend...i love her to death. I have a job. i have my health. strength, power, great family. great friends...

i consider the members here on the forvm to be more than friends...you are all my Brothers, and Sisters. we are all related in this life....we all share our common goals, and respect. we all share love. a love for the iron.

so be thankful for what you have, and quit bitching so much....yeah i bitch in this thread, but these are my thoughts...my madness. and this is my 2nd home to vent them at. 1st home is my gym.

Strength and Honor.

Preston
03-19-07, 3:30 pm
Livin the life man, live the life to love your surroundings and those within your boundries.

Peace.

ghost
03-19-07, 4:14 pm
very nicely put brother. Very nice.

R.Bearse1
03-20-07, 2:27 am
Yes yes guys I am the dumbass Guardsman that Rob has been talkin about.

To You Rob: Sorry if I let you down with that. But we are back on this week and it's nothin but total dedication to it. I'm cuttin smoking cold turkey for this bro. Can't wait for the smoke session you have for me. (I have a Monster for ya too.)

To Everyone Else: Keep an eye out...I'll keep ya'll updatedon how I'm doing.

To The Threshold

R.Bearse1
03-20-07, 2:37 am
[QUOTE=rcrott1;52704]Friday night....another night at home.

tonight im watching a PERFECT movie to get in the spirit to do oh, 300 pushups..hehe.

things could be better, i could be laying here on the couch with my girlfriend..but she is on the road. i could be training, but tonight is my off night. i hate off days. but i know they are necessary for growth.

So many threads around are all about bitching....why doesnt anyone write about what is good in life?

too many people focus on just the negatives...

I have a PHENOMINAL girlfriend...i love her to death. I have a job. i have my health. strength, power, great family. great friends...

i consider the members here on the forvm to be more than friends...you are all my Brothers, and Sisters. we are all related in this life....we all share our common goals, and respect. we all share love. a love for the iron.

so be thankful for what you have, and quit bitching so much....yeah i bitch in this thread, but these are my thoughts...my madness. and this is my 2nd home to vent them at. 1st home is my gym.

QUOTE]

Well I'll try this "What's goin good" thread.

I also have an amazing girlfriend. I just got back from North Carolina and I am so calm and relaxed and ready to start training. I have some personal things that hav been bothering me for years that I am finally gettin straight and I am happy with how my life is going. (Aside from my slacking in training, but that's changing)

That's about all for now...OH yeah starting a new job tomorrow w the Army and I am really looking forward to it.

To The Threshold!

ghost
03-21-07, 8:25 am
Yes yes guys I am the dumbass Guardsman that Rob has been talkin about.

To You Rob: Sorry if I let you down with that. But we are back on this week and it's nothin but total dedication to it. I'm cuttin smoking cold turkey for this bro. Can't wait for the smoke session you have for me. (I have a Monster for ya too.)

To Everyone Else: Keep an eye out...I'll keep ya'll updatedon how I'm doing.

To The Threshold

you are no dumbass ray. you didnt let me down, you gotta get your goals straight with what you want out of lifting and be serious about it all. if you cant take this life serious, it would be like forgetting your training when your feet hit the dirt in iraq.

and i am gonna smoke you,....just imagine...Suicide sprints up n down the sidewalk, OLD SCHOOL PT. the real shit...not this calistenics bS they have now.

Did back last night...for some reason, i was completely off with my lifts. i was really pissed about it too. of course, my stomach had been upset all day, and i have been getting light headed and dizzy lately, i have a Dr.s appt monday to figure out what is going on. got home and just wanted to sleep.

oh well, today is a new day.
time to move past the bullshit and focus on what needs to get done.

Preston
03-21-07, 2:25 pm
Get your head straight man, get back in the game. Oh, and ironically, in RE: to your " old school PT "

Guess who did 7 miles cross country because my gym closed early? Yeah < this dude, it was rough man, I'm talking 7 country miles, up hills and shit. Now, that's a total killer, plus did abs. I've had off days...but, they just clear your head for the next day so you can do even better. You'll regain yourself man, you got it.

R.Bearse1
03-21-07, 8:15 pm
Well back in HS when I was working out regularly for football and wrestling I torn my lateral miniscus in my left knee and popped my shoulder out of the socket. (not at the same time) Freshman year at Regionals I tore my left shoulder out of my socket...It kept me out for awhile but a few weeks later I was back in the gym getting ready for football. Sophomore year I tore my lateral meniscus in the last game with my JV Team. I tried lifting a few weeks later just light weights but it was horrible pain. I started taking Vicodin so I could still workout through the pain. in true life-style one problem lead to another and soon I had a slight addiction to Vicodin. Once I ran out of money and couldn't get Vikes anymore I hit the weights again to find something else to get me through the days. I was determined from then on to make my legs strong enough to never have another injury happen to them again. For 2 reasons...1. I didn't like being injured and 2. I was scared I would easily be addicted to pain killers again. At the end of that summer is when I squatted my most in my life 495 (I said 500 in another post but I was corrected 2 days ago by my buddy that I was lifting with at the time). Now I am giving up 2 things I've done for sometime for this life again...I'm quitting "heavy" drinking and I'm done smoking.

"Mind Over All" and "Destroy Everything, Decimate what threatens Me"

Preston
03-22-07, 8:39 am
See, I open my mouth once and shoot out something that needed to be said, and bam, INFRACTION.

lol

I should just leave this forum.

Preston
03-22-07, 8:40 am
See, I open my mouth once and shoot out something that needed to be said, and bam, INFRACTION.

lol

I should just leave this forum.

I wonder if they even voted on giving me that.... lol

ghost
03-22-07, 10:07 am
weird. very weird. i have a lot to post about, ill do it this afternoon.

Preston, if you read this before i post, call me.

brandonA
03-22-07, 12:45 pm
[QUOTE=rcrott1;55110]you are no dumbass ray. you didnt let me down, you gotta get your goals straight with what you want out of lifting and be serious about it all. if you cant take this life serious, it would be like forgetting your training when your feet hit the dirt in iraq.

and i am gonna smoke you,....just imagine...Suicide sprints up n down the sidewalk, OLD SCHOOL PT. the real shit...not this calistenics bS they have now.

Shit bro, maybe i should have you smoke me too....Funny how i kinda miss getting my ass beat...never military....but football and track.....
-B

Ricky P
03-22-07, 1:34 pm
Torn meniscus in left knee along with bone chip fragments (Scoped in '01).
Slight tear in right knee meniscus (No surgery req.)
Broken left wrist and right wrist.
Broken right elbow.
Tendon in left wrist between the two bones is gone, bones rub together, absolute hell pain, usually aggrivates during bench or curls.

ghost
03-22-07, 2:30 pm
Shit bro, maybe i should have you smoke me too....Funny how i kinda miss getting my ass beat...never military....but football and track.....
-B

cmon out to michigan.

brandonA
03-22-07, 2:37 pm
cmon out to michigan.

Soon as the snow melts...i hate snow..lol...
-B

ghost
03-22-07, 2:58 pm
so do i. hence why i am trying to find jobs out of state...my gf said she would move with me. so im good.lol.

Preston
03-23-07, 3:20 pm
That is because your girlfriend happends to be amazing, and can cook like an angel.

Lucky dog.

:-P

Preston
03-23-07, 3:21 pm
cmon out to michigan.

That person doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

Bad idea. lol

ghost
03-26-07, 8:53 am
That is because your girlfriend happends to be amazing, and can cook like an angel.

Lucky dog.

Thank you brother. she truly is amazing. and i am the luckiest man alive to have her.

That person doesn't know what they're getting themselves into.

Bad idea. lol
shush..dont tell em that..lol

GREAT weekend. went home to chicago for the Shamrock Shuffle...8k. LARGEST 8k in the world. 30000 runners were in this one. finished in my target time of 45 minutes. i have a bum knee, and it gave out on my twice or i would have been faster.

have a doctors appt today to figure out what all is going on with that, and my dizzy spells.

have to start packing all my shit up at my apartment and start moving it in to my gfs house this week. i have a little over a month to do so, but i figured why not get it started now.

ghost
03-26-07, 9:02 am
one thing i was really confused about at the shuffle, After the 5 MILE race....a race that only had ONE friggin water station the entire time, they were giving free beers to the racers...i was thinking to myself, "lets see here...im really dehydrated, so ill go have a beer, which FURTHER dehydrates me."

retards.

brandonA
03-26-07, 1:41 pm
one thing i was really confused about at the shuffle, After the 5 MILE race....a race that only had ONE friggin water station the entire time, they were giving free beers to the racers...i was thinking to myself, "lets see here...im really dehydrated, so ill go have a beer, which FURTHER dehydrates me."

retards.

If that race was here in the desert, there would be people laying all over the road...one water stop???...but hell they have beer.....that has water IN it, so that must be the same.....get the same thing here....dude works out side all day in the sun..it's going to be 80 here today...100+ all summer, he drinks soda all day, then stops at the circle k on the way home and buys a 24 of bud light and drinks the whole thing...dude i dont feel so good.....people never learn...sorry for the rant......great job on the race, take care of that knee...

-B

ghost
03-26-07, 2:17 pm
can barely walk on my right ankle. thankfully i have an appt today with my doctor about a lot of shit.

i have ranted before about people taking care of their own responsibilities...well. my fuckin boss is at it again. she calls me this morning talking about how she has a terrible nose bleed and may go to the hospital..i want to tell her not to do so much coke and she wouldnt have this problem. lol.

she called me back at 1045 talking about how she was just now on her way in to the office. ridiculous. if i were to do this, i would be fired. she has a Dr.s appt this afternoon and was only coming in for a meeting with my mom, her boss, but my mom is home sick from the race, so she turned around and went home for the day. so lazy.

brandonA
03-26-07, 2:28 pm
can barely walk on my right ankle. thankfully i have an appt today with my doctor about a lot of shit.

i have ranted before about people taking care of their own responsibilities...well. my fuckin boss is at it again. she calls me this morning talking about how she has a terrible nose bleed and may go to the hospital..i want to tell her not to do so much coke and she wouldnt have this problem. lol.

she called me back at 1045 talking about how she was just now on her way in to the office. ridiculous. if i were to do this, i would be fired. she has a Dr.s appt this afternoon and was only coming in for a meeting with my mom, her boss, but my mom is home sick from the race, so she turned around and went home for the day. so lazy.

that pisses me off and i dont work there...i can not stand lazy people at work, be lazy on your own damn time...i really hate people not showing up for work, if you are sick that is one thing, but if you were out fucking around all weekend, dont make me pay for it, get your ass to work...we have some of the welders who love to do this shit..and as long as they call in, they are ok...you have to kill some one to get fired here....for now....hehehe (evil laugh)...
-B

ghost
03-26-07, 2:34 pm
well it is really funny, there are a lot of changes in the works right now, and they are changes that she has no idea about, nor will she until it is too late for her to change anything. she doesnt realize it but i am the one that keeps tabs on her every move. i know that she rarely shows up before 9/930...and takes 2 hr lunches, and leaves early most days. and that she tries to sign OUR names to our time cards to "make it go faster for everyone" which is FRAUD. and that she hires underqualified staff because they are arabic and speak her language.

welcome to America, speak english or get the fuck out.

brandonA
03-26-07, 2:42 pm
well it is really funny, there are a lot of changes in the works right now, and they are changes that she has no idea about, nor will she until it is too late for her to change anything. she doesnt realize it but i am the one that keeps tabs on her every move. i know that she rarely shows up before 9/930...and takes 2 hr lunches, and leaves early most days. and that she tries to sign OUR names to our time cards to "make it go faster for everyone" which is FRAUD. and that she hires underqualified staff because they are arabic and speak her language.

welcome to America, speak english or get the fuck out.

Yea, we have the same prob down here with spanish...was a lady in E.R. who did not speak any english and was trying to get her kid some help...fucking sad.....If i was your boss, but i knew your mom was my boss, i would watch my ass...people get to comfy in there positions, they dont ahve to compete for thiere positions....i have been fired once and learned my lesson...there is always some one who can do my job....just not as good as me...
-B

ghost
03-26-07, 2:45 pm
she always talks about how she knows every aspect of every job in our clinics, then ill ask her to plot a PREMIE graph, and she cant...or to do some other stuff, and she cant. she doesnt realize that i am the one competing for her job.

on a side note, i just saw that you quoted me in your Sig...thanks, i appreciate it and am honored brother.

strength and honor.

brandonA
03-26-07, 2:47 pm
my pleasure brother.......looks like you may have a new job soon? some people dont see the bus till it hits them
-B

ghost
03-26-07, 2:49 pm
i would love to take over her job. things would be run MUCH more effectively here. and we would finally be up to the Federal code.

Preston
03-26-07, 2:55 pm

Oh my God, is rob complaining about pain? I'm saving this shit, totally booking this. lol

ghost
03-26-07, 3:02 pm
when i come cram my foot up your ass, you will be complaining too. lol.

Preston
03-26-07, 3:07 pm
when i come cram my foot up your ass, you will be complaining too. lol.

Oh really? You'd like that wouldn't you? I'm pretty sure this thread isn't supposed to talk about what YOU like to do on your OWN personal time.

( I think this is the reason for the infraction lol )

ghost
03-27-07, 8:39 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So i started moving some of my stuff in to my gfs house yesterday...we had some discussions about finances and all that jazz. gets me fired up thinking about what the future will bring for us.

ghost
03-27-07, 9:25 am
I am ready to kill someone.

how fucking lazy can people be, seriously.

the security guards at one of my offices are bitching because they arent sure what days we are here and are not here. my response to them, "monday-friday." they bitched to their boss, and now apparently i have to get them a Schedule of when we are here and are not. so i printed off a regular calendar, and tossed it to them and said, "some of those days in that month we are here, and some we are not. If i show up that day, we are here...if i dont. we arent."

lazy fucks.

ghost
03-27-07, 10:00 am
i am sick and tired of people saying one thing, and NOT FUCKIN ACTING ON IT. ridiculous.

i need a new fucking job.

Preston
03-27-07, 10:13 am
So Rob looks like he's gonna kill someone again, eh? Congratulations on moving into your girlfriends house man, totally wish I could do that with mine. ;)

Either way, your day will get better man, or atleast I'll give ya a good laugh.

IDEA! : Shove your foot up their asses, you like that shit.

-Preston

ghost
03-27-07, 10:16 am
bout to. i need to get the fuck out of here. dont get me wrong, im not racist, i just hate stupid fuckin people.

example. our clients have id books that the AUTHORIZED person has to SIGN. according to the FEDERAL policy, they are to be signed before the coupons can be used in the store. client came in THREE MONTHS AGO, never signed the book. my staff said they had to be signed or next time no coupons.

today is coupon pick up, so no appointments.

client comes back, STILL HASNT SIGNED THE FUCKING BOOK. so what does my staff do, gives em the coupons after trying to argue with me about it. i am ready to send this fuckbag home for insubordination. that or shoot everyone here.

ghost
03-27-07, 11:10 am
quote................."i dont speak english...do you have this form in arabic?"

me:"You just asked me that in english, but you dont speak english"
her:"but i dont speak english"
me:"get out."

seriously. how fucking stupid do they think i am.

brandonA
03-27-07, 11:41 am

shit starting early bro? fucking stupid people....hang in there bro....
-B

Preston
03-27-07, 2:38 pm
Hahahahahaha thats funny.

ghost
03-27-07, 6:05 pm
gotta love morons.

bleed_alone
03-27-07, 7:54 pm
i just had a bit of time to sit down and read all these posts. like people have said before, you're real as hell and you've got this shit down right. just wanted to say you've got my respect, that's all. keep 'em coming bro cause i know you aren't giving up for shit.

peace.

R.Bearse1
03-28-07, 1:50 am
gotta love morons.

Morons are God's way of making us feel better about ourselves. He puts them on Earth so we know we aren't the dumbest person...hahaha! Mad props for puttin up with some of the shit you tell me about bro.

ghost
03-28-07, 8:19 am
i just had a bit of time to sit down and read all these posts. like people have said before, you're real as hell and you've got this shit down right. just wanted to say you've got my respect, that's all. keep 'em coming bro cause i know you aren't giving up for shit.

peace.
Thanks brother. ill keep em comin too, trust me.

Morons are God's way of making us feel better about ourselves. He puts them on Earth so we know we aren't the dumbest person...hahaha! Mad props for puttin up with some of the shit you tell me about bro.

i work for the government...you know how it is with us...we put up with shit all the time. if a day goes by and i DONT...i worry.

Preston
03-28-07, 2:30 pm
Thanks brother. ill keep em comin too, trust me.

i work for the government...you know how it is with us...we put up with shit all the time. if a day goes by and i DONT...i worry.

Come on dawg, you got this shit. Plus...it's not really thaaaaaaaaaaat bad. :\

ghost
03-28-07, 2:49 pm
come to my job for a day. you will see how bad it is.

Preston
03-28-07, 3:26 pm

I have to deal with your kind today :\ lol I hope they're happier people LOL

R.Bearse1
03-28-07, 3:31 pm

How they treatin ya today bro? Have to walk away at all yet?

ghost
03-28-07, 3:41 pm
COMPLETELY different organization.

R.Bearse1
03-28-07, 3:52 pm
COMPLETELY different organization.

Gotcha...no problems w/ the "Boss"? haha

Maccabee
03-28-07, 4:18 pm

lol lmao, I know how you feel. I was in school and we had groups. Half the time this dude is speakin english and when we give him work the schmuck all of a sudden forgot the language. I made sure he did his share, no way in hell I am gonna do his shit.

brandonA
03-28-07, 4:23 pm
lol lmao, I know how you feel. I was in school and we had groups. Half the time this dude is speakin english and when we give him work the schmuck all of a sudden forgot the language. I made sure he did his share, no way in hell I am gonna do his shit.

assholes, i hate that shit.....my girlfriend lost her grandma years back and grandpa re-married..Zuri is really cool lady,, she is from columbia, but is working her ass off to become a citizen. she is taking english speaking courses right now, she speaks it well, just wants it to be perfect..anyway she was saying that the teacher breakes them in to groups and in the group there can't be 2 people that speak the same langauge..forces them to speak english...thouht that was pretty cool...sorry a bit off topic...

-B

ghost
03-29-07, 8:14 am
so today we have a staff meeting...NORMALLY, they are supposed to start at 8 when our work day starts, but my boss wont be in until 9 or 10..so who knows when it will actually get rolling.

im just gonna start it when people are there. fuck her.

mcbeast
03-29-07, 9:46 am
wat part of the gov u work for bro?

ghost
03-29-07, 1:23 pm
the part where nothing gets done.

Preston
03-29-07, 4:00 pm
the part where nothing gets done.

lollllllllllll Hahahahahaha.

ghost
03-29-07, 4:11 pm
how did it go yesterday preston?

Preston
03-29-07, 5:13 pm
how did it go yesterday preston?

they wouldn't give me the fucking pills, so I'm gonna have a friend of mine go get them. She'll do anything for me. :D

ghost
03-31-07, 7:52 pm
that is ridiculous. Good luck brother.

ghost
04-02-07, 9:26 am
so, my girlfriends sister usually picks me up on her way to work, and this morning she was sick, so her husband picked me up instead.....he got there EXTRA fuckin early, and i was kind of rushed. so i didnt get to do my pushups, or sit ups..NOR did i fucking remember to grab my briefcase that has my Keys to my offices, cabinets, coupons etc....my laptop, my mp3 player. MY WALLET, any of that. so i am in a bit of a fun mood, because aside from my boss being on vacation, AGAIN.......the other staff member i work with on mondays has called in, leaving me to fend for myself against the clients.

what a great fucking way to start off on monday.

R.Bearse1
04-03-07, 4:04 am
Yeah it started off bad but then you had a kick ass lift session...got some more stuff moved AND a great dinner!

"Drink water and Drive on" (Gotta love DS's)

Toni69
04-03-07, 5:08 am
Enough chit chat here! How's my boy and his training? Tell me...what's up?

ghost
04-03-07, 9:18 am
training....we started 100 sets yesterday. wow. i can barely move today. did chest, and bis.

tomorrow is going to be shoulders, back, and tris.

then this weekend we are smoking legs.

question....when is too much, enough?
how lazy can certain people be????? if your job requires you to PROTECT A FEDERAL building..and your start time is 7....why the fuck are you showing up at 830???????????????????????????

ghost
04-04-07, 2:09 pm
people dont understand the meaning of the word anymore. it seems that society has lost touch with Respect, and fell victim to the "chain of command" theory.

Chain of Command Theory is exactly what it says. Yet, people ignore the simplicity of Respect in this theory. People do not bother handling the problem or situation themselves, and rely on someone else to do it for them.
Things tend to get worse when this occurs.

Respect Theory. Again, exactly what it says. If you SHOW the respect you wish to receive, you will be given said respect. If you go to the person you have the issue with, you will more often than not, be able to resolve the situation and both parties will be fully informed of both sides.

Too many people in today's society are scared. They are scared of how someone may react to criticism. They are scared to actually face the situation and get it taken care of immediately. People fear immediate results, yet that is what every American wants.

So, if you want things to run a LOT smoother, and have more respect given to you, go the higher route and deal with the issue yourself.

Strength and Honor.

R.Bearse1
04-04-07, 9:57 pm
people dont understand the meaning of the word anymore. it seems that society has lost touch with Respect, and fell victim to the "chain of command" theory.

Chain of Command Theory is exactly what it says. Yet, people ignore the simplicity of Respect in this theory. People do not bother handling the problem or situation themselves, and rely on someone else to do it for them.
Things tend to get worse when this occurs.

Respect Theory. Again, exactly what it says. If you SHOW the respect you wish to receive, you will be given said respect. If you go to the person you have the issue with, you will more often than not, be able to resolve the situation and both parties will be fully informed of both sides.

Too many people in today's society are scared. They are scared of how someone may react to criticism. They are scared to actually face the situation and get it taken care of immediately. People fear immediate results, yet that is what every American wants.

So, if you want things to run a LOT smoother, and have more respect given to you, go the higher route and deal with the issue yourself.

Strength and Honor.

You get that shit with Carmen squared away?

ghost
04-05-07, 10:50 am
Why yes it did.

ghost
04-09-07, 10:55 am
Kicking and screaming.

We come in to this life kicking and screaming. Gasping for air...not knowing what is really happening. Through our lives, we learn certain things through lessons, some taught by parents or teachers, others learned on our own.

As a child, you will kick and scream when you don't get your way. Mom and dad pull you away from your toys, you start kicking and screaming. Mom or dad wont get you a new toy, you start kicking and screaming. All calling for the attention of everyone around you and your parents.

We get older, we get wiser. We learn that kicking and screaming is not the most effective way to get what we want. We learn that getting what we want is done through hard work, dedication, loyalty, honor, humility, and respect.

You have to bust your ass to achieve your goals in this lifestyle. You have to pay your dues, every day.

You have to be dedicated. If you arent dedicated then you are not going to have the balls to follow through with the journey you set out on.

You have to have loyalty. Loyalty to yourself, loyalty to the iron.

Honor. Speaks for itself. Hold yourself accountable for your actions, dont fuck around.

Respect. If you do not respect the iron and this life, it can kill you. Plain and simple. You may try to bench too much and not respect the fact that you need a spotter..you will underestimate the iron, dont. It can and will kill you if you do not respect it.

Humility. If you go around boasting about how much you can bench, and how big n buff you are....the bigger and better man will come-a-knocking and he will smoke your ass..be Humble.

Kicking and screaming. All it is, is a way to call for attention to yourself. The man kicking and screaming in the gym, the one showboating...galavanting about. The one that garnishes my respect, is the one taking care of business...paying his fucking dues. Being humble, respecting the weights.

Keep these things in mind brothers and sisters,

Strength and Honor.

focused
04-09-07, 11:19 am
Great post Rob, keep 'em commin.

ghost
04-09-07, 2:22 pm
Thanks brother

ghost
04-10-07, 12:04 pm
Lazy

I really do not understand how people in society could WANT to be lazy. Yeah, they have a machine that can do just about everything except wipe their own ass for them. But seriously, why would you be so lazy as to call someone that is in the room next to you, ON THE PHONE.

If your legs are not broken, and you can move on your own, get off your ass and fuckin move. Especially someone that CONSTANTLY is asking me for work out advice. Get off your ass and walk the 30 feet to ask me the fucking question. I am no longer answering my cell phone for people that are in the same building as me. I am tired of people being so lazy they do not want to move. I bet that if they could, they would never get out of bed.

My boss has everything in life handed to her..she does not have to do a damn thing, anywhere. She is barely here at the office because she knows I do the work load of 5 regular employees. Well, no longer am I answering her calls when she is in the same building as me because I will not assist in the lazy habits of people.

So if you want to get involved in the movement, don't answer your phone anymore for people that are in the same area as you. Fukem, let em get off their lazy asses to come and talk to you.

Strength and Honor.

Preston
04-10-07, 3:11 pm
So, uh, this means I can still call at akward times in the morning/night.

Right? If I can't, I'm not answering my phone anymore at 4 in the morning MY TIME. No, really, I won't. . . .That's a lie, I will.

Stay strong you girl! ( ok, I didn't mean ANY OFFENSE to any females on this forum*****) It's just another day in paradise buddy, so keep your head above the water and tredge on broseph!

-Preston

ghost
04-10-07, 3:51 pm
Quote of the fuckin day...AGAIN................."i cant answer your question, as i do not speak english that well."

me:"you just said that to me in english"
them:"but that is all i really know how to say in english"

too bad she didnt realise i meant for her to get out of my fucking country.

brandonA
04-10-07, 4:07 pm
I went to one of the big city parks for easter with Stacy's family...They got there early and got a good spot...As the day progressed, these assholes kept walking throught the middle of our area...The last two where mexican and they ignored us, gave us that stupid, i dont speak english look..I guess one of them mumbled under his breath in spanish.."i can walk where every i want"...Stacy's aunt heard this, her step dad and family all speak spanish..anyway...she yells at the guy in spanish..."come back at 5 and you can walk where ever the fuck you want"....the look on that guys face was classic...shit, they speak spanish.....assholes.....

-B

ghost
04-11-07, 10:20 am
It isnt even 930, and i have a migraine. God i love wednesdays. my reynauds is getting worse. my office is so cold i can barely move my fingers. i need to find a specialist and see what i can do for some sort of gloves. wearing 2 pairs of gloves that are field tested at 45 below....doesnt do anything. i hate cold weather.

mcbeast
04-11-07, 10:31 am
bro where exactly do u work?
why ur office so cold?

ghost
04-11-07, 11:53 am
i work for the WIC agency, through the federal gov't....and my office is cold because they put the AC on in the winter, and the HEAT on in the summer...they are fucking stupid here.

Gambit
04-11-07, 11:54 am
i work for the WIC agency, through the federal gov't....and my office is cold because they put the AC on in the winter, and the HEAT on in the summer...they are fucking stupid here.

Hey man, I know how you're feeling. I'm from Toledo, and they used to do that shit to us in school.

ghost
04-11-07, 11:59 am
it is ridiculous. im sitting here trying to do blood draws on kids, and they are freezing their asses off.....i have contacted the state about it on a number of occassions....and nothing has happened yet. so i think i am just going to cut the ac off in the bldg.

mcbeast
04-11-07, 12:12 pm
uhm yeah id do that.
wic yeah ive heard of that..
damn u must wear mad sweatshirts n shit..ppl crazy

ghost
04-11-07, 12:13 pm
cant wear sweatshirts...i would love to though.

i sure do love my JCrew hoodies.

i have to dress business like bc i am the boss.

mcbeast
04-11-07, 12:14 pm
damn man that sucks..i feel sorry for you..waer like underarmor under ur suit n shit?

ghost
04-11-07, 12:16 pm
i am going to get some good polypropelene shirts to wear as undershirts. if they complain, ill bring in a Dr's letter stating that i have to wear them.

mcbeast
04-11-07, 12:20 pm
yeah fukem bro..crazy as hell...they prb got cozy offices....awesome tho ur on here so much haha =)
but i gtg next period...
stay cool..
wait no warm =)

ghost
04-11-07, 2:42 pm
my job is not a hard one, unless you are stupid. and it just so happens that my staff are stupid.....which makes more stress on me.

god i love my job.

Preston
04-11-07, 2:53 pm
God = capitalization. Either way, shush, you love your job, you know you do! Plus, you state workers are phenominal on customer support.

TOTALLY JUST KIDDING !!!

ghost
04-11-07, 3:23 pm
ah, if my clients were only as smart as my staff....life would be easier.

Preston
04-11-07, 3:38 pm
That is all that smart..... !!! LOL

ghost
04-11-07, 3:39 pm
gotta love it...

Preston
04-11-07, 3:43 pm
dude, i don't have a training question, answer your fucking phone! lol

jp jp

Nah, uhm...back to school hours, and I ate at 11:15 and its now going on two o clock...and I won't get back to the school till 3:00 and I don't have any food with me....dude, I'm so starving.

ghost
04-12-07, 9:09 am
yeah, i called you back.

Preston
04-12-07, 10:09 am
Yes, yes you did indeed sir! I appreciate the call, I was seriously considering chewing my arm off. It's okay though because after school I went home and made 1 1/2lb's of sirloin and 3 chicken breasts for the rest of the day. DELICOIUS!

ghost
04-12-07, 4:17 pm
wow..I am no where near Toni in this aspect, but it has been an amazing time here so far at the Forvm...and i feel like just yesterday i signed up. now i am at post #1000...sweet.

This company has shown me the TRUE meaning of customer care and loyalty. Not only are they loyal to the regular everyday buyer...but to the Legion.

Never forget where your loyalties are brothers and sisters. Universal has been MORE than loyal to us in this life, all we can do to repay them is keep hitting it as hard as possible, one rep at a time...one forkfull of food at a time.

brandonA
04-12-07, 4:19 pm
Congrats Bro...1,001 nuggets of quailty info....

-B

ghost
04-12-07, 4:20 pm
appreciate it brother...greatly appreciate it. im just another amongst the masses trying to defy gravity.

R.Bearse1
04-12-07, 8:26 pm
Don't deify it...beat the living piss out of it bro! So I'm gonna have to go ahead and have you order those supps for me while I'm gone. I want something to look forward to when I come home. lol. Oh....haha so Ash made a fatal mistake and ridiculed the Army and what we do for the vets at their funerals....That's done! lol

Preston
04-12-07, 10:46 pm
Don't deify it...beat the living piss out of it bro! So I'm gonna have to go ahead and have you order those supps for me while I'm gone. I want something to look forward to when I come home. lol. Oh....haha so Ash made a fatal mistake and ridiculed the Army and what we do for the vets at their funerals....That's done! lol

That's a no-no. :( Sorry to hear it hand to end.

HEY ROB! I orderd my stuff today, ohhhhhh yes yes yes. I'm so stoked.

ghost
04-16-07, 1:39 pm
Thinking.

too much on my mind lately...right now i have a pinched nerve in my back, so i have to lay off of training for a few days.

i saw my knee surgeon on friday morning..and his exact words were, "you have your mothers knees, so if you dont stop training legs, i will be replacing your knees before you are 30"

my mom has had her acl replaced, twice..i have tendonitis in both ankles, and knees...and my knee is so jacked up that if i keep it up, i wont be able to walk by the time i am 35, according to my Dr...so i have a lot on my mind.

he told me, "no more competing in powerlifting"

really pisses me off. my entire life is being thrown down the fucking shitter. i am not going to let that shit stop me. if necessary.....put some fake shit in my knees...Fuck, i have already lost 2 fingers, that hasnt stopped me.

i really dont know sometimes....................

all i have is the code,
Strength and Honor.

Preston
04-16-07, 2:22 pm
Hey bro, just train smart man that way you can build quality muscle around your knee. Come on man, you've got lots of good things in your life right now. You've got....your girl, and lifting...and eating food!

Keep er on the up brother.

-Preston[ANIMAL] a.k.a "LoneWolf"

Giant Killer
04-16-07, 2:41 pm
all i have is the code,
Strength and Honor.

Fuckin' right, doggie.

ghost
04-16-07, 3:35 pm
Hey bro, just train smart man that way you can build quality muscle around your knee. Come on man, you've got lots of good things in your life right now. You've got....your girl, and lifting...and eating food!

Keep er on the up brother.

Cant, the doctor told me that i am not supposed to be bending my knee past a 30 degree....and that if i start back up on my training for legs, i am gonna be fucked.

R.Bearse1
04-16-07, 9:07 pm
bro why didn't you call me and let me know? We'll get you back as soon as we can. I'm right here with you. Through the pain and trials bro.

ghost
04-18-07, 8:18 am
i didnt call anyone, nor tell anyone. i would rather not deal with it, but i know that it is not the animal way. i have to face my problems head on and power through that shit. did back last night, only light because i had to take a little over a week off..felt great to get something done finally. knee and ankle are a lil sore today, but that is everyday for me.

just keep pushing brothers, dont let shit get you down..as it will fuck up your entire lifting schedule.

Strength and Honor.

ghost
04-18-07, 8:55 am
fuck i have a migraine already from my staff.....i really need a new job.

Preston
04-18-07, 12:23 pm
Just 'nother day in paradise bro. ;) Hey, and about your knee problem, there are a whole bunch of bb's that are disabled man. No one said you can't use your upper body ;)

I'm prayin for ya brother, no worries. You've got the big guy on your side. :D

rhinotested
04-18-07, 12:48 pm
Not really something I got in this kinda lifestyle, but before I started with the Iron, I managed to slip my disc in my back making me unable to walk for 6 months...

Surgeon told me that I'd never ride a bike or weightlift again (the only 2 things I enjoyed doing), but within the year I was cycling to the gym, pumping iron...

So much for not doing anything I wanted!!!

Continued to do these things until present day, and that was 9 years ago!!!!!

ghost
04-19-07, 1:31 pm
what a great day! :):):)