PDA

View Full Version : missing meals

Juggernawt
02-17-09, 4:12 pm
hey so i got just fucked up on Sunday night really drunk ha but Monday came along and i couldn't eat shit i ate like a whole pizza and after that i slept than ate roast beef dinner potatoes etc but even when u guys are sick does it really make that big of a difference will it set us back a couple days in dieting or training or should we just not worry about it and just keep going hard

hardworkE
02-17-09, 4:16 pm
It's over now so theres no use worrying about it, but missing meals is pretty big. And a whole day of meals will definitely set you back. This is more of a marathon than a sprint though, consistency is key. If you get on a schedule, don't miss a meal, lift hard and get the necessary rest, you will grow. It is plain and simple, just takes dedication to do it. Put it in the past and get in all of your meals every day from here on out.

Juggernawt
02-17-09, 4:38 pm
hey thanks man i figured it was a big deal ill keep on truckin

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 5:18 pm
Just step up and start back today. Everyone has those days brother. Youll be ok.

sanga
02-17-09, 5:34 pm
Don`t beat yourself up over whats done but I`d be sure to get every meal down, even when I`m sick I eat every meal.

mritter3
02-17-09, 5:54 pm
don't let it get you down bro, but yeah missing meals is pretty big, diet and consistancy is the name of the game, your body cannot grow and respond the workouts if your not feeding it consistantly.

violator
02-18-09, 5:46 am
yeah, i frequently go out and get drunk all the time and expect my body to 'keep goin hard'...cmon man....what the fuck?

sodapop
02-18-09, 8:31 am
yeah, i frequently go out and get drunk all the time and expect my body to 'keep goin hard'...cmon man....what the fuck?

He never said he gets drunk "all the time". Personally, I think it's fine to party every once in a while. You still gotta live your life, man, and for a lot of people, drinking is fun. I drink, but only about once every two months, maybe twice.

Juggernawt
02-18-09, 2:24 pm

yeh man totally broke forum rules but i only drink maybe once twice a month so man if your here to make people feel like shit find a different forum

Aggression
02-18-09, 2:37 pm
yeh man totally broke forum rules but i only drink maybe once twice a month so man if your here to make people feel like shit find a different forum

It happens. Last time I got sick, I couldn't eat for a day and lost 5lbs. I had to battle back and within a few days I was back to normal. If you're sick/hungover, just try to eat something. If you can't get down chicken breast and a sweet potato, just try to get anything down. Personally, I'd rather add a little bit of garbage weight for the day, as opposed to losing a few pounds ....

Brutus_515
02-18-09, 2:38 pm
shit happens man...I dont drink too often anymore but I do everything 100%....so I usually get pretty bombed. I might miss a meal or too when im not hungry the next day so i usually drink a few shakes until i get back on my feet.

violator
02-19-09, 10:26 am

yeah im in here to make u feel like shit....thats my sole purpose in life....i apologize for not getting all the details from you beforehand.....but if u want people here to pat u on the back for gettin drunk, sorry, then i dont think uve got the right site my friend....go look for sympathy somewhere else.....u sounded like u need a kick in the pants....i gave you one....tough love Bro....deal with it...

Alk
02-19-09, 11:04 am
yeah im in here to make u feel like shit....thats my sole purpose in life....i apologize for not getting all the details from you beforehand.....but if u want people here to pat u on the back for gettin drunk, sorry, then i dont think uve got the right site my friend....go look for sympathy somewhere else.....u sounded like u need a kick in the pants....i gave you one....tough love Bro....deal with it...

QFT

If you're a true workaholic, and a true lifter, you should be able to tell the difference between tough love and blatant insults. Nice post response to the naysayers violator.

Drinking won't help you build muscle. Skipping meals won't help you build muscle. You just gotta get your meal plan straight again and get back on the grind. That's the bottom line.

GJN5002
02-19-09, 12:16 pm
OP never asked anyones opinion on drinking so get off your high horse about it. Missing meals is bad plain and simple. If youre gonna go out and have fun make sure you get something in your system. Protein shakes if you have to, just make sure you dont go 12-14 hours withtout food because youre so hungover. If I ever go out and have some beers I will usually get some early am breakfast to help the situation.

LegendKillerJosh
02-19-09, 12:26 pm
OP never asked anyones opinion on drinking so get off your high horse about it. Missing meals is bad plain and simple. If youre gonna go out and have fun make sure you get something in your system. Protein shakes if you have to, just make sure you dont go 12-14 hours withtout food because youre so hungover. If I ever go out and have some beers I will usually get some early am breakfast to help the situation.

For sure man. If you hit the bar, I think you're better off hitting some fast food on the way home than not eating anything. And when you wake up the next morning, if you don't feel like eating, down some real gains with oats and peanut butter. It is easy to stomach, delicious, and will get rid of your thirstiness as well.

Brutus_515
02-19-09, 1:18 pm
For sure man. If you hit the bar, I think you're better off hitting some fast food on the way home than not eating anything. And when you wake up the next morning, if you don't feel like eating, down some real gains with oats and peanut butter. It is easy to stomach, delicious, and will get rid of your thirstiness as well.

BOOM grab some McDonolds on the way home and eat it...for some reason I never get headaches the next day with a quarter pounder with cheese

BobbyB11
02-19-09, 1:29 pm
[QUOTE=Shaffer_515;643369]shit happens man...I dont drink too often anymore but I do everything 100%....so I usually get pretty bombed.

That is an awesome ANIMAL quote, I agree its not worth doing if you dont do it 100%. Also after a night out, drop a gatorade before you go to bed, and you will wake up fine.

GJN5002
02-19-09, 1:38 pm
BOOM grab some McDonolds on the way home and eat it...for some reason I never get headaches the next day with a quarter pounder with cheese

that cure works the morning after too. Coat the stomach with some nasty artery clogging goodness with a gatorade to wash it down.

Alk
02-20-09, 9:31 am
Idk how you guys stomach McDonalds...after I began to wrestle in middle school, a quarter pounder usually ends up on the ground in chunks for me soon after I eat it. Def better to eat fast food then nothing at all, but I usually get me some Chinese =)

Wasteland
02-20-09, 10:09 am
Does it make a difference? Only you can tell as you know what your goals and expectations are. You get out what you put in.

violator
02-23-09, 3:29 am
.... You get out what you put in.

& i doubt liquor and macdonalds will get anyone very far....

ryanvs
02-23-09, 4:00 am
I used to get bretty messy every week end until i learnt what the effects of alcohol are. That combined with missing meals will have negative effects, but whats done is done. I used to stress out too about that sort of stuff, so I stopped drinking, stress gone lol. But you gotta live man, each to their own. But when I did drink heaps, I would spend the next day drinking plenty of gatorade and whey shakes with oats. almonds for healthy fats, easy to eat too. Just anything to get the calories up.

GJN5002
02-23-09, 12:11 pm
& i doubt liquor and macdonalds will get anyone very far....

we always gotta take it that extra step dont we. Wastleand said it best you get what you put in. Cant we leave it at that. Im sure he jotted down that mickeys d's and liquor wont get him far, thats not common knowledge is it.