PDA

View Full Version : 3 week vacation

Sho
02-17-09, 4:17 pm
Just got back from a nice vacation from Jamaica with my gf and haven't trained a day since. pretty much been sitting around in the sun and not doing much. Problem was i couldn't get any training in due to the fact that there was no training facility and having my gf around me 24/7 kinda made me super lazy since shes pretty much like my personal maid. Right before i left i hit my monthly goals and was really psyched about it. needless to say when i hit the gym last night all my gains went right down the drain, put me back about a month id say.

Before i left i was Squatting 225 for 20 reps .. its not much to the elite but it was a huge milestone for me. since not even 3 months ago i could only do 225 for 5 reps. seems like i gotta start all over again, and its really killing my motivation. Anyways here's the routine i was one before i left, i was just wondering if it could use any tweaking or improvements to get me where i was before i left as quickly as possible.

Day 1
Squats
Deads/Bent over Rows
Bench
Standing OH press
Power Cleans/Hang cleans

Day 2
Pullups
Dips
BB Curls
Ez bar Laying skull crushers

Day 3
Rest

Repeat.

J.Damico
02-17-09, 4:46 pm
Hit it again in week 2, you should be surprised.

sanga
02-17-09, 5:44 pm
Cut back to say 190 and see if you can get 20 reps then build up again, this is progressive resistance, keep adding until you can not add anymore,chances are this will be 3 months time and you will be squatting 250 for 20 then take a week off and rest and then come back again but start at 230lb for 20 and then build up again.

Progressive resistance always with rest periods of a week or even 3 weeks lol are great for training and also for your mind.

I take off 2 weeks twice a year and don`t train, I eat whatever I want or not eat, its all rest and recoup,peace of mind and gives my body a good rest.

mritter3
02-17-09, 5:52 pm
that vacation may have been exactly what your body needed, i bet in 2/3 weeks you will be adding 10-15 more pounds to your squat, make sure your diet is in check, and your giving your body enough rest and you will come back stronger than ever. good luck bro

Sho
02-17-09, 6:46 pm
righton. Thanks for the motivation guys.

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 10:55 am
Just keep going brother. I friend of mine just joined the gym with us. He has been out of the game for a few years due to college. He got lazy after hs and just didnt do much. You will be surprised how much your muscle remembers.