PDA

View Full Version : The Iron War Against Ourselves

mahscles
02-17-09, 11:35 pm
When I wake in the morning, he’s there. Staring at me, looking at where I need improvement. The blank stare he gives only further drives the monster inside of me. The eternal curiosity giving me thoughts like “what can he do?” or “why is he here?” I ask him but he never answers me, he only responds with the same stare. It pierces deeper than any knife or stake into my soul. I go on with my day, and I forget about him until my meal time comes up, then I wonder where he is. I cautiously eat what I am supposed to in fear of what he could do to ruin me. Then after that he is again forgotten on and off until gym time.
I see him as I walk into the gym, but this time he seems different. He isn’t angry, but he’s definitely not happy either. He couldn’t scare me away from the iron. He missed his objective, and now he is so pissed I can see him boiling. It is my turn to watch him, staring deeper and deeper into his mind and soul. Pushing further and further forcing as much as I can, I watch him try not to give in to the pain. We angrily stare back and forth, still not exchanging words. He keeps up well and stays at the same pace as I do.
By the time we have paid our daily dues we are both numb. The calm on his face matches that of mine. Looking at this man, I say my goodbye. He just blankly stares back, a look of discontent on his face.
Though he plays like we are allies, when morning breaks and I am face to face with him…with me…we shall again become foes. Then when we wield our weapons of iron, I can only hope to again persevere. This is the eternal battle of the Iron War.

mahscles
02-18-09, 10:09 pm
yeah today was supposed to be leg day but it was icy today in this crap town so all i could do is do some squats with the weight i have here at the house and i couldnt take the car on it. i really need to get some better equipment at in this house. most of the problem is i have so little weight to work with so i end up doing more reps just to feel like ive done something. i find myself attaching things to the bar along with the weight for more resistance. its ridiculous, but its what i have to do. basically this day was a complete let down because i was looking forward to the gym all day (i always look forward to it. anger problems+assholes=bad moods). anyway im just putting in my day and if anyone has any advice on what i should do in this situation it would be greatly appreciated. i figured maybe i shouldve done cardio to lose some fat but i dont think that would be smart in this crap weather, and running up and down steps gets old fast. anyway thanks for reading.

Blake2134
02-18-09, 10:34 pm
Amen brother! Buy sum more weight if ya got the cash to do so. If not... get paint cans and do it Bruce Willis style in unbreakable haha. good luck man. Peace!

BB
02-21-09, 12:01 am
i remember reading an article about Arnold who use to do a full body workout with stuff he culd find in a hotel room...dips between chairs that kinda thing look that up maybe your find somethign helpful

mahscles
02-21-09, 8:31 am
i remember reading an article about Arnold who use to do a full body workout with stuff he culd find in a hotel room...dips between chairs that kinda thing look that up maybe your find somethign helpful

i'll have to try that next time. thank you

mahscles
02-22-09, 9:42 am
well i freakin sprained my ankle running around the neighborhood. i am really hoping that is all that it is. problem it tomorrow's leg day and i am definitely not missing that. i guess you have to make sacrifices in order to continue your journey to walking with the Titans. oh well we are all in situations like this so i figured anyone who wanted to share situations like this could post them here. just post any injuries you had to grin and bear in order to keep training. should be interesting to see what people post.

mahscles
02-23-09, 7:43 pm
yeah it was deadlifts today. i just started doing them and incorporating them into my week. it has been interesting but i hate the fact that after lifting heavy a few times you feel like you can lift mountains then you realize that lifting below your max is even hard. its so weird. oh well thanks for reading

mahscles
02-28-09, 8:41 am
Yesterday i couldn't go to the gym because of ice...again! So i decided instead doing it the bitch way (it was 20 degrees outside) and running up and down the steps a million times, i would just face the cold and run for a while. the pain was excruciating and my lungs felt like they were gonna explode. but i kept going. i had to get that monster out some how. i had been in a bad mood all day and if i didnt do something i was going to spaz out.
It is times like that when you realize the sort of pain and sacrifices you have to deal with and make in order to be that animal. all of us know these pains well. we feel them every second of every day. they wont stop tearing at our brains and bodies, but we keep going. We may ask ourselves "why?" but all we know that its that addiction that keeps going.

machineman
02-28-09, 8:55 am
try chains for added resistance....I have not tried them yet, but I am close to buying some....

mahscles
02-28-09, 4:11 pm
try chains for added resistance....I have not tried them yet, but I am close to buying some....

thats a good idea. thanks man.

mahscles
02-28-09, 4:14 pm
Just purchased M-Stak today and i am looking forward to using it. I already take the Pak but i hadnt tried any others. should be interesting.

mahscles
03-01-09, 12:06 am
I used the m-stak today. that is potent stuff. i was so pumped it was ridiculous. i would recommend that in a heartbeat. i thank animal for another great supplement. im gonna keep up the work plus more now that i have this stuff in my hands.

mahscles
03-06-09, 11:57 am
in a months time i have lost 20 pounds without fat burners an gained a lot of muscle mass! i was a fat kid most of my life so i am glad to be getting in shape and gaining muscle weight and not fat. im actually proud of myself finally and i can thank animal and all the rest of the people on the forvm for the inspiration to dream big. thank you all.

machineman
03-06-09, 12:01 pm
don't sell yourself short, bro....you have put in some great work to accomplish those goals....make sure to give yourself some credit too!!!

mahscles
03-07-09, 6:11 pm
don't sell yourself short, bro....you have put in some great work to accomplish those goals....make sure to give yourself some credit too!!!

thanks man

mahscles
03-08-09, 7:43 pm
i was in the gym alone, like usual, the other day and i got to thinking. when i first started going to the gym i went to it was because of my brother. i had some weight in the house that i started using a little while before hand, but it was nothing significant. one day i was fixing something to eat and he called my cell phone. when he answered he was like "hey man i found this new gym. wanna go?" i said yes but i wasnt as excited as he was. at the time it wasnt my passion, it was just a means of not being lazy and sitting on the couch all the time. i started going and i was like most people when they first go to the gym "well i dont wanna over do it man." well as i started going more often i started liking it a lot more. well one week my brother stopped going and thats when i realised something: i was keeping a monster chained up the whole time. by "not over doing it" i was under doing it by a longshot. i started lifting more weight and then one day i saw the "lift the pain" ad in a muscle and fitness mag at the gym(i rarely read those things) and then i came on here. i wasnt into "bodybuilding" at the time but once i started doing it more and set my mind to it i realized it was time to join the legion.

mahscles
03-14-09, 8:46 am
Its been a while since ive posted on my thread so i figured i would tell ou all whats going on. i have increased my protein intake (again) and i am seeing even more results as the weeks go on. basically i am trying as hard as i can to just work my other life around my building life. its difficult but its just another sacrifice that has to be made.

machineman
03-14-09, 9:07 am
glad to hear everything is going well, bro.....keep on bangin'!

mahscles
03-24-09, 6:35 pm
well my grandfather is having surgery so unfortunately i will have to workout at home when i get the time. i hate it when things get in the way of my goals. then i feel like i have walked so many steps back. i did, however, meet up with a powerlifting team this weekend and threw down some weights for a few hours. that was really nice and it was good to just get out of this hell hole for a little while. i had some good lifts compared to last time i did deads and that kind of thing. its always nice to see some progress and shows me that even though i have had to miss some i havnt lost that inner animal. thanks for reading.

mahscles
04-03-09, 11:41 pm
been a while since ive been on this thread (even though i made it). i have finally gotten a date of when i will be competing in my first competition. it will most likeky be may 23rd next year unless they change it. i am very happy about this and more excited then i have ever been before. i know you all will be with me every step of the way until i am on stage. i just want to thank you all for the support.

mahscles
05-04-09, 11:45 am
i am trying to get rod of the extra fat to get this six pack to show through better so i purchased Cuts the other day and started doing more cardio in the morning to cut that excess off. i will record how it is working for me. thanks for reading.

mahscles
06-10-09, 9:39 am
well its been a while since i have posted my thoughts on here. a lot has gone on between school and life, bb life and normal, since my last post. i am bulking up again instead of cutting because i realized i wanted more mass. things are finally calming down(sort of) in my life so it gives me time to focus on posting everything that i do on here. thanks for reading, hopefully more people will sub because its getting dusty in here hahaha