PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice

frank85
02-18-09, 9:29 am
Hey guys,

It's been about 5 years or so... and 30 or more pounds of unwanted fat....

I recently joined the gym again and I am planning out my diet and workout routines...
This is nothing like before, I am not looking to compete or to win any trophy's...
I am just looking to alter my lifestyle and live healthier again...

Also I am mixing it up riding my mountain bike on the trails,commuting to work & swimming on my off days.... (this will eliminate repetitiveness and keep me motivated)

I want to get into the Animal Paks again along with CUTS... does anyone else think I need to add anything else as far as supplements go?

here my stats
age 29
6'5 285LBS & my BF is probably 30% ++

I really need to trim down ... I am having a hard time deciding on my supplements
I am considering CUTS and the PAKS at the moment...

any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks again

C.Coronato
02-18-09, 9:32 am
Welcome brother and you have come to the right place.

Pak and Cuts is a great way to start off your supplementation. However, for those to work you must start with a great diet. What does it look like right now?

frank85
02-18-09, 9:54 am
Welcome brother and you have come to the right place.

Pak and Cuts is a great way to start off your supplementation. However, for those to work you must start with a great diet. What does it look like right now?

My diet is crap at the moment... I work fulltime and also go to school so it is extremely difficult to make time for the meals.... (but I guess I will have to)

Take this with a grain of salt....
sometimes I don't always follow this schedule...
I work in an office environment and they are always throwing junk at me...
Lunch at restaurants and crap like that...

I have been following this now for about 3 weeks

Mornings at the office Mon - Fri

2 paks of oatmeal
protein shake
2 yogurts
1 orange

Mid Morning snack
Turkey Sandwich (when available)
Protein Shake
Almonds or Mixed nuts
any available Fruit

Lunch
Boxed Kashi meal
& a salad

After noon snack
Can of tuna in water or albacore tuna
corn
protein shake

Dinner
salad
chicken breast, pork or steak

hardworkE
02-18-09, 10:30 am
Coming here shows that you have enough motivation to lose the weight. First and foremost you just have to realize that its not going to be easy and you have to work your ass off to lose the weight. Make no excuses for yourself. If you have to lose an extra hour of sleep, so you can fit in 45 minutes more of cardio, then thats what you have to do.

Just remember as you are going through this, if you work hard, eat clean and take care of your body, you will be rewarded. Honestly, it will definitely be worth all of the hard work, planning out your meals, and time spent doing cardio. It is completely up to you whether or not you will be able to lose the weight, just a matter of how bad you want it. Good luck with everything and if you need anything, this is the place to come.

frank85
02-18-09, 10:47 am
Coming here shows that you have enough motivation to lose the weight. First and foremost you just have to realize that its not going to be easy and you have to work your ass off to lose the weight. Make no excuses for yourself. If you have to lose an extra hour of sleep, so you can fit in 45 minutes more of cardio, then thats what you have to do.

Just remember as you are going through this, if you work hard, eat clean and take care of your body, you will be rewarded. Honestly, it will definitely be worth all of the hard work, planning out your meals, and time spent doing cardio. It is completely up to you whether or not you will be able to lose the weight, just a matter of how bad you want it. Good luck with everything and if you need anything, this is the place to come.

Thank you E... for the good words of motivation...

I am currently doing cardio on split 20 minutes warm up on the stepper...
followed by my exercise routine for the day ...
then another 20 minutes and some Tabatas to finish it off....

frank85
02-18-09, 3:38 pm
well I just ordered 2 of each CUTS and Animal Paks...
any other suggestions?

frank85
02-19-09, 10:58 am
well I just ordered 2 of each CUTS and Animal Paks...
any other suggestions?

anything else guys?

Aggression
02-19-09, 11:03 am
Eat a meal, hit the weights, and then hit the cardio up.

You don't want to do your cardio right before you lift. Train, and then hop onto the cardio for at least 30min.

If you want, you could also do cardio first thing in the morning, and then have breakfast. Then you can train at any other time during the day. Depending upon your goals, you can finish the weights and go home, or hit your second round of cardio.

Always do cardio on a empty stomach, or directly following your training session.

frank85
02-19-09, 11:26 am
Eat a meal, hit the weights, and then hit the cardio up.

You don't want to do your cardio right before you lift. Train, and then hop onto the cardio for at least 30min.

If you want, you could also do cardio first thing in the morning, and then have breakfast. Then you can train at any other time during the day. Depending upon your goals, you can finish the weights and go home, or hit your second round of cardio.

Always do cardio on a empty stomach, or directly following your training session.

Thanks for the advice....

what do you think about my supplement choice to start off?

and how long should I wait to add another supp to my arsenal ?

Remember the main goal is to get rid of the gut... my gym offers a spinning class at 5:30AM.... ill do that first thing and then have breakfast and my animal pak....

when should I take the animal cuts?