PDA

View Full Version : She said yes.....

dannynb
02-21-09, 12:45 am
Well this evening I proposed to my girl....and she said yes. Hard to believe she puts up with me and this life I have chosen. Still hasn't sunk in yet....tired as hell as we just got back from a company dinner. I proposed before we left...she was having a hard time finding jewelry to wear and she even said "I can't find anything to wear." So I pulled out the ring and asked her "Why don't ya try wearing this.....but only if you'll marry me." She said yes, gave me a kiss and off to dinner we went. I'm about beat...got my butt kicked at Wii boxing. So I'm going to bed. We both look forward to meeting everyone in Columbus at The Cage and the ABC....goodnite folks.

Little Houghton
02-21-09, 12:47 am
congrats man thats some great news! unlike most kids at my age, i cant wait till that day comes for me! good luck with everything bro

thsbiglifter
02-21-09, 1:38 am
Congrats, man.

Phil800101
02-21-09, 3:42 am
Congrats bro!

R.Bearse1
02-21-09, 3:50 am
Congrats Rico Suave!! :)

xMATT182x
02-21-09, 3:53 am
Congrats dude, best of luck!

sanga
02-21-09, 5:59 am
Well this evening I proposed to my girl....and she said yes. Hard to believe she puts up with me and this life I have chosen. Still hasn't sunk in yet....tired as hell as we just got back from a company dinner. I proposed before we left...she was having a hard time finding jewelry to wear and she even said "I can't find anything to wear." So I pulled out the ring and asked her "Why don't ya try wearing this.....but only if you'll marry me." She said yes, gave me a kiss and off to dinner we went. I'm about beat...got my butt kicked at Wii boxing. So I'm going to bed. We both look forward to meeting everyone in Columbus at The Cage and the ABC....goodnite folks.

Thats great mate, congratulations and all the best to you both, see you at The Cage.

Elite
02-21-09, 6:44 am
I've seen your lady in your myspace pics and she is absolutely stunning. Your a lucky guy, congratulations. Best wishes to you both for now and your future together.

machineman
02-21-09, 7:02 am
congrats, bro....

freak-a-boo!!
02-21-09, 7:19 am
That's great news bro !!. U r so damn lucky. I am having such a hard time with my girl. She just sees me as a good friend and nothing more. One of the reasons she gave me was my iron life style. "You seem too obsessed" is what told me. But she didn't even give me a chance to prove that I can bring about the balance in my life.

Once again Congrats bro !!

Feel The Power
02-21-09, 9:43 am
congrats bro!! any girl who respects your lifestyle and what you like to do is worth keeping around.

J Wong
02-21-09, 10:00 am
Congratulations man

mdh84
02-21-09, 10:05 am
Awesome news! Congrats man.

naturalguy
02-21-09, 10:14 am
Congrats Danny!

dannynb
02-21-09, 10:48 am
I've seen your lady in your myspace pics and she is absolutely stunning. Your a lucky guy, congratulations. Best wishes to you both for now and your future together.

Thanks brother. I am a lucky guy.

Thanks everyone!!!

dannynb
02-21-09, 10:50 am
That's great news bro !!. U r so damn lucky. I am having such a hard time with my girl. She just sees me as a good friend and nothing more. One of the reasons she gave me was my iron life style. "You seem too obsessed" is what told me. But she didn't even give me a chance to prove that I can bring about the balance in my life.

Once again Congrats bro !!

Sorry to hear that. Michi is great....she's tryingto understand the bodybuilding scene. She supports me 100%. She's not all gung ho about bodybuilding but she hasn't missed any of my shows since she met me. You'll find a girl that understands what you do...just got to remember to do things to reassure them that they are as important if not more..than your goals in this game.

Dockins
02-21-09, 11:02 am

congrats man. yeah i could never catch on to the wii at all...any game. but its whatever. =D

do work

Gambit
02-21-09, 11:21 am
Congrats, Danny!

Cellerator65
02-21-09, 11:33 am
big congrats man

Mr. Aestheticz
02-21-09, 12:30 pm

Congrats to the both of you and good luck in your new future!

BryanSmash!
02-21-09, 4:21 pm
congrats!

wedge
02-21-09, 4:28 pm
Congrats to both of you and I wish you two nothing but the best.

Toni69
02-21-09, 4:30 pm
huge congrats! I wish you both the best amd most happiness...

SQUAT or DIE!
02-21-09, 4:36 pm
big congrats danny! michelle is an awesome girl and you are a lucky man

dannynb
02-21-09, 4:47 pm
Thanks everyone.....

SQUAT or DIE!! Hey bro, Michi says she wishes you were making it to Columbus. I do to of course. Need to come to town for a workout bro.

InkdMuscle
02-21-09, 4:52 pm

Smoove Operator Danny. Way to pop the question. CONGRATS. I wish you both the very best. See ya at the ARNOLD...

B-rad89
02-21-09, 7:29 pm
Should have waited 4 (now 3) more days! Could have done it on my b-day. haha

Congrats man.

dannynb
02-21-09, 9:53 pm
Smoove Operator Danny. Way to pop the question. CONGRATS. I wish you both the very best. See ya at the ARNOLD...

I look forward to seeing ya there.

PrometheusCon
02-21-09, 11:11 pm
That was a pretty awesome proposal method. I like it. *takes note* Congrats as well!

Wasteland
02-25-09, 9:05 am
Congratulations. Tell us about the ring, lol. How did you propose? Did you get down on your knee?

IRBS
02-25-09, 9:16 am

Just remember, youre just an accessory at the wedding. The only reason youre there is because she needs a groom to have "her special day."

LOL, jk man (well, maybe not completely, but...LOL) congrats. Married life is cool.

dannynb
02-25-09, 12:22 pm
Been married before so this is nothing new to me.....she's a really great girl. Thanks guys!! I will give details once we decide when and where...and yes all of my Animal Family is invited.

dannynb
02-25-09, 12:23 pm
Congratulations. Tell us about the ring, lol. How did you propose? Did you get down on your knee?

Hmmm...ring- solitaire diamond and no I didn't get down on my knee...just walked behind her and held out the ring and said what I said.

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 12:24 pm
Been married before so this is nothing new to me.....she's a really great girl. Thanks guys!! I will give details once we decide when and where...and yes all of my Animal Family is invited.

Congrats brother.... One fella I know over at BB.com posted up pics from his wedding, shoulder pressin' his bride while wearing a Universal t-shirt. The pics are awesome. He even has one as his avy there...

JUGGERNAUT
02-25-09, 12:25 pm
Fantastic news! See you at the cage too.

widdlewade44
02-25-09, 12:25 pm
Good luck with your life together, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

C.Coronato
02-25-09, 12:48 pm
dude thats one of the cooler proposals i have heard. such good timing huh! Congrats brotha!

dannynb
02-25-09, 1:01 pm
Congrats brother.... One fella I know over at BB.com posted up pics from his wedding, shoulder pressin' his bride while wearing a Universal t-shirt. The pics are awesome. He even has one as his avy there...

We need a pink Animal shirt...I'll wear my LE black Iconic and she can wear the pink one.....I got somethin up my sleeve for the big day...will be repping Animal...pics will be posted but I may need to sleep on someone's couch for a couple of weeks afterwards. LOL

SQUAT or DIE!
02-25-09, 2:59 pm
We need a pink Animal shirt...I'll wear my LE black Iconic and she can wear the pink one.....I got somethin up my sleeve for the big day...will be repping Animal...pics will be posted but I may need to sleep on someone's couch for a couple of weeks afterwards. LOL

LOL im so there, give me a date and ill wear my T..

Nightshift
02-25-09, 3:05 pm
Congrats buddy!

Dingo
02-25-09, 3:05 pm
CONGRATS!
1st time, second time, it doesn't matter, all that matters is its the RIGHT ONE this time! Hopefully you two will be one of the love sick, make it through anything, celebrating 75years couples that makes every other couple envious on this planet!!!!!

dannynb
02-25-09, 4:21 pm
CONGRATS!
1st time, second time, it doesn't matter, all that matters is its the RIGHT ONE this time! Hopefully you two will be one of the love sick, make it through anything, celebrating 75years couples that makes every other couple envious on this planet!!!!!

Honestly I feel like we will...we have our moments but she puts up with me and when push comes to shove and no matter how mad we might get....neither of us can imagine our lives without the other in it. Gonna take work but hell all good things do.

Lunatic001
02-25-09, 4:25 pm
Congrats bro!! I just found this thread.....I have 7 yrs under my belt and no regrets......wish you guys the best!

Dingo
02-25-09, 6:09 pm
Honestly I feel like we will...we have our moments but she puts up with me and when push comes to shove and no matter how mad we might get....neither of us can imagine our lives without the other in it. Gonna take work but hell all good things do.

yeah, work, but when its the right one its not really work, just like with the right job/career, if you enjoy it its not work.

i know my wife and i havent been married a year, but already a girl in the office is "hatin" cause we are so happy, with comments like wait 10 years, yadda yadda yadda. as long as at the end of the day you are glad to see her sittin there in some old ratty clothes, hair a mess, no makeup and all you can do is smile and tell her how much ya missed her, you'll be aight.

I'm sure my perspective may change in a few years, but right now i treat everyday as if its the first day of marriage, fresh and new.

Carpe Diem P.T
02-26-09, 4:16 am
as long as at the end of the day you are glad to see her sittin there in some old ratty clothes, hair a mess, no makeup and all you can do is smile and tell her how much ya missed her, you'll be aight.

your spot on there dingo. my soon to be wife looks like the biggest dork sometimes but it just makes me laugh because i find her cute. On the outside she seems to be the most boring person around but theres something about her i cant get enough of. Thats how it should be i reckon. You never really know why you love your partner, you just do.

machineman
02-26-09, 6:15 am
my wife and I have been married 9 years (10 this June) and have been together since '93...I helped put her through college and all I can say is my life would not be complete without her.....with 3 kids (2 of which have developmental delays) life gets VERY hectic....but we make sure we have some time for each other each day....no matter how busy we are....I think that is key...and also never go tp bed mad....sure, we have our arguments, but at the end of the day, all is forgiven and we stive to be better tomorrow than we were today....

deanna7272
02-26-09, 6:20 am
Ohhhhhhh Danny!!!! CONGRATS!!! I just saw this!!!!! I am so happy for you, everything falling into place, even if it hasn't "sunk in"....

Can't wait to "meet" both of you at The Cage...

Congrats again!!!!

dannynb
02-26-09, 10:06 am
Ohhhhhhh Danny!!!! CONGRATS!!! I just saw this!!!!! I am so happy for you, everything falling into place, even if it hasn't "sunk in"....

Can't wait to "meet" both of you at The Cage...

Congrats again!!!!

Thanks D!!!

It's sinking in.....we haven't told the kiddos just yet. i have 2 and she has 1, yeah we're the Brady Bunch. They will be excited. It's strange, after my divorce I said never again...than almost 5 years later this woman walks into my gym and asks about a membership, there was something about her smile and her eyes that struck me.....than after a year of dancing around asking her out...I did....than 5 months later, I've asked her to be my wife. I can't help it...there's something about her that calms me. For the first time in my crazy life when she wraps her arms around me I find peace.

Dingo
02-26-09, 12:43 pm
Thanks D!!!

It's sinking in.....we haven't told the kiddos just yet. i have 2 and she has 1, yeah we're the Brady Bunch. They will be excited. It's strange, after my divorce I said never again...than almost 5 years later this woman walks into my gym and asks about a membership, there was something about her smile and her eyes that struck me.....than after a year of dancing around asking her out...I did....than 5 months later, I've asked her to be my wife. I can't help it...there's something about her that calms me. For the first time in my crazy life when she wraps her arms around me I find peace.

thats awesome, finding peace, thats how i was able to put the bottle down. all her doing. haha

deanna7272
02-26-09, 4:08 pm
I can't help it...there's something about her that calms me. For the first time in my crazy life when she wraps her arms around me I find peace.

This statement says it ALL.... Makes my heart smile...

dannynb
02-26-09, 4:17 pm
This statement says it ALL.... Makes my heart smile...

Oh don't be getting all sentimental on me now. LOL

LittleMan55
02-26-09, 4:21 pm
Thanks D!!!

I'm not too late to say Congrats am I? Sounds like you have a hell of a good thing going dannyb. The last part of that post is something few ever find. You are a lucky man.

dannynb
02-26-09, 4:33 pm
I'm not too late to say Congrats am I? Sounds like you have a hell of a good thing going dannyb. The last part of that post is something few ever find. You are a lucky man.

Thanks brother....I have come to learn this..

deanna7272
02-27-09, 12:18 am
Oh don't be getting all sentimental on me now. LOL

HE HE HE... Sentimental??? Who, Me???

That comment speaks VOLUMES of your character AND hers... I'm sure I can speak for the ladies when I say that we would want our men to think of us that way...

dannynb
02-27-09, 12:59 am
HE HE HE... Sentimental??? Who, Me???

That comment speaks VOLUMES of your character AND hers... I'm sure I can speak for the ladies when I say that we would want our men to think of us that way...

Thanks D....coming from you it means something.

dbrewer
02-27-09, 10:13 am
congratulations brother!

Mickey
03-31-09, 2:56 am
congrats bro!

rmeguy
03-31-09, 5:06 am
congrats bro! Its hard to find a good one out there who puts up with our day in/day out life style. Its always good to hear the news. Btw, classy way of asking, very nice..lol