PDA

View Full Version : Rep by painful f'n Rep.

Bristoe
02-22-09, 6:51 am
I have been browsing the boards for a few months, finally got myself to sign up a week or so ago, and I really have to get something off my chest. It's not a gripe about how dedicated you guys are, or anything bad at all really. It's just when I come on here, I hear about how people are pushing X amount of weight, or they hit this certain goal or destroyed a old personal best, and you know what that shit is motivating. I am in no regards a body builder to be honest. I am 5'9'' tall and 170lbs, I don't bench multiple plates, I don't squat damn near the weight of a Volkswagen bug, but I got drive. I got dedication. I push myself to limits I never thought I could reach, with the help of my lifting buddy. He tells me to "man the fuck up, quit being a bitch" on those day's when I try to sneak that bit of a easier rep and I need that little bit of encouragement, I do the same for him. I lift because I want to be better as a person, and I want to be stronger, not because I ever will really compete, i don't really have the genetic structure for it. But I do like pushing myself to the very edge of what my body is capable of doing. I have been doing it hardcore for the past 6 months of this deployment, every day no matter what.
I guess what I am really trying to say is thanks for the motivation that some of you are not even quite sure you have given me.

mahscles
02-22-09, 1:33 pm
man you dont have to be a freaking monster to be on here, just have what you have and you can be part of this legion. you have the drive to succeed like the rest have and you will walk tall with those before you who have lifted those high numbers. we all have our starting points

ArmyAthlete34
02-22-09, 1:54 pm
Hey bro great post I agree this is probably one of the single most motivating sites I've ever been on. And what you just posted just put that much more drive in me. Its not your size or how much you can lift but its about the dedication and motivation you have for the sport and lifting those up around you to accomplish their goals. Great post Brother keep up the good work.

BB
02-23-09, 11:15 am
yeah this forum i a wealth of imformation....and there are definately alot of motivating pages on here.

wedge
02-23-09, 11:22 am
It doesn't really matter how much weight is on the bar. As long as you are pushing yourself to the limit day in and day out, that is all that matters. We've all started somewhere. Who's to say that in a few years, you won't be the one moving the Volkswagon?
This place really isn't about the numbers you put up. There will always be someone stronger than you out there. But can they match your work ethic?
Welcome aboard.

C.Coronato
02-23-09, 12:56 pm
Glad to have another dedication here brother. Keep pushing thru the limits.

KJR246
02-28-09, 12:08 am
I'm feeling your post strong, man. If you love the sport, it doesn't matter how much weight you're moving. Just look to the future. I keep that in mind every time I touch the iron.

Gambit
02-28-09, 12:18 am
You're right. The amount of weight on the bar is completely incidental. Ever hear that phrase, "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog." ? Well, it's truer than ever when it comes to Animal. This Brotherhood has people from age 15-60...weighing anywhere from 110lbs to over 300lbs! We've got seasoned Pro's and national level competitors answering questions from the young bucks.

Animal is not a size or the amount of weight you can lift. It's an indomitable spirit that will never be satisfied with "almost." It's a feeling deep down that you can't explain. You've got it. It brought you here.

BCSteel
02-28-09, 9:47 pm
In years past when I would work out at the local globo-gym I had the desire to lift big but lacked the motivation, information and support - of any kind. Coming here and reading/seeing guys squatting masses of plates and benching hundreds of lbs makes it all seem much more accessable. Reading through the diets of people who are moving mass amounts of weight and seeing their lifting schedules puts an aire of reality to it all. While my personal goals right now are not mind boggling to anyone they are far beyond the limits of what I had deemed possable to me before coming here. And while I care about how much someone else can deadlift about as much as they care about how often I shave, it still provides the motivation that I need to push myself hard on those last couple of reps on the final sets.