PDA

View Full Version : Trail Mix

arab910
02-22-09, 2:53 pm
Sup Fellas-

Recently I've set out to put on a little mass so I've been packin a trail mix with me every day. It consists of: peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins, some M&M's.

what are your favorite dry trail mixes like this? anything i could add or subtract to spice it up a little?

T. Kemble
02-22-09, 3:31 pm
whats up bro,

i make my own at the grocery store.
i usually do...

8oz almonds
8oz walnuts
8oz sugarfree craisins
2oz vanilla yogurt balls (only if i feel like being a fat kid haha)

basic and to the point

i take 1/4 cup servings and put it in snack sized baggies, i eat a baggie a day during the work day

i personally dont like sunflower and alot of the other little seeds that premade trail mixes have. and id feel unhealthy if i ate M&Ms all day long!!

good luck!

BryanSmash!
02-22-09, 3:52 pm
I'm not one for trail mix, so I use beef jerky instead. Jacks Links is one of the best.

BCSteel
02-22-09, 10:23 pm
I eat a lot of trail mix type stuff to up my calories. I use a mix of cashews, almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts and sunflower seeds. I'll usually down 1.5 to 2 cups a day on week days (working days).

IronWilson
02-22-09, 10:26 pm
Trail mix can make you fat if you eat too much of it, but it does serve it's purpose as being calorie-dense. It gives you some atomic gas though.

theharjmann
02-23-09, 4:03 am
spoons of natural PB, bananas and protein shakes do the trick whenever i feel a bit peckish!

GJN5002
02-23-09, 1:11 pm
trail mix is delicious but only if Im bulking or cheating. I dont like the combo of fat with sugar, especially because I can just eat a handful