PDA

View Full Version : 3500 cals

1skinnyassedrunt
02-22-09, 7:56 pm
I went onto bodybuilding.com last week and did some of their questions, and found out that to bulk up i need to eat 3500 cals a day, my jaw nearly went through my bedroom floor. How the hell am I gunna do this?

Any ideas would be greatfully recieved

Btw im not looking to dirty bulk, as ive tried it before and it looked like my hair and skin and gone through a cold fryer full of dirty veg oil.

Variable
02-22-09, 8:17 pm
whats your lean body weight

ryanvs
02-22-09, 8:25 pm
Hey man, I'm currently bulking too and, when I started I thought the same as you. "how the hell am I going to eat so much!!" Well it's quite easy, but it does take time. Here's how I did it. Just last December I decided I was going to bulk, and I worked out roughly how many calories I needed each day (3600 approx). First thing I did was calculate my current intake (2100). No wonder I couldn't put weight on. So, I didn't want to up my calories dramatically overnight, leading to more weight gain in the form of fat then muscle, so i did it progressively.
First week 2500 calories
Second week 2750
Third 3000
Fourth 3250
Fifth 3500
You get the idea. By doing that I found that to increase my calories from week to week all I had to do was add 250 calories. Which is as simple as, say, a whey shake with skim milk with a cup of oats or 50 grams of cashews.
Most of my food comes in the form of Eggs, Tuna, Oats, wholemeal/grain bread, rice, plus whey shakes with milk and oats.
Like you I also bulk clean, and I've seen great results. Although I havn't touched 'take away' food in about 3 months, so I crave pizza now and again, but haven't given in lol.
So, by doing that I have gone from weighing 180.4 pounds with 19% BF to weighing 202 pounds with 16% BF (Dec 1st- Feb 21st), currently taking in between 4000-4200 calories per day.
Hope that helps and good luck...

stumblin54
02-23-09, 1:09 am
How the hell am I gunna do this?

You're going to eat, and eat, and eat, all the time. Preparation is number one when it comes to eating consistently. Be smart, plan and cook your meals ahead of time, and do not miss one. This is how you eat 3500 Calories per day.

Stumblin

prowrestler
02-23-09, 1:59 am
3500 is easy cake.

how much do you weigh? you may need more or less. probly more

3500/ 6 meals a day means 580 cals per meal. thats a joke man, easy

1skinnyassedrunt
02-23-09, 11:51 am
whats your lean body weight

Roughly 140lbs.

1skinnyassedrunt
02-23-09, 11:54 am
You're going to eat, and eat, and eat, all the time. Preparation is number one when it comes to eating consistently. Be smart, plan and cook your meals ahead of time, and do not miss one. This is how you eat 3500 Calories per day.

Stumblin

Ok im thinking either chicken brown rice and broccoli or lean minced beef with veg and potatoes as my staples, along with egg, oats, milk and salmon of course.

theharjmann
02-23-09, 11:59 am
Ok im thinking either chicken brown rice and broccoli or lean minced beef with veg and potatoes as my staples, along with egg, oats, milk and salmon of course.

just remember....meat and rice/potatoes

to bump up the calories of every meal, either eat a calorie dense meat/fish (whole eggs/beef/salmon) or add in a couple of spoons of natural peanut butter at the end.

the main thing is that it depends on ur daily activity. when i was at university, i used to walk EVERYWHERE...i walked to and from lectures...to and grom the gym...all with a very HEAVY gym/book bag. That burnt a lot of calories. WHen i was at uni, i ate 5000 cals a day to "bulk".

Now i have finished and i am working, the only activity i have is for the hour i am in the gym...i sit at a desk at work, i drive to work, drive from work, drive to gym, drive from gym. Therefore i have had to adjust my calories since when i was eating 5000 cals a day when at work, i was just putting on too much unnecessary fat.

Tailor it to your needs.

have 4000 cals as a startign point. Assess ur body ever 3 weeks.....if you like what you see, stick with it...if not, then alter it.....simple

1skinnyassedrunt
02-23-09, 12:05 pm
just remember....meat and rice/potatoes

to bump up the calories of every meal, either eat a calorie dense meat/fish (whole eggs/beef/salmon) or add in a couple of spoons of natural peanut butter at the end.

the main thing is that it depends on ur daily activity. when i was at university, i used to walk EVERYWHERE...i walked to and from lectures...to and grom the gym...all with a very HEAVY gym/book bag. That burnt a lot of calories. WHen i was at uni, i ate 5000 cals a day to "bulk".

Now i have finished and i am working, the only activity i have is for the hour i am in the gym...i sit at a desk at work, i drive to work, drive from work, drive to gym, drive from gym. Therefore i have had to adjust my calories since when i was eating 5000 cals a day when at work, i was just putting on too much unnecessary fat.

Tailor it to your needs.

have 4000 cals as a startign point. Assess ur body ever 3 weeks.....if you like what you see, stick with it...if not, then alter it.....simple

Thanks man. I work in a supermarket but I do refund and stuff so im constantly moving around back and forth so that helps. I just find eating that many calories daunting, its going to be hard for a while not wanted to visit the porcelain goddess once a day.