PDA

View Full Version : wrist pain

staudt
02-23-09, 4:38 pm
Over the weekend I somehow hurt my wrist and any pressure that i put on my hand and wrist hurts really bad. I started taking glucosamine twice a day and tried benching just to see what it was like and it hurts to even bench the bar. I was wondering if anyone knows what this could be even though its most likely tendonitis and if its okay to do lifts that don't hurt my wrist.

C.Coronato
02-23-09, 5:02 pm
rest it. I get it too from time to time. No benching, nothing heavy. If it continues, hit the Dr.

Cstlfx
02-23-09, 5:04 pm
Doctor time bro!!

If its been hurting for a little while, the Doc will give you the best course of action.

jeff00z28
02-23-09, 6:05 pm
i hurt my wrist arm wresdling and have had provelms for almost a year, only thing that helps is a hot tub

Giant Killer
02-23-09, 6:23 pm
When it heals up I'd suggest some good wrist wraps. I picked up these: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/5820 and they are a great aid to my pressing support. Eliminated a lot of wrist problems. Code "SPECIAL15" may also still work for 15% off.

staudt
02-23-09, 9:29 pm
I use inzer wrist wraps actually, the day my wrist started hurting me though the day before I tried maxing 300 on flat bench so that might have something to do with it. If my wrist heals on its own will this come back most likely and how can I avoid it other than just using my wraps?

bhanma
02-23-09, 9:41 pm
Over the weekend I somehow hurt my wrist and any pressure that i put on my hand and wrist hurts really bad. I started taking glucosamine twice a day and tried benching just to see what it was like and it hurts to even bench the bar. I was wondering if anyone knows what this could be even though its most likely tendonitis and if its okay to do lifts that don't hurt my wrist.

i hurt my wrist a month ago tryin to dumbbell bench 170, and on the way up the dumbbell slid back and for some reason i tried to re adjust it while it was still movin, and i caught it wrong and it bent my hand back, nothin major but it was sore after.
so i bought msm, and did a bunch of wrist training exercise i learned from a strong man whos wife is a PT
but u have to stay off of it for almost a week or more depending on the level of injury

Grab a plate or 2 depending on ur grip strength and hold it/them using only your finger tips and thumb on the edge of the plates...hold it for 30 seconds for 5 sets

this is actually good cardio too, hold a 100lb dumbbell or whatever weight you can handle and walk around the gym or hold it for 2 mins holdin it strengthens the wrist walkin adds the cardio, beware its burns your shoulders too

this one is my favorite i think it built my forearms, take a few rubber bands or one big one and wrap it around the outside the finger(the rubber band should be on the finger nails) make sure ur hand is half the way open when your putting the rubber band on, and open and close your hands

those are a few....if u cant do any of those u have to take further actions cause i dont know anything else, but i hate the doctor