PDA

View Full Version : Not Growing

MadeOfSteel
02-24-09, 7:59 pm
I have been training for about 2 years straight now( i take a 3 month break in spring for baseball). I have noticed that i havent been really growing much mass over the "bulking" peroids of my lifting. I have proper diet( done research on forvm and other places) and i routine has been pretty solid. i mix it up ever so often. Could i be adding mass and not realizing it or am i doing something wrong.. i train like a a typical teenager who is trying to get stronger and bigger (until around feb where i train more like baseball player).. iam i doing something wrong..? sorry if this is in wrong place.

ryanvs
02-24-09, 8:42 pm
Hey man. What is your current wight, bf% and how many calories to do you consume when bulking?

prowrestler
02-24-09, 9:02 pm
I have been training for about 2 years straight now( i take a 3 month break in spring for baseball). I have noticed that i havent been really growing much mass over the "bulking" peroids of my lifting. I have proper diet( done research on forvm and other places) and i routine has been pretty solid. i mix it up ever so often. Could i be adding mass and not realizing it or am i doing something wrong.. i train like a a typical teenager who is trying to get stronger and bigger (until around feb where i train more like baseball player).. iam i doing something wrong..? sorry if this is in wrong place.

im feeling ok now and am offering to help ya out, i need u to help me though

weight
detailed diet
training program

Big Wides
02-24-09, 10:05 pm

Things take time, you won't turn into a mass freak overnight. Just stay consistant with the diet and training. Over the course of 5, 10, 15 years you will add a significant amount of mass to your frame. For diet start out with a good balance of protein, carbs and fats, to add size consume more carbs than protein. Train your nuts off but rest a lot as well, that is more important than training your nuts off. Stick to the compound movements hard and heavy, and remember time is on your side

dyskee
02-25-09, 9:28 am
muscular growth is never linear it comes in growth sprouts , some time i keep stagnant for a couple of months and then i add like 10lbs in a week all lean, just happens.

ghost
02-25-09, 9:29 am
im feeling ok now and am offering to help ya out, i need u to help me though

weight
detailed diet
training program

Things take time, you won't turn into a mass freak overnight. Just stay consistant with the diet and training. Over the course of 5, 10, 15 years you will add a significant amount of mass to your frame. For diet start out with a good balance of protein, carbs and fats, to add size consume more carbs than protein. Train your nuts off but rest a lot as well, that is more important than training your nuts off. Stick to the compound movements hard and heavy, and remember time is on your side

ditto.
if you are looking for more detailed help, we need the information listed above.......

Bobby_Digital
02-25-09, 8:55 pm
muscular growth is never linear it comes in growth sprouts , some time i keep stagnant for a couple of months and then i add like 10lbs in a week all lean, just happens.

I can definitely attest to this. For a month or two, ill look the same. Then one day, ill be peepin in my mirror and go, " Whoa, I never noticed that striation/bulge/vein there before".
Always a great feeling when that happens, and its instant motivation to keep hittin the gym hard.

MadeOfSteel
02-28-09, 12:51 pm
im 17, 5'10, 185 pounds, around 14% body fat

OklahomaMuscle
02-28-09, 1:20 pm
Diet? About how many calories do you take in a day? How high is your protein intake? How many days off do you take from lifting? What does your split look like? You say you train like a "typical teenager" does that mean lot's of chest and arms and nothing for the legs and other muscle groups...sorry that's pretty "typical". Like Big Wides said it takes TIME and there is alot more to it than just training. I'm sure you know this because you said you read through the forum. I played baseball into college and with all of the running I never gained much either, you have got to throw down some SERIOUS calories to offset the running. Good Luck brother and remember we are all here to help, it's just tough without some more info...

MadeOfSteel
03-01-09, 4:18 pm
My typical diet is:
Breakfast
5eggs
1 cup of oats
16oz of water

Snack:
protein bar
water

Lunch:
8oz of chicken breast
1 cup of rice

pre/post work out shake

dinner:
what ever my mom makes, usually pretty healthy lean meats

i lift monday through friday, and take saturday and sunday off

MadeOfSteel
03-01-09, 4:32 pm
a typical teenager doesnt lift chest and arms around here..We lift more like powerlifters and bodybuilders. my routine looks like this

Monday-chest and back
Flat bench 12,10,8,6
incline bench 10, 8, 6
Flys 10x3

Deads-12,10,8,6,4
bent over rows, 10,8,6
back extensions 10,8,6
shrugs 10x3

Tuesday-legs
squat-12, 10, 8, 20,20 (really helped blow up my legs)
leg extension 10x 3
leg curl 10x3
straight leg 12,10,8

wednesday arms
superset 1 preacher 10, 10, 8
skull crushers 10, 8, 6
Superset 2 dips 10, 8, 8, 6
pull up 20, 15, 10
concertation curls 12x3
close grip 10, 8,8

Thursday- shoulders
military press- 12, 10, 8, 6
upright rows 10,8,6
lateral raise 10, 10, 10

hope this helps

trissynashville
03-02-09, 12:14 am
Dude I don't want to seem like I'm plugging Animal, but consider M-Stak. It's helped me get past "ruts" (complete stop in gains) before with just one cycle and an increased protein/cal. intake, just a suggestion.

prowrestler
03-02-09, 1:18 am
a typical teenager doesnt lift chest and arms around here..We lift more like powerlifters and bodybuilders. my routine looks like this

Monday-chest and back
Flat bench 12,10,8,6
incline bench 10, 8, 6
Flys 10x3

Deads-12,10,8,6,4
bent over rows, 10,8,6
back extensions 10,8,6
shrugs 10x3

Tuesday-legs
squat-12, 10, 8, 20,20 (really helped blow up my legs)
leg extension 10x 3
leg curl 10x3
straight leg 12,10,8

wednesday arms
superset 1 preacher 10, 10, 8
skull crushers 10, 8, 6
Superset 2 dips 10, 8, 8, 6
pull up 20, 15, 10
concertation curls 12x3
close grip 10, 8,8

Thursday- shoulders
military press- 12, 10, 8, 6
upright rows 10,8,6
lateral raise 10, 10, 10

hope this helps

i see alot of overlapse use of the same muscles.

wednesday u did arms, thursday u do delts. you are hitting the amrs while pressing and upright rowing

and deads the day before legs will tax your performance.i never deadlfited on back day, always on leg day.

i like thsi split

monday chest, delts (minus rear)
tuesday upper back( some rear delt at the end)
wed off
thursday legs, lower back
friday arms
weekend off

OklahomaMuscle
03-02-09, 11:18 am
Not to simplify it to much but it is probably due to not eating enough. I input the whole foods you listed into a calculator and with the food listed you're at about 1300 calories and 120gram of protein, add that most protein bars are about 300cals with 30g protein(pretty generous) and that gets you to about 1600cals and 150g of protein. At 17 your metabolism is probably through the roof and you also play baseball on top of that and weight training! you will be blowing through calories with all of that activity. Prowrestlers training critique is on point with the less is more thing, and m-stak would help but you have gotta eat man. You gotta eat big to get big so EAT brother. You have a good idea of how to train just apply that dedication to the kitchen and it will happen, Big Wides said it best TIME is on your side. Good Luck

MadeOfSteel
03-02-09, 11:40 am
thanks to everyone...guess its time to start eating

BubbyLight
03-02-09, 6:54 pm
its just just eating..its stuffing

prowrestler
03-02-09, 11:24 pm
i missed the diet that was posted.

ya, eat alot more then that lol, 185 id be aiming for 4000 cals per day.

LegendKillerJosh
03-03-09, 11:00 am
Try taining just every 3rd day. If you aren't setting personal records EVERY workout, more weight or reps, you need to rest more.