PDA

View Full Version : Intra-Aid Preworkout? Yes...

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 11:42 am
Fellas, this idea ain't nothing new and I've been doing it this way and I know others have as well. But I thought I might explain why I do it--the reason behind it...

As some of ya know, "nutrient timing" is a fairly new and useful topic, one backed by science and one that applies to lifters. Studies on nutrition are finally being done on resistance training, going back to creatine, EAAs and now nutrient timing. In the past, the focus was always on endurance athletes.

Anyways, nutrient timing looks at nutrition pre-, intra-, and post-workout. What we here refer to as the "anabolic window of opportunity". Both the ISSN and the NSCA (two legit scientific bodies) have positions on nutrition as it pertains to this period and both have recommended either protein, EAAs, carbs or some combination of these for all three periods.

Now I'm a fan of both Pump and Shock Therapy pre-workout, though as many of you know, I prefer Pump over Shock. Great focus, energy, motivation and pumps. That said, I also use Intra-Aid pre-workout. I stick it in the freezer for an hour or so, then take it out and head to the gym. I'm sippin' in that for the EAAs, protein, carbs--nutrition.

Bottom line, though Intra-Aid is an "intraworkout" supp, I'm actually using it "preworkout" then carrying it through the workout. Don't be afraid to experiment and tailor supp use to your needs. I know fellas who use Torrent intra-workout and those who use Real Gains post-workout.

If anyone has anything to share or add, feel free to post.

McFly
02-25-09, 11:52 am
I've used a tubs worth mixed with EAA Nitro preworkout for as long as it lasted. I can't say anything bad about it that's for sure. then more Nitro with Storm intra-workout

mritter3
02-25-09, 11:57 am
never used it preworkout before, but everything you said makes good sense......i got a few days left of powder, maybe i will give it a whirl. So you do not take shock or pump preworkout, only intraaid.

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 12:03 pm
never used it preworkout before, but everything you said makes good sense......i got a few days left of powder, maybe i will give it a whirl. So you do not take shock or pump preworkout, only intraaid.

I don't run Shock or Pump all the time and when I do, I prefer Pump. So what I do is drink the Pump pills with the Intra-Aid. If I do use Shock, which I have, I'd start with that. Then, I'd pull the Intra-Aid out of the freezer and sip on that on the way to the gym. Make sense?

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 12:04 pm
I've used a tubs worth mixed with EAA Nitro preworkout for as long as it lasted. I can't say anything bad about it that's for sure. then more Nitro with Storm intra-workout

Ya mean Intra-Aid + EAA Nitro? If so, that's a great combo. I also like mixin' in EAA Stack Juicy Watermelon for an added bonus to the Intra-Aid. The taste is spectacular.

J-Dawg
02-25-09, 3:30 pm
Good post U Rep. I find myself using Intra-Aid, pre- and intra-workout. I like to have the EAAs, protein, carbs and electrolytes in my system to make sure I get the best workout possible in. I don't want my workouts to be hindered by lack of proper nutrition right from the get-go. Meals and supplementation always need to be accounted for to ensure best performance in the gym. If you're properly fueled for the workout and still perform poorly, ya gotta step up your game then.

Mr. Dead
02-25-09, 3:40 pm
I could definitely see where Intra Aid would be great pre-workout...

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 3:43 pm
Good post U Rep. I find myself using Intra-Aid, pre- and intra-workout. I like to have the EAAs, protein, carbs and electrolytes in my system to make sure I get the best workout possible in. I don't want my workouts to be hindered by lack of proper nutrition right from the get-go. Meals and supplementation always need to be accounted for to ensure best performance in the gym. If you're properly fueled for the workout and still perform poorly, ya gotta step up your game then.

Yup. That kinda usage is backed by research and proven by my real world experience so it's win-win...

naturalguy
02-25-09, 4:01 pm
With the new Blue Raspberry flavor Shock Therapy you can now mix it easily with Intra-Aid into one drink and start drinking it pre and through the workout

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 4:13 pm
With the new Blue Raspberry flavor Shock Therapy you can now mix it easily with Intra-Aid into one drink and start drinking it pre and through the workout

Very good point, NG... See, that's why ur a rep, hahahahaha...

Mr. Dead
02-25-09, 4:32 pm

And both mix well with Juicy Watermelon EAA Stack... Now available in the 1kg container...

KeyHAWK
02-25-09, 4:42 pm

I cant wait to try that. I bet that makes a great preworkout/intra workout drink

Little Z
02-25-09, 4:45 pm
I cant wait to try that. I bet that makes a great preworkout/intra workout drink

Honestly, it does.. its my new thing, to have that mix ready, start sippin it before hand and throughout my workout..

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 4:45 pm

Wassup brother?

The Blue Raz Shock Therapy is only available right now at BB.com. But I'm guessin' you know that already...

dannynb
02-25-09, 4:51 pm
I've been doing that since Intra-Aid came out. I take my pump and start sippiing on it about 20 minutes out from the gym and al the way through my workouts. Def noticed a difference in recovery after my working sets....

Universal Rep
02-25-09, 5:01 pm
I've been doing that since Intra-Aid came out. I take my pump and start sippiing on it about 20 minutes out from the gym and al the way through my workouts. Def noticed a difference in recovery after my working sets....

x2

J-Dawg
02-28-09, 1:57 pm

It's a killer combo. Just mixed the two pre-workout yesterday and loved the energy I got from it. Flavor is spot on too.

dannynb
02-28-09, 8:37 pm
It's a killer combo. Just mixed the two pre-workout yesterday and loved the energy I got from it. Flavor is spot on too.

I started this week....drink my Shock Therapy, than mix Storm and Intra Aid and sip on it 20 minutes before lifting and during workout and holy hell...I love this stack.

Big3
02-28-09, 9:40 pm
I've been doing ST, Storm, EAA Nitro together for pre and intra and holy shit. Focus and power. Drink when I warm up on the bike and I really feel it. The carbs, caffeine, and creatine really go hand in hand.