PDA

View Full Version : My new demon: Iron.

Hammeredhead
03-01-09, 5:00 pm
Demons. I've had them all. Women, whiskey, pills, pot, the whole lot , and it all culminated last summer in almost getting married to a total bitch. Fuck that, brothers. It's time for a new demon. I've never accomplished anything in all my stoned hours and most of my drunken hours involve chasing quim. Fun, but unproductive as a broken toaster. I'm not built to have a life without demons tho. I need them to drive me. I firey whip wielding motherfucker of a demon to draw my own fire from. I'm that addictive guy that's obsessed about something at all times. Life it, breathe it, sleep it, smoke it, drink it, fuck it. Whatever I want because it's MINE!

So I tried weights a couple months ago and immediately I was hooked on my new Forged Iron Bitch. Went looking for a place to find some weightlifters that aren't a bunch of web losers. After reading bb.com for a while, I found this place. My new home. Thank you all for not being pansies.

I fired my trainer . He's a pussy. He was training me like I was some whiney housewife there to tend to her mid-life crisis. All machine exercises and nothing that felt like I was challenging myself. Might as well have been doing pilates, for Christs sake.

Starting Monday morning at no later than 5AM I will be at the gym trying out the novice 3 day routine I swiped from this site. Thanks Animals!

Hammeredhead
03-03-09, 2:59 pm
Lost 3.4lbs between Monday morning and Tuesday morning. Drank plenty of water Monday and sure as hell didn't burn 12,000 more calories than I ate. Either my scale is screwy or my system is fighting something off. Prolly the later as I've been low on energy since Friday.

Time to drink more water.

Aggression
03-03-09, 3:21 pm
I like the way you started off. You gotta have something feeding the fire. Whatever it may be. I definitely hear ya brother. Get it done. I'm excited to be a part of this.

Hammeredhead
03-04-09, 1:02 pm
Down another 1.8 pounds this morning for no good reason. Tried takin the Nancy Boy way to recovery yesterday and just did stretching and cardio. The stretching felt very good. I will be adding more of that in the very near future, but no more easy way out. Fuck that. Doesn't work anyway. Doesn't matter if I'm sick. I'm working through it and only He himself can stop me from lifting in the morning.

Hammeredhead
03-05-09, 1:32 pm
Down another 1.2lbs. Eating and drinking as much as I can get my hands on.

Any workout is better than no workout, but this mornings could best be described as weak. Back and Bi this morning and needed more rest between sets than normal and fell short on reps. I'm tired of the wimpy ass, whiney posts. I'll be back soon, when I have something other that crap to write about.

Aggression
03-05-09, 1:46 pm
That seems odd that you're losing weight. You say you've been eating everything, which shouldn't make you lose weight. The only thing I can think of is that you are dropping some body fat and excess weight at the moment .....

calcaneous
03-05-09, 4:02 pm
Whats wrong with pilates?

Hammeredhead
03-05-09, 8:23 pm
Whats wrong with pilates?

Nothing, really. Just needed something feminine sounding. And what fun is life without stereotypes?

Hammeredhead
03-05-09, 8:26 pm
That seems odd that you're losing weight. You say you've been eating everything, which shouldn't make you lose weight. The only thing I can think of is that you are dropping some body fat and excess weight at the moment .....

Very well could be as simple as that. But with being a little low on energy, I'm guessing I'm fighting off a bug of some sort and getting dehydrated. Or maybe I have a tapeworm.

Anyhoo, thanks for hanging out and checking in on my journey. It's very cool to have someone who's been around a while keep an eye on me and keep my ass in line. If you're ever in the Phoenix area, your money is no good at the bar. :)

Hammeredhead
03-08-09, 1:09 pm
Finally picked up some wait Saturday morning! Lost half of it this morning, but I feel GOOOD!

The iron's in trouble come morning, baby! Back day and I'm inflicting pain on it. It's been a week since I've had a good workout and I'm excited about 5AM like a kid excited about Christmas. Are you ready? Here comes the paaaaaiin!

Hammeredhead
03-14-09, 5:59 pm
Solid week at the gym (for me, anyway - Ima nueb and no training partner, so super cool lifts like squats and deads aren't on the table yet. Yet.) And Animal Flex is THE SHIZZ! It's the Real Deal. My right shoulder has always given me sheeit, but that package of Magic Nuggets is working like Teflon!

Hit the gym no later than 4:50 every morning this week, hit play on the pod and everyting went without a hitch. Hit all my reps on every set, which felt good, but tells me I need to up the weight a bit on some lifts. On a few lifts I added some weight after the third set and did a fourth, shorter set. Basically only did 3-5 reps. Stop that set when my form had to be sacrificed. Been doing 3 sets of 12 and have been mixing up the order of my lifts dues to not having found a strict routine that I like. Been noticing that the order of my lifts effect the weight I can handle on those lifts. Like doing a pec fly before my bench effects my bench.

This week went down like this:

Monday - Back/Bi
Tuesday - Chest/Tri
Wednesday - Legs
Monday - Back/Bi
Tuesday - Chest/Tri

My shoulder doesn't ache after chest and mil presses anymore (Thanks Flex!) but for some reason my right kneee still stings a bit when using that leg extension machine - and it doesn't matter how much weight I do or don't use. It's the movement, not the load. Leg press is totally pain-free. Ima need to dig into the anatomy of that area and try to figure out where my problem is. It's not the knee that hurts, it feels as it's coming more from the muscle right at the knee area.

A few questions for yuse guys here. I spend several hours a day working at a desk, and it's effected my posture. Would I be okay doing back twice a week and chest one time, say every other week or something, without causing any problematic strength imbalances?

Also looking for back exercise recommendations (upper and lower). At this point, rows are the major lift I'm doing for my back. Also doing rev fly, pulldowns (I can only get out one complete pull-up at this point) and raises on my back day. That means my lower back is getting essentially no work and I feel like I need to work the my upper/middle back and rear of my shoulders harder. After back day, my back is a a little sore, but not like my chest after chest day for example. In a way, I feel like I'm short changing myself on back day.

Side Note: Just got a sample of Animal Pump in the mail. I didn't request it, but they sent it. Whatta friggin company. Sending me free shit out of nowhere. It's like having a mother that's too cool to send sweaters and shit!