PDA

View Full Version : What is your De-Motivator

Carpe Diem P.T
03-03-09, 3:19 pm
Is there ever anything that can send you the wrong way. The one thing that makes you dread getting in there and going through hell.

Mine is my migraines. As soon as I start to feel one kick in I know a work out is going to be not only crap, but almost a waste of time because it wont be 100% - it will be another week of just maintaining, not progressing.

Too many of these in a row really make it hard for me to keep on the path. What is it that has made you fail before, what has it been in the past that made you lose consistency and drop the game all together?

boondocker
03-03-09, 3:50 pm
my big de-modivator.
mine not so much as physical as yours, mine is more or less the distractions in the gym. i know it's all about me when i am in the zone, but what really throws me for a loop in my small, i mean small, gym . all of the fellas that flirt, talk shop, and "jizz" all over the equipment that i am getting ready to abuse.
i know i must adapt. but to encouter, on a daily basis , these members , just decorating the equipmet really gets me in an uproar. i know we must all work together and share, but there has to be an end to the misuse of the gym..
all of it gets me flustered. throws me off.. messes with my sets.. worst of all when i am resting between working sets having someone "jump" in mess with the weights and completly take over.. yes frustrating .
so with no other gym locations to choose from i am stuck working around this nonsense..
but rest assured i do find a way to get my sets in, one way or another.

Little Houghton
03-03-09, 4:04 pm
i would have to say stress and just little stuff outside of the gym that distracts me, i have a hard time focusing as it is...but unlike when most people are mad...i cant lift when im mad. all my best days at the gym are after good things happen to me outside the gym, idk if its like that for you guys?

JeremyT
03-03-09, 4:38 pm
Is there ever anything that can send you the wrong way. The one thing that makes you dread getting in there and going through hell.

Mine is my migraines. As soon as I start to feel one kick in I know a work out is going to be not only crap, but almost a waste of time because it wont be 100% - it will be another week of just maintaining, not progressing.

Too many of these in a row really make it hard for me to keep on the path. What is it that has made you fail before, what has it been in the past that made you lose consistency and drop the game all together?

I feel you so much on this. I get terrible migraines as well. I get them at least twice to three times a week. They are caused by the muscles in my neck being fucked up. I have gone to physio, and regularly get massages but one wrong neck move during shoulder day and I'm in for a migraine the next day. It fucks up my eating, and it gives me no motivation to do anything other then just lie in a dark room.

strivin for more
03-03-09, 4:45 pm
i think for me being in high school, is the attention to the kids who are insanely thin and cut looking, but they dont do a thing in the gym. i know its not the animal "thing" to want some kind of reward in your work other than self-confidence, but when you bust youre ass day in and day out eating the same stuff and training youre balls off to do that and they skip breakfast and have a couple pop tarts for lunch and can look like that, it sort of slows me down sometimes.

Italianmuscle08
03-03-09, 4:55 pm
if i dip before i go to the gym i just wanna sleep lol

dannynb
03-03-09, 5:27 pm
My family........

I know a lot of us on here struggle with balancing family, lifting and work... just as I do. But trying to take my bodybuilding career as far as it will go takes a toll. I don't get to spend as much time with my family as other fathers do. I eat differently than my family, they have to put up with me when dieting down and not having a lot of energy. Some days I dread going to the gym wishing I was at home playing with my kids.... and when I'm at home playing with my kids I'm wishing I was at the gym. It's like having 2 loves in my life and it tears at me. I just do my best to find a balance. My kids love me and they love watching me compete. Last night I talked with Michelle and told her I was giving up bodybuilding because of the strain it puts on our lives. She became upset with me because she believes in me so much. My 7 year old daughter wanted to know what we were talking about and I told her I was quitting bodybuilding.... she got very quiet and asked me not to. So I laid in bed last night thinking and if it's that important to them just as it is to me... than I can't quit. I have to keep going, so I will. Training with House will help me refocus myself, I admire him because he has accomplished what I long for.... to be a pro and still be a family man. To me that is by far more impressive than any size or physical strength he may have. I will keep moving forward, pushing myself and competing.... if one day I go pro, great, if I don't well than fuck it, I gave it my all and that's the only thing we can do.

Peace.

dannynb
03-03-09, 6:06 pm
i think for me being in high school, is the attention to the kids who are insanely thin and cut looking, but they dont do a thing in the gym. i know its not the animal "thing" to want some kind of reward in your work other than self-confidence, but when you bust youre ass day in and day out eating the same stuff and training youre balls off to do that and they skip breakfast and have a couple pop tarts for lunch and can look like that, it sort of slows me down sometimes.

Patience grasshopper...just a little ways down the road their habits will catch up to them and so will yours.

k1usa
03-03-09, 6:14 pm
[QUOTE=dannynb;653743]My family........

I know a lot of us on here struggle with balancing family, lifting and work... just as I do. But trying to take my bodybuilding career as far as it will go takes a toll. I don't get to spend as much time with my family as other fathers do. I eat differently than my family, they have to put up with me when dieting down and not having a lot of energy. Some days I dread going to the gym wishing I was at home playing with my kids.... and when I'm at home playing with my kids I'm wishing I was at the gym. It's like having 2 loves in my life and it tears at me. ....................

WOW Danny....this hits the soft spot in my heart bro...I know the feeling...when Im with my son...5 years old...he loves to go to the kids club at the gym but when they are closed on weekends after 1pm and I have to hit the gym...its a hard time for me ...I love to be with him and he likes to see me train..but if anything...its my little guy tugging at my shirt saying...."dad...can we play with my cars and army men?""....I love to be an animal...love the lifestyle...but first and formost...Im a dad...and thats part of being animal....

prowrestler
03-03-09, 6:43 pm
waiting for training partners who are suposeto show yet dont.

i hate thinkin whether or not they'll show.

TheOak
03-03-09, 6:46 pm
Low energy levels and feeling like a cold is coming on. I lose so much strength and just want to get out of there because I feel like I am wasting my time and not growing.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-03-09, 6:50 pm
any physical pain, not aches.. put actual pain..

and if i get thrown out of my groove just even a bit, like a missed session (closed gym) i just kinda get outta the habbit quickly and its hard to get back into..

classes mess me up to, i keep odd hours and if i dont get enough sleep at night i will sleep AALLL DAY and when i finally get back up, my gym will either be closed or i wont have enough time to train..

B-rad89
03-03-09, 7:49 pm
My knees.

I can feel like total crap and will still train, but my knees... grrr.

I mean, yesterday doing bench I had to go crap my guts out twice, but still finished my sets.

jeff00z28
03-03-09, 7:55 pm
when ppl brag for being stronger than me but the only reason they got there was because of something they injected (doesn't apply to the people squatting 700+ raw or who would still be ridiculous w/o).

PrometheusCon
03-03-09, 8:04 pm
Mine was for a while the lack of a goal. I love fitness, but I never knew where I was going with it. I did boxing for about a year and a half, but I couldn't fit the iron in because of weight restrictions. So for all the work I put in the gym, I gained almost nothing. I was torn as to what I wanted to do, but I knew in my mind that the iron was always the thing I wanted to do. But as we all know, it can be a lonely road. When I was boxing, I met people... I made friends. I was able to lead the strength routine in the boxing club and make a whole bunch of wannabes find out what weak shit they were made of. (haha... I loved that) But still, the iron was tugging at me.

So right now I've decided to hold off boxing a try something new. (well old actually...) I'm going back to the iron and trying to gain a clean bulk. It's been a while, but I finally have a goal and it feels great. It's amazing how de-motivated I went to being totally pumped everyday to hit the gym.

Oh and I also don't like when dudes don't re-rack their weights. Pisses me off.

Alk
03-03-09, 9:03 pm
.Oh and I also don't like when dudes don't re-rack their weights. Pisses me off.

Most def. Pisses me off when the guys who use the largest dumbbells in the gym can't pick them up and rerack them. I'm only 145, not easy to move dumbbells over 90 to me back to the rack lol.

Used to have that problem until I stopped lifting with other people. Got sick of getting to the gym and waiting on people after I get loose and pumped. Pissed me off a TON.

For stuff I normally need spots for (mostly chest and shoulder stuff), I just work lighter weights on that sutff for some much-needed cuts (my chest in particular looks like a f!cking circus show) and a solid burn.

Personally, I hate when 1. the music in the gym is terrible/slow (Although today's Stevie Wonder was funny as hell to work out to) or when people stand around and talk for WAY too long after they finish their sets.

Dedicated2Liftin
03-03-09, 9:32 pm
Medical school....I live for the workout, but I've committed myself to another very time consuming path as well. As a result, I sometimes have to put those responsibilites first when my mind is yearning to crush the iron.

Angst
03-03-09, 10:07 pm
Medical school....I live for the workout, but I've committed myself to another very time consuming path as well. As a result, I sometimes have to put those responsibilites first when my mind is yearning to crush the iron.

I know how you feel bro, I'm thinking about enrolling to a MBA program this fall. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with focusing more on school, it sure as hell won't make you less of a man. Plus none of us is gonna be stuck in school forever, just remember everyday is a day closer to graduate, shit may be tough now, but if you keep at it its gonna come to an end someday, kinda like dieting for a show.

wesleyfootball36
03-03-09, 10:09 pm
def a de-motivator for me is getting in the gym and thinking about the shit ton of school work i need to do when i get out. I get so pumped up about lifting all day i cant read, study, or do any kind of school work before!

Carpe Diem P.T
03-03-09, 11:46 pm
I feel you so much on this. I get terrible migraines as well. I get them at least twice to three times a week. They are caused by the muscles in my neck being fucked up. I have gone to physio, and regularly get massages but one wrong neck move during shoulder day and I'm in for a migraine the next day. It fucks up my eating, and it gives me no motivation to do anything other then just lie in a dark room.

i know exactly how u feel. I have a compressed nerve in my spine so its the same shit for me. If i turn the wrong way on shrugs, im in pain for a good week.

I to have 3 kids. I say to them though 'do you want a fit healthy dad or a big fat dad that cant do anything with you'. That way they feel like they have something to do with it.

The flu is a nuisance too. it can last for weeks.

Everyone has there reasons not to go but we all fight through them. We should all be proud of ourselves i reckon. It takes a lot to do what we do, consistently

dannynb
03-03-09, 11:50 pm
Everyone has there reasons not to go but we all fight through them. We should all be proud of ourselves i reckon. It takes a lot to do what we do, consistently

Agreed

Firefist
03-04-09, 12:15 am
Lack of sleep. College will do it to you, not only do I use time wisely, go to tutoring sessions and never skip class, but sometimes, the work piles up and i am forced to stay up late,( kinda like now, ive been workin on midterms all day, takin a break!) to study. It sucks because i can definitely feel the difference in the workout the next day. even the pre-workout supp wont kick me into gear. its alright though, after this week, its the arnold followed by spring break, which is one full week of nothing but a motivated me, fresh from the arnold, in the gym wrecking havok.

getapump
03-04-09, 12:24 am
man i cant think of a de-motivator. im living such a blessed life right now, i mean all i have to do is go to school, do my homework and workout. ya sure i worked for the last year or so to get the money to do it, but school is my only responsibility presently. living such a life of ease i almost feel obligated to milk this for all its worth. there is no reason for me to be loathing the gym. none. whatsoever. if i ever start to there are a dozen places i can draw inspiration from off the top of my head that come from the things we see every day. barring a physical injury, im there and that shit is not up for debate. it is what i love to do, what ive always loved and will always love. you can talk yourself out of goin a million different ways, and look for as many excuses as you damn well please, and if your path leadsyou somewhere other than thegym that is fine, its not everyones cup of tea. but if you are serious about your fitness goals there is NO second guessing on whether or not youll train wheels today or tomorrow...

Carpe Diem P.T
03-04-09, 1:22 am
man i cant think of a de-motivator. im living such a blessed life right now, i mean all i have to do is go to school, do my homework and workout. ya sure i worked for the last year or so to get the money to do it, but school is my only responsibility presently. living such a life of ease i almost feel obligated to milk this for all its worth. there is no reason for me to be loathing the gym. none. whatsoever. if i ever start to there are a dozen places i can draw inspiration from off the top of my head that come from the things we see every day. barring a physical injury, im there and that shit is not up for debate. it is what i love to do, what ive always loved and will always love. you can talk yourself out of goin a million different ways, and look for as many excuses as you damn well please, and if your path leadsyou somewhere other than thegym that is fine, its not everyones cup of tea. but if you are serious about your fitness goals there is NO second guessing on whether or not youll train wheels today or tomorrow...

well said - its great that you realise you are in a blessed position right now. so many people let that pass them by as they are too busy searching for negatives that dont exist.

Standing_Guard
03-04-09, 11:22 am
I have to say arguing with your gf before hittin the gym your mind is cloudy and you energy has been tapped with useless banter

razo.
03-04-09, 5:22 pm
Girls constantly telling me that mucle is unatractive and asking me why the hell i would want to look like that.

This revelation seriously fucked me up mentaly. I bust my ass at the gym and in the kitchen in the hopes that i might someday look like the guys on the posters all over my house and bitches seem to have no fucking respect for the work and dedication it takes to reach that level of muscular development

maybe its just the generation i'm in. I only know one other kid that lifts ( i'm 16 btw )

Carpe Diem P.T
03-05-09, 12:10 am
Women can leave you completely brain fucked. Its the same as work though, you need to leave that shit in the office.

As far as what women want, I learnt the hard way that what they say they want and actually do want is two very different things.

getapump
03-05-09, 12:32 am
yo razo im gonna let u in on some of my personal experiences with girls. i should state thou, im no expert on women and dont claim to be. shit, i dont think any of us ever will. but here goes- for starters, in their eyes, the worse you look the better they look. they will never admit it, but its true. they become uncomfortable when they have to compete for physical attention. and most will say they dont like physiques heavily draped in muscle and blah fucking blah on and on. a while back i had a lean, semi muscular, very athletic physique, and all the girls i knew told me i looked great the way i was, i shouldnt train and eat to get bigger and whatnot. a shitload of heavy liftin, eating, and 40+ lbs of mass later these girls who told me i looked fine and wanted to be friends, were basically lined up around the corner begging me to go to bed with em. carpe makes a good point that what women say and want is alot of times 2 different things. and maybe it is. but if girls not liking you for getting bigger gives you pause consider this- the more my physique changes for the better the more attention i get- girls may not even initially know they want it- but subconsiously their instincts just might. maybe im way off base, who the fuck knows... who the fuck knows anything really...

dannynb
03-05-09, 2:11 am
As far as what women want, I learnt the hard way that what they say they want and actually do want is two very different things.

Amen brotha!!!

J Will
03-05-09, 2:23 am

i know what you mean, I got hooked on Copenhagen and man that stuff is good, but i hate how it affects me. Think this is my last can

rocky36
03-05-09, 3:16 am

really? I went to school with this one guy and he always put a big ass pinch in before he went to go lift and usally had it in for a good part of the work out and he said it gave him energy.. its weird how things can affect one person in one way and the other in the complete oppisite, but i suppose thats just life

Dingo
03-05-09, 10:11 am
My family........

I know a lot of us on here struggle with balancing family, lifting and work... just as I do. But trying to take my bodybuilding career as far as it will go takes a toll. I don't get to spend as much time with my family as other fathers do. I eat differently than my family, they have to put up with me when dieting down and not having a lot of energy. Some days I dread going to the gym wishing I was at home playing with my kids.... and when I'm at home playing with my kids I'm wishing I was at the gym. It's like having 2 loves in my life and it tears at me. I just do my best to find a balance. My kids love me and they love watching me compete. Last night I talked with Michelle and told her I was giving up bodybuilding because of the strain it puts on our lives. She became upset with me because she believes in me so much. My 7 year old daughter wanted to know what we were talking about and I told her I was quitting bodybuilding.... she got very quiet and asked me not to. So I laid in bed last night thinking and if it's that important to them just as it is to me... than I can't quit. I have to keep going, so I will. Training with House will help me refocus myself, I admire him because he has accomplished what I long for.... to be a pro and still be a family man. To me that is by far more impressive than any size or physical strength he may have. I will keep moving forward, pushing myself and competing.... if one day I go pro, great, if I don't well than fuck it, I gave it my all and that's the only thing we can do.

Peace.

I'm startin to know how this feels Dan, and Im not even thinkin of goin pro. Just with the wife bein 8months prego and wantin to be home with her, then when i am the flip flop of wantin to be in the gym. My wife too, wont let me quit, although my goals arent yours, she gets miffed if i miss a meal because of work or skip a workout to stay with her. I tell ya though its the best support system there is!

Its a paradox, my greatest motivator and my greatest de-motivator.
Ranking in at a close number 2 for losing motivation, headaches. I cant lift when my head is throbbing, normally 3 advil liquid-gels atleast 1.5 hours prior to going to the gym and im fine, if i catch it that early.

GJN5002
03-05-09, 10:56 am
de-motivator....injuries. Knowing that going balls out everyday could result in an injury sucks.

trissynashville
03-05-09, 2:21 pm

Fuuuuck I hear ya, bro. I'm in Med School atm and it just eats up all your time. Hard to find time to train, eat right, etc... Not to mention it's not easy on the bank account (leaving me very little $ to eat right/supp. with.) I thought I had it rough in the service due to the lack of healthy food OCONUS, but this is tougher. Ah well, if I can progress here I can progress anywhere, right?

andrewT
03-05-09, 4:13 pm
when my family says I eat too much!
Chest day... I love training everything except chest, because my right pec is a weak lil uneven fuckhole

Also my stomach. I have IBS and it acts up whenever it wants, it makes the probability of puking go through the roof! definitly not a good feeling

not seeing results in your muscles but seeing a bloated stomach is also a piss off!

and last but not least, GETTING SICK! my family always get sick ( i never do) then they give it to me! My stomach goes retarded, I get the works and eat next tonothing for a few days and lose up to 5-10 lbs of weight!

Bartles
03-05-09, 10:43 pm
when my family says I eat too much!
Chest day... I love training everything except chest, because my right pec is a weak lil uneven fuckhole

Also my stomach. I have IBS and it acts up whenever it wants, it makes the probability of puking go through the roof! definitly not a good feeling

not seeing results in your muscles but seeing a bloated stomach is also a piss off!

and last but not least, GETTING SICK! my family always get sick ( i never do) then they give it to me! My stomach goes retarded, I get the works and eat next tonothing for a few days and lose up to 5-10 lbs of weight!

2x here man, I avoid sick people like the plague. When i get sick as well, I can't lift/ no appetite, and end up loosing a ton of weight.

That and you feel like crap because your sick, and you can't lift, and then your just aggravated further.

BubbyLight
03-06-09, 10:22 am

i hate thinkin whether or not they'll show.

prowrestler. i def hear you on that brother. i have this partner that i lift with. hes always into cardio everyday and eats like shit but still stays cut...but im not to worried about it...every lift we do we have to take weight off for him...thats my lil boost of confidence. but the partner that doesnt give a shit just shows up whenever, wonders y he isnt getting bigger, and def doesnt pay attention to any advise i have to give him

hallde
03-07-09, 5:42 am
for me the biggest thing that demotivates me is one of the same things that motivate me, my future wife. I am getting married this summer and the love of my life(sometimes) makes me want to better myself anyway possible. However, sometimes she gets on me about how I do nothing as far as planning for the weddind and its always right as I'm getting ready to lift. I told her from the beggining, she is taking care of all the planning for the wedding and all I'm doing is showing up on the wedding day in a tux; that way if the wedding is not what she dreamed about it's not my fault. She however insists on ruining my life by showing me ribbons, colors, and crap I could care less about to get my opinion that she really doesn't want.

beingforthebenefit.
03-07-09, 12:28 pm

My de-motivator as well.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-07-09, 8:33 pm
for me the biggest thing that demotivates me is one of the same things that motivate me, my future wife. I am getting married this summer and the love of my life(sometimes) makes me want to better myself anyway possible. However, sometimes she gets on me about how I do nothing as far as planning for the weddind and its always right as I'm getting ready to lift. I told her from the beggining, she is taking care of all the planning for the wedding and all I'm doing is showing up on the wedding day in a tux; that way if the wedding is not what she dreamed about it's not my fault. She however insists on ruining my life by showing me ribbons, colors, and crap I could care less about to get my opinion that she really doesn't want.

shes playing on you because she knows you are at your weakest at that point.

I suggest you feign an interest, buy yourself some 'gym credits' -

Dingo
03-09-09, 10:44 am

next time she comes at you as your leaving to the gym, sit her down, and arrange a time that is best for both your schedules. Then put some good honest heart to heart decision making/opinions in about the wedding. either she will love it and ask for more help (which doesnt sound like you wanna do/lord knows i didnt) or she will be frustrated by you and not ask for any more input. Besides bro, your getting married, time to start learnin balance between family and iron. it aint easy.

hallde
03-09-09, 5:28 pm
Her thing is that I talk so much about lifting she thinks I care more about lifting than her and I think the nagging is to just remind me she's important too(which I know). I tell her I would give up lifting for her if I had to so I think she likes getting on me before my workout just to see if I will skip a workout. I moved one of my workouts back a day to look at tuxes and dresses with her, I felt that if I was there or not the same result would have been acheived. But thanks for your concerns, she knew I was into lifting when I met her and when I asked her to marry me.

dannynb
03-09-09, 5:40 pm
Her thing is that I talk so much about lifting she thinks I care more about lifting than her and I think the nagging is to just remind me she's important too(which I know). I tell her I would give up lifting for her if I had to so I think she likes getting on me before my workout just to see if I will skip a workout. I moved one of my workouts back a day to look at tuxes and dresses with her, I felt that if I was there or not the same result would have been acheived. But thanks for your concerns, she knew I was into lifting when I met her and when I asked her to marry me.

You will def have tofind a balance my friend. We do have a tendency to get so wrapped up in lifting that we lose sight of other importance in our lives. I to find myself talking to much about lifting and I have learned to tone it down a bit. You have to remember that not everyone wants to hear about lifting, supps and diet. I'm sure there are a million other things that you have interest in....keep a focus on ya'lls similarities and remember, you're getting married...it's no longer just about you any more. But it sounds like you two need to sit down and have a little talk and come to a compromise...she quits nagging so much about your workouts and you to find more time for her.

ironbound
03-09-09, 6:11 pm
Probably my dad calling me a "meathead" when I'm eating tuna and almonds in front of the TV or popping some M-Stack before heading to the gym. Unfortunately, I can't be like his pride and joy who's always out drinking and eating chicken wings. I didn't realize displaying dedication, determination and drive was a bad thing...

reconlife43
03-09-09, 6:58 pm
thing that pisses me off the most is after i get done my set of sqauts and turn around to see a packed gym of people just standing around bullsh!ting with eachother and not lifting a damn thing. PUT THE F@*K OUT OR GET THE F@*K OUT! But i dont know if i can call that a de -motivator because the rage fuels my body, it jus pisses me off.

Dingo
03-10-09, 12:18 am
You will def have tofind a balance my friend. We do have a tendency to get so wrapped up in lifting that we lose sight of other importance in our lives. I to find myself talking to much about lifting and I have learned to tone it down a bit. You have to remember that not everyone wants to hear about lifting, supps and diet. I'm sure there are a million other things that you have interest in....keep a focus on ya'lls similarities and remember, you're getting married...it's no longer just about you any more. But it sounds like you two need to sit down and have a little talk and come to a compromise...she quits nagging so much about your workouts and you to find more time for her.

especially when it comes time for jr, haha. man my first one is still about a month out from bein here, and already so much has changed. Most notably, i carry my cell phone in the gym now, just incase my wife has an emergency need for me. Not to mention all the other expenses that come into play. I'm completely overjoyed though!

Carpe Diem P.T
03-10-09, 6:43 am
Not to mention all the other expenses that come into play.
oh man dont get me started there. so many things they 'need' but will never use.

Alk
03-10-09, 8:43 am
oh man dont get me started there. so many things they 'need' but will never use.

If soap that cleaned soap was released on the market, they'd find a reason to need it.

...and I'd probably end up buying it for a girl anyways lol

Dockins
03-10-09, 8:53 am
last night i got to the gym later then i usually do on weeknights, i usually go right after school. i got there right at the busiest time i guess 7pm... when people get off work and such. its a great thing that so many are lifting and excercising but its just bothersome when i have a set order that i follow. o well, i adapted and just took my time and by the end of the workout i was one of the only ones left. i think im gonna stick with going right after school though, get there around 3

docks

Stan*RO
03-11-09, 9:39 am
my biggest demotivator is nice weather ... i hate sunny ,mellow, sleepy afternoons
...i think there should be a big black cloud above the gym that hangs out there all the time and as soon as i start pushin weight it starts to rain like there-s no tomorow...

Alk
03-11-09, 4:01 pm
my biggest demotivator is nice weather ... i hate sunny ,mellow, sleepy afternoons
...i think there should be a big black cloud above the gym that hangs out there all the time and as soon as i start pushin weight it starts to rain like there-s no tomorow...

I'm completely the opposite lol. Especially if it's a cardio day over the summer, I wanna get out and DO THINGS. Being able to ride your bike to the gym on a sunny day is an awesome feeling. Lifting weights in a hot, sunny gym has this amazing feel to it too

K Stro24
03-11-09, 10:27 pm
my de-motivators:
No trustworthy dedicated spotter so i cant "push" myself enough, had some kid chattin it up while he was tryin to spot me on bench
I get bad stomach pains usually in the morning so i dont wanna get up and lift as hard as i should some days

Stan*RO
03-12-09, 4:36 pm
I'm completely the opposite lol. Especially if it's a cardio day over the summer, I wanna get out and DO THINGS. Being able to ride your bike to the gym on a sunny day is an awesome feeling. Lifting weights in a hot, sunny gym has this amazing feel to it too

well sometimes i think i have a problem because i do strange stuff ... i remember once getting up in the middle of the night( about02:00 am) and running along the river bank for a-n hour and going back to bed and just not saing anything to anybody the next day.. even do they eventualy found out..

Italianmuscle08
03-12-09, 9:57 pm
there is no de-motivator for me. IMO you should be able to take any negative aspect of you gym, life, etc. and turn it into more of a reason to crush the weights even harder.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-14-09, 5:34 pm
Having something that demotivates you is natural and human. With out the horrible downs, there would be no incredible ups.

toobigfred
03-14-09, 11:18 pm
Leaving my son, when he is sick at home with mom, to go to the gym, I am a big worrier when it comes to my son. he doesnt get sick often, but it kills me to go and my workout usually suck cuz he is a daddys boy and wants me home when he is sick.

J-PILE
03-15-09, 12:51 am
Having something that demotivates you is natural and human. With out the horrible downs, there would be no incredible ups.

That's some heavy shit right there! Very true...

dedsqtbnch
03-15-09, 1:07 am
the only thing i need help on is bench and when my friend dosent want to come to help or wants to go to the other gym with another one of his friends it makes my bench day suck
but ive been getting to know the people in my gym pretty well so things are changing

WeeMan
03-15-09, 10:01 am
with me i get too tired after work. i usually come home and sleep for an hour before going out to the gym. but hate getting there and being to tired to train and then have to leave again.

ironbound
03-15-09, 10:07 am
with me i get too tired after work. i usually come home and sleep for an hour before going out to the gym. but hate getting there and being to tired to train and then have to leave again.
Yeah I hear you man. It can be tough getting into the gym if you've been sluggin' at work all day.

xMATT182x
03-16-09, 2:22 am
Having everyone else in your life non-motivational and not want to strive for anything greater then what they see in every day life. The again this is what defines us because we want more, we don't want to settle. We bend and mold the iron that is our body and core in order to adapt, evolve and emerge a new creature.

xMATT182x
03-16-09, 2:25 am

I've been in the same boat bro and it's not easy. I always feel like i'm a jackass for being excited about my workouts and always talking about it. It's hard and you don't need me to tell you that because you know. Hang in there man and work to find the balance.

Alk
03-16-09, 9:02 am
well sometimes i think i have a problem because i do strange stuff ... i remember once getting up in the middle of the night( about02:00 am) and running along the river bank for a-n hour and going back to bed and just not saing anything to anybody the next day.. even do they eventualy found out..

Holy crap dude. Sounds like something from VISION QUEST.

I get where you're coming from now I guess though. Plus the dreary, boring days usually mean less people out driving and being active, especially on weekends and Fridays. Last Friday in NJ was kinda overcast and lame, and my gym was almost empty when I walked in, sickest thing ever. I wouldn't want my 2 A.M. run to be sunny either tho haha.

Having everyone else in your life non-motivational and not want to strive for anything greater then what they see in every day life. The again this is what defines us because we want more, we don't want to settle. We bend and mold the iron that is our body and core in order to adapt, evolve and emerge a new creature.

Brother I've been seeing this more and more as I've progressed through high school. I've talked to beautiful girls who ruin their bodies with underage drinking and drugs. I know men who went from high school stars to nothing at all. I've known many many MANY people who left my school with regrets that they DIDN'T want more, that they DIDN'T put in all the effort they could have. So many people settle early on in life, when so many have potential to be truly great in their lifetime. We only live once, and I sure as hell don't plan on f!cking that up.

Everyone wants more out of life. What separates the people here from the outside world is that we're 1. Concentrating on lifting and 2. We don't bullsh!t and mess around with what we know, want to know more of, and have a passion unparalleled for.

Pantera52
03-21-09, 11:30 pm
Holy crap dude. Sounds like something from VISION QUEST.

I get where you're coming from now I guess though. Plus the dreary, boring days usually mean less people out driving and being active, especially on weekends and Fridays. Last Friday in NJ was kinda overcast and lame, and my gym was almost empty when I walked in, sickest thing ever. I wouldn't want my 2 A.M. run to be sunny either tho haha.

Brother I've been seeing this more and more as I've progressed through high school. I've talked to beautiful girls who ruin their bodies with underage drinking and drugs. I know men who went from high school stars to nothing at all. I've known many many MANY people who left my school with regrets that they DIDN'T want more, that they DIDN'T put in all the effort they could have. So many people settle early on in life, when so many have potential to be truly great in their lifetime. We only live once, and I sure as hell don't plan on f!cking that up.

Everyone wants more out of life. What separates the people here from the outside world is that we're 1. Concentrating on lifting and 2. We don't bullsh!t and mess around with what we know, want to know more of, and have a passion unparalleled for.

I cant agree with you anymore. I'm a senior in high school man, and it's hard as hell. I'm sytriving to be the best animal i can be as welll as being the best human being. Every fucking weekend there's parties and the temptation is there of course, but i stick to my training, because i know how hard i'm working and how getting bombed on weekends wont help me reach my goals, in fact it'll just ruin every fucking second i've spent in the gym. I've realized who my true friends are, due to them "ditching" me cause i wont fucking down all this booze and the drugs. I look at these chick's in my grade, and it's disgusting. Listenin to the stories about who did what and who got sick over the weekend makes me laugh. And when people ask what i did over the weekend i tell em these exact words. " while your runing your life boozin, I'm at the gym getting bigger, faster, stronger looking like a healthy fuck" hahaha they always get so mad, especially the guys who try to be everything their not. I jsut needed to vent haha it's hard as hell to be a senior and trying to be a animal, and reach my goals. Gotta stick to my guns, If i'm a loner in high school for the rest of this year so be it. I do everything in the gym alone anyway. Why do i need someone punk ass fucking kids to tell me how to live my life. Be good brothers.

xMATT182x
03-22-09, 2:31 am
I cant agree with you anymore. I'm a senior in high school man, and it's hard as hell. I'm sytriving to be the best animal i can be as welll as being the best human being. Every fucking weekend there's parties and the temptation is there of course, but i stick to my training, because i know how hard i'm working and how getting bombed on weekends wont help me reach my goals, in fact it'll just ruin every fucking second i've spent in the gym. I've realized who my true friends are, due to them "ditching" me cause i wont fucking down all this booze and the drugs. I look at these chick's in my grade, and it's disgusting. Listenin to the stories about who did what and who got sick over the weekend makes me laugh. And when people ask what i did over the weekend i tell em these exact words. " while your runing your life boozin, I'm at the gym getting bigger, faster, stronger looking like a healthy fuck" hahaha they always get so mad, especially the guys who try to be everything their not. I jsut needed to vent haha it's hard as hell to be a senior and trying to be a animal, and reach my goals. Gotta stick to my guns, If i'm a loner in high school for the rest of this year so be it. I do everything in the gym alone anyway. Why do i need someone punk ass fucking kids to tell me how to live my life. Be good brothers.

It's always good to vent bro and your on a good course. Your realizing at your age what most don't in their life times. Good job man,it takes balls to stand up and do what you want and know is best for you.

Pantera52
03-22-09, 11:31 am
It's always good to vent bro and your on a good course. Your realizing at your age what most don't in their life times. Good job man,it takes balls to stand up and do what you want and know is best for you.

Thanks brooda, It's hard but my goals are way more important then that bullshit. if lifting has done one thing for me it's made me into a better man, and matured me. I know i'm on the right path. Thanks again though man

V Man
03-24-09, 9:12 am

Hey man

Not trying to promote unhealthy lifestyles or anything, but why you are in your senior year, get out there and party. do crazy things every now and again. Have a beer. puke up over a naked chick, whatever.

I spent too much of my younger days working, studying and lifting weights, and although Im in good shape and am in a good job etc, I wish i'd had a bit more fun in my best years. Im only 25 - not exactly retirement age, I know! but im supposed to be a bit more well behaved than the average teenager so wild partying is a little unappropriate for me now.

Its all well and good working hard, but turning your friends down over and over again and never doing any fun stuff WILL come back to bite you ten years down the line. I never thought it would at the time, but this is what has happened to me

theharjmann
03-24-09, 9:50 am
Hey man
do crazy things every now and again. Have a beer. puke up over a naked chick, whatever.

hahaha....u can tell he's from the UK hahahaha. its true though......you can be as big as ever, it just isnt the same until you've puked over a hot naked girl. LOL

mritter3
03-24-09, 10:23 am
[QUOTE=dannynb;653743]My family........

you said it all there dannynb, i don't have kids yet but i am sure they are on the way soon, i cant imagine the struggle you go through day in and day out, but it is awesome that your family supports you 100% and gets what you want out of life, your right House has it all the family and the dream, that right there should motivate you bro, not saying everyone can do it, but knowing it can be done, that is pretty great, good luck with your career man, keep pushing and stay focused and i am sure you will go far. Good luck bro.

Alk
03-24-09, 10:54 am
Not trying to promote unhealthy lifestyles or anything, but why you are in your senior year, get out there and party. do crazy things every now and again. Have a beer. puke up over a naked chick, whatever.

I have nagging thoughts about my diet and my strength everytime people ask me to go get plastered...and I can't be the only young person that feels this way on occasion.

These things only show a corruption of society in general by people that aren't religious about their diet and exercise...getting to us. That's just my opinion. I don't need to do those things to be happy or to have fun. I've had to resolve disputes with friends who end up getting prejudged because they have sex with tons of people, or give people naked pictures (for whatever reason) and then those pictures get around school. Doesn't sound fun at all, but def crazy to me. So many movies f!cking GLORIFY certain acts like that tho, it's truly amazing (altho cigs/weed is ok imo, even tho I don't do them).

I'm not trying to be a f!cking square or a prick, but I like hanging out at a party, remembering what the f!ck happened, and going home knowing there's 100% chance that I didn't f!ck up my future, relationships, my reputation, or anything else that could go wrong in an altered state of mind.

People have their ways of having fun, and that's understandable. This is just not something I can say I agree with.

E-Train
03-24-09, 11:51 am
reading this post......i feel like im in the shitter now....

no but seriously i dont have one, i wearing hearing aids so if someones got shit to talk to me or if i dont wanna hear them i just pop em out...dont gotta listen to shit, then i just pop that ipod in and crank it to max volume........

Alk
03-24-09, 4:25 pm
i wearing hearing aids so if someones got shit to talk to me or if i dont wanna hear them i just pop em out...dont gotta listen to shit

Wow I wish I had that from time to time.

Minus the whole hard-of-hearing thing, that part must suck from time to time dude. Like, if I could switch AT WILL when I wanted to hear someone yammer on or not, that would be awesome.

Davey63
03-24-09, 4:50 pm
I hate when you finish all your sets and youre thinking abs now and im hittin the showers and there always someone who takes the declined bench to do their chest or all the dumbbells are being used and that and you try to do forearms or something to kill the time as not to be floatin around and theres people with the bench or dumbbells just talking bout how bombed they were the weekend and stuff and you just wait also when something shitty in your life happens like really shitty like losing someone or something I always miss a few days then

E-Train
03-24-09, 8:01 pm
Wow I wish I had that from time to time.

Minus the whole hard-of-hearing thing, that part must suck from time to time dude. Like, if I could switch AT WILL when I wanted to hear someone yammer on or not, that would be awesome.

nahh its all good i dont let shit stand in my way, if i take them out i can hear alittle so it sounds like talking but its not understandable so sometimes when people talk to me in the gym and it sounds funny to me i just laugh at them and they look like idiots.... so like if someone is waiting to get in the power rack and their like yo, you done? Ill just be like laughing at them and then when i leave it after a set, they miss their turn...

dannynb
03-24-09, 8:19 pm
you said it all there dannynb, i don't have kids yet but i am sure they are on the way soon, i cant imagine the struggle you go through day in and day out, but it is awesome that your family supports you 100% and gets what you want out of life, your right House has it all the family and the dream, that right there should motivate you bro, not saying everyone can do it, but knowing it can be done, that is pretty great, good luck with your career man, keep pushing and stay focused and i am sure you will go far. Good luck bro.

Thanks bro....it is hard but this is the path i have chosen. Honestly I look at other fathers and am jealous of watching them have more time with their little ones than I do...but in the end me and my kids have a great relationship, they know I;m there for them. Thye like seeing me lift and compete and looking at the drawing they make of me comparing me to Incredible Hulk....and listening to them talk to their friends about how I'm the strongest daddy in the world....makes me laugh. My family is a de-motivatin factor but at the same time one of the biggest motivations I have going for me.

belladiabla13
03-24-09, 9:08 pm
My family........

Peace.

I am a mom of 6. My kids range from 15 years old to 11 months old. Sometimes the stress of taking care of them motivates me to go (to get the hell away lol) and sometimes it makes its so hard I don't want to walk out the door. Imagine having to prepare all the meals they love, but not eating them. I'm Sicilian. My kids think spaghetti is a food group! We signed up to work out at the Y so the kids could come along and have things to do there. Its great for them but we work out with the biggest douche bags in the city of Columbus. It ranges from guys in $300 track suits trying to look important, but doing NOTHING to people literally allowing their 7 yr old children running through the weight room while you are trying to work out. I am trying really hard to channel all this stress into my lifts. Use it as ammo to kick some butt for myself. !!!

Alk
03-25-09, 12:14 am
It ranges from guys in $300 track suits trying to look important, but doing NOTHING to people literally allowing their 7 yr old children running through the weight room while you are trying to work out.

My gym has a sign that says "We don't like kids, don't bring yours" with a kid flat on the floor with a bar /w weights on it ontop of him lol. That Y needs something like that hahaha.

It's awesome that you're being a good parent and keeping your kids occupied while you lift...instead of doing what those people are doing. Plus you're a mother going to the gym! You find the time even with the responsibilities and commitments you have with your family, and that in itself is just incredible.

nahh its all good i dont let shit stand in my way, if i take them out i can hear alittle so it sounds like talking but its not understandable so sometimes when people talk to me in the gym and it sounds funny to me i just laugh at them and they look like idiots.... so like if someone is waiting to get in the power rack and their like yo, you done? Ill just be like laughing at them and then when i leave it after a set, they miss their turn...

O wow lol I'd refrain from doing that around the angrier members of your gym hah. Funny as hell though ahaha.

E-Train
03-25-09, 11:30 am
My gym has a sign that says "We don't like kids, don't bring yours" with a kid flat on the floor with a bar /w weights on it ontop of him lol. That Y needs something like that hahaha.

It's awesome that you're being a good parent and keeping your kids occupied while you lift...instead of doing what those people are doing. Plus you're a mother going to the gym! You find the time even with the responsibilities and commitments you have with your family, and that in itself is just incredible.

O wow lol I'd refrain from doing that around the angrier members of your gym hah. Funny as hell though ahaha.

I'm privileged at my gym, I know the owner so he lets me use whatever I want whenever I want....

Carpe Diem P.T
03-26-09, 1:38 am
Imagine walking in to the gym, so pumped and ready to kick ass and then you see your boss walking towards you, knowing he's going to whinge about the latest work place drama you some how made happen.

That is my de-motivator. Thats one of the shit things about working at a gym. If i could afford it i would work out some where else. Theres always someone that wants to ask me a question or if theres no staff around they will come ask me if i can work the counter for a minute so they can buy a protein shake or book in for an upcoming class.

The whole work out people are watching me too, Im supposed to be the professional so how ever i do everything should be the right way apparently. All that combined sucks my will to work out.

E-Train
03-26-09, 8:19 am
Imagine walking in to the gym, so pumped and ready to kick ass and then you see your boss walking towards you, knowing he's going to whinge about the latest work place drama you some how made happen.

That is my de-motivator. Thats one of the shit things about working at a gym. If i could afford it i would work out some where else. Theres always someone that wants to ask me a question or if theres no staff around they will come ask me if i can work the counter for a minute so they can buy a protein shake or book in for an upcoming class.

The whole work out people are watching me too, Im supposed to be the professional so how ever i do everything should be the right way apparently. All that combined sucks my will to work out.

Has happend to me a few times, I told my boss to cut the bullshit and get squatting, nonetheless it was leg day for me.....

V Man
03-26-09, 8:25 am
Not getting a pump....

I love those workouts where, after 5 minutes, you've got a good sweat on, you're pumped, you're jacked and you tear through the workout totally focused, feeling the muscles, controlling the weight etc.

Then you get the days were you just cant get blood into the muscles. The heavy weights feel to heavy and the lighter weights wont give you a good burn/stretch and the whole workout is just a chore.

hate it

dannynb
03-26-09, 10:24 am

I understand...PT'ing and managing a club myself...its hard cause people can't distinguish the fact that you are OFF work and lifting.

toobigfred
03-26-09, 11:36 am
Not getting a pump....

I love those workouts where, after 5 minutes, you've got a good sweat on, you're pumped, you're jacked and you tear through the workout totally focused, feeling the muscles, controlling the weight etc.

Then you get the days were you just cant get blood into the muscles. The heavy weights feel to heavy and the lighter weights wont give you a good burn/stretch and the whole workout is just a chore.

hate it

I really dislike workouts like that. I feel like I wasted my time when I am done after those. Really dejecting.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-26-09, 3:47 pm
I understand...PT'ing and managing a club myself...its hard cause people can't distinguish the fact that you are OFF work and lifting.

u would get bombarded dannynb. p.s the training journal is getting a solid work out. A few people have seen it around the gym and asked what it is and where they can get one ;)

dannynb
03-26-09, 5:54 pm
u would get bombarded dannynb. p.s the training journal is getting a solid work out. A few people have seen it around the gym and asked what it is and where they can get one ;)

Great to hear it..use it well my friend.

Nick101
03-27-09, 11:48 am
yo brothers, to my man who is a senior in high school and is constanly staying in instead of going to parties... two of my best friends since like 3rd grade started doing drugs freshmen year in highschool, personally i never had any type of interest in that shit so i always just kind of chilled and hung out while that crap was going on. i am still very good friends with them to this day, 7 years later and i still do not do that shit. what im trying to say is that u can be friends with a particular group but you dont have to fit the bill. all those guys i chill with are big into music and playin instruments and im the only one that lift and excersizes but we all get along great.

P.S. and bro, get out and experience some shit man, im def not telling you to get wasted out of your mind, or do drugs and shit, what im saying is that there is nothing wrong with going to a party and being the DD, or having one beer and just enjoying the entertainment of other people getting drunk.

ironbound
03-27-09, 12:13 pm
yo brothers, to my man who is a senior in high school and is constanly staying in instead of going to parties... two of my best friends since like 3rd grade started doing drugs freshmen year in highschool, personally i never had any type of interest in that shit so i always just kind of chilled and hung out while that crap was going on. i am still very good friends with them to this day, 7 years later and i still do not do that shit. what im trying to say is that u can be friends with a particular group but you dont have to fit the bill. all those guys i chill with are big into music and playin instruments and im the only one that lift and excersizes but we all get along great.

P.S. and bro, get out and experience some shit man, im def not telling you to get wasted out of your mind, or do drugs and shit, what im saying is that there is nothing wrong with going to a party and being the DD, or having one beer and just enjoying the entertainment of other people getting drunk.

Amen. All of my friends drink a LOT. I'll go to bars with them on a Saturday night and have the time of my life just watching them and others get drunk and act like idiots. I'll just make sure to run across the street and get a shawarma or something every now and then if I'm due for a feed. I only drink once every couple of months, and no one judges me for it. Not to mention, girls like the guys at the bar who aren't drooling and falling all over the place haha.