PDA

View Full Version : more bulking help

njxcorewrestling
03-03-09, 5:10 pm
hey guys i just got out of wrestling season, im 165 now and am trying to really pack it on in the offseason. My diet now looks like
Breakfast
2 1/4 cups oatmeal w/ 2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 scoop WPI
1 cup kashi
2 cup milk
orange juice
total- 1300 cal

lunch
tuna wrap
peanut butter sandwich
clif bar
750 cal

snack
1 cup oatmeal
milk, cinnamon, honey
sliced turkey

dinner
steak/pork/ chicken/ beef
2 cups rice
veggies

granola bars scattered thru out day

I take in about 3500 calories aday, 17 yrs old. any suggestions?

andrewT
03-05-09, 4:05 pm
I ain't no pro but

you should add some eggs at breakfast, I dunno what kashi is.

just by eyeing your diet it seems you need more protein overall. Cans of tuna and chicken (cheap and nasty) are your friend. if your gonna eat bars eat protein bars, or none at all imo. i would replace the bars with nuts (buy bulk cashews and peanuts etc unsalted tho) and eat that as a lil mix whenever your hungry.

beans are also cheap, good and give you some fibre to keep you regular. Also maybe some cottage cheese before bed.

also how much do you wiegh, how tall, what are your goals? your age? those would help

there are lots of bulk threads around here, you should be able to pick up some meal ideas.

calcaneous
03-05-09, 4:37 pm
more protein for breakfast man! and more protein over-all!

Imran
03-05-09, 4:45 pm
That diet wont help you go anywhere. You need to include 6 to 8 whole eggs in the morning as eggs are good mass builder. Secondly, your protein consumption is not enough. Baked potatoes should be part of your every day diet. You need plenty of carbs to bulk up. In addition, minced beef and weight gainer and protein shakes in between your meals, waking up in the morning and at night time will ensure adequate protein intake.
Remember this in mind, that if you are 165lbs and wanna go to 250 or even 200lbs; you will have to eat like a 200 or 250lbs man. Take protein from 1.5gms to 2gms per pound of bodyweight.
Hope this helps.

hardworkE
03-05-09, 5:02 pm
hey guys i just got out of wrestling season, im 165 now and am trying to really pack it on in the offseason. My diet now looks like
Breakfast
2 1/4 cups oatmeal w/ 2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 scoop WPI
1 cup kashi
2 cup milk
orange juice
total- 1300 cal

lunch
tuna wrap
peanut butter sandwich
clif bar
750 cal

snack
1 cup oatmeal
milk, cinnamon, honey
sliced turkey

dinner
steak/pork/ chicken/ beef
2 cups rice
veggies

granola bars scattered thru out day

I take in about 3500 calories aday, 17 yrs old. any suggestions?

Its all about eating man. No need to get too technical but you should throw in more protein from chicken, beef, turkey, and fish. Carbs looks pretty good. I'd try to just get two more meals in somehow.

Have a shake before you goto bed. 30-40 grams protein with a solid healthy fat like natty peanut butter. Not eating before you sleep is a huge mistake. That shake and one more meal throughout the day and you will be on your way. If you're not gaining weight, you are not eating enough. Plain and simple. If you're getting too fat, cut back on the carbs. Just gotta try and see what works

njxcorewrestling
03-05-09, 7:10 pm
thanks alot guys,
i know it might not look like much but my all that oatmeal is over 50 g protein. I have heard that some people dont count the protein they get in food unless it comes from meat, poultry, etc. Ex. then I would only count a 30 g protein breakfast b/c 20 of those grams comes from the oatmeal. This sound familiar at all? and btw, I am 5'9 165 17 yrs old

widdlewade44
03-05-09, 7:38 pm
Some solid advice has been posted here. The key to this is boring and simple: eat every 2-3 hours and get 5-8 meals in per day if you really want to add weight.

You're going to need a lot more calories then you've been taking in and even 3500 isn't much; you're coming off of wrestling season so I would think your metabolism is pretty high.

"The difference between the freaks and the flock is the fucking fork." -G Diesel and one of my other favorites: "Eat until the scale moves." -Tiny

Eating really is the key (provided your busting your ass on the weights). Good luck on your Journey, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

GUNJAK
03-05-09, 7:59 pm
thanks alot guys,
i know it might not look like much but my all that oatmeal is over 50 g protein. I have heard that some people dont count the protein they get in food unless it comes from meat, poultry, etc. Ex. then I would only count a 30 g protein breakfast b/c 20 of those grams comes from the oatmeal. This sound familiar at all? and btw, I am 5'9 165 17 yrs old

Protein is protein . Oatmeal is more of a carb than a protein source. It's good to have those carbs, maybe cut it to 1-1 1/2 C. Throw in some eggs or a meat for breakfast. I'm not a big egg fan, so I'll have ground turkey or ground sirloin in the morning. Throw some hot sauce or salsa on it and ya good to go. Try a weight gainer shake like Real Gains, 1 or 2 of those a day will help with the cals.

Giant Killer
03-05-09, 9:22 pm
spread that first meal out into 2 meals with more protein and I think you're set

theharjmann
03-06-09, 4:42 am
yeah bro,
listen to everyone with regards to the protein intake.
but remember: all these calories aint shit unless u are drinking at least a gallon of water a day.

hope it goes well and you get massive!