PDA

View Full Version : Derek Poundstone 555lbs Stone

IRBS
03-04-09, 9:45 am
Are you freaking kidding me........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqBIo55FcDU

He will be lifting at the Arnold. You guys going to the Arnold this weekend better be catching the strongman event. If you dont then you're a loser...hahaha

Seriously, the Strongman event at the Arnold is setting up to be one of the best head to head events of the year. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

C.Coronato
03-04-09, 10:07 am
WOW

ForearmFreak
03-04-09, 10:10 am
do you need tickets to get in? If you do how much and where do you get them?

wedge
03-04-09, 1:48 pm
Damn impressive. I've seen Poundstone get a lot of press lately. From what I've read and heard, he deserves it.

Cstlfx
03-04-09, 2:20 pm
Holy hell. Is there a competition that uses a stone that weighs that much? WSM only goes to 160 kilos.

Also, how do you make a stone that heavy? 20 inches of lead?

IRBS
03-04-09, 2:31 pm
Holy hell. Is there a competition that uses a stone that weighs that much? WSM only goes to 160 kilos.

Also, how do you make a stone that heavy? 20 inches of lead?

I think that particular stone has something like a 300lbs lead ball in the center

Young&Hungry
03-04-09, 11:09 pm
Yeah those type of stones have lead inserts, they still have some pretty unreal diameters though. Poundstone's stones are looking awesome this year, considering he shouldered the 405 stone, but his pressing is what's gonna win him the Arnold. I can guarentee after watching him manhandle the circus dumbbell in training (the one he uses in training is about 35 pounds heavier than the competition's implement) he will sweep that event and probably win the axle as well. With the training he's had lately (multiple 1000+ pound yokes and frame carries, 410 axle clean and presses, etc) expect nothing less than a show from Derek.

prowrestler
03-05-09, 1:36 pm
Yeah those type of stones have lead inserts, they still have some pretty unreal diameters though. Poundstone's stones are looking awesome this year, considering he shouldered the 405 stone, but his pressing is what's gonna win him the Arnold. I can guarentee after watching him manhandle the circus dumbbell in training (the one he uses in training is about 35 pounds heavier than the competition's implement) he will sweep that event and probably win the axle as well. With the training he's had lately (multiple 1000+ pound yokes and frame carries, 410 axle clean and presses, etc) expect nothing less than a show from Derek.

100% agreed. poundstone is gonna destroy the arnold. i hope he steals the spotlight from the bodybuilders too!

Elite
03-05-09, 2:29 pm
Anyone got the competitor list?
Zdrunas Savickas competing???

cstmgp
04-07-09, 8:36 pm
Here's his deadlift at the 09 Arnold, check out the animal shirt in the front row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGkvQMXsa0&feature=related

ironmankaz
05-17-09, 6:11 pm
where do you find a gym that has those stones. what the hell

Ironjaw
07-20-09, 11:56 pm
Wow just WOW ..... dudes sick ..... I say we recruit him right now.... dont think just do it... lol

Cstlfx
07-21-09, 12:12 am
Wow just WOW ..... dudes sick ..... I say we recruit him right now.... dont think just do it... lol

Someone else posted a video of him doing a continental lift and he was wearing a "Shut up and Train" Animal T.

Ironjaw
07-21-09, 12:26 am
Someone else posted a video of him doing a continental lift and he was wearing a "Shut up and Train" Animal T.

see ???? its like he's asking us to get him in lol