PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Tips

Tomsim4212
03-04-09, 1:14 pm
I just started lifting seriously about two months ago. Im around 150 and i could use some tips on routines to get a better work out..

RK
03-04-09, 1:17 pm
Here's a link to 9 diff splits. I'm sure you could find one that works for you. They are ranked by lifting maturity.
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=41&section=training%0A

prowrestler
03-04-09, 3:00 pm
I just started lifting seriously about two months ago. Im around 150 and i could use some tips on routines to get a better work out..

what are your goals?

shizz702
03-04-09, 5:21 pm
The best program you can start out with period: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

cstmgp
03-04-09, 5:33 pm
I like a good pull/push/legs routine. In fact I'm currently using this method with good results.
Shaun

homefitnesseexpert
03-04-09, 6:39 pm
Depends on what your goals are. If you want to bulk up then mostly lifting weights is what you want to do. Not much cardio. Take at least 2-3 days off per week to let your muscles recuperate. If you don't get the rest they wont grow. Also, stick to a high protein low carb diet.

Your question was very vague so it is hard to answer specifically.

cstmgp
03-04-09, 6:47 pm
LOL, just realized who u are, guess I should pay more attention to the name of the poster.
Shaun

Tomsim4212
03-06-09, 4:20 pm
My goal is to bulk up a little like 20 or so pounds but still keep a cut looking muscle

Feel The Power
03-06-09, 8:12 pm
I like the 4 day split, but it depends on what you like. I work alot so it does well with my schedule. My split looks like this and I train early in the AM. Its based on personal preference and if I usually do 30 mins or so of cardio after my lifting. My favorite time to train is around noon, but I am always at work now a days so had to switch it up.

Tuesday: Shoulders/Triceps.
Thursday: Back/Hams/Abs.
Friday: Chest/Biceps.
Sunday: Quads/Calves/Abs.

Best advice I would give you is to find one of the splits you like on the animal training section, eat consistent (3 meals and 2 snacks a day minimum), and get enough sleep at night. As long as you are consistent with eating, training, and rest you should notice gains since you are just starting out.

shizz702
03-06-09, 9:33 pm
My goal is to bulk up a little like 20 or so pounds but still keep a cut looking muscle

Do the routine I posted, it will easily put on 20 lbs of muscular bodyweight on your frame within a few months.

homefitnesseexpert
06-11-09, 7:00 pm
Better check on your diet also, you have got to get the right kind and the right amount of calorie intake.

Young&Hungry
06-11-09, 11:09 pm
Do the routine I posted, it will easily put on 20 lbs of muscular bodyweight on your frame within a few months.

Shizz is not a liar. Nothing works better than 5x5 for beginners. I have been lifting for nearly 4 years now and I still to this day regret not starting out on this program.