PDA

View Full Version : Figuring fat

CreatineAD
03-04-09, 8:16 pm
Need Help figuring out how much fat to take in on my bulk. Im eating 3000 calories, and currently am taking in 46g fat daily. How much should I increase by? Should I worry about the amount of fat I consume?

Bartles
03-04-09, 9:28 pm
46g fat = 414 cal = ~14% of your daily cals.
1g fat = 9cal.
I'd assume you're fine bud. With a bulk, If I notice I'm adding on some not so clean mass, then I'll add 20m of cardio after I lift for a few weeks. I don't like to cut down on what I'm eating, but I'll do some light cardio to keep it mostly lean.

Iron58
03-04-09, 9:32 pm
Need Help figuring out how much fat to take in on my bulk. Im eating 3000 calories, and currently am taking in 46g fat daily. How much should I increase by? Should I worry about the amount of fat I consume?

Studies have shown that dropping fat below 15% of total cals can materially decrease your testosterone levels, and that going above 30% can be counterproductive from a serum test standpoint. 20% is solid, so at 3000 cals I'd set your fat at 65-70 grams.

Bartles
03-04-09, 9:40 pm
Studies have shown that dropping fat below 15% of total cals can materially decrease your testosterone levels, and that going above 30% can be counterproductive from a serum test standpoint. 20% is solid, so at 3000 cals I'd set your fat at 65-70 grams.

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/how-to-raise-your-testosterone-levels.html
Article here about Fat and other things that effect Test levels.

NJC_Manhattan
03-04-09, 9:47 pm

Great post

CreatineAD
03-04-09, 10:24 pm
46g fat = 414 cal = ~14% of your daily cals.
1g fat = 9cal.
I'd assume you're fine bud. With a bulk, If I notice I'm adding on some not so clean mass, then I'll add 20m of cardio after I lift for a few weeks. I don't like to cut down on what I'm eating, but I'll do some light cardio to keep it mostly lean.

thanks dudes!
Should I slowly work my way to 70 grams so that execess is stored immedately? I had no clue that low amount of fat can alter test levels.

Bartles
03-04-09, 10:28 pm
thanks dudes!
Should I slowly work my way to 70 grams so that execess is stored immedately? I had no clue that low amount of fat can alter test levels.

Just eat more fat bro, don't worry about slowly working your way up. Maby just add 2tbs of pb into your shakes :P Or Make a PB sandwich, or eat some almonds through out the day. Almonds in my salad at lunch are hella good.

On Letting Go
03-05-09, 7:13 am
Great info in that linked article. Healthy fats are essential to recovery/test production/growth.

OLG

GJN5002
03-05-09, 10:49 am
Just eat more fat bro, don't worry about slowly working your way up. Maby just add 2tbs of pb into your shakes :P Or Make a PB sandwich, or eat some almonds through out the day. Almonds in my salad at lunch are hella good.

x2 dont worry about slowly increasing. the idea that fat makes you fat needs to die. Im bulking and taking in 70-80g of fat.