PDA

View Full Version : forearms

DilleGomez
03-04-09, 8:57 pm
yo i got a question so i figured ide pt it up here. whenever i do a bicep workout like an ez curl or a stright bar curl i get this painful feeling in my forearms. kinda like shin splints but my forearms. so lately ive just been doin single arm db curls. i would like to be able to do straight bar curls again tbut the pain just sucks.

does anyone else get this?
should i just suck it up and train or is there a problem? please help me out

71bbo455
03-04-09, 9:45 pm
Whenever I do straight bar curls I sometimes get the same feeling. It's almost like it doesn't bother me all that much while I'm doing them, but when I stop and put the bar down it's horrible. I pretty much stayed away from them for a while and did dumbells, cables, and preachers. I never found out exactly what it is but I have a dr. appt next Monday and I'll ask then and repost.

DilleGomez
03-04-09, 10:16 pm
Whenever I do straight bar curls I sometimes get the same feeling. It's almost like it doesn't bother me all that much while I'm doing them, but when I stop and put the bar down it's horrible. I pretty much stayed away from them for a while and did dumbells, cables, and preachers. I never found out exactly what it is but I have a dr. appt next Monday and I'll ask then and repost.

ya man the same for me. im fine during the lift then i set the weight down and it just kills!

SDR
03-04-09, 11:08 pm
I got this shit real bad in my first few months of training, heres a few things you can try that may help in time....

a) your forearm extensors, flexors aren't strong enough....do some grip work, forearm specific work..

b) pre exhaust biceps with incline curls , then do your straight/ez barbell curls, strict form.

c) warm up really well

d)strengthen the forearms with barbell wrist curls at the end of your workout.

e) ice the area afterwards for 10 mins.

AFTazz06
03-04-09, 11:11 pm
Make sure your palms are straight(flat) and not curled, curling them will incorporate your forearms while training bi's.

DilleGomez
03-04-09, 11:41 pm
I got this shit real bad in my first few months of training, heres a few things you can try that may help in time....

a) your forearm extensors, flexors aren't strong enough....do some grip work, forearm specific work..

b) pre exhaust biceps with incline curls , then do your straight/ez barbell curls, strict form.

c) warm up really well

i pretty much do all of that except the icing. i do reverse curl,wrist curls in both directions. idk maby i should just warm up better

Jonisocool
03-04-09, 11:59 pm

c) warm up really well

Never had forearm pains ever from curls, but I already do a lot of what SDR mentioned.

a)grip work
c)warmups(i dont know why, but I do cuban presses and arm circles always first thing I walk into a gym on any upper body day)
d)used to do barbell wrist curls at the end of every other workout(behind the back, bench supported)
e)ice

Cant say that these have been whats preventing me from having wrist problems, but I have been following it to an extent for for atleast the past 3-4 years, and havent noticed any forearm problems so long ;d

prowrestler
03-05-09, 1:25 am
yo i got a question so i figured ide pt it up here. whenever i do a bicep workout like an ez curl or a stright bar curl i get this painful feeling in my forearms. kinda like shin splints but my forearms. so lately ive just been doin single arm db curls. i would like to be able to do straight bar curls again tbut the pain just sucks.

does anyone else get this?
should i just suck it up and train or is there a problem? please help me out

train pain free bud, its gonna pay off in the long run

DilleGomez
03-05-09, 9:28 am
thanks everyone for helpin me out. maby now i can finally get rid of this pain

CMChristich
03-10-09, 12:32 am
Its over inflammation of your ligaments. I assume your using heavier weights. Warm up better, keep area WARM. Do not ICE because the inflammation is already making your ligaments stiff. I've had this problem before. Animal Flex is taking care of it for me. If you are going to the doctor get some Motrin, Naproxine, or even ibprofin will help. Drink more water.

DilleGomez
03-10-09, 1:13 am
Its over inflammation of your ligaments. I assume your using heavier weights. Warm up better, keep area WARM. Do not ICE because the inflammation is already making your ligaments stiff. I've had this problem before. Animal Flex is taking care of it for me. If you are going to the doctor get some Motrin, Naproxine, or even ibprofin will help. Drink more water.

thanks ill keep that in mind