PDA

View Full Version : High reps for legs...

billmd1334
03-05-09, 7:49 pm
I've been thinking about using some higher reps for legs for the next few weeks... thinking in the 12-15 range. Just wondering if anyone uses high reps for legs, and if so what's the pros/cons to it?

wedge
03-05-09, 8:13 pm
For the last few months, before I switched up my program this week, I did a heavy weight/low rep week followed by light weight/high rep week. I got some good gains from this and my legs always felt like they had a spring in them with the switching. Keep your muscles guessing and switch it up from time to time.

TigerAce01
03-05-09, 8:18 pm
I use above 15 reps on every set for every leg exercise other than squats, and even on squats, I occasionally do more than 15 reps. Just use what works for your body, it takes a while to figure it out, I still don't have an exact formula down yet.

-Ace

pmug0000
03-05-09, 11:15 pm
I always pyramid up and down so I'll start with about 12 reps of any given exercise with light weight, work up to a heavy 1-3 rep max, and then work my way back down to higher rep sets. I've gone as high as 50+ reps with both squats and leg press and it gives me a pump like nobody's business.

shizz702
03-05-09, 11:17 pm
Yea I think it's best to do like p mentioned, work your way up to a top set of 1-5 reps, and than hit a moderate weight back off with 10+ reps, that way not only will you stimulate strength gains, but you also stimulate hypertrophy as well. By doing both you can't lose.

dyskee
03-06-09, 12:22 pm
try 20-30 reps on leg presses and squats , ur legs will grow like weed and i dunno if it'll happen for you or not but for me my legs get really cut that way

GJN5002
03-06-09, 12:33 pm
I do high reps for legs because of some knee/cartlidge problems. I think thrown in every once in a while they are great but Ive been doing high rep for a few months now and Im not seeing nearly the gains I was before my injury.