PDA

View Full Version : Starting a cutting routine.

xwarishellx
03-07-09, 12:59 pm
Hey everyone,

just came off a cycle of m-stak and bulking up. I went from 162 to 170 and absolutely feel a whole hell of a lot stronger.

I'm diving right into cutting to get rid of some of the water weight and such. any pointers?

My current work out routine is workout 5 days a week and on 2 days i work out twice a day due to in the morning i have jui jitsu and in the afternoon i go to the gym. I lift for about 1- 1 1/2 hours and about 1/2 - 3/4 of a hour for cardio.

as far as my diet goes im coming off a bulking diet so i expect that i'm going to need to change things up a bit. and im aware of the amount of water im going to need to drink...

i just started the cycle of cuts 2 days ago. so any pointers would be awesome

thanks for all the help

Tron
03-08-09, 12:52 am
Shorter, more intense lifts.... try to do the cardio in two sets of work... six or more meals a day that are evenly placed (I eat every 2 hours). Carb cycling is a personal recommendation, but there are other dieting techniques... basically keep your protein intake very high (about 2 grams per body weight would really really help) and keep your caloric intake low to get a caloric defecit... Get plenty of sleep... You could also search on here for cutting stuff... it'd give you a lot more in depth detail. I'm starting a new cut this Monday.

jonschmid
03-08-09, 1:33 am
Hey man,

You have a pretty full schedule as it is there. I would think that with your cardio and jitsu, cutting would be a cince for ya. When i cut, i only get results with some sort of circut training. With that I get my cardio, calories burned, and still maintain some of that hard earned muscle. Diet wise, I keep the protein way up there with each 6 meals and cut out the carbs by noon.

Good luck

xwarishellx
05-17-09, 12:04 pm
so its been a while since i posted here. been hectic with work and weights.

figured i'd give you guys an update to show even little guys can pull their own.

i started in feb. @ 166lbs standing 5'6. my max bench was at the most 145. <--sad

i started an m-stak round - i gained 8 pounds in that cycle. my max bench went up to around 185 and i was weighing in around 174-176lbs.

right after that i did a cycle of cuts and dropped to around 168 and my bench didn't move stayed around the same.

That put me in mid april and i was not feeling great about things. So my solution I hit the gym everyday and killed myself everyday i was there.

That brings us to today.

I'm currently 164lbs still 5'6 obviously. i just got home from the gym and I hit 225 bench for 4 reps. right after killing my chest and doing a full cylce of chest exersises, hit the bike for about 20 minutes logging about 6 miles.

my goal is to hit 265 bench for 2-4 by june.

thanks everyone for all the help. its pulled me through the shitty sections of my workouts