PDA

View Full Version : Waxy Maize

cogz
03-09-09, 12:45 am
Need some thoughts on this i love the stuff post workout, but i am trying to stay low carb, following the Anabolic Diet. i am only taking 30 grams post workout and those are the only carbs that i eat during the week, the weight has been coming off but has plateaued the last few weeks, do you think the waxy maize is holding me back? need some opinions

IronWilson
03-09-09, 1:44 am
I don't really know a whole lot about the Anabolic diet, but if the only carbs you are taking in come from Waxy Maize, it's a problem. If you want your carbs post-workout, go with oats or something like that. I know the idea of taking in slow burning carbs post-workout is one everyone may not like, but you still will gain muscle or lose fat doing it. Experiment a little with it, it won't hurt any.

Whatever you do, Waxy Maize cannot be your sole source of carbs. Good luck breaking that plateau dude.

theharjmann
03-09-09, 6:56 am
Need some thoughts on this i love the stuff post workout, but i am trying to stay low carb, following the Anabolic Diet. i am only taking 30 grams post workout and those are the only carbs that i eat during the week, the weight has been coming off but has plateaued the last few weeks, do you think the waxy maize is holding me back? need some opinions

bro
the keto diet is fat ONLY. The only carbs that get should be the ones that naturally occur in broccoli, natty PB, steak etc.

If you are taking in waxy maize/oats PW you are not on the anabolic diet.

Take whey and PB.

adidas
03-09-09, 10:14 am
bro
the keto diet is fat ONLY. The only carbs that get should be the ones that naturally occur in broccoli, natty PB, steak etc.

Take whey and PB.

there is more than one way to skin a cat...and Ironically more than one way to Keto.

you can take in carbs (upto and including a 100g ED/minus fiber) and still be on a keto diet.

and the anabolic diet is just another method to madness of a keto-type diet.

there could be numerous other factors as to why he is not loosing wt right now other than 30g of WM on work out days.

like what does his diet concist of on a daily basis? roughly.
how often does he work out?
what is his caloric intake?
how much fat, protein, carb and fiber is he getting.
how heavy was he, and how heavy is he now?
how long has he been on the diet?

Maiden69
03-09-09, 2:12 pm
I don't really know a whole lot about the Anabolic diet, but if the only carbs you are taking in come from Waxy Maize, it's a problem. If you want your carbs post-workout, go with oats or something like that. I know the idea of taking in slow burning carbs post-workout is one everyone may not like, but you still will gain muscle or lose fat doing it. Experiment a little with it, it won't hurt any.

Whatever you do, Waxy Maize cannot be your sole source of carbs. Good luck breaking that plateau dude.

Waxi maize will be great on the AD, as long as you don't go above your daily allowance, in my case I can go up to 100g a day on the AD with no problem, as of now, my only carbs are coming from Torrent/Shock Therapy and Intra-Aid.

bro

Take whey and PB.

Read the OP, he is not doing Keto. There is a big difference between both. On the AD you are allowed carbs, of any source as long as you keep them low enough. On the AD you hoover on ketosis. Your carb ups last a day or 2 depending on your sensitivity to them.

I got both books on PDF, just PM me your e-mail if you want them.

GJN5002
03-09-09, 6:15 pm
bro

Take whey and PB.

you need to read up on AD

I dont eat PB or fat immediately post workout on AD or keto.

as mentioned you can go up to 100g of carbs on AD. The goal is not ketosis. If youre going to do the 30 carbs after workout I would only do a one day carb up. I think at some point it would be wise to cut all carbs except for carb up days.

but yes, WMS would be a fine source