PDA

View Full Version : Torrent

Senny
03-09-09, 7:37 am
Alright got a quick question.

I take Torrent as my PWO shake, usually my workouts are weight based with cardio after. What I would like to know is if I do a cardio only day, should I be taking Torrent on the cardio only day as well as the other training days, or only take it on days where I am weight training?

I have searched the forums and read through Big Ants torrent thread but couldn't see any answers to cardio only days and torrent.

Cheers for the help. :)

On Letting Go
03-09-09, 7:47 am
Its still beneficial to have a pwo shake after cardio. Your muscles will be in need of nutrients to kick start the recovery process and prevent catabolism.

Senny
03-09-09, 8:33 am
Cool. Was just wondering really. I could possibly take a regular WPI shake after cardio and save the torrent for after weight training sessions when it would be in more demand.

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 11:04 am
Torrent is based on the science which has looked at lifters. That said, there is a lot of overlap between lifting and cardio. So long story short, if ya can afford it, give it a shot...

SupremeMentality
03-10-09, 12:59 am
I prefer to use EAA Nitro after my cardio workouts and save the Torrent for after my weight training sessions.

Senny
03-10-09, 7:53 am
I will find a way to afford it if it is the best course for me. :)

I'll look into EAA Nitro because it sounds like it is pretty close to Torrent in what it does but doesn't cost as much. Could switch up Torrent and EAA between weight/cardio days.

Cheers guys.

mritter3
03-10-09, 8:20 am
eaa nitro and torrent are pretty different.....eaa nitro will flood your system with amino acids and torrent will too but torrent also has protein, and carbs and is made with waixy maize starch, to help with the absorption of it. i would stick to torrent post weights, and eaa nitro post cardio. good luck man.

Pizzalamp
03-10-09, 8:53 am
i would say if youre just doing cardio-eat your next meal after, no torrent...and save the torrent for when u do weights and cardio

Aggression
03-10-09, 2:47 pm
I would hold off on the Torrent on 'cardio-only' days. I would pop BCAA's both pre and post cardio. Then shower up and have a legit meal.

Senny
03-12-09, 10:30 am
Cheers for the replies guys. I am most likely going to continue taking Torrent after a weight/cardio session and then take EEA Nitro when doing a cardio only day. Again, thanks for the replies.