PDA

View Full Version : What'd We Miss?

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 9:28 am
For all of us not in attendance... Who are gonna live the '09 Cage through the fellas who went.... I'm sure many if not all of you have pics or vids or memories. So my question to you who went to The Cage is simple. If there is one single memory or story that stands out from this past weekend, what was it? If you could boil down The Cage to its essence, what would you say?

For a summary of the show: http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=426

Flash419
03-09-09, 10:53 am
AWESOME!

Too many good memories to pick just one. If I had to get it down to one thought I would say.. it wasn't disappointing. Most big events never quite live up to what you imagine in your mind. The cage was great, something going on all the time. The Box was a great idea.. I really have no idea how I would have managed to put up with the crazy crowds on Saturday without having a place to get out of the madness and sit down and relax for a minute. The free shaker and endless supply of drinks to try was a GREAT idea. The BLACKOUT was very cool too, I don't remember walking anywhere in that expo I didn't see an Animal shirt.

Other great memories include... Seeing Vinny and the entire cage during the Blackout on Saturday STOP.. because Arnold walked by. The man is almost a God in the Bodybuilding world. The workouts at Metro Fitness were great too. That gym on Friday night was as packed as I have ever seen any gym, anywhere, EVER. The place must have been way over 100 degrees from bodyheat alone. Every machine, every bench had at least 3 or 4 people on it.... CRAZY!

The Animal ABC event on Saturday was great. The gym was OURS... Animals, and ONLY Animals everywhere. I hooked up with HOUSE and worked arms. My triceps are STILL killing me. LOL After, everyone seemed to wander over to Max's and Erma's for food.. apperently there was a problem with all of us just seating ourselves together... but it all worked out in the end.

Lots of pics taken everywhere... and I'll have my wife get mine up. SOON!

Thanks Universal / Animal for the Cage, the Box, and the ABC. AWESOME EVENT!

ANIMAL FOR LIFE!

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 1:34 pm
AWESOME!

Too many good memories to pick just one. If I had to get it down to one thought I would say.. it wasn't disappointing. Most big events never quite live up to what you imagine in your mind. The cage was great, something going on all the time. The Box was a great idea.. I really have no idea how I would have managed to put up with the crazy crowds on Saturday without having a place to get out of the madness and sit down and relax for a minute. The free shaker and endless supply of drinks to try was a GREAT idea. The BLACKOUT was very cool too, I don't remember walking anywhere in that expo I didn't see an Animal shirt.

Other great memories include... Seeing Vinny and the entire cage during the Blackout on Saturday STOP.. because Arnold walked by. The man is almost a God in the Bodybuilding world. The workouts at Metro Fitness were great too. That gym on Friday night was as packed as I have ever seen any gym, anywhere, EVER. The place must have been way over 100 degrees from bodyheat alone. Every machine, every bench had at least 3 or 4 people on it.... CRAZY!

The Animal ABC event on Saturday was great. The gym was OURS... Animals, and ONLY Animals everywhere. I hooked up with HOUSE and worked arms. My triceps are STILL killing me. LOL After, everyone seemed to wander over to Max's and Erma's for food.. apperently there was a problem with all of us just seating ourselves together... but it all worked out in the end.

Lots of pics taken everywhere... and I'll have my wife get mine up. SOON!

Thanks Universal / Animal for the Cage, the Box, and the ABC. AWESOME EVENT!

ANIMAL FOR LIFE!

Solid. I know what it's like to have high expectations and to have 'em be dashed. Glad The Cage measured up...

Firedrake
03-09-09, 1:37 pm
. . . It more than measured up. It was freakin' crazy all weekend. I wandered around to the other booths, but the Cage was definitely homebase. I'd wandered down to Metro Fitness on Thursday night, before things started, to work out the kinks from being jammed into a coach seat on my flight, and found a whole Animal crew also working out -- so I got to lift with other Animals three nights running (and my body is telling me about it . . .)!

I guess we couldn't keep up that level of intensity for long, but damn it feels weird to come down.

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 1:38 pm
. . . It more than measured up. It was freakin' crazy all weekend. I wandered around to the other booths, but the Cage was definitely homebase. I'd wandered down to Metro Fitness on Thursday night, before things started, to work out the kinks from being jammed into a coach seat on my flight, and found a whole Animal crew also working out -- so I got to lift with other Animals three nights running (and my body is telling me about it . . .)!

I guess we couldn't keep up that level of intensity for long, but damn it feels weird to come down.

Talk it. Live it. Be it.

Wreck
03-10-09, 2:49 pm
after spending most of my time at the cage, the rest of the expo (besides the mens BB finals) was almost boring ha. the cage was the best booth by far and had the most loyal followers. the coolest thing i think was watching the pros looking up to arnold walking by like he was god the same way i look up to the pros in the cage.

sanga
03-13-09, 7:55 am
Too many memories, so many people that I finally got to put a face to forum name.

One of the best weekends I can remember, so many things going on,The Cage, The ABC on Saturday night, training with Vinny, such an excellent weekend.

The Cage was all and more than I expected, everyone was having a great time.

Looking forward to next years now.

mhammer12
03-27-09, 8:42 pm
This year was my first to the expo and it did not disappoint! My buddy latimer316 has been to the last two and has told me all about it and I was still blown away. The cage is the only place that lets you get down and dirty with the pros and the other bros on here. I'll admit I paid the 10 bucks to get an autograph from Frank Zane and big Lou but in the cage you're able to shoot the shit with all the pros and get a free picture and autograph unlike every other booth. I would say that you guys hit it right on the head and missed absolutely nothing.

mhammer12
03-27-09, 8:44 pm
Too many memories, so many people that I finally got to put a face to forum name.

One of the best weekends I can remember, so many things going on,The Cage, The ABC on Saturday night, training with Vinny, such an excellent weekend.

The Cage was all and more than I expected, everyone was having a great time.

Looking forward to next years now.

You're a true Animal making that long trip to hang with all the bros in the cage Sanga!

trainer89
03-28-09, 11:10 pm
The Cage 2010 isnt coming fast enough. It will be my first time :)

InkdMuscle
04-01-09, 2:22 pm
I would say the best thing was meeting my extended family. I have made some great friends on the forvm some close some far. So it was finally nice to shake the hands and hug some(of course the women) of all that encouraged me and pushed me beyond the norm. Also Naturalguy was the first to greet me at the cage. He said “yeah you must be InkdMuscle, you’re the only dude whos that big with that many tats”. That shit was funny. But it was like I was catching up with a brother who had just been gone on a long vacation. Then the pro’s were so down to earth and humble(like we didn’t already know that right). I mean come on. what other booth has their pro’s mingling with the common folk. Not to mention come up to you and say hi and shoot the shit with out charging you. Ox,Wrath, House, Freak, and all the others were awesome. Giving priceless advice and tips away because they knew how much it meant to all of us. Taking pics after pics to all the fans who look’d up to them. The whole feeling of the cage was like a big ass family reunion. It didn’t matter how much the crowd roar’d over at the other booths for free shit. Everyone always came back to the cage because that’s where they would find the non bullshit down to earth lifestyle. As I spent most of my time in the box enjoying the goods and watching the lifts and lectures. I don’t think I can remember not one time where there wasn’t a big ass crowd on the outside of the cage enjoying what ANIMAL put on. I cant wait for next years cage. Thank god it falls after Tax season. LOL