PDA

View Full Version : The Box

naturalguy
03-09-09, 2:59 pm
What did you guys think of the Box? It was packed every time I went over there.

At one point you guys were making cheeseburgers for everyone. Maybe next time we should have a grill lol.

Seriously though what did you like and how can it be improved for next year?

Tell us about your experience in the box.

Elite
03-09-09, 3:08 pm
can it be improved for next year?

Of course, i'll be there cooking up english breakfast's with cups of tea. ;)
Was a great idea. The only reason i ever ventured from the cage in '08 was for sustenance. Now with the box, all our needs are catered for.

Jus need a toilet and your rockin'

naturalguy
03-09-09, 3:09 pm
Jus need a toilet and your rockin'

Port-o-potty was my suggestion :)

Toni69
03-09-09, 3:11 pm
I thought it was cool, especially when I got tired and needed a chill out corner. The little water thingy was nice too and of course the fact the guys can go back there and heat up food and make shakes was the best idea. the place is overly crowded anyway but that box idea was great in my opinion. Even though it still got crowded, it was just us in there so I didnt care if scals or some other Animal was right on me watching the events and plus it made ya feel like you were VIP for a bit, LOL.

B Con
03-09-09, 3:18 pm
A grill would be BAD ASS!

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 3:23 pm
How bout more space? From what I heard, it was packed all weekend. Anyone say, sardines?

InkdMuscle
03-09-09, 3:27 pm
yes a bigger box would have been good. but in all it was a kick ass idea and experience. maybe a couple of george foremans would top it off.

Flash419
The BOX was a great idea. A little more room.. and a place to throw some bags on to get them off the floor and out of the way would have helped to.

But.. having said that. The free shakers were great, and having the water and all the supps available to try and retry was awesome. Saturday would have been a complete waste of time with all the crowds without having the box to get out of the mass confusion every once in a while.

Great idea!

Thunder Chicken
yea i thought it was a good idea, i thought it was a good way to show fans you can and that we are a brother hood! i liked it a lot i tryed different thing i have been wanting to try. also i got to watch some good lifting and such. thank you guys very much for having it. i do have one good idea i think you guys should get a bigger section for the cage so you can have a bigger box and more rom around it.

-Craig

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 3:29 pm
What I haven't heard was feedback about anyone who wasn't allowed in The Box. Was there a sense of envy? Jealousy? Resentment?

naturalguy
03-09-09, 3:29 pm
Did you guys get to try out the new flavored product like the BCAA stack, EAA Nitro and Torrent? If so give us your feedback.

Big C
03-09-09, 3:39 pm
Yes this is what I liked the most...the free Universal shaker and all the free tubs of current and new prototypes. I loved the lemon lime BCAA's (I believe that's what it was)...and when I got home last night ordered the Blue Raz Storm off one site that is actually selling it...I'm sure it will be available at more sites soon.

The only thing I didn't like was it seemed like some guys were sneaking in there who weren't Forvm members...I heard some talk about this...but hell this type of crowd control is well, hard to control with so many people coming in and out.

Did you guys get to try out the new flavored product like the BCAA stack, EAA Nitro and Torrent? If so give us your feedback.

Flash419
03-09-09, 3:41 pm

I tried the xxxxxxx EAA, and the citrus Intra and xxxxxx Torrent.. All of them were great. Torrent tasted like xxxxxxx.

dannynb
03-09-09, 4:09 pm
What I haven't heard was feedback about anyone who wasn't allowed in The Box. Was there a sense of envy? Jealousy? Resentment?

Not resentment but it raised some eyebrows. I kept getting asked hot to get in there and I'd tell them to go sign up on The FORVM and it would gain you VIP treatment. It got crazy in there I eventually had to get out and start working helping to get people signed up for the contest, signing waivers, handing out schedules....hell even got asked for my autograph a couple of time..LOL

cstmgp
03-09-09, 4:36 pm
Yeah, the box was great, I got to try several products I'd never had. I'm probably going to order some of the orange intra-aid, been looking for a workout drink.

Sorry we ran out of burgers, next year I'll bring more than twelve. I honestly wasn't sure if they'd be a hit/allowed, I should have known better in a cage full of animals!! You can count on me bringing more for the first day of the cage 2010. I hope everyone that got one enjoyed them, those were straight from our farm in Athens, my father and I always keep a few around to raise for meat. It's nice to know where your beef comes from.

BTW, I'm still trying to come up with a screen name that will be a little easier for everyone to remember. Someone recomended BringDaBeef, lol. I'll let you know soon J-Dawg.

Shaun

Pizzalamp
03-09-09, 4:54 pm
hmmm burgers in the box eh? i seem to rememeber suggesting something like that a while ago...

have any of you guys at universal given any more thought to my idea of a barbeque grill in the cage so we can have hot grilled chicken steaks etc?
also if we could get baked potatos or even rice like in those buffet trays?

and a barbeque in the cage w/ steaks and chicken cooked by the pros

McFly
03-09-09, 5:05 pm
the only time i was in the box was to snag a some of the new products to keep me moving all weekend.....some tasty things coming out those black "prototype" containers!!

Schu
03-09-09, 5:12 pm
Yes this is what I liked the most...the free Universal shaker and all the free tubs of current and new prototypes. I loved the xxxx BCAA's (I believe that's what it was)...and when I got home last night ordered the Blue Raz Storm off one site that is actually selling it...I'm sure it will be available at more sites soon.

The only thing I didn't like was it seemed like some guys were sneaking in there who weren't Forvm members...I heard some talk about this...but hell this type of crowd control is well, hard to control with so many people coming in and out.

I gotta get some of that Blue Raz Storm that you let me try. Taste amazing.

Universal Rep
03-09-09, 5:15 pm
Yeah, the box was great, I got to try several products I'd never had. I'm probably going to order some of the orange intra-aid, been looking for a workout drink.

Sorry we ran out of burgers, next year I'll bring more than twelve. I honestly wasn't sure if they'd be a hit/allowed, I should have known better in a cage full of animals!! You can count on me bringing more for the first day of the cage 2010. I hope everyone that got one enjoyed them, those were straight from our farm in Athens, my father and I always keep a few around to raise for meat. It's nice to know where your beef comes from.

BTW, I'm still trying to come up with a screen name that will be a little easier for everyone to remember. Someone recomended BringDaBeef, lol. I'll let you know soon J-Dawg.

Shaun

You brought in burgers for The Box??

cstmgp
03-09-09, 5:22 pm
You brought in burgers for The Box??

Yeah, I was making my lunch and figured I'd throw a few extras in. I knew that everyone else was staying in Hotel rooms, and had limited resources, I live in C-bus and thought I'd help out. I have to admit, it's the first time I've ever grilled twelve burgers at 8 in the morning.lol

I stopped on the way and grabbed a pack of buns, ketchup, mustard and cheese. For a little while we had a little burger assembly line right in the box.

Shaun

Wreck
03-09-09, 5:38 pm
The box and the cage in general were awesome. it topped all other booths a thousand percent. spent the majority of my time over the weekend in the cage and i was really impressed with the hospitality from the pros. no egos and very classy. the animal brotherhood is second to none

BigAnt
03-09-09, 6:32 pm

Shaun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for my burger, was very very good!

Madcat
03-09-09, 8:43 pm
The guys who were with me, 3 of my friends who I've lifted with for a few months now, were not active members of the Forums when the Arnold started, lets just say after I got to go VIP status and chill in htere away from everyone, 1 came home and signed up right away, and the other 2 are def. interested.

I think there was a sense of want for sure. I mean the microwave and water alone was key for anyone who needed a meal heated, or a drink to rehydrate.

TABASCO sauce for the burgers, fish, chicken...... Just a thought lol.

cstmgp
03-09-09, 8:45 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for my burger, was very very good!

No prob! I'm honored to have fed the animals!! It's great to be able to give a lil something back to those who have helped me so much. Next year I'll bring more.

Shaun

mjsef88
03-09-09, 9:07 pm
Rcrott1, Rbearse and I had some stew I brought in my cooler on Friday. The microwave was a hit. It was a little bit of a pain dragging around the cooler, but hey, I'm used to it (maybe have an icebox in the cage next year?). I think the box was awesome. The VIP badges were awesome. Walking around the Expo getting some Swag friday a few people asked about the VIP badge and one guy asked for an autograph.

Oh and the supps were awesome. I think I got alot of people hooked on the "One of Everything" Drink. J-Dawg, URep, maybe you should make a tub of that. haha.

ghost
03-09-09, 9:10 pm
all i have to say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rcrott1, Rbearse and I had some stew I brought in my cooler on Friday. The microwave was a hit. It was a little bit of a pain dragging around the cooler, but hey, I'm used to it (maybe have an icebox in the cage next year?). I think the box was awesome. The VIP badges were awesome. Walking around the Expo getting some Swag friday a few people asked about the VIP badge and one guy asked for an autograph.

Oh and the supps were awesome. I think I got alot of people hooked on the "One of Everything" Drink. J-Dawg, URep, maybe you should make a tub of that. haha.

gooooooooooood times!

BamBam
03-09-09, 9:16 pm
What did you guys think of the Box? It was packed every time I went over there.

At one point you guys were making cheeseburgers for everyone. Maybe next time we should have a grill lol.

Seriously though what did you like and how can it be improved for next year?

Tell us about your experience in the box.

Dude the box was awesome! I was honored to work it and, as HOUSE put it, "bounce" the entrance to it! lol. I loved all of the new flavors of the products and am def. looking forward to them being on shelves if the powers that be see to it! Awesome idea guys and yes, I vote for this to be back again in full swing next year!

How bout more space? From what I heard, it was packed all weekend. Anyone say, sardines?

When I worked the door and were letting people in, and not letting people in who didnt have their sheets...the ones who didnt get in got kinda pissed off and couldn't believe I REALLY wasn't going to let them in lol. They saw everyone getting "free" shakes and having a blast and I think yes, alot of jealousy was in the air.

IN IRON,
BB-

Austin4205
03-09-09, 9:30 pm
For my first year it was great, from meeting everyone , getting to talk to frank, and the lifting, i also did have a friend that didnt sign up to get in and was super pissed that we were in the box and he wasnt, my only suggestion like stated on here beofre was space, and one last thing you coudl here the cage from all around the classic, keep it up guys.

zanderfever
03-09-09, 9:32 pm
The Box was great. I loved it (Thank you, NG. Couldn't have gotten in without you). The fact that we all had to spill out of the box and into the more "weight room" area of the cage is testimony to the fact that we had a lot of guys in there for the vast majority of the day. The free shakes and supplements was a great bonus as well. It gave me the opportunity to try Real Gains, which I have never tried before. By all means, keep the box at least and if you can get some more room please do. It was a great idea and thank you to Universal for letting that happen. You have no idea how cool and welcome I felt with that VIP badge around my neck all day. Didn't take it off and now I have to figure out a place to display it in my room amidst all my ANIMAL posters...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-09-09, 10:07 pm
It was my first year at the Arnold and first time experiencing the Cage and, needless to say, it was a great idea. It made me feel even more apart of the Animal brotherhood. More space would definately be a great idea, and some foreman grills goin haha(ill bring mine)!

Big C
03-09-09, 10:12 pm
I just hope next year a lot of freeloaders don't rush to sign up on the Forvm around Arnold time just to take advantage of the Box and what it has to offer for the wrong reasons.

I expected the Box to be awesome but it far exceeded my expectations....it brought a smile to my face when I was approaching the Cage and saw all my buds frantically mixing different supps up in their shakers. I knew everyone was having a lot of fun !!!

stolzenator
03-09-09, 10:58 pm
the box was the best part of the entire expo for me, hands down bar none. not only did i get the best seat in the house to all of the awesome events happening in the cage, a chance to try all sorts of prototype supps (i was ALL ABOUT the BCAA and EAA stacks since theyre 0 cals!), and a good place to chill when the rest of the expo was packed like sardines, but it also gave me a nice place to coordinate meeting all the awesome people from this site and hang out with them, exchanging tips, tricks, advice, and just generally havin a good time. i made a ton of new friends this weekend in the Box! definitely a keeper!

PS- i didnt think it was too small.

stolzenator
03-09-09, 11:21 pm
the box was the best part of the entire expo for me, hands down bar none. not only did i get the best seat in the house to all of the awesome events happening in the cage, a chance to try all sorts of prototype supps (i was ALL ABOUT the BCAA and EAA stacks since theyre 0 cals!), and a good place to chill when the rest of the expo was packed like sardines, but it also gave me a nice place to coordinate meeting all the awesome people from this site and hang out with them, exchanging tips, tricks, advice, and just generally havin a good time. i made a ton of new friends this weekend in the Box! definitely a keeper!

oh, also, i let one of my friends that works for a different company that i wont name (starts with Sci and rhymes with motivation) try a sip of my Juicy Watermelon EAA, and she admitted it was much better than their similar product. spreadin the Animal gospel FTW!

Little Z
03-09-09, 11:39 pm

PS- i didnt think it was too small.

that and you got to use some new nifty cans for your food.. haha.. that seriously was the greatest scene.. you w/ a Stak can..

munchin on your taco beef n chicken.. but as we all know.. thats Stolz.. lol

the Box was seriously a great addition to the Cage, allowing this community to try all the products you put out, was more than
we all expected. having the water cooler was a great touch, with the microwave.. maybe a fridge, grill, and bathroom next year haha..

the looks some ppl gave were interesting, especially when they asked how do i get in there, or why are you in there.. and there were
quite a few people just walking in w/ no pass or with no one stopping them to see if they had a pass previously, i knew a few peeps
forgot theirs in their car, and that happens.. but like Big C said.. I hope people dont join up for the wrong reasons..

it was great seeing old friends and meeting all the new ones.. I want to thank everyone at Universal/Animal for one of the greatest weekends
I have ever been apart of, and can not wait for next year already..

arsilva
03-10-09, 12:01 am
the Box was sick. maybe make it a little more roomy for next year. Water cooler, supps, etc were a great idea. Something food-related would be great, though given the fact that the expo is enclosed, i dont know that the higher ups would go for it.

I didn't really talk to anyone outside of the Cage, so i don't know about the jealousy/resentment part. I doubt it, though. the Cage itself is such a spectacle i'm sure people were glad to watch from the outside.

Firedrake
03-10-09, 12:49 am

I mixed up the EAA Nitro with the BCAA stack and liked it a lot!

Firedrake
03-10-09, 1:09 am
. . . and to add to that (because I took too long to come back and edit it):

I loved the Cage and the Box -- it was my first trip to the Arnold, and I didn't know how well "the old guy" would be accepted. I have to say the Box and the Animals exceeded my expectations. We were all there for the same reason, so it really was like being part of a huge family, and we even all got along! Everyone else HAD to be envious.

I admit I share the concern that people would sign up on the Forum for the wrong reason, just to get into The Box (hell, it was the only place to sit down in the whole Expo hall except for the seats in front of the stage), but I cannot imagine how else to define a criteria.

As for other features: erm, maybe a little larger, but I know that the Cage and sales area have to already be expensive to set up. One could wish there were more benches and places to work out in the Cage, but again, that would take more room.

. . . it just occurred to me -- how about live video blogs from the Cage or the Box?

arsilva
03-10-09, 1:25 am
how about live video blogs from the Cage or the Box?

GREAT idea Fd. for all the guys who can't be there. instead of waitin for a few vids a couple days after the Arnold, they could watch ALL the action as it happened!

Little Z
03-10-09, 2:52 am
a toaster for all of our pop tarts..

I know Juggs has my back on this one.. haha

sixthbeatle
03-10-09, 2:55 am
That was my first time at the Arnold, and I spent a good part of the two days I was there in or around the cage. Everyone was friendly, the lift competitions were fuckin' awesome and inspiring and I got to try orange eaa stack. I didn't really care for it personally, but that's just me. I had a great time and can't wait till next year to see what you guys come up with!

Phil800101
03-10-09, 4:22 am
What can I say, it was awesome. The shakers/supps was really sweet, I had Real Gains for breakfast two days in a row. The badges were really cool too. Size-wise it was alright, I agree though that maybe some space for bags would be a good idea...I don't know how feasible that would be though. All in all, it was so friggin' cool to have a home at the Expo...whether it was to watch what was going on or just to hang out and relax.

stolzenator
03-10-09, 10:21 am
haha oh yeah thanks for reminding me Z! i did get a sweet new tupperware on friday. how often ya just see someone eatin their stak by the spoonful??

firsthorseman97
03-10-09, 10:33 am
The box was just about perfect. Shaun was definitely the man friday hooking everyone up with burgers. The free shakers and free samples were a nice addition, much more than I had expected. I think the size of the box was as big as you could go realistically. Thanks for making it happen NG!

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 10:37 am
Yeah, I was making my lunch and figured I'd throw a few extras in. I knew that everyone else was staying in Hotel rooms, and had limited resources, I live in C-bus and thought I'd help out. I have to admit, it's the first time I've ever grilled twelve burgers at 8 in the morning.lol

I stopped on the way and grabbed a pack of buns, ketchup, mustard and cheese. For a little while we had a little burger assembly line right in the box.

Shaun

Shaun, that was much appreciated. That burger hit the spot and saved a few of us from having to fight past the crowds to get a bite to eat. The camaraderie of The Box and the burger assembly line was one of the highlights of the show for me.

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 10:39 am

The one of everything drink. Not a bad idea, lol.

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 10:42 am

Shaun

See here fellas.... This is what it's all about, why it is I rep for what I genuinely believe is the best company bar none. It's not the way Corporate treats its customers, but the way Corporate has a way of sharing its values and seeing those values trickle down to their customers. Brotherhood. Hit me up with a PM, C. This kind of generosity towards your fellow Animal does not and should not go unnoticed...

naturalguy
03-10-09, 1:45 pm
Some pics of the box

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/The%20Cage%202009/Arnold2009021.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/The%20Cage%202009/Arnold2009022.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/The%20Cage%202009/Arnold2009024.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/The%20Cage%202009/Arnold2009025.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/The%20Cage%202009/Arnold2009038.jpg

mjsef88
03-10-09, 8:17 pm
The one of everything drink. Not a bad idea, lol.

pull some strings Big Dawg, I want to see a 5lb tub on sale within the fiscal quarter haha.

Firedrake
03-10-09, 8:20 pm
Oh: One request for next year. Can we have some IsoWhey as well as RealGains? I really didn't want to hit up the RG, because I'm watching carbs.

. . . yeah, yeah I know: I'm greedy!

cstmgp
03-10-09, 11:54 pm
U-Rep: PM sent, hope you can make it next year, look forward to meeting you.

As for the box, It never seemed too small for this year, I could always get in when I tried. I'm sure a little more room for next year wouldn't hurt, as the number of people will surely go up.

Maybe next year there could be a minimum length of enrollement on the forum, to discourage people from signing up the week of the Arnold. Or a minimum post count, perhaps they'll actually pick up some knowledge/values from the forum while attaining their VIP pass.
Shaun

mjsef88
03-11-09, 7:57 am
Maybe next year there could be a minimum length of enrollement on the forum, to discourage people from signing up the week of the Arnold. Or a minimum post count, perhaps they'll actually pick up some knowledge/values from the forum while attaining their VIP pass.
Shaun

I agree with that, but it would be tough setting up some stipulations. I know of some guys who are hardcore animals that either don't post, or don't post much. What if like, a month before the Cage, we get flooded with spam posts?

After kind of typing it out, I think that anyone who signed up for the Forvm should be able to get in, but I was extremely happy that the raffle bag of supps went to a hard working, constantly posting Animal that has been around here for a long time, and not just some random guy who bought a t-shirt.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 10:09 am
throw A Refrigerator Stocked With Food And A Grill Into That Bad Boy And We Are Good To Go Lmao!

The Product Samples, The Prototypes, Microwave, Shakers, And The Water Was Perfect!

If Anything Make It Bigger If Possible, That Box Couldn't Handle All The Animals And Beef That Were In It At Certain Times Lmao!

ForearmFreak
03-11-09, 10:28 am
The box was awesome!! Kinda tight but whatever, it was the best vip treatment in the whole expo. It was pretty sweet to be so close and have a good view of what was going on because unless you were up against the fence there was no way you would get a good view.

I liked how we got to try the new prototypes which were amazing and the water jug was a really big help!! I didn't even really see any water fountains around.
The commoradory was a big hit too. Rubbing elbows with fellow forvm members and just saying "Hey what's up?? What's your forvm name?" and just talking if they have seen their journey and what not.

Ideas for next year: I think Animal did a fantastic job and was one of the favorite areas to be because there was always some type of event going on. The only tweaks I would recommend would be to make the box and the cage bigger. Maybe big enough for everyone to have a seat, or more seats than there was. I just heard some people complaining about standing all day. I didn't mind though, the cage was awesome.

One more thing I was thinking about, what if Animalpak had girls? Just a thought ya know? I do know you guys are a professional company and all and aren't for show and the companies that did have the bikini models were just trying to sell you stuff. Just a thought to keeep in mind.

J-Dawg
03-11-09, 4:18 pm
Oh: One request for next year. Can we have some IsoWhey as well as RealGains? I really didn't want to hit up the RG, because I'm watching carbs.

. . . yeah, yeah I know: I'm greedy!

That's a good idea Firedrake.

Firedrake
03-11-09, 6:47 pm
That's a good idea Firedrake.

Thanks, by the way, I don't know what we were talking about here, but someone grabbed this picture of us on Friday: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=4384613&ppuser=33666

sanga
03-14-09, 12:27 pm
The Box was an excellent idea, I spent most of my time in there with my wife watching what was going on, its the only place to put your bags down where they are safe and where there are seats if you need to sit.

The free drinks were a warm welcome, never expected that, I had 2 shakes a day there, each one of what I`d never had before, brilliant way to try out products to see if I like them, great idea again, the microwave was a god send to people wishing to heat up food, I know Vinny needed it to warm up his food as he is dieting.

You could see everything from The Box too, it did get crowded sometimes but never too much that you wanted to get out of there, I loved it, so did Mrs Sanga as she could leave her bag, camera and that safely.

There were some people who weren`t members of The Forum who gave people looks up and down a bit, I noticed this when I walked straight past them outside with my VIP badge on a few times and went into The Box, they were looking probably wondering who I was to get in there, lol

All in all a great stand with the set up being spot on, true Animal style, hardcore with the lockers, oil drums, no fancy multi coloured banners or neon signs, just plain straight to the point in ya face Animal, you could see and hear The Cage from the entrance doors easily, we were the shit without a doubt.

Great job everyone, a big thanks has to go out to all the guys who worked The Cage, The Stand and for all the setting up/clearing away of the booth, well done.

Standing_Guard
03-16-09, 11:06 pm
A grill would be BAD ASS!

I'll bring my Foreman next year, no smoke and all the flavor.

arsilva
03-17-09, 1:00 am
you could see and hear The Cage from the entrance doors easily, we were the shit without a doubt.

I def noticed that the Cage music was basically the Expo music, as you could hear it loud and clear all over. sooo sick