PDA

View Full Version : An Ape's Take on the Cage

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-09-09, 10:46 pm
Alright. It was amazing to say the least. Meeting new animal faces and reminising with old ones was amazing. It was great to finally put the names B Con, NickW, Rage, Phil080821, jarhead, Sgt Rock, Big Byrd...i dont even know who else lol sorry if i forgot you guys. It was good seing, scals, Big Ant, G, Big Wides and Juggs, Big Al, McFly, Naturalguy, J-Dawg,Toni, Zanderfever, and again i forget who else lol.

The Cage was everything I imagined it to be and then some. The powerlifting exhibitions were FUCKING AWESOME!. Ok...so Nick Winters...who is thee largest man i have ever witnessed, Deadlifted 800lbs like cake, he then tried 820 and got it about 3/4 of the way up then failed to fully lock it out. I was disappointed i had to miss his benching exhibition. On day 2, I witnessed Sam Byrd Squat 800lbs (700lbs bar weight/ 100 chain) for a solid 1 rep in JUST BELT AND WRAPS!!!!!! What was even more impressive in my eyes was the set before, i think it was around 750, he went down for his first rep and bailed-something must have not felt right, then he IMMEDIATELY got back under the bar and destroyed that weight for 2 reps...mind you guys...he is 220 POUNDS!!!
SgtRock. then was up to go for his big 800lb pull. unfrotunately for Rock, it wasnt his day, he struggled to get 700 up due to belt complications but finally pulled that motherfucker up on his 3rd attempt! TRUE ANIMAL!

The cage was ridiculous, it was so obvious that people who walked by the cage came back to stay and watch the shit that was going down. And a neighboring booth(no name will be given) was trying to distract the attention from the cage during an exhibition. funny...cause no one left the cage...

During my short time here apart of the Animal brotherhood, I've exprienced my life changing and truly inspiring events. My first was My first ABC at Skiba's Gym back in July. It was my first time seeing such a hardcore powerlifting gym. I remember driving home with Forearmfreak and we were talking about what major epiphanies we just had. My next was the ABC at Southside Iron after Thanksgiving. There i pulled 600 for the first time, putting nearly 60 pounds on my old PR....

And now... THE CAGE. I'm not going to recap the powerlifting exhibitions that I already have, but to say the least, having a front row seat to BigByrd and Sgt Rocks lifts was....AMAZING. To see what hardwork and grit against the hands of time have done for these two beasts opened my eyes. I am truly blessed to have experienced these life-changing moments.

The national ABC was awesome. So many animals, pros and bros combined, powerlifters and bodybuilders. Benching it a fucking sauna of a gym was not so much fun but hey...gotta deal. It was cool talkin To Big Wides, just shootin the shit about powerlifting woes and what not. just a great day.

Finally, just want to thank everyone in the legion and corporate for putting on such a ridiculous event. Rest assured, I'll be back next year...but I'll be flying this time!

Phil800101
03-10-09, 4:29 am
Awesome meeting you bro.

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 10:45 am
During my short time here apart of the Animal brotherhood, I've exprienced my life changing and truly inspiring events. My first was My first ABC at Skiba's Gym back in July. It was my first time seeing such a hardcore powerlifting gym. I remember driving home with Forearmfreak and we were talking about what major epiphanies we just had. My next was the ABC at Southside Iron after Thanksgiving. There i pulled 600 for the first time, putting nearly 60 pounds on my old PR....

Amazing.

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 1:11 pm
Alright. It was amazing to say the least. Meeting new animal faces and reminising with old ones was amazing. It was great to finally put the names B Con, NickW, Rage, Phil080821, jarhead, Sgt Rock, Big Byrd...i dont even know who else lol sorry if i forgot you guys. It was good seing, scals, Big Ant, G, Big Wides and Juggs, Big Al, McFly, Naturalguy, J-Dawg,Toni, Zanderfever, and again i forget who else lol.

The Cage was everything I imagined it to be and then some. The powerlifting exhibitions were FUCKING AWESOME!. Ok...so Nick Winters...who is thee largest man i have ever witnessed, Deadlifted 800lbs like cake, he then tried 820 and got it about 3/4 of the way up then failed to fully lock it out. I was disappointed i had to miss his benching exhibition. On day 2, I witnessed Sam Byrd Squat 800lbs (700lbs bar weight/ 100 chain) for a solid 1 rep in JUST BELT AND WRAPS!!!!!! What was even more impressive in my eyes was the set before, i think it was around 750, he went down for his first rep and bailed-something must have not felt right, then he IMMEDIATELY got back under the bar and destroyed that weight for 2 reps...mind you guys...he is 220 POUNDS!!!
SgtRock. then was up to go for his big 800lb pull. unfrotunately for Rock, it wasnt his day, he struggled to get 700 up due to belt complications but finally pulled that motherfucker up on his 3rd attempt! TRUE ANIMAL!

The cage was ridiculous, it was so obvious that people who walked by the cage came back to stay and watch the shit that was going down. And a neighboring booth(no name will be given) was trying to distract the attention from the cage during an exhibition. funny...cause no one left the cage...

And now... THE CAGE. I'm not going to recap the powerlifting exhibitions that I already have, but to say the least, having a front row seat to BigByrd and Sgt Rocks lifts was....AMAZING. To see what hardwork and grit against the hands of time have done for these two beasts opened my eyes. I am truly blessed to have experienced these life-changing moments.

The national ABC was awesome. So many animals, pros and bros combined, powerlifters and bodybuilders. Benching it a fucking sauna of a gym was not so much fun but hey...gotta deal. It was cool talkin To Big Wides, just shootin the shit about powerlifting woes and what not. just a great day.

Finally, just want to thank everyone in the legion and corporate for putting on such a ridiculous event. Rest assured, I'll be back next year...but I'll be flying this time!

It was awesome that you and Forearm Freak were able to make the long drive up. Glad you were able to experience the madness of The Cage with all of us.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-12-09, 1:28 pm
Awesome meeting you bro.
Like wise Phil"numbers" haha

Amazing.
it truly is. U-rep

It was awesome that you and Forearm Freak were able to make the long drive up. Glad you were able to experience the madness of The Cage with all of us.

Thanx j-dawg, it was definately worth the 8 hour drive...except cramping up on the way home lol!