PDA

View Full Version : Telling It Like It Is...

B Con
03-10-09, 10:49 am
Honestly, since last year I was already hooked on the Arnold Classic. Just walking into the place and feeling that atmosphere... the booths are all lined up... the place is packed with bodybuilders, power lifters, pros, ams, celebrities, wannabes, or those just wanting free shit. Seriously it gets a little out of control. Out of everything there, nothing draws your attention more than the Cage. It's a packed gated box that just screams the Animal lifestyle.

Inside the Cage lurks several of the most down to Earth guys that I have come to know in this lifetime. These are guys that are professionals. They are a top notch crew dedicated to the iron and to progressing each and every day. That bond through the iron draws us together. That dedication and desire to keep going... There is nothing like it. The pros are there ready to tackle questions, shoot the shit, take pics, or just sign an autograph. I have yet to meet any other company that has pros that are so approachable and easy to talk to. Not to mention all the lifting, pros vs bros contests, bench your body weight, seminars, and photo ops being offered continuously.

Outside the Cage, you are surrounded by lockers, bottles of Animal products and big ol' oil drums as tables were the merchandise was being sold. We sold out of just about everything and it was only the end of Saturday... in fact we had to cut back on a lot of it so we would have some things on Sunday. The gear this year was catered to the Blackout theme. The LE shirts were Black T's with White Animal Iconic labeling... the hats were solid BLACK with an Animal A on the front of 'em... there were black thermals as well... a solid BLACK skullie with a black A on it... a Fidel type Animal Hat... A beanie with a bill... the new Journey Books... DVDs... a new "Stand Your Ground" shirt... and of course the ever popular "Shut the Fuck Up and Train". We also had the yellow and red iconic shirts for sale which also sold out. The hats sold out the quickest of anything I've ever seen, I believe it was what within 4 hours on Friday till we found the hidden box of 'em. Every where you looked out into the Expo, it was literally a see of BLACK.

The Box, was a great addition this year. It really allowed Forvm members to get in there and have a front row of the events going on. Not only this but it allowed you to meet other Forvm members, get a special VIP pass, sample products, get a Universal Mixboy, and even taste test the latest prototypes. I saw several people partaking in this and even coming up with their own combination of flavors...

The ABC was amazing as always... definitely was bigger than last years. So many like minded individuals geared up towards the same goals... damn what a rush. The atmosphere was top notch and truly a sight to behold.

To all the pros, powerlifters, Corporate, Fans, and everyone there, behind the scenes, working side by side, living that Animal lifestyle thank you. I feel very blessed and thankful to be in the hands of such a great company. It was an honor to work beside you all, to get some good food, shoot the shit, catch some good training sessions, hear some stories, and just be a part of the team.

For those that don't know, I drove 6.5 hours to get there and it was worth every second.
In fact, I'm already pumped up to come in bigger next year.

B

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 10:52 am
For those that don't know, I drove 6.5 hours to get there and it was worth every second.

B

BC, this here is the best thing you said IMHO. You go, you meet the brothers, and it inspires you to improve yourself. Tell me, what is Animal if it ain't this basic, most fundamental idea?

B Con
03-10-09, 10:54 am
BC, this here is the best thing you said IMHO. You go, you meet the brothers, and it inspires you to improve yourself. Tell me, what is Animal if it ain't this basic, most fundamental idea?

Thanks U.

It's definitely that and more. Always about progressing daily and working towards that next step. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Big C
03-10-09, 11:17 am
Good stuff there Burt I concur.

Animal/Universal goes out of their way to give to us....and we give back. It's a win/win and that's what it's all about and that's why I belong here.

B Con
03-10-09, 11:56 am
Good stuff there Burt I concur.

Animal/Universal goes out of their way to give to us....and we give back. It's a win/win and that's what it's all about and that's why I belong here.

That's what it is definitely all about. Felt great being a part of it all.

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 1:03 pm
Honestly, since last year I was already hooked on the Arnold Classic. Just walking into the place and feeling that atmosphere... the booths are all lined up... the place is packed with bodybuilders, power lifters, pros, ams, celebrities, wannabes, or those just wanting free shit. Seriously it gets a little out of control. Out of everything there, nothing draws your attention more than the Cage. It's a packed gated box that just screams the Animal lifestyle.

Inside the Cage lurks several of the most down to Earth guys that I have come to know in this lifetime. These are guys that are professionals. They are a top notch crew dedicated to the iron and to progressing each and every day. That bond through the iron draws us together. That dedication and desire to keep going... There is nothing like it. The pros are there ready to tackle questions, shoot the shit, take pics, or just sign an autograph. I have yet to meet any other company that has pros that are so approachable and easy to talk to. Not to mention all the lifting, pros vs bros contests, bench your body weight, seminars, and photo ops being offered continuously.

Outside the Cage, you are surrounded by lockers, bottles of Animal products and big ol' oil drums as tables were the merchandise was being sold. We sold out of just about everything and it was only the end of Saturday... in fact we had to cut back on a lot of it so we would have some things on Sunday. The gear this year was catered to the Blackout theme. The LE shirts were Black T's with White Animal Iconic labeling... the hats were solid BLACK with an Animal A on the front of 'em... there were black thermals as well... a solid BLACK skullie with a black A on it... a Fidel type Animal Hat... A beanie with a bill... the new Journey Books... DVDs... a new "Stand Your Ground" shirt... and of course the ever popular "Shut the Fuck Up and Train". We also had the yellow and red iconic shirts for sale which also sold out. The hats sold out the quickest of anything I've ever seen, I believe it was what within 4 hours on Friday till we found the hidden box of 'em. Every where you looked out into the Expo, it was literally a see of BLACK.

The Box, was a great addition this year. It really allowed Forvm members to get in there and have a front row of the events going on. Not only this but it allowed you to meet other Forvm members, get a special VIP pass, sample products, get a Universal Mixboy, and even taste test the latest prototypes. I saw several people partaking in this and even coming up with their own combination of flavors...

The ABC was amazing as always... definitely was bigger than last years. So many like minded individuals geared up towards the same goals... damn what a rush. The atmosphere was top notch and truly a sight to behold.

To all the pros, powerlifters, Corporate, Fans, and everyone there, behind the scenes, working side by side, living that Animal lifestyle thank you. I feel very blessed and thankful to be in the hands of such a great company. It was an honor to work beside you all, to get some good food, shoot the shit, catch some good training sessions, hear some stories, and just be a part of the team.

B

B it was great hanging w/ you for the weekend. I think we ended up having dinner after training two nights in a row, which was really cool. You're a great worker and you helped us a lot in the shop when things got busy. I'm glad all that driving paid off and you guys were able to have a good time with us at The Cage. Like you, I'm pumped already for next year and can't wait for it.

Firedrake
03-10-09, 1:18 pm
You said it all, Burt -- the inspiration will keep me coming back every year!

B Con
03-10-09, 9:32 pm
B it was great hanging w/ you for the weekend. I think we ended up having dinner after training two nights in a row, which was really cool. You're a great worker and you helped us a lot in the shop when things got busy. I'm glad all that driving paid off and you guys were able to have a good time with us at The Cage. Like you, I'm pumped already for next year and can't wait for it.

Thanks J. It was busy as hell, my legs were killing me, the bathrooms stunk, and I had a long drive--but I wouldn't change a thing.

Glad to know I'm not the only one looking forward to next years.

You said it all, Burt -- the inspiration will keep me coming back every year!

Definitely. Can't wait Drake. I can't wait to see the other videos you have as well.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:54 am
Great stuff Burt. Is it next year yet?

mritter3
03-11-09, 8:22 am
well said b con, everything you stated paints a picture of how awesome the cage was this year.

McFly
03-11-09, 9:00 am
it was great meeting you B....you're a class act brother! keep doing your thing

LittleMan55
03-26-09, 8:45 am
I'm late, but this is a good read that others should enjoy.

It was great rooming with you again this year. I'm sure it will be even better next year. Only I wont try and get us kicked out of the hotel.

The CAGE 2010! It's in your blood!