PDA

View Full Version : The National ABC, my experience with the PROS

firsthorseman97
03-10-09, 11:34 am
I was fortunate enough to be picked to hit shoulders with G Diesel. I had stuck to my supps all day, Pak, Test, Stak, Pump and Storm (Thanks J-Dawg!), I knew I would need them.

After the gym cleared out I headed downstairs to track down G. He was hanging out by the Military press. Rod, another member selected (sorry, not sure of his forvm name), showed up so I thought we were ready, I WAS WRONG! Big Al came strolling over and asked if he could join. Wow, now my blood was really pumping. THEN Bobby Fields came over to join us! Holy hell! We were in for it!

We started out with the Mil. Press, warmed up, then started adding plates. G was practically reading my mind on what jumps for me to make. G, Big Al, and Bobby worked their way up to 275 for reps, then dropped down to 246 for reps. I believe Rod and myself never went over 165, then dropped to 145.

Then we moved on to DB side raises. I made my way up to 35s, but "The Big 3" went way past that. In fact, I saw Big Al using the 100s! I was in awe. McFly was standing there and acted like it was no big deal, he said he's seen him use 130s! FREAK! After four sets we moved on to Machine Side Raises.

G decided it would be a drop set. The Big 3 used 15 plates (stack) to failure, then 10 plates, then 5. I was fried already by the time it was my turn, but there was no quit in me. I'm not sure what my drops were but I can tell you I was torched afterwards. I could not feel myself movin' the plates. On my last drop I was smoked by 10 reps but Big Al wasn't going to let me stop. He got me to knock out another 10 reps! Of course I think he was moving the weight more than me!

Next was machine rear delts. 4 more grueling high rep sets. You could tell the ABC was winding down but G wasn't finished with us yet. It was time for some BB shrugs. The Big 3 moved up to 5 plates while Rod and myself moved up to 4. I was quite happy with that.

The ABC then came to a close, finishing it up with the group photo. I want to give out a HUGE THANKS to G for selecting me to train with him, it was truly an honor. As for Big Al and Bobby joining in, that made the experience truly memorable. Thanks to Universal/Animal for making events like this happen, I hope you all know the impact it has on all of us, the legion.

My fiance, Ashley, got some great pics and some awesome video. I had to order a new USB cable so I can upload it. As soon as it gets in, I'll get everything posted.

Thanks,

Ryan

G Diesel
03-10-09, 11:40 am
It was great getting to train with you bro... It was one hell of a session having to keep up with monsters like Big Al and Bobby. You held your own and busted your ass and didn't back down at all. Your effort and enthusiasm were inspiring. You can train with me any day bro. Keep working hard and stay in touch.

Peace, G

stolzenator
03-10-09, 11:57 am
man! shoulders with g, big al, and bobby?? i bet that was a show for sure

mritter3
03-10-09, 12:28 pm
you are one lucky animal bro that must have been one humbling experience.

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 12:44 pm
What an experience for you brother. Glad you were able to hit it hard w/ G, Bobby and Big Al. The thing I love most about the training at the Arnold is what you take away from it. Training with all of these stand up guys just motivates you to train even harder when you get back to your home town.

firsthorseman97
03-10-09, 1:10 pm
It was great getting to train with you bro... It was one hell of a session having to keep up with monsters like Big Al and Bobby. You held your own and busted your ass and didn't back down at all. Your effort and enthusiasm were inspiring. You can train with me any day bro. Keep working hard and stay in touch.

Peace, G

Thanks G, that really means alot coming from you.

man! shoulders with g, big al, and bobby?? i bet that was a show for sure

It was definitely a sight to see. I can't wait to get the videos up.

you are one lucky animal bro that must have been one humbling experience.

Thanks. That's one experience I'll never forget. My motivation is on another level.

What an experience for you brother. Glad you were able to hit it hard w/ G, Bobby and Big Al. The thing I love most about the training at the Arnold is what you take away from it. Training with all of these stand up guys just motivates you to train even harder when you get back to your home town.

Your absolutely right, J. There is so much I've taken away from the whole weekend. I'm still trying to process it all.

Firedrake
03-10-09, 1:14 pm
I just had a great time getting to hang out with you, much less workout! Ashley's a sweetheart, putting up with all this! Tell her I said "hi"!

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 1:24 pm
Congrats on a great experience training with the Animal Crew. What was it like in The Cage?

firsthorseman97
03-10-09, 1:43 pm
I just had a great time getting to hang out with you, much less workout! Ashley's a sweetheart, putting up with all this! Tell her I said "hi"!

Thanks Jim, it was nice hanging out with you too. Ash really wanted to see what "it" was all about. She wanted to understand this part of my life. I can't thank her enough for that. I told her.

Congrats on a great experience training with the Animal Crew. What was it like in The Cage?

Its hard to explain the cage...

Its like a family reunion to me. Some 'relatives' I've never met till then, and some 'relatives' I only see once a year, some more. Its great to be able to put a face with a name. I have more in common with this family than my own most times. Anyways...

I couldn't get to the cage fast enough Friday. As soon as I got there I bought up eveything I wanted, grabbed up my cage shirt and headed for the box. Of course stoltz was in there eating. I grabbed up a shaker and started sampling the goods. Shaun was eating his burgers and offered them up to the rest of us. Next thing ya know Juggs is there with the camera snagging pics of the food. Before I knew it I was making burgers for the pros, that was fun!

I watched almost all the seminars and competitions Friday and Saturday. I was in the box when Arnold came by for the BlackOUT. He wasn't wearing black so we couldn't let him in, rules are rules. I did take a break from the cage to grab lunch Saturday with: Firedrake, Littleman55, Big C, and my fiance. I treated myself to a Philly Cheesesteak deluxe. We got back to the cage just in time for Sgt. Rock to suit up. Not long after I headed to the room to relax before the ABC.

Honestly there is so much I could talk about but I have no idea where to start. I met so many great people there I couldn't begin to name them all. It really is something that everyone should experience at leat once in their life. Videos and pics still don't give it the justice it deserves. I'll post up a few more stories as the week goes on. This was a very brief overview.

McFly
03-10-09, 2:56 pm
McFly was standing there and acted like it was no big deal, he said he's seen him use 130s!

you don't know how bad it was killing me, I wanted to jump in and train with you guys...but I hit shoulders the night before with Wides. looks like you guys had one helluva session.

fatbackgoal
03-10-09, 5:18 pm
Ryan,

Pleasure working out with you and yes it was amazing to be working out with that power trio. The drive home was not easy as my delts were killing me and holding onto the steering wheel for 9 hours was not pleasant. Thank Ashley for taking the pictures for me and hopefully we can hook up for another workout next year.

Rod

Powerswitch
03-10-09, 6:11 pm
Thank you Ryan it was a pleasure to pump iron with you. You and Rod held your own and let me tell you something, I also felt honored to have lifted with the likes of yourself, Rod, G, Al and Mcfly. It was definately a highlight of my career thus far and man am I looking forward to next year (hell I can't wait until the next ABC!!!). Keep busting your ass bro cause good things are coming your way. Train hard and stay healthy bro. God Bless...Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields

Big Al
03-10-09, 9:01 pm
Was a great workout,I just wish we could all get together more often to train.
I picked Rod to train with me on friday but I got alittle mixed up with the time so I asked him to join us saturday.He jumped right in an ran.
Someone took a pic of Rod and me,talk about a big dude.I was standing in front of him an I look small.

B Con
03-10-09, 9:54 pm
Very well spoken Ryan and it was great hanging out all weekend. Gotta do it again.

Pizzalamp
03-10-09, 9:58 pm
did u guys really keep arnold out cuz he wasnt in black?

firsthorseman97
03-11-09, 9:48 am
Ryan,

Pleasure working out with you and yes it was amazing to be working out with that power trio. The drive home was not easy as my delts were killing me and holding onto the steering wheel for 9 hours was not pleasant. Thank Ashley for taking the pictures for me and hopefully we can hook up for another workout next year.

Rod

I'm lucky I only had a 1.5 hr drive home. I will thank her for you. We'll definitely workout again in the future.

Thank you Ryan it was a pleasure to pump iron with you. You and Rod held your own and let me tell you something, I also felt honored to have lifted with the likes of yourself, Rod, G, Al and Mcfly. It was definately a highlight of my career thus far and man am I looking forward to next year (hell I can't wait until the next ABC!!!). Keep busting your ass bro cause good things are coming your way. Train hard and stay healthy bro. God Bless...Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields

Thanks Bobby, I appreciate the kind words. Best of luck with all your future goals.

Was a great workout,I just wish we could all get together more often to train.
I picked Rod to train with me on friday but I got alittle mixed up with the time so I asked him to join us saturday.He jumped right in an ran.
Someone took a pic of Rod and me,talk about a big dude.I was standing in front of him an I look small.

I wish I could train with the likes of you guys more often too. Rod was one big man. Every time he went to rack the Mil. Press I thought the bar was going to go over the top.

Very well spoken Ryan and it was great hanging out all weekend. Gotta do it again.

Thanks B. I'm looking forward to the next time we get to hang out.

did u guys really keep arnold out cuz he wasnt in black?

LMAO! No, of course not. He just walked by the cage but it sounds cooler to say that we wouldn't let him in.

firsthorseman97
03-17-09, 11:40 am
I am still waiting for my USB cable to get here. As soon as it does I will get the vids and pics up of the Cage and the ABC. I apologize for the delay.

I would like to say that the effects of the Arnold, and more importantly, the Cage, last much longer than just a weekend. My motivation is at an all-time high. Its a weird feeling. Every time I feel that I can't crank up the intensity any more, something like the Cage comes along and I find a way to dig a little deeper, to get those extra reps, to push those extra weights, to set new PRs. Every single person that I met at the cage, and everyone who has posted their stories on here, help me accomplish these goals whether you know it or not.

sanga
03-17-09, 11:59 am
Great stuff mate, look forward to the vids.

machineman
03-17-09, 12:21 pm
I am still waiting for my USB cable to get here. As soon as it does I will get the vids and pics up of the Cage and the ABC. I apologize for the delay.

I would like to say that the effects of the Arnold, and more importantly, the Cage, last much longer than just a weekend. My motivation is at an all-time high. Its a weird feeling. Every time I feel that I can't crank up the intensity any more, something like the Cage comes along and I find a way to dig a little deeper, to get those extra reps, to push those extra weights, to set new PRs. Every single person that I met at the cage, and everyone who has posted their stories on here, help me accomplish these goals whether you know it or not.

X2...great post. bro.....hope to get to train with you again soon!

firsthorseman97
03-19-09, 7:59 pm
Here's a link to my pics from the ABC in Columbus and some from the Cage. Still having problems with the video.

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/firsthorseman97/Arnold%20Expo%20Weekend/

Enforcer
03-21-09, 7:19 pm
Training with G is always truly an honor....the man is a true freak and delivers everytime. When you train with him, you better show up with your A game bc I gurantee he will bring his. Glad to hear you got the expeience you were looking for bro. I have said it time and time again that is what the Cage is all about....memories