PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll Come Back Now, ya'Hear? (Stolzenator reflects on Arnold weekend)

stolzenator
03-10-09, 12:21 pm
As a Columbus native, I've gotten to know the areas gyms, restaraunts, bus system, etc. I'm lucky enough to call Metro Fitness downtown my home gym, and train with a WNBF pro almost every day. I've been to the Arnold the previous 4 years in a row.

So, I thought I knew what I was getting myself into this weekend.

It was my first Arnold weekend as a member of the Animal family. I've now realized there's no other way to experience the Arnold. Not if you wanna get anything out of it at least.

Started Wed morning. Yes. I was the first Animal to sneak a look at the Cage. Was there setting up at 7am, and even though it was only half constructed, and most things were still in boxes, the excitement already began to rise. I snapped a few shots (posted on bb.com) and got back to work, wondering what was in store.

Thursday night. Was gunna try to meet some Animals at Metro for a session. Ended up gettin there a little early, sat around for a while, and then had to hit most the workout on my own. Immediately, when I saw some iconic T's stroll through the door, we picked each other out and easily struck up a conversation. Turned out to to Rcott and crew. hit a little bit of tris with them in the presence of Mr. O and THE Charles Glass. Also met most of the Pros that night (as I was walkin out the door).

Friday morning, in the process of skipping all classes to get as much time at the Cage as possible, I got to meet Mr. Aestheticz and his girl while waiting to get in. (I'm stealing your sticker idea for my gym bag ps). When we got to the cage, I'm please to announce that I was THE FIRST ONE to open up those glorious cabinets with the supp samples in them. The Cage was rockin from the get-go. Contests, bros vs pros, exhibitions, seminars, it all kicked ass. and in the Box we had front row seats to everything. The number of jealous looks I got from friends and classmates on the outside lookin in was crazy.

After being at the expo all day, Hola, Big C, BlitznDestroy and I decided it'd be a good idea to train legs. we killed it (Blitz almost killed himself) and metro still doesnt know what hit it that night. the Animals rolled in and took over. People were still talking about how awesome it was that we all rolled together today. ate at max and ermas with freak, blitz, hola, and the rest of the crew, bad service, acceptable food, great company.

Saturday at the expo was a cloudy, messy blur for me (you know what I mean if you saw me there, or the pictures the lovely Deanna took while i was asleep in the box). but I do know i saw some sick lifts happen from Big Byrd and his crew, along with a nasty lookin squat comp from Freak. also got alot of awesome advice from Mr A about contest prep. thanks alot!

The ABC was off the chain. Gettin Metro all to ourselves was badass. Vinny offered to help me with my posing since i was two weeks out, so we went upstairs to the posing room. heard alot of "that sucks, dont do that" but also alot of great great advice and encouragement. best part of my weekend. Thanks again Vinny. headed to max and ermas again to eat with Big Byrd himself, somehow they ran out of broccoli, which is the only green on their entire menu. then headed downstairs for some interesting (unrepeatable) conversations with big al, jjhoffer, and the crew.

Sunday at the Cage, feelin better, again, unreal. decided it was my turn to help out a little bit, so I signed people up for the comps as well as helped with the store. seein people trickle out sucked, but I know i made some great new friends. stayed to help break things down, said my own goodbyes, and sadly walked off to Metro on my own, knowing that gym was not gunna be the same without the presence of all the Animals id gotten so used to seeing there.

thanks for an awesome weekend everyone. Columbus isn't the same without all of you here. Come on back anytime!

C.Coronato
03-10-09, 12:24 pm
Looking good brother. As my first weekend there, it was an amazing time also. Glad to have shared it with some great dudes.

mritter3
03-10-09, 12:24 pm
sounds like a weekend you will never forget bro...thanks for the post.

J-Dawg
03-10-09, 12:53 pm
Thanks for helping us out when it got busy on Sun. I think that right there just shows you what Animal is all about--people stepping up when they see some help is needed. It was also cool of you to take some pics of The Cage just as they were getting it set up. All in all, it sounds like a heck of an experience for you (just as it was for all of us).

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 1:22 pm
Sounds like you had a great time. Saw the pics you posted on BB.com on Thus. What were ya doin' in the expo hall?

stolzenator
03-10-09, 1:43 pm
Looking good brother. As my first weekend there, it was an amazing time also. Glad to have shared it with some great dudes.

thanks alot man, i dont think i ever got a chance to talk to you though! next year.

sounds like a weekend you will never forget bro...thanks for the post.

oh i definitely wont. sure there are times on saturday id like to when i felt like crap, but overall wont forget anything

Thanks for helping us out when it got busy on Sun. I think that right there just shows you what Animal is all about--people stepping up when they see some help is needed. It was also cool of you to take some pics of The Cage just as they were getting it set up. All in all, it sounds like a heck of an experience for you (just as it was for all of us).

anything i could do! Animal's givin me alot, it was the least i could do!

Sounds like you had a great time. Saw the pics you posted on BB.com on Thus. What were ya doin' in the expo hall?

one of my workout partners owns the Max Muscle store here in Columbus, and they had a booth there. I was helpin him set it up bright and early, so with our down time we snuck a look at all the other booths. it was cool bein the only ones in there!

B Con
03-10-09, 9:31 pm
Wow great write up and glad you had a great time! The Cage is definitely something everyone needs to experience at least once in their lives.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:35 am
It was awesome meeting you bro. Your food smelled so damn good on Friday, made me pop out my sandwich...and that was awesome eating it out of the can like that.

stolzenator
03-11-09, 11:06 am
Wow great write up and glad you had a great time! The Cage is definitely something everyone needs to experience at least once in their lives.

amen to that. life just isnt complete until you've spent some time in the cage

It was awesome meeting you bro. Your food smelled so damn good on Friday, made me pop out my sandwich...and that was awesome eating it out of the can like that.

haha i do think i got quite a few envious stares about that one. brings a new meaning to the Animal Snak when you eat EVERYTHING out of a Stak can!

dannynb
03-11-09, 4:14 pm
Was good meeting ya bro. Good luck on your show.