PDA

View Full Version : The Cage 09

BigAnt
03-10-09, 3:54 pm
Thursday...met BigWides, Mcfly and BigAl at Philly airport, all four of us were seated on the same side of the plane-close to 1,110lbs...Arrived in C-bus and Gazarro (forum member) was nice enough to give us a ride to our hotels and provide the scale for the lifting weigh ins...Thanks again Gaz.! Met at The Cage...GDiesel, NaturalGuy, Juggernaut, JDawg, Mr.Aestheticz, Ragingmuscle and others where there putting in the finishing touches. With a strong hand shake and shoulder check, we all seemed like long lost brothers that just got reacquainted. Off to BD's Mongolian Grill for much needed food!...Dessert was had by some...An early Metro Fitness workout was planned...VinnyG schooled JDawg,NaturalGuy & myself on back training "Dorian Yates Style" Was a great-intense-hard and a very learning workout---Thank you VinnyG. VinnyG and I did a 30 minute cardio session and spoke about his IFBB Pro debut in the NY Pro...He will do very...VERY good! GDiesel had a wicked idea--GET TO BED EARLY FOR A LONG FIRST DAY AT THE CAGE---he was on point! After a great steak dinner at Max & Erma's with greater company off to bed early for rest!

Friday...The Cage and Animal booth was jammed, the free Cage/09 shirts were flying off the shelves fast! All lifting demos and seminars were greatly attended. With all the Animal merchandise being sold, and the Cage super crowded, every one of us had time to talk to people, pose for pictures and autograph things..Wrath, House and Ox must have autographed a ton of DVD's and Training Journals for people and always had a smile on their faces and treated each person as the first person they talked to! VinnyG another great year on the microphone...keeping it very real! Metro Fitness for workout#2 JDawg, Futilekyle and myself hit an intense chest workout...JDawg and I did some calves afterwards. PR's were made by all and we had fun with some pictures taking as well. Off to Max & Erma's for a Laredo steak dinner and another night of rest!

Saturday...let the madness begin..THIS IS THE BUSIEST AND MOST CROWDED DAY OF THE EXPO! Again all man power was needed for the Cage and The Booth...Everyone chipped in and worked hard as a team...12:00 noon The Blackout started...The true meaning of being an Animal was heard and people loved it! Arnold "I will be back" strolled by The Cage. Some forum members were lucky enough to get up-close pictures and a hand shake...Another great day of open lifting contests, Pros VS. Joes and seminars came to a close. The largest ABC to date was held at 8:00pm at Metro Fitness. HUGE ATTENDANCE was an under statement! Tons of energy & excitement filled the gym. Having fun, learning along the way and meeting new friends was done by all! Scals, Broc, Bcon and myself hit a crazy leg workout...VinnyG jumped in for some heavy leg presses as well! A group photo was done. Last supper---Max & Erma's. Was great to talk to Newbread and his company and the many others...had the back two tables. With the clocks turning back and losing one hour of sleep...another early night and start to pack for Sunday's last day.

Sunday. Was a bit calmer but still an intense day...The seminars, open lifting contests and Pros vs. Joes came to a final end. The largely stocked Booth at Animal withered away to nothing...Guys-Girls--if you want something/buy it early! LOL Don't wait until Sunday! NaturalGuy and I took a fast break-walking around some of the booths. Of course I had my camera in hand. I am like a little kid when it comes to this stuff...NaturalGuy said this, and he is 100% right. The excitement of meeting my peers and people who I look up to in this crazy sport of bodybuilding. The true passion always comes out....I do have tons of pictures in my home-basement gym, but always aim to collect more...NG thanks for the pics. you took and it was very cool walking the expo with you. Saying the goodbyes and thanking every one for a good time was not easy to do. Some of these people I will only see once a year, but I know they are just a keyboard away! Gazarro was also kind enough to provide us a ride back to the airport. Meeting up with Mr.Aestheticz at the airport, he joined our crew for a burger. He rolled of to his home town flight and so did we.

As I was on the bumpy plane ride back to Philly. I pondered...This weekend, at The Cage/Booth there were NO skimpy clothed women, screaming-chanting our product line, throwing out free t-shirts into the crowd, free samples being handed out or other "sale gimmicks" All of us had time for anybody/everybody...I had people approach me about how I had helped them/answered an injury question in the past. They thanked me and that made me feel better than any contest I had ever won! The many Pros always had times in their busy schedule for anybody...snapping pictures, signing autographs or just talking training-diet! Animal is true, no BS. I want to thank everyone at Universal/AnimalPak for letting me part of this great and my best Arnold Classic weekend ever! Thank you Michelle (I hope you are feeling much better and have your voice back) and the others back at Corporate who go unnoticed who also help with putting together this great weekend! I know The Cage gets better every year and I cannot wait until next year to see the new things Animal has planned, but the things that they will always have is integrity and desire. This is why I am so proud to be part of this great team!

Mr. Dead
03-10-09, 3:56 pm
Great stuff... I truly wish I could have been there...

andrewT
03-10-09, 4:08 pm
sounds like you all had a great time

I wish I could have been there. One day this canadian will make it out there!

Powerswitch
03-10-09, 4:40 pm
Wow man, I couldn't have said it any better myself. BigAnt, you hit the nail on the head with your post. This wasn't my first arnold visit nor was it my first visit to the cage but I'll tell you one thing, As long as Universal will have us my wife (Ragian Asian) and I will be back every damn year. It it is a great honor and pleasure to be considered family among those who make up the ANIMAL PAK...Thank you for an awesome weekend and for accepting my wife and I with open arms and making us feel right at home. Train hard and stay healthy. We'll see you at the next ABC workout...God Bless every one of you...Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields

Universal Rep
03-10-09, 4:49 pm
Agree 100%. No gimmicks when it comes to the Animal Crew or The Cage.... Love hearin' all the stories about how Animals are helping one another out, from rides to burgers....

scals
03-10-09, 5:00 pm
Ant, you hit the nail on the head. This weekend was amazing. From meeting all the pros and guys/girls on the Forvm, it was an awesome experience. I got to train with both you and G Diesel. You and I have trained together before, but never like this. The atmosphere was unreal and the motivation I got from you standing there training with me was off the chart. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would go up to 28 plates on a leg press for 8 reps LOL. Even our pose down, which you crushed me in :), served as a humbling experience. Getting to chat with both you and G during the workouts was sick. Trying to better both my problem areas, chest and legs. I wanted to say thank you for the opportunity. Eating and joking around together just made the weekend that much better. By the way, you're welcome for the question during the seminar ;)

You made this a great weekend for everyone there, especially me. Ant I view you not only as a role model, but as a friend too. Thank you for a great weekend. And to those who ever get the chance to talk or train with Ant, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!

JUGGERNAUT
03-10-09, 5:02 pm
Wow man, I couldn't have said it any better myself. BigAnt, you hit the nail on the head with your post. This wasn't my first arnold visit nor was it my first visit to the cage but I'll tell you one thing, As long as Universal will have us my wife (Ragian Asian) and I will be back every damn year. It it is a great honor and pleasure to be considered family among those who make up the ANIMAL PAK...Thank you for an awesome weekend and for accepting my wife and I with open arms and making us feel right at home. Train hard and stay healthy. We'll see you at the next ABC workout...God Bless every one of you...Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields

Terrific meeting both of you btw and great post Big Ant, I need to do one like this....

B Con
03-10-09, 5:08 pm
Very well spoken Ant. I didn't train legs with ya (w/ Broc and Steve) but I was there to shoot the shit afterwards. I did catch a picture of a straited glute!

Next time we shall train for sure. Looking forward to next time for sure.

fatbackgoal
03-10-09, 5:13 pm
Ant you aren't lying about getting your Animal gear early. By the time I got there on Friday the XL hats were gone. As I strolled around the expo I met more than a couple of pros at booths who had attitudes like they didn't want to be there. The Cage was the exact opposite. All of the gang in the Cage set the tone for a great weekend. Thanks guys for making so fun even my wife who is not into lifting had fun.

C.Coronato
03-10-09, 5:28 pm
Thanks for bringing the cage to another level for me brother. It was a good time talking and busting balls haha

mritter3
03-10-09, 5:34 pm
you got that 100 percent right big al, the weekend was amazing, everyone was so cool, not even the pro's had an attitude and they must have signed a shitload of autographs, it is very cool of all of them that is what makes animal such a special company, everyone has the utmost respect for one another, all the way from the top to the bottom.

BigAnt
03-10-09, 5:54 pm
Ant, you hit the nail on the head. This weekend was amazing. From meeting all the pros and guys/girls on the Forvm, it was an awesome experience. I got to train with both you and G Diesel. You and I have trained together before, but never like this. The atmosphere was unreal and the motivation I got from you standing there training with me was off the chart. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would go up to 28 plates on a leg press for 8 reps LOL. Even our pose down, which you crushed me in :), served as a humbling experience. Getting to chat with both you and G during the workouts was sick. Trying to better both my problem areas, chest and legs. I wanted to say thank you for the opportunity. Eating and joking around together just made the weekend that much better. By the way, you're welcome for the question during the seminar ;)

You made this a great weekend for everyone there, especially me. Ant I view you not only as a role model, but as a friend too. Thank you for a great weekend. And to those who ever get the chance to talk or train with Ant, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Scals..and thanks for the question at the "GET YOUR CUT" Seminar...LOL

You have the tools to be a champion in your first bodybuilding show, use them and we are ALL there behind you 100%!

And remember a champion is not measured by a trophy tag!

BigAnt
03-10-09, 5:55 pm
Terrific meeting both of you btw and great post Big Ant, I need to do one like this....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jauggernaut...maybe we can grab a workout together up your way one day next week!

BigAnt
03-10-09, 5:58 pm
Very well spoken Ant. I didn't train legs with ya (w/ Broc and Steve) but I was there to shoot the shit afterwards. I did catch a picture of a straited glute!

Next time we shall train for sure. Looking forward to next time for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very cool, you didn't train with us, but you were there..in my book that is "with us"

Yeah the Mayhem after the leg workout was a lot of fun! ! !

POSE DOWN! hahahaha

Striated glute...what fun house mirror were you looking into! LOL

BigAnt
03-10-09, 5:59 pm
Ant you aren't lying about getting your Animal gear early. By the time I got there on Friday the XL hats were gone. As I strolled around the expo I met more than a couple of pros at booths who had attitudes like they didn't want to be there. The Cage was the exact opposite. All of the gang in the Cage set the tone for a great weekend. Thanks guys for making so fun even my wife who is not into lifting had fun.

Thanks for the kind words, sorry we did not spend much time together, but I heard very cool things about you from the other guys who you trained with!

Yeah shop early on Friday--the best way!

BigAnt
03-10-09, 6:01 pm
Thanks for bringing the cage to another level for me brother. It was a good time talking and busting balls haha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very very cool working next to you...You are an asset to the team...I will look forward to
the next ABC so we can both train together!

BigAnt
03-10-09, 6:03 pm
you got that 100 percent right big al, the weekend was amazing, everyone was so cool, not even the pro's had an attitude and they must have signed a shitload of autographs, it is very cool of all of them that is what makes animal such a special company, everyone has the utmost respect for one another, all the way from the top to the bottom.

What you see is what you get no BS!

All about being part of a team!

Glad you had a good time!

deanna7272
03-10-09, 6:06 pm
Ahhhhh... No Mediums for Deanna on Sunday.... Grrr....lol I should have known better...

Great post Ant, you covered it all... Another year down and the countdown begins for 2010....

BigAnt
03-10-09, 6:06 pm

You and your wife are ALWAYS a pleasure to be around, and I LEARN SO MUCH FROM THE BOTH OF YOU!

Looking forward to seeing the both of you again soon!

B Con
03-10-09, 6:08 pm
Very cool, you didn't train with us, but you were there..in my book that is "with us"

Yeah the Mayhem after the leg workout was a lot of fun! ! !

POSE DOWN! hahahaha

Striated glute...what fun house mirror were you looking into! LOL

Hahaha it was on your camera hahaha

Posing is hard as hell

Firedrake
03-10-09, 8:48 pm
Great stuff... I truly wish I could have been there...

So? Start planning now for NEXT year! I know I am.

Sgt Rock
03-10-09, 9:40 pm
There is no nicer man than my friend Ant. Always willing to help, and dog gone it the man MIGHT be as good a salesrep when it comes to the Animal line as Sgt Rock himself lol! God bless you my brother, it was so great to work with you again. I am looking forward to doing it all over again in 2010. I miss you already brother, train heavy and SMART.

Semper Fi

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:53 am
Great seeing you again Ant! Awesome write-up. I learned alot from your seminar with Big Al on Saturday, stuff that I will definitely be putting to good use.

BigAnt
03-11-09, 7:28 am
Ahhhhh... No Mediums for Deanna on Sunday.... Grrr....lol I should have known better...

Great post Ant, you covered it all... Another year down and the countdown begins for 2010....

Another great year Dee, was a great time as always...I know you have close to a million pics. Cannot wait to see them! Hopefull we can see each other at another ABC in the near future !

BigAnt
03-11-09, 7:31 am
There is no nicer man than my friend Ant. Always willing to help, and dog gone it the man MIGHT be as good a salesrep when it comes to the Animal line as Sgt Rock himself lol! God bless you my brother, it was so great to work with you again. I am looking forward to doing it all over again in 2010. I miss you already brother, train heavy and SMART.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock,

We see each other only once a year, but we pick up talk right where we left off at...Your dead was amazing, even in your eyes you were not 100% staisfied with your pull....Still another great performance!

Be cool and I am looking to hear from you shorlty when you kill that dead lift record!

BigAnt
03-11-09, 7:33 am
Great seeing you again Ant! Awesome write-up. I learned alot from your seminar with Big Al on Saturday, stuff that I will definitely be putting to good use.

Thank you, very cool seeing you again also...learning and meeting new people...what it is all about...if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to hit me up!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 10:15 am
Once Again!

It Was An Honor And A Pleasure Big Ant, You Were Nothing Less Than Real!

My Girl Loved You, And We Both Appreciate Your Kind Words And Whole Heartedness!

Thanks Again Bro, I Really Look Forward To Seeing You Again And Speaking With You In The Very Near Future, If You Are Ever In The North Carolina Area Please Contact Me As Our Door Is always Open To You!

...easy!!!

BigAnt
03-11-09, 4:26 pm
Once Again!

It Was An Honor And A Pleasure Big Ant, You Were Nothing Less Than Real!

My Girl Loved You, And We Both Appreciate Your Kind Words And Whole Heartedness!

Thanks Again Bro, I Really Look Forward To Seeing You Again And Speaking With You In The Very Near Future, If You Are Ever In The North Carolina Area Please Contact Me As Our Door Is always Open To You!

...easy!!!

Was great meeting you both, you and your girl are very good people!

Did you forget about the 50lb Burrito lunch we had on Sat.? LOL

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 4:45 pm

Was great meeting you both, you and your girl are very good people!

Did you forget about the 50lb Burrito lunch we had on Sat.? LOL

THOSE WERE VERY NICE I MUST SAY LOL!

THAT WAS GOOD THOUGH, TO GET AWAY FROM THE MADNESS AND EAT AND JUST BE ABLE TO CHILL, I THOUGHT VALDA WAS GONNA EAT THE PAPER TRAY HERS WAS IN LMAO!

rev8ball
03-11-09, 4:52 pm
Helluva weekend! It was good seeing you and bullshittin' with you once again, bro. All of us really need to figure out a way to meet up more than once a year....

Standing_Guard
03-11-09, 7:14 pm
Thanks for everything Ant, I look forward to seeing you soon. Next year I'll make my lifts, thanks for believing in me bro.

deanna7272
03-11-09, 11:50 pm
Another great year Dee, was a great time as always...I know you have close to a million pics. Cannot wait to see them! Hopefull we can see each other at another ABC in the near future !

I posted about 600 or so...lol 5 albums worth... There are a bunch on there to snag if you wish...

I am sure we will run into each other somewhere along the line... I definitely plan on hitting some this summer, if not sooner!!

dannynb
03-12-09, 12:03 am
BigAnt....as big of a man you are after meeting you it's easy to see your heart is even bigger. Was great to be there to listen to your spill on diet...you def know your shit. As for your jokes, man I was dieing on the leg ext next to yall rowdy SOB's...you crack me up bro. One day I look forward to tossing some iron with ya. Thanks for being real....it's not seen much in this business.

naturalguy
03-12-09, 9:28 am
Ant, you are an integral part of the experience at The Cage and someone I am glad to call a friend.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 10:00 am
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Mr_Aestheticz/antni.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Mr_Aestheticz/antnboo.jpg

BigAnt
03-12-09, 4:53 pm
THOSE WERE VERY NICE I MUST SAY LOL!

THAT WAS GOOD THOUGH, TO GET AWAY FROM THE MADNESS AND EAT AND JUST BE ABLE TO CHILL, I THOUGHT VALDA WAS GONNA EAT THE PAPER TRAY HERS WAS IN LMAO!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy..gotta eat up while you can, that nasty four letter word
D I E T might be here for both of us...very soon in 2010~!

BigAnt
03-12-09, 4:55 pm
Helluva weekend! It was good seeing you and bullshittin' with you once again, bro. All of us really need to figure out a way to meet up more than once a year....

I KNOW!

It is a shame we only see people once a year...The CT/NJ/NY/DE/VA/PA/ people I see more often at ABC's beacaus closer distance...

What do you have planned for this coming year?

BigAnt
03-12-09, 4:57 pm
Thanks for everything Ant, I look forward to seeing you soon. Next year I'll make my lifts, thanks for believing in me bro.

YOUR VERY WELCOME...WAS GREAT HANGING WITH YOU!

Your lift, YOU GOT IT IN YOU--I BELEIVE THAT AND YOU GOTTA BELEIVE ALSO---RIGHT!

I look forward to haning out again, maybe before MARCH/2010

BigAnt
03-12-09, 4:58 pm
I posted about 600 or so...lol 5 albums worth... There are a bunch on there to snag if you wish...

I am sure we will run into each other somewhere along the line... I definitely plan on hitting some this summer, if not sooner!!

THANKS DEE!

Pizza who us? lol

Was again great seeing you, thanks for the million pics you took, yeah we will cross paths again at a future ABC...

BigAnt
03-12-09, 5:01 pm
BigAnt....as big of a man you are after meeting you it's easy to see your heart is even bigger. Was great to be there to listen to your spill on diet...you def know your shit. As for your jokes, man I was dieing on the leg ext next to yall rowdy SOB's...you crack me up bro. One day I look forward to tossing some iron with ya. Thanks for being real....it's not seen much in this business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Very cool, thank you very much for the kind words....glad you got the goods out of the seminar! Yeah what a crew on that leg night---LOL HAVE SOME FUN, TRAIN HARD AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER...Sure we can train together...maybe at a future ABC? !

BigAnt
03-12-09, 5:07 pm
Ant, you are an integral part of the experience at The Cage and someone I am glad to call a friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THANK YOU VERY MUCH....Your words mean a lot to me!

Yeah I even listened to ya when walking home from the resturant "Ant, don't stalk-bother Dugdale and his wife to much, we will just say a short hello, you can talk to him tomorrow" LOL

Again, I appreciate it very much for walking the expo with me during our short break and taking pics for me!

Looking forward to the time were we can hang out and train again soon!

dannynb
03-12-09, 5:21 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Very cool, thank you very much for the kind words....glad you got the goods out of the seminar! Yeah what a crew on that leg night---LOL HAVE SOME FUN, TRAIN HARD AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER...Sure we can train together...maybe at a future ABC? !

Well I'm stuck down here in Texas but one of these days I'll make it back up that away. Until than I'll catch ya here on the FORVM.

Sidle
03-12-09, 5:32 pm
The cage was awesome.
Unfortunately my friends didn't want to stand there all day like I did.
Frank is a beast.
Too bad I couldn't get him to autograph my Animal Shirt.
Can't wait for next year.

DemonInside
03-12-09, 7:24 pm
man the animal crew was sick at the arnold classic this year, ive never seen forearms like franks haha

Big Wides
03-12-09, 7:32 pm
Ant it was one hell of a weekend. Enjoyed hanging out with you during the whole trip, I think there are some training sessions coming in the near future

sanga
03-12-09, 8:55 pm
Big Ant, it was great to meet you mate, I enjoyed our chat at the airport too with Big Wides, Big Al and McFly.

All you guys made The Cage and my trip from the Uk well worthwhile, thank you to you all.

BigAnt
03-12-09, 10:02 pm
Big Ant, it was great to meet you mate, I enjoyed our chat at the airport too with Big Wides, Big Al and McFly.

All you guys made The Cage and my trip from the Uk well worthwhile, thank you to you all.

Hey Mate;

Another "biscuit" on the the bar>? lol

How was New York, did you and your lady see everything that you had planned?

It was also great meeting you and your lady, and yes we all did have a very nice conversation at the airport, next time...WE WILL ALL GET A WENDY'S FROSTY! ! !

Any more plans to visit the US for you in the future?

sanga
03-12-09, 10:09 pm

Hey Mate;

Another "biscuit" on the the bar>? lol

How was New York, did you and your lady see everything that you had planned?

It was also great meeting you and your lady, and yes we all did have a very nice conversation at the airport, next time...WE WILL ALL GET A WENDY'S FROSTY! ! !

Any more palns to visit the US for you in the future?

Thanks mate, well yeah we hit one of those hop on, hop off bus tours for $49 each for 72 hrs, such value for money, we saw most of New York I think apart from Long Island and The Bronx, we stayed in Times Sq so used it as a base,went to Harlem and Brooklyn too, Central Park is really nice and great to get away from all the chaos for a few hours lol.

Pancakes!!!! Cheesecakes!!!!! Pizzapie!!!! I look 8 months pregnant at the moment, lol

I`ll be back at The Cage next year but may come to New York for christmas time, if I do I`ll be sure to look you guys up and have a training session if thats cool.

Still didn`t get a Wendys Frosty, shit I forgot all about that, but I did visit the Herseys shop a nd got some peanut butter syrup for my pancakes, lol

BigAnt
03-13-09, 11:33 pm
The cage was awesome.
Unfortunately my friends didn't want to stand there all day like I did.
Frank is a beast.
Too bad I couldn't get him to autograph my Animal Shirt.
Can't wait for next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you ask him, he autogrpahed everything-anything--when people asked!

BigAnt
03-13-09, 11:34 pm
Ant it was one hell of a weekend. Enjoyed hanging out with you during the whole trip, I think there are some training sessions coming in the near future

Thanks, same here! Very nice job on the bench!

Any time you want me to meet you guys at Globo Fit, please give me 2 days notice!

futilekyle
03-16-09, 10:47 pm
Hey BigAnt, it was awesome training with you all weekend. My best Arnold experience by far. Thanks for making it happen and hooking me up with the shaker and t shirt

B Con
03-16-09, 10:55 pm
Damn... I miss Columbus.

Bootleg
03-17-09, 4:17 pm
Definately going next year!

sanga
03-17-09, 4:29 pm
Its a must mate, its one of the best experiences of my life, Big Ant and the guys are great fun and very knowledgable.

Enforcer
03-22-09, 12:23 am
Sounds like you had a blast BigAnt. Wish I could have been there to experience it all with you guys. Looking forward to next year tho and all of the future ABC's in between.

MrMuscles22
03-22-09, 12:44 am
Damn... I miss Columbus.

X2 bro!

Sidle
03-24-09, 2:31 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you ask him, he autogrpahed everything-anything--when people asked!

Damn man.
I just sat there and starred.
I have the hunger to be as big as him.
He seems like a man that's a loner though,
so I didn't want to mess with him.

MrMuscles22
03-24-09, 2:40 pm
Shit man, Frank was AWESOME! He autographed anything i wanted him too, he was easy to talk too, hell I even got to workout with him Friday night @ Metro Fitness! He is a kick ass, down to earth, normal guy once you get past the part of his ass kicking physique!