PDA

View Full Version : Training Advice

Ashr1
03-10-09, 5:41 pm
Hia Guys,
I'm following the "Training Routine # 5" training plan published under the 'Training' heading of this site ( http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=48&section=training%0A ).

I was wondering why the plan does not have a shoulder routine and why is the back routine spread over 2 days? (Deadlifts and shrugs on 1 day and others back routines on another)

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

cogz
03-10-09, 5:51 pm
not sure why there is no shoulder day, the front delts get hit a lot on all the pressing movements, but still not sure. The two back days one is hitting the lats while the other is doing deads hitting the lower back, shrugs are hitting the rhomboids, traps, and some rear delts. so you are hitting shoulders, just not directly. if you want to do shoulders i would throw them in with traps and deads by doing side laterals and bent over laterals. like i said before all the pressing is hitting the front delts. just my two cents

Ashr1
03-10-09, 6:17 pm
Thanx COGZ...
I've done exactly as you have suggested, by adding a shoulder routine to the Deadlift and Shrug day... I've added, Shoulder press, Side and rear laterals and barbell raises. Keeping inline with what the routine suggests, 5 sets per exercise, do you think this is too much... I dont wana sound like a wimp, but then again I dont want to overtrain...

Thanks for any imput...

cogz
03-11-09, 9:10 pm
5 sets do sound a bit much maybe for presses ok but cut back the others to 3, you have to see how ya feel, i do a lot of pressing movement so i really dont do front raises or if i do them low weight high reps. rears and sides i do heavy but usually 10 to 15 reps just feel better in a higher rep range