PDA

View Full Version : The Cage From The Eyes Of A Proud Marine/Animal Pro!

Sgt Rock
03-10-09, 9:37 pm
Wow this year (number 6 for Sgt Rock!) I saw more black, and important to me, many MORE Marines supporting us and our effort this year. Few have done this as long as I have and each year it does get better (it is an HONOR to be considered a PRO). I am honored to be a part of the Cage every year and train VERY hard so as not to dissapoint. I came in, ready to rock and roll but had some issues with equipment, that is MY fault. Coming back to SMOKE 700 and not even being able to hear anything is one of my best Cage moments, you guys were not going to let me leave without getting it, thank you! I got to meet so many great folks I dont know where to start. I am good friends with many of the crew, Franky, Byrd and many others, it was great to hang with them again. Michelle does so much guys you all should thank her. Always remember this Corporate doesn't NEED US, they ALLOW US to do our thing, THANK YOU! Next year I look for bigger and better things including my quest for 800, I am sooo close! I am going to break it before the Cage next year and if that happens, well you can look for something so big in the Cage I will keep ya guessin! THanks to Jdawg as always, Eric, man so many people to thank I am afraid I will forget. I get very emotional when it is over until I get back in the gym. I have already laid out my next 18 weeker to a July show, then onto defend my world title, then back to the Cage! It will be here before you know it so START TRAINING NOW! Vinny great job MCing, Alex my fav DJ! Thanks to YOU for being there, without YOU there are no PROS....believe that!!! God bless each and every one of you! For those that stopped me and asked for signed posters and pictures and told me I helped change their life either due to their children being overseas in the USMC or inspiring new gains in the weightroom, it is all MY pleasure and honor! WE ARE FAMILY. We share a passion that most do not understand, but we sure do. Remember this, if you do not know what IT is, you never will......everyone reading this right now, God bless you for knowing and respecting IT.

Semper Fi...SEE YOU IN THE CAGE 2010!!!

dannynb
03-10-09, 11:03 pm
Wow this year (number 6 for Sgt Rock!) I saw more black, and important to me, many MORE Marines supporting us and our effort this year. Few have done this as long as I have and each year it does get better (it is an HONOR to be considered a PRO). I am honored to be a part of the Cage every year and train VERY hard so as not to dissapoint. I came in, ready to rock and roll but had some issues with equipment, that is MY fault. Coming back to SMOKE 700 and not even being able to hear anything is one of my best Cage moments, you guys were not going to let me leave without getting it, thank you! I got to meet so many great folks I dont know where to start. I am good friends with many of the crew, Franky, Byrd and many others, it was great to hang with them again. Michelle does so much guys you all should thank her. Always remember this Corporate doesn't NEED US, they ALLOW US to do our thing, THANK YOU! Next year I look for bigger and better things including my quest for 800, I am sooo close! I am going to break it before the Cage next year and if that happens, well you can look for something so big in the Cage I will keep ya guessin! THanks to Jdawg as always, Eric, man so many people to thank I am afraid I will forget. I get very emotional when it is over until I get back in the gym. I have already laid out my next 18 weeker to a July show, then onto defend my world title, then back to the Cage! It will be here before you know it so START TRAINING NOW! Vinny great job MCing, Alex my fav DJ! Thanks to YOU for being there, without YOU there are no PROS....believe that!!! God bless each and every one of you! For those that stopped me and asked for signed posters and pictures and told me I helped change their life either due to their children being overseas in the USMC or inspiring new gains in the weightroom, it is all MY pleasure and honor! WE ARE FAMILY. We share a passion that most do not understand, but we sure do. Remember this, if you do not know what IT is, you never will......everyone reading this right now, God bless you for knowing and respecting IT.

Semper Fi...SEE YOU IN THE CAGE 2010!!!

Hell of a job Sarge...from a Navy man to a Marine...nothing but respect.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:50 am
It was so awesome to see you again this year bro. Seeing you lift each year is one of my favorite things about the Cage...one of my many favorites, lol.

I've got some videos I shot that I'll be posting up as soon as I get some time to format em'...both of your 700 and your reps of 405 on Sunday.

mritter3
03-11-09, 8:25 am
hey rock seeing you lift was one of the biggest adrenaline rushes i have had, you can tell the way you prepare for a big lift is methodical, and for you to miss 700 the first time and come right back and nail it...well that was damn cool bro. see you in 2010

Firedrake
03-11-09, 7:07 pm
Rock, it was great watching you lift and push through to nail it after missing it!

All respect from a former Army Captain, my friend! I can't wait to see you again next year!

LittleMan55
03-11-09, 7:15 pm
I must say that watching you rip that 700 from the floor, while the crowd was going nuts was electric! Then for you to step up and even attempt 800 without a belt just takes HEART!!! Not many would have the HEART or BALLS to do such a thing. We all learned watching you do what you love. We all grew from the weekend spent with like minded people... Keep ripping it and see you in 2010!!!

Sgt Rock
03-12-09, 7:32 pm
Bros thanks for taking the time to write. I have received LITERALLY over a hundred emails, calls, texts, pms etc from this show. It is so ironic that this was not my best performance, by far, but as far as actually making a difference, which is MOST important, this was my best Cage by far! It makes me emotional to think I can make such a difference. With my Dad being so ill in a nursing home it made me rethink alot, and helping and inspiring others is even MORE important to me now, as lifting heavy weights and winning world championships are great, they really are, but to change someones life and put a smile on someones face, to actually make a difference is much more important than a world title. When I take my father from the nursing home to my next contest, which is going to be back in Maine, to put him in the front row and have him witness my first 800 DL will be something I will treasure forever, and I am in hopes that others will witness it and use that inspriation in their own training, to train harder, smarter, and to inspire and help others.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
03-12-09, 7:34 pm
It was so awesome to see you again this year bro. Seeing you lift each year is one of my favorite things about the Cage...one of my many favorites, lol.

I've got some videos I shot that I'll be posting up as soon as I get some time to format em'...both of your 700 and your reps of 405 on Sunday.

BRo all of us pros talked about you over the weekend, your a true loyal ANIMAL bro and we all are glad to be associated with you! Please post the vids and you can see that an asthma attack and 18reps dont mix lol!

Semper Fi

sanga
03-12-09, 8:56 pm
Great to meet you Sgt Rock, I enjoyed watching you lift.

Phil800101
03-13-09, 4:52 am
BRo all of us pros talked about you over the weekend, your a true loyal ANIMAL bro and we all are glad to be associated with you! Please post the vids and you can see that an asthma attack and 18reps dont mix lol!

Semper Fi

Thanks bro, that really means a lot to me! I am honored to say the least.

Here's the vid of your 700 pound pull:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBR2jSex54

And here's the vid of your reps of 405:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxIIgFP7xm0