PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to begin....

dannynb
03-10-09, 11:23 pm
Flying up to Columbus I had my doubts bringing my girl. I figured she would be miserable the entire weekend. We got there thursday night and just walked around a bit waiting for friday morning. Well woke up grabbed some chow and headed over to the Cage....seeing it the only thing going through my mind was "Oh fuck yes!" Just the energy coming from it was incredible...no other booth had that kind of vibe. We saw some Pro's and NG and G came by and said hi and i introduced them to Michi...than we walked into The Box. Next thing I know everyone would just come by and say hi and introduce themselves. Finally House popped in and spent quite a bit of time talking with me and meeting Michi. That right there made my day! Next we met Vinny and right away he made Michi feel welcome and part of the family and that's when she told me she wants to come back next year. We met all the Pro's Big Al and Michi went head to head all weekend long, Toni and Dee put her through an awesome workout. Myself...hell just BSing with Vinny, Freak, BigAnt, Big Byrd, Big Al, Ox, Wrath, especially House. House spent alot of time just talking with me, not blowing smoke up my ass but being real...and that is something I will never forget. We talked about a lot of personal issues that we share and we both have a lot of similar values. Than meeting Landlord and X really brought it together, they are some of THE NICEST people i have ever met. So after Erik kicked the crap out of me friday night at Metro and we walked back to our hotels still talking like 2 normal guys. The blackout kicked ass even with Arnie walking by and the ABC was awesome just watchingthe Pro's do their thing and Animals everywhere, I had the honor of lifting with BamBam and Bobby's wife )who I might add is awesome as hell and one funny ass woman) before ripping the ass out of my shorts. Afterwards we got to eat with Sam Byrd and his fiance which was really cool spending the evening talking about school and other things....for those that don't know Big Byrd or Biggity Byrd is funny as all hell one of the most laid back guys I have ever met! Sunday was a said time knowing it was all coming to an end. I worked the front table helping sign people up when Big Byrd came up and asked if I needed any wrist wraps, I told him sure and he tossedme Nick Winters wraps that he used for the 700 pound bench. I did some last minute pictures with everyone i could find and when i asked Big Byrd for a pic he asked if Michi had been in any of them and I said not really. That's when he grabbed some guys and told him to take our pic with Mich and his fiance. House wouldn't let me leave without seeing me one last time...which was awesome as we spent a bit of time just talking more......I just can't put it into words......from the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for this great time and I really look forward to doing it again. I could go on but hell for those that were there understand and htose that weren't...ya gotta get there next year.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:46 am
It was awesome meeting you and Michi bro. I can't wait for next year.

mritter3
03-11-09, 8:29 am
sounds like you had a great time bro, its cool how everyone made your girl feel welcome, peace.

Firedrake
03-11-09, 6:54 pm
I really enjoyed meeting you two, and Michi's shirt is one of my favorites of the weekend.

And, despite the circumstances of delayed flights, I really enjoyed the time we had together shooting the breeze at the airport! I can't wait to see you two again! Maybe you and I can hit the gym together one night. I have set a goal for myself to bench my weight for half my age by next year.

BTW, thanks for the coffee!

Standing_Guard
03-11-09, 6:58 pm
It was fun hangin with you and Michi, tell her that her "Animal" shirt was the most creative. See you next year bro

dannynb
03-11-09, 7:17 pm
I really enjoyed meeting you two, and Michi's shirt is one of my favorites of the weekend.

And, despite the circumstances of delayed flights, I really enjoyed the time we had together shooting the breeze at the airport! I can't wait to see you two again! Maybe you and I can hit the gym together one night. I have set a goal for myself to bench my weight for half my age by next year.

BTW, thanks for the coffee!

Antime bro...Next year we will def hit it together. I enjoyed the time we talked.

I'll let Michi know that ya'll liked her shirt!!! She'll get a kick out of it.