PDA

View Full Version : True Life: I Was At "The Cage/Arnold Classic" 2009

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 10:00 am
3/5/09

DAY 1

I woke up at 7 AM to do some last minute wrapping up and final touches for my trip to the Arnold. I made and slammed down some breakfast and then began the grooming process of shaving my head, face, and other shit. After all that I slammed down one more meal grabbed my bags and headed to the airport. I spoke with my girl real quick as she made he trip to the airport to fly out to Ohio. I was going to be traveling for 5 hours so I ran and grabbed some protein bars real quick to eat while on the plane and making transitions. My excitement was overwhelming I couldn’t believe I was getting ready and on my way to the Arnold Classic. I got to the airport at 11 AM to check in and get ready for my 11:55 AM take off. As I getting that taken care of my girlfriend sent me a text message saying that someone on her plane must be heading to the Arnold as well. She said that he was HUGE and wearing a Gold’s Gym t-shirt. There were two main names that automatically came to my mind that it could have been Evan ‘Ox” Centopani or PJ Braun. From the description she gave me I was pretty sure it was Ox.

I hopped on my plane ride and off in the air I was heading to Memphis, TN. Was on the plane for an hour till we landed in Tennessee, soon as I got off I grabbed some grub and chilled being my flight to Columbus was not for another hour and a half. As I was chillen in the airport I noticed some meat heads piling in sitting in the terminal to Columbus and a few figure competitors also chillen. Everyone was talking to one another asking if they were going to the Arnold Classic and blah blah blah. Not me I just wanted to get on the plane and get there already. As I was waiting so much was just going through my mind trying to anticipate what it was going to be like and what was going to be in store for my girl and I.

Finally after I’m patiently waiting for them to start the boarding process they started to let people on. We all go loaded and packed on. I sat next to a lady who had a stumbled and curious look on her face. She leaned over and asked me “what is going on in Columbus?” I explained to her about the Arnold Classic and that it is a huge event where a lot of gym rats and everyone else in their mother goes to enjoy some serious events and competitions. She asked me if I was competing and was flattered but let her that I was not. Anyways I watched a flick on my laptop for my hour and a half flight to Columbus, the anxiety was building in excitement to just hurry up and get there. Finally the pilot makes an announcement that the plane will be landing in 10 minutes “WWOOWW!!”

The plane lands at 5:30 PM, and as we are pulling into our terminal I am looking out the window trying to take in every single minute and moment that I am there. We start unloading and I am walking out into the airport, and all of sudden BAM! There are so many people in the airport and you know who is and isn’t there for the event. I meet up with my girl in the airport to head to baggage claim to get our shit. We are walking through the airport and there are so man physiques of all shapes, sizes, and shaded both male and female. I know I have just landed in paradise, and as soon as we hit the escalator to get our bags I see Brandon Curry. Holy shit I have only been in Columbus for what 10 minute sand already I meet and see a pro (for the record the dude is no joke). So I meet him and we go grab our things we start heading out the airport to grab a cab to the hotel, as we are heading to the hotel I call J-Dawg to find out what is going down and what we will be doing and he let me know to meet him and everyone else in the hotel lobby at 7:30. My girl and I get to the hotel (Hyatt Regancy) around 6:15 PM and it is home to all the professional competitors and major supplement companies, it was basically a meat market lol. Anyways we check into our room and hop on an elevator, the place was a mad house with everyone trying to check in and trying to grab and elevator, we would’ve taken the stair but we were on the 14th floor so yeah fuck that.

So finally we get into our room and settled in and chill for a little till we have to meet the Animal Crew down stairs in the lobby. We get our training gear on and ready as we are going for a crew lift at Metro Flex Fitness where everyone and there mother was lifting. So we hop in the elevator and head down to the lobby, my heart is pumping and am excited beyond belief. I get down to the lobby and the first person I meet is Natural Guy, the funny thing is he gave me a quick look like “hey who the fuck are you?” lol and finally it clicked who I was. Then I met Vinny who cool right off the bat, in the corner of my eye there was McFly, Wides,Big Al, Big Ant, Hola Bola, and G-Diesel standing and bullshitting. Natural Guy walked me and my girl over and introduced me to everyone; everyone was cool and down to earth in my head a bunch of shit was rolling around. Then out the blue Ox come downstairs and I was in aw, this is my hometown hero who I admire and really inspires me. Ox was just unbelievably cool, he was mad chill and very respectable to my girl and I. Finally J-Dawg is the last one down stairs and finally get a chance to meet the man who has been nothing but a great help the whole entire time I was getting ready for this event.

So finally we were all off to the gym which was like 4 blocks up from where we were staying and as we walked over my girl and I were talking to J-Dawg bout our trip and he explained basically what was gonna go on. We got to Metro Flex and it was a meat factory inside of a sauna, just bodies every of every size. Everyone in the crew was trying to figure out who was gonna train and do what. We all walk onto the floor and the very first person I see is a legend of the game “Mr. Charles Glass”. I mean holy shit I could have gone home then and there and been all set; I mean I met the Animal Crew and Charles Glass in the matter of what 15 minutes! My girl did cardio and I trained by myself, not that no one invited me to train or anything along those lines but I just wanted to see and take in everything as much as possible without slowing anyone up. Vinny trained and put J-Dawg, Big Ant, and Natural Guy through a Dorian Yates back workout, Ox did arms, Hola Bola and McFly did chest, and I really do not know remember what G, Wides, and Al did hmmm?

So anyways I trained chest and back and watched everyone else as they trained, I bullshitted and chatted with Ox when we were both resting between sets just asking tippers and talking about general shit. I joked around with Big Al also because he is just too frigen funny not to, right off the bat he was jokester and knew who was going to be my entertainment while at the Arnold lol. I took some video and some pics while at the gym as we started to wrap everything up. I took pics with the crew as we all started to gather and head over to get some grub after our workout around 9:00 PM. Everyone was hungry and ready to get some food, Vinny and Ox did not join us as they are both dieting and getting ready to compete at the NY Pro. So we get to the restaurant like a huge heard of hungry cows and waiting outside for us is The Freak. J-Dawg introduces my girl and I to him (Freak) before we head inside. The girl at the front desk was a little caught of guard by how many beef heads needed to sit to eat at once, I think she was more caught off by Big Al’s presence lol. So we get seated and as we walk to our table we walk past Peter ‘Pump” Putnam. We get to our table order our drinks and start to kick the shit.

My girl and I are talking to everyone having some laughs and making great friends. Everyone was a pleasure to talk to as we talked about a wide range of things. G-Diesel is talking and drop the f bomb everywhere and looks at my girl and apologizes for his mouth, she really doesn’t give a shit being she has a potty mouth herself lol. Big Ant and G made her feel very comfortable and at ease especially being she is the only female in this large group of meat. Big Al is just at the end of the table being funny and hilarious as ever right before we all order. Now it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to guest what everyone ordered?!?!?!? STEAK, A PLAIN POTATO, AND BROCOLLI, I mean come on what else what we get, well except for McFly and my girl they got chicken. We all talked and bullshitted more and that is when they brought out the garlic bread sticks! OMG those fucking things were off the hook, they were warm, soft, and chewy. Big Al and I were really the only ones grubbing on those things lol. I had about 4 of them and Al had who knows and the guy brought out a shit load more and guess who took them back with them to there hotel room? YOU GOT IT BIG AL LMAO! We finished eating and wrapped everything up after having a great meal in our stomachs.

We started to walk out and head back to the hotel which was right across the street and as we were walking out there was Wrath chillen and eating letting us know he will see us all the next day. Peter Putnam was walking out as we were and I got a chance to bullshit with him real quick. As we start to walk in everyone was ready to head to their rooms and go to bed, J-Dawg told me the schedule for the next day and what was going to go down. We all parted ways and said good night as we would be seeing each other the very next day early in the morning. As my girl and I took the elevator up to our room I was just in aw and amazed at how great of a first night that was. We got to our room and talked about how excited we were for the next few days coming up and just how unbelievably cool everyone was. We were both really excited and ready to hit the sack. We cleaned up got in bed and went to bed…………WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS IN STORE FOR US THE NEXT DAY!!!!

JUGGERNAUT
03-11-09, 11:06 am
You can write your A... off! WOW/GREAT!

TheDarkHalf
03-11-09, 11:13 am

I'm surprised everything wasn't written in capitals.....=p

firsthorseman97
03-11-09, 11:18 am
Looking forward to more in here, RJ. It was nice meeting you this past weekend.

Big Al
03-11-09, 11:55 am
All I wanna know is.......does your girl miss me yet?????.LMFAO
I had a great time and your girl took it all in stride.It take a good girl to put up with all of us at one time.lol

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 12:16 pm

HEY BOR JUST TRYING TO BRING EVERYONE INTO MY WORLD AND SEE IT THROUGH MY WORDS!

I'm surprised everything wasn't written in capitals.....=p

DICK!

Looking forward to more in here, RJ. It was nice meeting you this past weekend.

BE ON THE LOOK OUT, AND IT WAS DEF A PLEASURE BRO, NOTHING LESS!

All I wanna know is.......does your girl miss me yet?????.LMFAO
I had a great time and your girl took it all in stride.It take a good girl to put up with all of us at one time.lol

MOTHERFU......!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!

LOL THE FEELING IS MUTUAL, AND HOW COULD SHE HAS NOT TAKEN IT IN STRIDE LOOK WHO SHE IS WITH LOL!

B Con
03-11-09, 12:27 pm
Nice write up. Glad to hear you were treated good. Nothing beats the atmosphere there and definitely looking forward to the rest of the days.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 2:24 pm
Great write-up bro, I'm looking forward to days 2, 3, and 4. It was awesome getting to meet you this past weekend.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 4:14 pm
Nice write up. Glad to hear you were treated good. Nothing beats the atmosphere there and definitely looking forward to the rest of the days.

I EXPECTED NOTHING LESS!

Great write-up bro, I'm looking forward to days 2, 3, and 4. It was awesome getting to meet you this past weekend.

THANKS BRO, THEE DAYS ONLY GOT BETTER THAN EVENTUALLY BAD...STAY TUNED!

J-Dawg
03-11-09, 4:14 pm
Mr. A, I was glad to share this years Arnold experience with you bro. Your enthusiasm for the brand and the bodybuilding lifestyle made the weekend complete for me. I couldn't think of a more deserving winner for the Big 88s grand prize. Looking forward to the rest of your write ups as well!

BigAnt
03-11-09, 4:24 pm
Nice write up!

Bread sticks...,Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 4:43 pm
Mr. A, I was glad to share this years Arnold experience with you bro. Your enthusiasm for the brand and the bodybuilding lifestyle made the weekend complete for me. I couldn't think of a more deserving winner for the Big 88s grand prize. Looking forward to the rest of your write ups as well!

J-DAWG IT WAS A GREAT HONOR AND PLEASURE!!!

I LOVE ANIMAL BUT MAINLY I LOVE THE PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH ANIMAL, THERE IS NO OTHER FAMILY THAT I WOULD RATHER BE APART OF!

I GREATLY APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS!

THE REST WILL BE COMING UP SOON!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 4:44 pm
Nice write up!

Bread sticks...,Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL

DAMN I WISH I HAD A PIC OF THE FIDEL HAT AND BREADSTICK JOKE LOL!

BUT THOSE THINGS WERE MIGHTY TASTY!

Big Wides
03-11-09, 4:44 pm
Hell of a write up dude, you captured it all. Kudos to your girl who put up with all of us all weekend. It was very nice meeting both of you and as for the food, well it can't be beat

Mr. Aestheticz
03-11-09, 6:39 pm
Hell of a write up dude, you captured it all. Kudos to your girl who put up with all of us all weekend. It was very nice meeting both of you and as for the food, well it can't be beat

LIKE I SAID BRO IF SHE CAN PUT P WITH ME SHE CAN DEAL WITH ANYONE LOL!

YEAH IT WAS DEF A PLEASURE AND GREAT TIMES!

MMMMMMMMMM FFFOOOODDDDDD (NEXT TIME LIKE I TOLD ANT, ALL, AND MCFLY WARM BURGERS AND FRIES LOL)

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 9:38 am
I Got The Pictures Loaded Up On My Myspace Page!

The Link To My Page Is In My Sig, You Do Not Have To Be My Friend To View Them It Is Open To All!

Check'em Out!

...easy!!!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 9:56 am
I Got The Pictures Loaded Up On My Myspace Page!

The Link To My Page Is In My Sig, You Do Not Have To Be My Friend To View Them It Is Open To All!

Check'em Out!

...easy!!!

HERE IS THE PHOTOBUCKET LINK!

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Mr_Aestheticz/

Vinny G
03-12-09, 10:24 am
HERE IS THE PHOTOBUCKET LINK!

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Mr_Aestheticz/

great pictures, but keep the guy we call, "mountain of love muscle"....Big Al away from your girl, the girls just love him....lol

and why am i not in any pic's with her.....thats not right....lol

JUGGERNAUT
03-12-09, 10:24 am
Great stuff in there!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 10:26 am
great pictures, but keep the guy we call, "mountain of love muscle"....Big Al away from your girl, the girls just love him....lol

and why am i not in any pic's with her.....thats not right....lol

I HAVE BEEN WARNING HIM TO BACK OFF LOL!

ACTUALLY WE ARE BOTH PISSED WE LOST A LOT OF PICS, LIKE WE HAD OTHER PICS WE LIKED BUT LOST!

Vinny G
03-12-09, 10:30 am
I HAVE BEEN WARNING HIM TO BACK OFF LOL!

ACTUALLY WE ARE BOTH PISSED WE LOST A LOT OF PICS, LIKE WE HAD OTHER PICS WE LIKED BUT LOST!

LOL, Its all good.

Flash419
03-12-09, 10:50 am
Great write-up of your weekend. Keep it coming..

Awesome prize and it couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 11:02 am
Great write-up of your weekend. Keep it coming..

Awesome prize and it couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

THANKS BRO!

I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT COMMENT!

THE REST IS COMING SOON!

TheDarkHalf
03-12-09, 11:11 am
Was Tiny at the cage? He's been absent from the forum for awhile, was wondering if anyone saw him there or know what he's up to.

Big Al
03-12-09, 1:45 pm
Damn I miss my girl.....LOL.......I had to.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/Mr_Aestheticz/allnboo.jpg

Phil800101
03-12-09, 2:40 pm
Great pics bro.

sanga
03-12-09, 8:59 pm
It was good to meet you Mr. Aestheticz, glad you had a great time mate, you deserved it.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 9:05 pm

DEAD MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-12-09, 9:06 pm
It was good to meet you Mr. Aestheticz, glad you had a great time mate, you deserved it.

IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU AS WELL AND I GREATLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT!!!

WAS ALSO GLAD TO SEE YOU LAST MINUTE AT HE AIRPORT HANGING OUT BY YOURSELF PATIENTLY WAITING LOL!

YUNG THOR
03-12-09, 9:37 pm
You know... some people say,"you should go to disneyland once ,just to be in your dream land just that one time"well my disneyland is.... the cage....i would loook to kick it there even if it is just for 5 minutes just to soak in he atmosphere.....it must be terriffic!!!!im happ you enjoyed your experience i hope my time will come soon....

Mr. Aestheticz
03-13-09, 9:30 am
You know... some people say,"you should go to disneyland once ,just to be in your dream land just that one time"well my disneyland is.... the cage....i would loook to kick it there even if it is just for 5 minutes just to soak in he atmosphere.....it must be terriffic!!!!im happ you enjoyed your experience i hope my time will come soon....

DISNEY LAND IS FOR PUSSIES LMAO!

THE CAGE IS WHERE IT IS AT, I HOPE YOU CAN GET A CHANCE OT EXPERIENCE IT AS WELL!

Alk
03-13-09, 9:53 am
DISNEY LAND IS FOR PUSSIES LMAO!

THE CAGE IS WHERE IT IS AT, I HOPE YOU CAN GET A CHANCE OT EXPERIENCE IT AS WELL!

Heh, this is where a bunch of people at my high school are going for the school's senior trip...and we wonder why our athletic programs suck in comparison to many area schools.

I wish I had the mobility like you guys to go see the Arnold, because from how the write-up was worded, it sounded like an amazing experience. Maybe college will give me the opportunity to see my first show, but until then, I can live with the pictures and reviews.

arsilva
03-13-09, 12:05 pm

DEAD MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least he's not strip-teasing/bathing himself in ketchup and mustard a la Max and Erma's. Good write up though man