PDA

View Full Version : Early morning cardio & Nitro/BCAA/EAA stack usage?

Iron58
03-11-09, 2:24 pm
Guys –

I’ve been thinking of adding some first thing in the morning low-intensity cardio to my cut…I know a few of you on here use it but I’ve read a lot about early cardio chewing up a fair amount of lean mass. Makes sense given the work done will elevate amino acid oxidation (not to mention cortisol release making it easy for the body to turn AAs into glucose.) So…

1) You guys have a big problem w/early morning fasted cardio?
2) Would using Nitro or a combination of the BCAA and EAA Stacks make a material difference in preventing lean mass loss in a fasted state? (Maybe even Intra-Aid with the bits of malto/WMS to prevent any gluconeogenesis.)

Thanks guys.

mfl5027
03-11-09, 3:21 pm
You have the right idea. Take some amino acids so that your body uses those for fuel rather than your muscles and possibly even spark anabolism. You should stay away from any carbs before this as that would defeat the purpose of fasted cardio.

That's the theory anyway. It's debatable, but it works for me and I only lose muscle mass if I end up undereating. The only thing I do different is alternate HIIT in with steady state.

Universal Rep
03-11-09, 3:23 pm
Guys –

I’ve been thinking of adding some first thing in the morning low-intensity cardio to my cut…I know a few of you on here use it but I’ve read a lot about early cardio chewing up a fair amount of lean mass. Makes sense given the work done will elevate amino acid oxidation (not to mention cortisol release making it easy for the body to turn AAs into glucose.) So…

1) You guys have a big problem w/early morning fasted cardio?
2) Would using Nitro or a combination of the BCAA and EAA Stacks make a material difference in preventing lean mass loss in a fasted state? (Maybe even Intra-Aid with the bits of malto/WMS to prevent any gluconeogenesis.)

Thanks guys.

I personally have no issues with fasted cardio.
EAA Stack or Animal Nitro (EAAs) would be a great addition on a cut--studies do show it will help you preserve lean mass.

Mr. Dead
03-11-09, 3:25 pm
I personally have no issues with fasted cardio.
EAA Stack or Animal Nitro (EAAs) would be a great addition on a cut--studies do show it will help you preserve lean mass.

My morning session of cardio is in a fasted state... And, I Definitely agree that EAA Stack or Nitro would be a great addition, it has helped me preserve my mass, during my contest prep...

calcaneous
03-11-09, 3:34 pm
animals cuts before leaving for the gym.

nitro in locker room when putting on walking/running shoes.

mritter3
03-11-09, 4:46 pm
either one of those would work bcaa or eaa stack both great products.